Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Weems at tonights NBA Dunk Contest

Started by Hoggy Bear, February 14, 2009, 07:35:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

3kgthog

Weems could've done better than Smith did. That dude needs to spend less time at the tattoo parlor and more time practicing.

The Hogfather

Why were they dogging Weems so much about not being able to throw a pass from the 9th row of the stands?  They kept saying things like, "How many assists does Weems have this year?  Why is he throwing the pass to Smith?", etc.  Good to see him, though.

jonesark™

The Hogfather

akp4105

There was a shot of Sonny Weems before he was going to throw the pass and Reggie Miller says, "Who's this guy?"

jschulte

Sonny didn't do anything wrong.  Smith just couldn't do anything special with it.  Those commentators don't believe you have talent unless your a superstar I suppose.

yraciv

darn!  When I saw Sonny out there, I thought what the hell.  Honestly that guy should be doing the dunking, instead of the dishing.  It's pretty sad when the announcers are saying JR should have brought Billups, when the Arkansas fans know whos the the true highlight real highlight real out there. He definately could have put on more of a show then Smith.

Hogbody

Quote from: akp4105 on February 15, 2009, 12:53:20 am
There was a shot of Sonny Weems before he was going to throw the pass and Reggie Miller says, "Who's this guy?"

I dont understand how you can be a basketball guru for your job and not know who he is.  It's not like he didnt get drafted or win the NCAA Dunk Contest on ESPN last year, along with tearing Indiana a new one in the first round of the Dance.

Tick Hog

Quote from: akp4105 on February 15, 2009, 12:53:20 am
Yea that pissed me off 2 them taking shots at him.

TNhawgfan

I was glad to see Weems helping out, and Miller is a tool. He kept saying that Nate Robinson should have dunked over Spike Lee. "Get Spike out of the stands, use Spike." Dude that game you had in the Garden where you trash talked Spike was years ago. Nobobdy cares about you or Spike Lee anymore.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Beaverfever

I guess they want bigger names than Sonny Weems competing but hopefully he does as soon as they'll let him.  He can hang with about anyone in the NBA when it comes to throwing it down.

Seconds

February 15, 2009, 08:45:09 am #12 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:46:45 am by Seconds
Reggie Miller was the one dissing Sonny Weems badly.

Hey Reggie; how many NBA championship rings do you have again?

Go shoot some three-pointers and practice your "choke" act for Spike Lee. No one cares what you have to say. At least your sister, unlike you, actually won something. Duct tape, Reggie. Use it.
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

akp4105

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 15, 2009, 08:41:10 am
I guess they want bigger names than Sonny Weems competing but hopefully he does as soon as they'll let him.  He can hang with about anyone in the NBA when it comes to throwing it down.

Lebron and Dwight are on another level... they could dunk a 13 ft goal if you wanted them too.. They set this thing up for next year.. Howard shouldve done the free throw line dunk first... then done the 12 ft one at the end.. he wouldve won..

SPAL

Reggie was right....its easy to make a pass from 9 rows into the stand, get it where it needs to be, make it bounce at exactly the right time so that JR can handle it and slam it. All the real superstars do that kind of stuff easily. If weems had a few more assists this season, he might have been able to handle that easy pass.

ChicoHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 15, 2009, 08:10:09 am
I was glad to see Weems helping out, and Miller is a tool. He kept saying that Nate Robinson should have dunked over Spike Lee. "Get Spike out of the stands, use Spike." Dude that game you had in the Garden where you trash talked Spike was years ago. Nobobdy cares about you or Spike Lee anymore.
I don't think you guys get it.  Kenny Smith and reggie miller were trying to "one up the other" with their one liners.  they were trying to be funny.  this show is watched by millions who have no idea who Sonny Weems is.  They also gave a hard time to Pau gasol with his behind the back passes to Fernandez.  I think it was Miller who said "between gasol and weems they probably don't have 100 assists-get someone who can pass the ball".  I thought it was funny.  It could have been anyone out there passing the ball and they would have have made fun of them.  they were also joking about fernandez' jersey with the martin name on back (supposedly first spanish player in NBA) and Smith said something like "no one knows who that is, who cares".  Again, I thought it was funny. 
what was horrible was the scores Fernndez got after completing the behind the board dunk.  that was very hard to do.