Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NIT bubble?

Started by Destin2bAhog, February 14, 2009, 10:33:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Destin2bAhog

Does anybody think we have a shot at the NIT?  How many wins would it take to get us in?

http://www.nitology.com/

touchdownark

we would probaly win 6 out of the next 7 games and a game or two in the sec tourny

RazorbakEuphoricDysphoria

We will need to win 4 more to make NIT!!

N HOG

Where will our upcoming forfeits fit in on this analysis?

HeathWimp

The NIT will never take a team with 15 conference losses.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

WilsonHog

Quote from: N HOG on February 14, 2009, 11:24:22 am
Where will our upcoming forfeits fit in on this analysis?

No forfeits are expected.

jry04

Quote from: touchdownark on February 14, 2009, 10:42:29 am
we would probaly win 6 out of the next 7 games and a game or two in the sec tourny
If you honestly think this than you have no idea about college basketball. If we won 6 of our next 7 and a game or two in the SEC tourney we would be on the bubble for the NCAA tourney, not the NIT.