Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORTSON SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY from www.hogsnow.com

Started by gary961, February 12, 2009, 02:24:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogbody

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 12, 2009, 02:44:26 pm
there was something wrong with him last night.  He literally looked like he was trying to hurt Auburn out there.  6 fouls, a technical and an intentional foul.   considering he hadnt fouled out of a game all year and often never came close, something is horribly wrong

wasnt he playing in front of family since it was a game in alabama?  maybe he was just playing stupid because of that

311Hog

Quote from: yodcw2003 on February 12, 2009, 02:50:55 pm
I think it's getting obvious that Pelphry doesn't get along with any of his players except Clarke and Sanchez.

I dont think it is a matter of getting along, i dont think some may accept him as the authority figure, considering he plays or has played along side them, and he is still young enough to be a peer almost.

I dunno he has an abrasive coaching style, and some people cant take that.

donewithdale

I think it's getting obvious that Pelphry doesn't get along with any of his players except Clarke and Sanchez.

This post could go in so many directions I am afraid to ask for elaboration.

Hogbody

311Hog

Quote from: Hogbody on February 12, 2009, 02:51:25 pm
wasnt he playing in front of family since it was a game in alabama?  maybe he was just playing stupid because of that

i think this is a very good point as well.

TrojanHog

Well now we'll probably finish the season 1-7 in our remaining SEC games... Wait, while this isn't good, it isn't like we go from Tournament bound to cellar dweller, we are already at the bottom.  If attitudes need to change, then Coach needs to do it.

want2be

I wander if Pel will slow the game down against Kentucky now?

Oliver

It sure is going to be impressive to possible recruits watching on national TV Saturday to hear about how well our program is going.

The_Iceman

this is getting ridiculous.

Pelphrey is losing this team, and if he isnt careful, he could lose the program.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: want2be on February 12, 2009, 02:57:37 pmI wander if Pel will slow the game down against Kentucky now?

And do what?  Pound it inside to our abundance of big men?  Let's face it, we have about a 1 in 1000 chance at winning the game Saturday.

Conway Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 12, 2009, 02:35:04 pm
What is scary s they do not seem to be learning anything from the suspensions.  Isnt this the 4th player suspended this year, not including the one who was dismissed/left the team?  Moore, Clark, Fortson and Henry have all been suspended for various reasons. 

Then there was the kid (Montrell ?) who was suspended repeatedly and then left the team.  Hear that it is really hard to please the coach...oh, by the way, all of these are pels recruits
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

want2be

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 12, 2009, 03:02:26 pm
And do what?  Pound it inside to our abundance of big men?  Let's face it, we have about a 1 in 1000 chance at winning the game Saturday.

He is going to have to tell the offense to run off as much clock as possible.That doesn't mean pounding it in the middle. Just mean we can't afford to get in the run and gun mode without Fortson. I would like to see Rotnei get a shot at the point. He plays better when he is more involved in the offense and he is good ball handler.

Conway Hog

Quote from: want2be on February 12, 2009, 02:57:37 pm

I wander if Peel will slow the game down against Kentucky now?

Maybe we will resort to playing 6 men, run a 2 /3 zone and half court offense...to avoid getting tired and controlling the game...ha!  He has lost the team!!
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

Hogbody

Quote from: want2be on February 12, 2009, 03:06:27 pm

He is going to have to tell the offense to run off as much clock as possible.That doesn't mean pounding it in the middle. Just mean we can't afford to get in the run and gun mode without Fortson. I would like to see Rotnei get a shot at the point. He plays better when he is more involved in the offense and he is good ball handler.

and he's the slowest person on the team.....

Oliver

cosmodrum

Those KY tix my wife got me for Valentine's Day are looking more like a punishment now. Oh well, parking should be a breeze!
Go away, batin'

Hogbody

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 12, 2009, 03:10:24 pm
Have you seen Sanchez "run"?

Sanchez doesnt count! haha

as far as ball handlers Clarke is probably the slowest.  He looks slower than Cox even.

Certainly slower than Fort, Welsh, Britt, Henry.

Looks like we'll have to run the Motion Offense!  :puke:

311Hog

listening to pel's press conference and it is painful.  he wont say anything definitive.

just seems like he is babbling on a bit.

It seems he basically has a problem with Courtney's attitude and actions but wont mention anything specific.

RZRBack_FAN

wouldn't go to the Kentucky game if somebody gave me free tickets, free dinner, and free gas!

revolution

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse . . .

Darren DeLoach

i do not know what to say.

i support the coach all the way....but this team.....just......i don't know.

sad season....

pray that coach can pull us out of the ashes somehow.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

donewithdale

Quote from: ChargerHog on February 12, 2009, 03:18:05 pm
wouldn't go to the Kentucky game if somebody gave me free tickets, free dinner, and free gas!

Our team and program is at a point where it needs the fans to stand behind them and support them.  This is an opportunity.

Beaverfever

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on February 12, 2009, 03:20:01 pm
Our team and program is at a point where it needs the fans to stand behind them and support them.  This is an opportunity.

The fans have been doing this the last 10 years...and doing it well.  It's time for the program to step up and reward the fans for their support. 

That being said, I hope there is a HUGE crowd Saturday for the players that are still on the team!

Pig Latin

hmmmm... if the team wins, what would you think?
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

cosmodrum

That's what I'm clinging to! That and if anything, it's a reason to go to Fayetteville and hit Dickson after the game, maybe Foghorns.
Go away, batin'

donewithdale

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 12, 2009, 03:22:12 pm
The fans have been doing this the last 10 years...and doing it well.  It's time for the program to step up and reward the fans for their support. 

That being said, I hope there is a HUGE crowd Saturday for the players that are still on the team!

Our fans have acted like spoiled [CENSORED] for a number of years.  Yes, the players playing Saturday deserve support.

RZRBack_FAN

I understand what your saying but I've been supporting them the last 15 years. Every year we get the same old crap, Wait Till Next Year!!!

Oliver

Oliver

Quote from: donewithdale on February 12, 2009, 03:23:47 pm
Our fans have acted like spoiled [CENSORED] for a number of years.  Yes, the players playing Saturday deserve support.

No, they haven't.  They've acted like passionate, devoted fans that are tired of empty promises.  And I hope they continue to act just as they have while still packing BWA game after game.

BayofPigs

i hope he understands that these players are still teenagers with moods and hormones flying around. Yes, do suspend them for big issues like missing class, or being late, etc; and I hope he's not suspending them for minor-paranoid things like looking at the coach funny or whatever.

The players's hope are hanging by a thread, losing all these games I'm sure their psyche is shot ,  I'm all about discipline, but when you're getting demoralized every game; the whole 'drill sargent' approach stops working, and the players won't be listening as much as you would want them to.

Mick Hogger

I hope being around the championship team in a couple of weeks will inspire these guys in the offseason. Maybe a few talks about having heart from Clint McDaniel and Corey Beck can get them to lift themselves up and become true Razorbacks.

They should gather them all in a room and have both teams watch the Championship game together.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Trojan

its not always easy building a team from scratch.  Did you really think Fortson would not have issues?  All you had to do wa watch and you could see he was a handfull and would have to be tamed.  There is a reason a talent like him ened up at an upstart program

RZRBack_FAN

I guess spoiled [CENSORED] show up game after game season after season to show devotion. That may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read.

McKdaddy

That's a pretty broad and inaccurate generalization of us.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

UAfan

Quote from: ChargerHog on February 12, 2009, 03:34:37 pm
I guess spoiled [CENSORED] show up game after game season after season to show devotion. That may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read.
I don't think that fans have acted like spoiled [CENSORED].  I'd say the way some are acting right now are spoiled [CENSORED].  Like Oliver and donewithdale have been saying now is not the time to stop supporting this program.  Now, more than ever, is time to show up and support those who throw on a Razorback uniform.  Its also a time to support Fortson, he's 18 for goodness sakes, and he's got the weight of the whole team on his shoulders.  Thats a helluva lot of pressure for someone that your.  So if you have tickets go to the game and enjoy it.  I believe this program is headed in the right direction, and I think Pel is showing that he has loads of amount of integrity, especially doing this before this game.  I'd to see some support for him thrown his way.  It doesn't help at all if we just bitch and moan about where we're at.

hawg in memphis

Quote from: ChargerHog on February 12, 2009, 03:18:05 pm
Then quit posting on message board, find another team and get lost-------your a bigger loser than our bb team.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 12, 2009, 03:26:19 pm
No, they haven't.  They've acted like passionate, devoted fans that are tired of empty promises.  And I hope they continue to act just as they have while still packing BWA game after game.

the problem is until this year, we havent been packing BWA.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WhenPigsFly

UAfan, did you really say the program is headed in the right direction?

UAfan

Quote from: hawg in memphis on February 12, 2009, 03:51:12 pm
Then quit posting on message board, find another team and get lost-------your a bigger loser than our bb team.
Amen.

Oliver

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 12, 2009, 03:51:37 pm
the problem is until this year, we havent been packing BWA.

That's not true.  I mean, even THIS YEAR attendance at some non-conference cupcake games hasn't been spectacular, but in the last 10 years anytime we play an SEC game or a top 25 team BWA has been packed.

UAfan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 12, 2009, 03:53:19 pm
That's not true.  I mean, even THIS YEAR attendance at some non-conference cupcake games hasn't been spectacular, but in the last 10 years anytime we play an SEC game or a top 25 team BWA has been packed.
Not the ones I've been too.  It depends on how you defined packed.  Packed is 18-20k for me.

Oliver

Quote from: UAfan on February 12, 2009, 03:54:54 pm
Not the ones I've been too.  It depends on how you defined packed.  Packed is 18-20k for me.

The ones I've been too have been.  The ones I haven't been to I've just had to rely on the official attendance numbers which aren't always the most accurate.  Either way the support for Razorback basketball has been equally strong during the last 10 years.  OUR FANS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 12, 2009, 03:53:19 pm

While I dont think our fans are the problem, I think the attitude of a select few of them are.   There is a reason that we got such a poor reputation from the national media after the HDN debacle.

Like it or not, people see that as a bunch of crazy ans running him off.   and so what are people to think now when they log on and see more crazy fans trying to run Pel off?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

UAfan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 12, 2009, 03:56:24 pm
The ones I've been too have been.  The ones I haven't been to I've just had to rely on the official attendance numbers which aren't always the most accurate.  Either way the support for Razorback basketball has been equally strong during the last 10 years.  OUR FANS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.
I agree we have great fans.  But I think they have become fair-weathered for the past ten years.

We haven't set a record in 7 years at BWA, and there's been plenty of big games to do so since then
http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=244

Beaverfever

February 12, 2009, 04:01:09 pm #96 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:03:13 pm by Beaverfever
I just don't know what some of you think we would be talking about if it weren't this.  There is nothing else to say.  We suck and our program is in questionable shape.  People come on here to vent and bitch about the team they love when they suck (and we SUCK).  Hopefully Pel turns it around and we all can talk about how great things are.  But until then this is just what it's going to be like.

UAfan

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 12, 2009, 04:01:09 pm
I just don't know what some of you think we would be talking about if it weren't this.  There is nothing else to say.  We suck and our program is in questionable shape.  People come on here to vent and bitch about the team they love when they suck (and we SUCK). 
There is a difference between venting and being a bad fan, and I think some are dancing on that fine line.  Saying you quit on this team, or you wouldn't make a game if you were given free tix etc.  That is being a bad fan.

Oliver

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 12, 2009, 03:58:33 pm
While I dont think our fans are the problem, I think the attitude of a select few of them are.   There is a reason that we got such a poor reputation from the national media after the HDN debacle.

Like it or not, people see that as a bunch of crazy ans running him off.   and so what are people to think now when they log on and see more crazy fans trying to run Pel off?

There a few fans that go overboard, one way or another.  Every program has these fans!

The reputation we got from the HDN debacle was totally bunk.  It was from a bunch of spineless, lazy, uninformed media not doing their homework and reporting a bunch of drivel from the PTB. 

I think most fans, even ones that don't see a bright future with Pel (like myself), realize that calling for Pel's head right now is ridiculous.  What isn't ridiculous is being able to spot and discuss some of his shortcomings.  And if he doesn't fix those shortcomings in the next couple of years then it will be time for a change.

P.S.  After us terrible Hog fans ran off poor wittle ole Hootie Nutt, we got Bobby Petrino.  So we weren't scaring everyone off.

Beaverfever

Quote from: UAfan on February 12, 2009, 04:00:50 pm
I agree we have great fans.  But I think they have become fair-weathered for the past ten years.

We haven't set a record in 7 years at BWA, and there's been plenty of big games to do so since then
http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=244
"plenty of big games"?  Are you kidding?