Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Fortson at the game?

Started by smedley, February 14, 2009, 12:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smedley

Were watching the game on T.V. and no one has seen Fortson yet.  Obviously suspended, but is he there?  Anyone know?

1836andon

havent seen him.  Whats the deal?

N HOG

MakeMeOink

Guessing that Fortson is gone for good.  We only thought that it couldn't get worse after Stan!
:puke:

chiefsfan

Fortson is barred from the bench if this is a typical pelphrey suspension
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

oldbear

We surely would have heard something if he were gone for good.

N HOG

Imagine our program now.

Then imagine it next year without Fortson and Washington.

hogzilla3

That might be a possibility too!

N HOG

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 14, 2009, 01:06:59 pm
Fortson is barred from the bench if this is a typical pelphrey suspension

If that's the case, then that is STUPID.

You suspend one of your players and don't let him sit on the bench??!!!

N HOG

Quote from: astoriahog on February 14, 2009, 01:12:23 pm
Maybe you all should call the hill and see if they need your coaching services. Way to have it all figured out!

Most of us, if coaching, would be 0-9 in the league, as opposed to 1-8.

chiefsfan

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 01:09:20 pm
If that's the case, then that is STUPID.

You suspend one of your players and don't let him sit on the bench??!!!

Its how he's done it for years.   and most of this year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

N HOG

Ok. That's how he does it. It's stupid.

1836andon

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 14, 2009, 01:21:43 pm
Its how he's done it for years.   and most of this year

thats not right.  moore was at every game, on the bench, during his suspension. 

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 01:26:54 pm
Ok. That's how he does it. It's stupid.

Why is it stupid?  It will only make him appreciate what he had that much more.  As Fortson's own mom said, Courtney is a warrior and will come back more determined ever.  Hence the suspension in the first place

JackTNHogfan

So what the hell is up with Fortson?

Coondog Hog

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 01:08:15 pm
Imagine our program now.

Then imagine it next year without Fortson and Washington.

You can go ahead and imagine it without Pel too cause he wont survive that.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

LLPL

Quote from: smedley on February 14, 2009, 12:23:23 pm
Were watching the game on T.V. and no one has seen Fortson yet.  Obviously suspended, but is he there?  Anyone know?

Pel was talking him up pretty good during the pregame show. Says Fortson will be a great Hog and he and the team will be better for this action. He is still high on Fortson. He isn't going anywhere.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Coondog Hog on February 14, 2009, 01:32:32 pm

Betcha a case of Bud and 10 wings from Foghorn's that Pel will be here next year.   ;D
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hogzilla3

I don't know, but I have a feeling Fort might not be here next season one way or another. IMO

jkstock04

He's not even allowed to practice, so why would they let him sit on the bench for the game?  To me if he's not at practice...not at the game, he isn't "suspended" indefinitley, he is actually kicked off the team indefinitley. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

N HOG

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2009, 02:32:42 pm
He's not even allowed to practice, so why would they let him sit on the bench for the game?  To me if he's not at practice...not at the game, he isn't "suspended" indefinitley, he is actually kicked off the team indefinitley. 

Could we start a section on the board in which we can see at a glance who is and who isn't on the team at any given time? That would be helpful.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: wayne1958 on February 14, 2009, 02:28:57 pm
Betcha a case of Bud and 10 wings from Foghorn's that Pel will be here next year.   ;D

I did not say that Pel will coach us next year.  If Fort and Washington are gone next year he will not survive next season it will be his last.  He has to find a way to keep the current good players here and he has to get some better players in for next season or he will feel Nutt like heat from the fans.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

yraciv

Pel's suspensions make people think about what they are doing.  They have two options leave school all together, Montrell McDonald, or get your attitude right by turning you into just a regular student.  Fortson's probably sitting back in his dorm room right now thinking about how much he misses basketball, and what he can do to get back on the court.  I don't see a problem with these suspensions at all.

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: Coondog Hog on February 14, 2009, 01:32:32 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET YOU BE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

yraciv

Quote from: Coondog Hog on February 14, 2009, 02:38:20 pm
I did not say that Pel will coach us next year.  If Fort and Washington are gone next year he will not survive next season it will be his last.  He has to find a way to keep the current good players here and he has to get some better players in for next season or he will feel Nutt like heat from the fans.

Tell me what you guys see in Washington that makes you think he'll leave.  He started strong, but he is still not polished enough on defense.  He'll be an NBA draft pick one day, but is a 2nd round pick at best right now.

N HOG

Quote from: yraciv on February 14, 2009, 02:40:21 pm
Tell me what you guys see in Washington that makes you think he'll leave.  He started strong, but he is still not polished enough on defense.  He'll be an NBA draft pick one day, but is a 2nd round pick at best right now.

The opportunity to make some money SOMEWHERE, rather than spending another year in this program.

claycohog

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 02:34:28 pm
Could we start a section on the board in which we can see at a glance who is and who isn't on the team at any given time? That would be helpful.

Should not be hard since there are only 8 players left.

claycohog

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 02:41:46 pm
The opportunity to make some money SOMEWHERE, rather than spending another year in this program.

EXACTLY!

yraciv

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 02:41:46 pm

Guys don't usually jump for the D League.  No way he could get any NBA minutes next year.  On the other hand, bad teams do cause the unexpected.  I wouldn't bet on Washington leaving though, if he knows what is smart for his career.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: yraciv on February 14, 2009, 02:40:21 pm

If he leaves he is stupid, but he is young and bad decisions happen all the time with young people.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

hogzilla3

He'd look pretty good on this years Oklahoma City Thunder

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: LLPL on February 14, 2009, 02:23:43 pm
Pel was talking him up pretty good during the pregame show. Says Fortson will be a great Hog and he and the team will be better for this action. He is still high on Fortson. He isn't going anywhere.

REALLY? Well then, I'm logging off Hogville on a positive note...
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hawg in memphis

he was at the game, had his head shaved. Incognito-----

jonesark™

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 14, 2009, 02:50:13 pm
REALLY? Well then, I'm logging off Hogville on a positive note...

that seems harder and harder to do how days!!

jkstock04

Quote from: yraciv on February 14, 2009, 02:44:55 pm
Guys don't usually jump for the D League.  No way he could get any NBA minutes next year.  On the other hand, bad teams do cause the unexpected.  I wouldn't bet on Washington leaving though, if he knows what is smart for his career.
When was the last time we had a junior with above average talent....football or basketball, who stayed for their senior year and didn't opt for the pros?  I can't remember 1 single guy doing it who wears a Hog jersey.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

dhornjr1

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2009, 02:54:48 pm

When was the last time we had a junior with above average talent....football or basketball, who stayed for their senior year and didn't opt for the pros?  I can't remember 1 single guy doing it who wears a Hog jersey.

Centers do not get drafted in the first round of the NFL draft, but Jonathan Luigs could have gone second or third round last year.

That's where he will be picked this year.     

hillhog

Quote from: claycohog on February 14, 2009, 02:44:53 pm
EXACTLY!
IMO it would take a very imaginative pro team coach high on meth to draft Washington from the way he is playing in the conference games. He is not impressing me at all.

WhenPigsFly

Heard from someone close to the team today that Fortson will probably be back next week.

al2305

Washington is not NBA material, at least not right now, and there will be plenty of people telling him that if he tests the waters

Soooie21

From the outside looking in,,,Fortson doesn't appear to be buying into the team concept....1 on 5 doesn't work out too well..

snoblind

Quote from: 1836andon on February 14, 2009, 01:30:19 pm
thats not right.  moore was at every game, on the bench, during his suspension. 

You are correct.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Soooie21 on February 14, 2009, 07:15:23 pm
From the outside looking in,,,Fortson doesn't appear to be buying into the team concept....1 on 5 doesn't work out too well..

No but I can understand his frustration he you and I all understand he is what makes us go when we do go this year.  I I support Pel on this suspension without question, but truly do understand the frustration that a tallent can have when surrounded by lesser tallent.  It's like drawing the crappy guy in a golf scram,ble or being surrounded by dumb guys at the office.  Fortson and Welsh know they have to produce to win we have seen that all year, they get damn frustrated when someone gets in their way.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan