Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Montaric Brown

Started by Richard Davenport, July 05, 2016, 09:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan31

Bacon_Bitz

How can this be good? This is awful news.

The Hawg Marshal

The Hawg Marshal

Pure speculation on my part, but it sounds like he was about to commit and someone said "wait a minute let's talk about this some more" . But who knows.

IronMountainHog

Not a big fan of this type of drama to be honest.

luke hawg

I think he was about to commit to us. Family wants him to consider all his options

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on July 05, 2016, 10:29:45 pm
How can this be good? This is awful news.

Well now it looks like he's waiting again, so you can come down from the ledge.

PorkRinds

Maybe he CBB put the squeeze on when the bama visit was announced.  It is a bit weird going back and forth.

lumphog

WHAT A BUNCH OF WUSSIES......I bet yall vote for Killery

The Hawg Marshal

How are we wussies for talking recruiting in the recruiting forum?

IronMountainHog

My feeling is Satan put the hard sale on him and had him all set to commit tomorrow.  Someone in the family probably told him that he should be prepared for the backlash in town and everywhere Ashdown plays and maybe he should put some more thought into things.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

He's not announcing at the hall of fame is he?
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

LRHawg

Is his family razorback fans? If he's reconsidering due to family, my guess is he just got talked out of committing to Bama tomorrow.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 05, 2016, 09:54:23 pm
The sudden change is weird. Before this year I would say it doesn't favor us, but with the way our commits have came this recruiting season, it just might go in line with them. What's weird though is to release your visit schedule then announce shortly following.

Alot of times with prized in state recruits the coach will say commit now, In Response to the player saying they want to take visits.  Jordan jones described CBB's reaction to a planned visit to bama In an article somewhere. 

longpig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 06, 2016, 12:12:34 am
Alot of times with prized in state recruits the coach will say commit now, In Response to the player saying they want to take visits.  Jordan jones described CBB's reaction to a planned visit to bama In an article somewhere.

I read that.  Difference is, Jones had already committed to Arkansas.  Coach B told him he should decommit if he was taking an official to Alabama.  Sounds like a reasonable request.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Seebs

Such speculators. Let's discuss what we know, because we certainly are discussing what we don;t know.

Planned a special announcement on his Special Day, his birthday August 24
Almost committed earlier to the Hogs but decided to keep his special date
Added an official visit to Bama August 20, just before his decision
Changed his announcement date to July 6
Changed his announcement date to the end of July less than a day after his initial date change

Seems like the young man is conflicted and has stated that the Razorbacks are his dream school.

Whatever he decides I hope he sticks with it. Sounds like he needs peace of mind.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

edt

Saban put the pressure on him to commit or lose his spot. His family talked him out of it and he is going to wait a while longer. Hope he is a Hog in the end but its anyone's guess at this point.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on July 05, 2016, 10:53:52 pm
How are we wussies for talking recruiting in the recruiting forum?

Come on, the "Panties in a Wad" syndrome has caught on just a bit.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: edt on July 06, 2016, 07:19:20 am
Saban put the pressure on him to commit or lose his spot. His family talked him out of it and he is going to wait a while longer. Hope he is a Hog in the end but its anyone's guess at this point.

Nick would use manipulation and extortion with 18 year old recruits??  I just can't believe he'd do anything so underhanded and controlling.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

AirWarren

Quote from: lefty08 on July 05, 2016, 09:51:32 pm
Danny West has said point blank he will be a hog.

Take it for what it's worth, but I haven't seen danny be so sure

Even he doesn't know what to think about the move up, though

Danny west doesn't know. No one knows unfortunately.

Alabama has done this to us on many occasions. It won't be anything new.

AirWarren

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 05, 2016, 10:42:47 pm
Not a big fan of this type of drama to be honest.

It's a kid. Who has the spot light on him. And he knows he has a bunch of Middle Aged social media clowns following him 24/7. He is eating it up. The state eyes are on him.

AirWarren

Quote from: LRHawg on July 05, 2016, 11:38:12 pm
Is his family razorback fans? If he's reconsidering due to family, my guess is he just got talked out of committing to Bama tomorrow.

Kids who truly want to be Razorbacks commit to the Razorbacks. No questions asked.

Examples. Dmac. Agim. Hammonds. Jones.

All this excess drama tells me he is wanting to go somewhere else. So brace yourself Twitter stalkers.

AirWarren

Quote from: lumphog on July 05, 2016, 10:48:40 pm
WHAT A BUNCH OF WUSSIES......I bet yall vote for Killery

Umm hmm. I love seeing grown men focus their entire day on the decision of a 17 year old.

King Kong

Quote from: AP85 on July 06, 2016, 07:56:08 am
Kids who truly want to be Razorbacks commit to the Razorbacks. No questions asked.

Examples. Dmac. Agim. Hammonds. Jones.

All this excess drama tells me he is wanting to go somewhere else. So brace yourself Twitter stalkers.

Ignorant post as Brown's commitment will come Months earlier than Agims commitment last year and I believe he changed his commitment date a few times as well

AirWarren

Quote from: King Kong on July 06, 2016, 08:03:28 am
Ignorant post as Agim his commitment will come Months earlier than Agims commitment last year and I believe he changed his commitment date a few times as well

Please. If you're going to present a rebuttal, make your paragraph coherent.

King Kong

Quote from: AP85 on July 06, 2016, 08:04:45 am
Please. If you're going to present a rebuttal, make your paragraph coherent.

Agim's commitment in September last year. 2 months later than Brown is going to commit

If you are as smart as you think you are, you should be able to figure that out

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on July 05, 2016, 10:26:27 pm
Richard Davenport Retweeted
August 24th
♌ ‏@yvngsimba3 12m12 minutes ago

Stay Tuned 🔊
Says now that he's waiting until the end of the month. That he needs to get his family involved in the recruiting process.

Wow.  Don't start this crap.  "Get his family involved" = Saban called and told me to wait until after the Bama visit to "make sure you do what is right for you and your family".  The longer he drags it out, the more likely he is to go elsewhere.

The Hogfather

Quote from: edt on July 06, 2016, 07:19:20 am

I'd bet it was the other way around.  Bama got word he was going to commit and they pressured him to at least wait until after his visit there.

IronMountainHog

The only Arkansan who ever had success in Bama football was the covert racist Bear Bryant. The players as of recent times either transfer out or warm a bench.

lefty08

I keep seeing people say bama has done this to us many times before. Seems there is more defeatist attitude in that statement than truth. Let it play out, I believe he will be a hog before its over
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

longpig

Quote from: AP85 on July 06, 2016, 07:53:56 am
It's a kid. Who has the spot light on him. And he knows he has a bunch of Middle Aged social media clowns following him 24/7. He is eating it up. The state eyes are on him.

Not much else to do in Ashdown this time of year.  :(
Don't be scared, be smart.

TNhawgfan

So many posters writing like they know exactly what has been said by CBB, Satan, and family when we're all clueless. He will either be a hog or he won't. No sleep lost ether way
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Seebs

In before Mods clean this up -

Since we all are guessing I will join in on a slightly more positive approach.

"Dad I don;t want to wait until my birthday, I want to announce on twitter tomorrow that I am going to Arkansas!"

Dad: 'Son, you only do this once, don't waste it on twitter. If you don;t want to wait until August 24, at least let's announce at the end of the month so Grandma and Uncle Steve can be here and we announce with your family and have a celebration. Just don;t waste this moment on twitter".

MB: 'Okay Dad - I will let the world know I am getting my family involved.'

How's that?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Bacon_Bitz

I saw some screen shots of some private FB messages to Pig in the Pokey and heard some third-hand info from Duckman that he got from Jeff Grimes at the Bass Pro Shop in Ruston.  All I can say is based on this, some of what has been said in this thread is true, and some of it is false.  The truth lies either in between or on one of the other sides of these polar opposites.  But the truth is out there if you know how to read the patterns in his follows on Twitter.

ricepig

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 06, 2016, 09:22:12 am
So many posters writing like they know exactly what has been said by CBB, Satan, and family when we're all clueless. He will either be a hog or he won't. No sleep lost ether way

Correct, hopefully he says he wants to be a Hog, if not, on to the next one who does.

AirWarren

Quote from: King Kong on July 06, 2016, 08:08:13 am
Agim's commitment in September last year. 2 months later than Brown is going to commit

If you are as smart as you think you are, you should be able to figure that out

Here is the thing. It's not make or break for me.

All I have to do is look at the Alabama track record and compare what we have lost to them. Along with tenner and Ohio state.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on July 06, 2016, 09:46:09 am
I saw some screen shots of some private FB messages to Pig in the Pokey and heard some third-hand info from Duckman that he got from Jeff Grimes at the Bass Pro Shop in Ruston.  All I can say is based on this, some of what has been said in this thread is true, and some of it is false.  The truth lies either in between or on one of the other sides of these polar opposites.  But the truth is out there if you know how to read the patterns in his follows on Twitter.

Patterns in his follows on Twitter.

My god some of you need a woman and/or a life.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 09:47:09 am
Correct, hopefully he says he wants to be a Hog, if not, on to the next one who does.

Smartest thing you have ever said!

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 06, 2016, 09:49:08 am
Patterns in his follows on Twitter.

My god some of you need a woman and/or a life.

You can't see the sarcasm in that, lol?

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 06, 2016, 09:49:31 am
Smartest thing you have ever said!

We're still waiting on yours!!!!!

onebadrubi

My gosh if Pig in the Pokey is facebook messaging him he will end up a LB'er

ricepig

Any news on Gruden?

fullfan

I am always suspicious when recruits "want to get family involved in the process".  Their influence can be ea$y target$ for un$crupulous $chools like Bama.

I hope he chooses the Hogs but if not there will be other talented athletes that will.

ricepig

Quote from: fullfan on July 06, 2016, 10:22:49 am
I am always suspicious when recruits "want to get family involved in the process".  Their influence can be ea$y target$ for un$crupulous $chools like Bama.

I hope he chooses the Hogs but if not there will be other talented athletes that will.
Well, no need to imply anything, it could be the family wants him to attend Arkansas. As was said above, it's a 17-18 year old kid, they are wishy washy at times.

Wildhog

Can't get outworked for an in-state safety.  Hope he picks us.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 10:27:12 am
Can't get outworked for an in-state safety.  Hope he picks us.

I doubt it is about getting out worked. It is probably about what lines Bielema won't cross that other programs do.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 06, 2016, 10:27:57 am
I doubt it is about getting out worked. It is probably about what lines Bielema won't cross that other programs do.

Such as?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

I have been in Belize....

duckman

ricepig