Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What level of emotion are you with the program?

Started by FaulknerHogfan, February 12, 2009, 01:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you

mourning the death of our BB program
29 (21.8%)
Excited about the future of the young players
42 (31.6%)
waiting on Football
44 (33.1%)
wishing we had Nolan back
15 (11.3%)
Happy with this years results so far
3 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 131

FaulknerHogfan

We have seen a lot of promise and dissapointes this year..personally I am lost week to week and have been struggling with my feelings towards this years program!  Were do you fit?

3kgthog

want2be

Rebuilding is sometimes tough to wathch as a fan.........We are dealing with it in football and basetball..........but at least we are headed in the right direction....It is going to take excellent recruiting to build these programs to be SEC contenders. Petrino addressed his needs this year and Pel needs to prove he can do the same.

HawgAdvocate

Excited about the future.

It's taken a few years  for quite a few great coaches to install their own players and create a winning program.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hogtheball

Excited about the future.  We're building a Ferrari:  We've got the frame and the engine, but we're running snow treads on asphalt right now - and we keep running out of gas.  We're just a set of tires and a full tank of gas short...
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

FaulknerHogfan

HuntinHog

Is numb an emotion?  I'll be fishing on Saturday.

FaulknerHogfan

Hopefully next year we wont be having this disscussion....

hawgsav1

nervous, but I'll always be a diehard.  Every coach will enjoy my support until they make it crystal clear that they are incapable of doing well at Arkansas. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

N HOG

Quote from: hawgsav1 on February 12, 2009, 10:18:43 pm
nervous, but I'll always be a diehard.  Every coach will enjoy my support until they make it crystal clear that they are incapable of doing well at Arkansas. 

Well.....?

jonesark™

Brand X Hog Fan

I'm just standing over on the corner of the bandwagon waiting patiently.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

hawgsav1

Quote from: N HOG on February 12, 2009, 11:26:26 pm
Well.....?

Well what?  I'm supposed to make a judgment on Pelphrey only 1/2 a season into his first season with a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears freshmen?
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HognotinMemphis

Frank it. We've sucked for 13 seasons, probably suck for another 2 or 3. After 15 yrs of mediocrity and worse, how can anyone realistically expect anything like we had from '75 to '95? It ain't going to happen.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

FaulknerHogfan

Now that CF has been suspended before the KY game...I am looking foward to the FB season....

Torqued pork

I'm still supportive of the program but I won't get my hopes up for much better until Pel shows he can recruit some true difference makers. I know being young hurts but we lost to an Ole Miss team that was even younger than us. I need to see improvement soon.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

PeabodyHawg

::)We've returned to the days of Lanny VanEmen.....without a Martin Terry.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hawgsav1 on February 13, 2009, 05:31:39 am
Well what?  I'm supposed to make a judgment on Pelphrey only 1/2 a season into his first season with a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears freshmen?

Exactly.  No one knows how this will all play out down the line.  There is talent on the team this year, but it is young.  Will all these freshmen turn out to be great players - probably not.  Will some of them turn out to be great players - probably so.  This is Pel's 1st recruiting class and some long-standing needs were met.  The next class appears to fill some additional needs.  We didn't sink to this level in only 1 year and we aren't going to soar back to significance in 1 year either.

Hog-Corleone

I would have voted for waiting on Baseball, Football, then next years basketball season.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

hei5manhog

I'm still attending the game on Saturday. It's kentucky...come on
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 13, 2009, 07:27:36 am
Frank it. We've sucked for 13 seasons, probably suck for another 2 or 3. After 15 yrs of mediocrity and worse, how can anyone realistically expect anything like we had from '75 to '95? It ain't going to happen.

I'm hanging on to a limb hoping that we can get back to that caliber, but I doubt it will ever happen.  Things need to change and they need to change fast!

HawgWild

I'm getting tired of all the rebuilding and my enthusiasm is waning. Not bashing the coach or the team here. Just thinking about me setting lower expectations and focusing on some other things so I won't get as disappointed. (Same thing I'm trying to do with my retirement account.) :'(

FaulknerHogfan

The Hog

If things do not get straightened out on the Hill, we will always have a young team.  What are these kids thinking?
Automatic RUN!

Conway Hog

The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

FaulknerHogfan

jonesark™

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on February 13, 2009, 12:41:23 pm
I'm hanging on to a limb hoping that we can get back to that caliber, but I doubt it will ever happen.  Things need to change and they need to change fast!

I really hope you're wrong!!

hoggystyle78

Apathetic, watching our BB program implode to sustained mediocrity.

UAalumUALRlaw

I have mixed emotions, I'm apathetic about the rest of this season, but I am excited about the future, particularly 3 more years of Fortson. I wish that there was a McDonald's all american in next year's class, but I understand the reality that we've been a has been for the last 10 years, so Pel may have to win with 3 stars and 4 stars before he can covince McD All Americans to come to Fay. Keep in mind that high school seniors (recruits) were 3 or 4 years old when we won the NC. I really like Pel's willingness to discipline players too. Oh yeah, also the option about looking forward to football would be accurate!