Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chase Hayden update from The Opening

Started by Richard Davenport, July 11, 2016, 11:45:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan31

Glad we are his leader. Really hope this kid is a hog.

zane

55th ranked RB in the country?

I'd like to see the 54 better than him.
RIP LSUfan

hogsfan31

Quote from: zane on July 11, 2016, 12:40:11 pm

Yeh I said the same thing

jjdlc

Quote from: zane on July 11, 2016, 12:40:11 pm

No joke, surely that is going to change after his showing at the opening.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

navyhog24

If we can get this kid along with Williams locked up this early, that'd be great. The coaches can use the rest of the time focusing on OL recruits as that seems to be going very slow at the moment.

edt

I really believe Chase is going to commit to the Hogs at the end of July.

King Kong

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2016, 01:00:46 pm
Mitchell > Singleton > Thomas

Mitchell > (Singleton + Thomas)

Mitchell is better than both combined

ricepig

Wildhog > Mitchell > Singleton > Thomas

I fixt it fer ya. We need you cruitin for us. Although, it's really too early to make a claim on Mitchell yet. So, I may have to put him in front of you in February.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2016, 01:05:37 pm
I fixt it fer ya. We need you cruitin for us. Although, it's really too early to make a claim on Mitchell yet. So, I may have to put him in front of you in February.

Seems fair.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The_Boot_stops_here

Love that offer list. And his tape is alright too

onebadrubi

Mitchell > Singleton > Thomas

Just curious why you already place Mitchell over Singleton?  I thought highly of Singleton last year? 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 11, 2016, 07:52:53 pm
Love that offer list. And his tape is alright too
he's so smooth and has that vision/full speed cut like AC. There are a couple truly "wow" runs on that tape.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: jjdlc on July 11, 2016, 12:51:05 pm
No joke, surely that is going to change after his showing at the opening.
What did he do at the opening?

AugustaHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 11, 2016, 08:17:41 pm
Just curious why you already place Mitchell over Singleton?  I thought highly of Singleton last year?
He's well thought of as a coach, but he has a history of being a great recruiter.  Singleton and Thomas were never known as ace recruiters.

lumphog

Hogs run wild

man i hope we get this kid. he's the real deal.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

LRHawg

Just watched his tape. Has scary-good vision and acceleration. Would be an awesome complement to our Backs next year! Hope he calls the hogs.  :razorback:

zebradynasty

Excellent footwork, vision and acceleration! I am concerned about them bulking him up too much. BB likes bigger backs and I don't think this kid can carry 210 plus. But we have excellent trainers and conditioning staff so maybe they can find a way to pack it on him. 

Paul

From what I'm hearing he's a great kid too

trashcan maN

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on July 11, 2016, 10:43:43 pm
What did he do at the opening?
Made LBs miss in the cat-and-mouse drill and finished 3rd overall in points.

Hawgar The Horrible

His running style immediately reminded me of this guy...

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

bphi11ips

Just some clarification on the classification of St. George's.  I've seen it referred to as 2A, which caused me to question Hayden's gaudy numbers, because that is the equivalent of Rison, Gurdon, Mountainburg, etc., in Arkansas.  However, the correct Tennessee classification for St. George's is Division II-A.  Public schools in Tennessee are classified from 1A to 6A, with 6A schools having student populations over 2500.  Private schools compete in Division II, which is broken down into AA and A, with AA generally being considered the highest level.  Division II is generally where you find the best teams and the majority of the elite talent in the state.  Division II teams recruit aggressively.

St. George's has 3 offensive players on Murphy Fair's (think Hootens) preseason DII all-state team and are the favorites to win the DII-A state title.  Hayden is joined by QB Ben Glass and TE Noah Pope.  The other DII preseason allstate RB is 5'11" 194 lb. 4-star Ty Chandler of AA Montgomery Bell Academy.  Ole Miss was on Chandler in the 8th grade, and he has offers from the usual SEC suspects.

In other words, Hayden is in good company where high school competition is concerned.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 12, 2016, 10:11:43 am
Made LBs miss in the cat-and-mouse drill and finished 3rd overall in points.
and his SPARK rating was 137.5, 6th in the nation and well in the 99th percentile nationally!!

I promise he'll be a 4 star very soon if that makes some of you feel better.

Other thing I love about him is he is an elite DB as well, at least a 3 star with a sick SPARK. He's a can't miss prospect imo.
@Slackaveli

wholehog92

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 12, 2016, 01:08:31 pm
Just some clarification on the classification of St. George's.  I've seen it referred to as 2A, which caused me to question Hayden's gaudy numbers, because that is the equivalent of Rison, Gurdon, Mountainburg, etc., in Arkansas.  However, the correct Tennessee classification for St. George's is Division II-A.  Public schools in Tennessee are classified from 1A to 6A, with 6A schools having student populations over 2500.  Private schools compete in Division II, which is broken down into AA and A, with AA generally being considered the highest level.  Division II is generally where you find the best teams and the majority of the elite talent in the state.  Division II teams recruit aggressively.

St. George's has 3 offensive players on Murphy Fair's (think Hootens) preseason DII all-state team and are the favorites to win the DII-A state title.  Hayden is joined by QB Ben Glass and TE Noah Pope.  The other DII preseason allstate RB is 5'11" 194 lb. 4-star Ty Chandler of AA Montgomery Bell Academy.  Ole Miss was on Chandler in the 8th grade, and he has offers from the usual SEC suspects.

In other words, Hayden is in good company where high school competition is concerned.

Thanks for clarifying that.  I was wondering myself but hadn't researched it yet and probably wouldn't have until he committed.  FTR, I wouldn't have commented on it until I researched.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

JaketheSnake

He seems to have that Joe Adams type ability to make defenders miss.  Highlights are very impressive.

bphi11ips

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 12, 2016, 01:21:58 pm
Thanks for clarifying that.  I was wondering myself but hadn't researched it yet and probably wouldn't have until he committed.  FTR, I wouldn't have commented on it until I researched.

I live in Nashville, TN, so I knew the difference.  I also just got a copy of Murphy Fair's 2016 Tennessee High School Football, so all the info was right there. 

I think based on everything - proximity to campus, great family (no bagmen required), etc., - we look to be in very good shape with this young man.  Fingers crossed.

BTW - I've seen Ty Chandler play twice.  He's the real deal, also.

trashcan maN

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 12, 2016, 02:05:16 pm
I live in Nashville, TN, so I knew the difference.  I also just got a copy of Murphy Fair's 2016 Tennessee High School Football, so all the info was right there. 

I think based on everything - proximity to campus, great family (no bagmen required), etc., - we look to be in very good shape with this young man.  Fingers crossed.

BTW - I've seen Ty Chandler play twice.  He's the real deal, also.
Chase was 'Mr Football Tennessee' as a JUNIOR.
@Slackaveli

bphi11ips

July 12, 2016, 08:58:58 pm #31 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:45:24 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 12, 2016, 07:40:34 pm
Chase was 'Mr Football Tennessee' as a JUNIOR.

No doubt he's a great player and not many juniors win that award, but keep in mind there are 17 players in Tennessee each year named "Mr. Football" - 8 backs, 8 linemen and one kicker.  Hayden's stats look like Rawleigh Williams'.  Anyone with those numbers playing at that level has elite potential. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 12, 2016, 08:58:58 pm
No doubt he's a great player and not many juniors win that award, but keep in mind there are 17 players in Tennessee each year named "Mr. Football" - 8 backs, 8 linemen and one kicker.  Hayden's stats look like Rawleigh Williams'.  Anyone with those numbers playing at that level has elite potential.
didnt know that about there being 17 of them, i thought it was 1 per division. nice catch.
@Slackaveli

Razorbacker79

Man, I hope we get this guy!  Between what I've read about him from Richard and viewing his tape, I'm very impressed--I can seldom say that about most tapes.  Hope ya'll don't take this the wrong way--I'm looking at it from a strictly football viewpoint, but this is who immediately came to mind when I first saw his Hudl vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cu5ykSda0
Turn up that damn jukebox!!