Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That's only 3 Points Worse than Auburn Beat Us

Started by WilsonHog, February 14, 2009, 02:10:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

We never were going to win this one. I was hoping the deficit would only be 12 to 15, but 16 isn't too bad. They only beat us by 5 in the second half.

N HOG

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 14, 2009, 02:10:29 pm
We never were going to win this one. I was hoping the deficit would only be 12 to 15, but 16 isn't too bad. They only beat us by 5 in the second half.

Borderline moral victory.

WBOBO

Wilson, I am not the type person to rant or rave, but I do NOT like this basketball team or
their coach.  I am sick of what has been assembled as a team, and if change is not made quickly
they will be shoveling dirt on me before the Razorback basketball TEAM can ever compete, much
less win.  We have a Sun Belt mentality with a Sun Belt coach and until we get better defensively
we shall go nowhere.  It's easy to suspend players, and use that as an excuse, but we would not
have won this game with Michael Jordan playing.  We have an offense with no ball movement, and
no feet movement.  We don't play defense.  You can claim youth as our problem,  but I can claim
Butler as a trump to the youth theory.  They would  have beaten Kentucky like a stepchild.  They
have 3 freshman in their starting lineup. 

I am SICK and tired of THIS!
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

TDHog

Quote from: WBOBO on February 14, 2009, 02:23:59 pm
Wilson, I am not the type person to rant or rave, but I do NOT like this basketball team or
their coach.  I am sick of what has been assembled as a team, and if change is not made quickly
they will be shoveling dirt on me before the Razorback basketball TEAM can ever compete, much
less win.  We have a Sun Belt mentality with a Sun Belt coach and until we get better defensively
we shall go nowhere.  It's easy to suspend players, and use that as an excuse, but we would not
have won this game with Michael Jordan playing.  We have an offense with no ball movement, and
no feet movement.  We don't play defense.  You can claim youth as our problem,  but I can claim
Butler as a trump to the youth theory.  They would  have beaten Kentucky like a stepchild.  They

I disagree with almost everything you said.

3kgthog

Pelphrey needs to do more coaching and less Bobby Knight style badgering. There is a difference.

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: TDHog on February 14, 2009, 02:25:20 pm
I disagree with almost everything you said.
Then you aren't paying attention on game day.

WBOBO

I just want more athleticism on the team.  This is not the day and time of the three man
weave.   That's where we are at this point.  Maybe Pel needs to start checking their 40 times
before he offers a schollie because we sure are SLOW.  I mean real slow.  We don't have athletes
and we don't have shooters and we don't have DEFENSE.  Not a good recipe for success.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: WBOBO on February 14, 2009, 02:34:32 pm
I just want more athleticism on the team.  This is not the day and time of the three man
weave.   That's where we are at this point.  Maybe Pel needs to start checking their 40 times
before he offers a schollie because we sure are SLOW.  I mean real slow.  We don't have athletes
and we don't have shooters and we don't have DEFENSE.  Not a good recipe for success.
But we have a guy who scored 40 a game in high school!!!!!!!!

I agree, this program is a real laugher. You guys can smite all you want, but you know I'm right. I got about 20 smites for saying we'd lose 81-57....guess you all were right after all. They only scored 79 and we did crack 60.....GREAT JOB PEL!

Hogs4Ever

The program has regressed back to the time when Nolan left.  I would be willing to give Pel one more season but it doesn't look promising that he can get the job done at this point.

highroller

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on February 14, 2009, 02:41:38 pm
The program has regressed back to the time when Nolan left.  I would be willing to give Pel one more season but it doesn't look promising that he can get the job done at this point.

Its way beyond that. We're below rock bottom when losing by 16 at home and being down 20 most of the game is a positive.

3KGthog, I like the way you put that.

WilsonHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 14, 2009, 02:28:01 pm
Pelphrey needs to do more coaching and less Bobby Knight style badgering. There is a difference.

Did you see his conversation with Moore?

Pel had a look on his face like someone just farted at his dinner table. He was talking to Moore long after Brandon walked off.

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 14, 2009, 02:55:39 pm

Pel had a look on his face like someone just farted at his dinner table. He was talking to Moore long after Brandon walked off.
I see a desperate man who has no idea how to fix these problems. and a guy thats all but given up on these players, this team and the season.

jkstock04

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 14, 2009, 02:55:39 pm

The look on Moore's face when he was walking off gave me an inside peek at some of this "behind closed doors" stuff coach Pelphery is having to deal with.  Wasn't the "yes sir, i'll do better next time" face you would expect.  If Pelphery doesn't have these guy's respect he needs to kick every last one of them off the team.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

highroller

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2009, 03:02:21 pm
The look on Moore's face when he was walking off gave me an inside peek at some of this "behind closed doors" stuff coach Pelphery is having to deal with.  Wasn't the "yes sir, i'll do better next time" face you would expect.  If Pelphery doesn't have these guy's respect he needs to kick every last one of them off the team.

Wait its the players faults the coach doesn't garner their respect?

I think Pel needs to worry more about being consistent in his discipline because no one respects a hypocrite.

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 14, 2009, 03:01:36 pm
I see a desperate man who has no idea how to fix these problems. and a guy thats all but given up on these players, this team and the season.

Yeah he's a desperate man.  You would be too if you were losing.  He is working with a lot of youth that won't do the fundamental things you work on in practice in games.  That would piss me off too.  But to say he has given up on anything is a reach.

razorback93

Quote from: WBOBO on February 14, 2009, 02:23:59 pm

Then you need to say this when they are beating OK.  I am not going to search your post history, maybe you did.   Everybody's great at piling on when hard times hit.  All of a sudden, Pel can't coach after 10 conference games.   We are all frustrated.  I get pi$$ed when I watch them make the same mistake over, and over again.  I am not saying that Pel the greatest coach of all time, I just think some of us are so impatient.  I believe that he can get turned around, if he can get some better, more athletic players to fill out the roster.  The are talented, but not talented enough to overcome their youth. unlike the MayDay team of 88-89, or the Corliss team of 92-93.  Those teams also had key upperclassmen who could play.

BigoBoys

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 14, 2009, 02:28:01 pm
Yes!  Pel doesn't even have a chair to sit on the bench.  The great coaches stay seated and let their Asst's coach the team.  The Head Coach sets the strategy, the Asst's coach the players. 

eathill5

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 14, 2009, 02:10:29 pm

We only outscored Meeks by 18.   Yeah not too bad
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots