Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Montaric Brown

Started by Richard Davenport, July 05, 2016, 09:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 10:29:50 am
Such as?

I don't know what he was talking about specifically, but I'm pretty sure CBB is not willing to lie (i.e. make false promises) to recruits like almost all others are.

Being an expert in recruiting, I'm sure you understand what an effective tool that would be.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 06, 2016, 10:56:02 am
I don't know what he was talking about specifically, but I'm pretty sure CBB is not willing to lie (i.e. make false promises) to recruits like almost all others are.

Being an expert in recruiting, I'm sure you understand what an effective tool that would be.

I understand that we have always had trouble getting talented players at safety, and when you've got one in Ashdown, you do whatever you have to do to get him on campus.  Also, I really don't understand how this kid wasn't fully evaluated before Bama and LSU came calling. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 09:49:59 am
You can't see the sarcasm in that, lol?

Dang, I can't play along in this game???? Ha

AirWarren

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 11:04:09 am
I understand that we have always had trouble getting talented players at safety, and when you've got one in Ashdown, you do whatever you have to do to get him on campus.  Also, I really don't understand how this kid wasn't fully evaluated before Bama and LSU came calling.

I know why.

People in south Arkansas were aware of this kid and his talent.

As a poster said earlier, "because there is nothing else to do in Ashdown." Which leads me to believe that if someone had that attitude, then they know nothing of where real football is played in the state. Ask anyone from Nashville, Arkadelphia. They knew of him. Not someone that calls real football on a Friday night in Rogers Arkansas.

Wildhog

Quote from: AP85 on July 06, 2016, 11:11:48 am
I know why.

People in south Arkansas were aware of this kid and his talent.

As a poster said earlier, "because there is nothing else to do in Ashdown." Which leads me to believe that if someone had that attitude, then they know nothing of where real football is played in the state. Ask anyone from Nashville, Arkadelphia. They knew of him. Not someone that calls real football on a Friday night in Rogers Arkansas.

Let's just hope we get him and it doesn't matter.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

That's right. Anyone that has seen his film, seen him play in person, and knows a lick about football can see he has the ability to be a game changer on defense.

buldozer

The way its going this year is a little different than in the recent past.... some of these hold outs could lose their spot at Arkansas the way the class is filling up.... in state, out of state, does not matter. A scholarship is a scholarship and at the rate they are being dealt out right now, some of these young men may feel more pressure than in past years to go ahead a secure theirs....

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 06, 2016, 08:18:17 am
I'd bet it was the other way around.  Bama got word he was going to commit and they pressured him to at least wait until after his visit there.

Richard Davenport

If Arkansas needs to get him back on campus.

JaketheSnake

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hook 'em Hogs

I have no insight, but I believe that Bielema believes in recruiting angles and whatnot.  Because of that, I also hold out hope that Bielema asked him if he would wait until the end of the month to coincide with something else going on.  It's not necessarily likely, but it's possible.  I'm hoping he has committed privately, and will make a little more of a splash at a later time.  Who really knows though?

razorback44

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 06, 2016, 12:20:16 pm

Should that "If" be included?
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 06, 2016, 12:34:39 pm
If the Hog coaches need to visit.

Dead and quiet period, currently.

KlubhouseKonnected

It would be a no brainer for me, but it's not me so therefore that is easy for me to say.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

AirWarren

tusksincolorado

wow....another teenager that hasn't made up his mind. Wonder how many old farts are boozin' over this one?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

AirWarren

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2016, 01:21:29 pm
wow....another teenager that hasn't made up his mind. Wonder how many old farts are boozin' over this one?

I know right. Careful. That's a message board comment that is grounds for expulsion.

ricepig

One has to have a reason for boozin?

staffhog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 06, 2016, 08:56:55 am
The only Arkansan who ever had success in Bama football was the covert racist Bear Bryant. The players as of recent times either transfer out or warm a bench.

I can tell you never heard of Don Hutson

Hogs33

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

the young man has said more than once that playing for the Hogs is his dream.  If he commits elsewhere, there will be blame to be passed whether people on here want to hear that or not.  That being said, I fully believe he'll be a Hog

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 06, 2016, 01:55:57 pm
the young man has said more than once that playing for the Hogs is his dream.  If he commits elsewhere, there will be blame to be passed whether people on here want to hear that or not.  That being said, I fully believe he'll be a Hog

Why would there be blame?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 02:02:20 pm
Why would there be blame?

Not just any blame either! Dreaded anonymous Hogville blame!!!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 06, 2016, 01:55:57 pm
If he chooses Bama over Arkansas, he likely thinks they can get him more exposure to the NFL or likes the allure of playing for a team that has recently won some NCs. Cannt blame the kid for that and there shouldnt be any blame on the UA coaching staff for not trying to get him.  Seems like our coaches have put forth a great effort on him so far.  Sometimes kids make choices beyond what diehard Razorback fans want.  Even kids that dream of playing for the Hogs.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on July 06, 2016, 02:10:33 pm
Not just any blame either! Dreaded anonymous Hogville blame!!!

Hogville blame+booze+losing a commit=the best reading ever.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: staffhog on July 06, 2016, 01:25:47 pm

I can tell you never heard of Don Hutson
Alabama hasn't had a decent player from Arkansas since 1934 lol.

PorkRinds

Doesn't feel like it's great for us.

Dropkick

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 06, 2016, 12:20:16 pm
I took this comment to mean we may not even need him back on campus because his Bama visit doesn't change his mind about being a Hog.

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on July 06, 2016, 03:04:22 pm
I took this comment to mean we may not even need him back on campus because his Bama visit doesn't change his mind about being a Hog.

Nope, he said last night on WholeHog that from the look of things, Arkansas needs to get him back on campus soon.

jackflash

I hope he becomes a Hog, but he was my son would want to go where he Happy. Being from Arkansas not sure one more visit help that much more

hawginbigd1

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: LRHawg on July 05, 2016, 10:00:51 am
First of all, thanks Richard.

Now, does it really piss anyone else off that Bama always seems to get that last visit right before a recruit's scheduled announcement date? I know we're thinking he's a Hog lean at the moment, but the truth is a big weekend in Tuscaloosa could be problematic. Here's hoping it doesn't sway him, MB is a stud and we need him a lot more than Bama does, to be honest.
Well then someone just needs to explain to Coach Saban that we need him more so that he can stop recruiting him. Problem solved.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Poppa Tart on July 06, 2016, 03:52:07 pm
Well then someone just needs to explain to Coach Saban that we need him more so that he can stop recruiting him. Problem solved.

I'll shoot him a text
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

wholehog92

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 06, 2016, 04:25:32 pm
I'll shoot him a text

Remind him he may need us to beat Ol Miss for him again.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Poppa Tart on July 06, 2016, 03:52:07 pm
And of course we all know what a warm, friendly and generous guy ole Nick is when it comes to recruiting. Problem solved....... ::)

rzrbackramsfan

Funny you bring up us needing him more.  Without a bad play by a safety last year against Alabama, who knows what could've happened.  Giving up that late touchdown was a game changer.

PonderinHog

Biggus Piggus

This whole Montaric Brown story has been strange from the beginning. Nobody knew much about the kid until his coach started sending out video, right? Why did Alabama offer so soon after watching his video? Can you really tell that much from highlights?

According to Ashdown's team stats, Brown averaged 10 tackles per game last season. Is that good scoring, or padded? How would anyone know? Doubt a college coach ever saw him play a football game in person. Having a sense of deja vu on this one.

One thing's certain - Alabama doesn't get fooled very often. Their evaluations are pretty good. Not every player pans out there, but that 's because the competition is so difficult. Bama piles up talent, and good players go to waste there.

If you go to Alabama, you better be the best, because that's what your competition will be.
[CENSORED]!

JIHawg

Don't we have any Ashdown peoples on here who can clue us in?

Hawgar The Horrible

This is not about talent. The #1 prospect in Arkansas is being whispered in the ear by Saban for ONE reason...to make the Hog faithful implode and fly banners once again.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 06, 2016, 05:59:35 pm
This is not about talent. The #1 prospect in Arkansas is being whispered in the ear by Saban for ONE reason...to make the Hog faithful implode and fly banners once again.

lul
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 06:02:11 pm
lul

Damn genius you are. "lul" I'll have to remember that one.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 06, 2016, 06:07:58 pm
Damn genius you are. "lul" I'll have to remember that one.

That's what people say.  I've never believed them, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 06:08:54 pm

Don't quit your day job, it may not be true.......Bama's already got a commit from the #11 safety, they don't need him.........

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 06:08:54 pm

Yeah... Otay, Spanky.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 06:13:50 pm
Don't quit your day job, it may not be true.......Bama's already got a commit from the #11 safety, they don't need him.........

I just quit.  Told them I'm a genius and that I'm moving on.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2016, 06:15:11 pm
I just quit.  Told them I'm a genius and that I'm moving on.

Real man?