Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Addison Gumbs & Hunter Echols (Six Pac lean)

Started by redleg, July 15, 2016, 11:46:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

Both of these 4* defenders from California are showing interest in Arkansas for one reason or another. In fact, DE Echols (6'4" 235) is committed to UCLA, but wants to visit Arkansas because of his fandom for Darren MacFadden. OLB Gumbs (6'4" 220) has visited Fayetteville twice now.
What are the realistic chances that Bielema can get one or both of these guys?
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redleg on July 15, 2016, 11:46:52 am
Both of these 4* defenders from California are showing interest in Arkansas for one reason or another. In fact, DE Echols (6'4" 235) is committed to UCLA, but wants to visit Arkansas because of his fandom for Darren MacFadden. OLB Gumbs (6'4" 220) has visited Fayetteville twice now.
What are the realistic chances that Bielema can get one or both of these guys?
Gumbs' Dad and Rick Town are BFFs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

redleg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 15, 2016, 11:50:30 am
Gumbs' Dad and Rick Town are BFFs.
So...what does that do for us?

sowmonella

Quote from: redleg on July 15, 2016, 11:52:43 am
Well it sure doesn't hurt us.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redleg on July 15, 2016, 11:52:43 am
means he has inside knowledge of the program. our problem is public perception. Everyone always says, "way better than expected, hidden gem," etc. Of course it helps.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

redleg

Is it realistic at all to think Arkansas can land either of these guys...or both?

longpig

Quote from: redleg on July 15, 2016, 02:58:57 pm
Is it realistic at all to think Arkansas can land either of these guys...or both?

Sure, why not?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hawgzinbowlz

East TN HAWG

Do we have room?  There is only 8-9 spots left

We are on some studs: Gumbs, Echols, Hayden, Brown, Nixon, Thomas, Kelly-Powell, Buggs, Byers, Josh Clarke, Todd Harris, Wallow, Kendrick James.

There are some quality players.  I think we get Hayden, Brown and Nixon(JC), so that leaves only 6 slots unless you want to leave room for a grad transfer.

ricepig

Quote from: East TN HAWG on July 15, 2016, 04:24:38 pm
Do we have room?  There is only 8-9 spots left

We are on some studs: Gumbs, Echols, Hayden, Brown, Nixon, Thomas, Kelly-Powell, Buggs, Byers, Josh Clarke, Todd Harris, Wallow, Kendrick James.

There are some quality players.  I think we get Hayden, Brown and Nixon(JC), so that leaves only 6 slots unless you want to leave room for a grad transfer.

We can count back a few for next year, but that could change on the JUCO visiting. I assume he's still visiting this weekend, but he wasn't on RD's list in his Friday tidbits.

Hogfanbornin94

We have 12 spots left for this class (3 counting back), 11 if we get that d-lineman who visits this week.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: redleg on July 15, 2016, 02:58:57 pm

Probable not a real good chance but what the heck.  When recruiting 4 star kids over a thousand miles away it  many times it boils down to relationships.  If we can get in there, establish a good re-poor with the kids and get them on campus what the heck.  There is a chance.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogfanbornin94 on July 18, 2016, 09:59:44 am
We have 12 spots left for this class (3 counting back), 11 if we get that d-lineman who visits this week.
I think I finally have figured out why Coach BB is friends with Butch pukeorange Jones. He needed the 411 on how to oversign like the slimeVols.

Hogfanbornin94

I'm not saying we will sign that many, I was just stating how many Scholarships we had left in the class. I think we sigh 21-24  getting 1 safety, 2 or 3 o-lineman, and 3 more d-lineman and the potential for 1 more corner

SkeeterHawg

The Crystal Ball reads 25-percent for Notre Dame, 25-percent for Arizona, 25-percent for UCLA and 25-percent for Washington. So we don't even have a chance. :-\

/s

Muskliketusk

We ain't even in Echols's top 10. Gumbs is gonna call them hogs though just a matter of time.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

jjdlc

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on July 22, 2016, 09:28:42 pm
The Crystal Ball reads 25-percent for Notre Dame, 25-percent for Arizona, 25-percent for UCLA and 25-percent for Washington. So we don't even have a chance. :-\

/s

As of right now, doubtful, if he visits, maybe, even then, a very long shot.  Wouldn't be the first time the crystal ball didn't even list the team a player chose.

jwilliamson67

Article on bleacher report that hunter echols has decommitted from ucla and they are out of the picture.

Article doesn't mention arkansas.