Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigfoot

Started by Hawgon, January 20, 2012, 09:35:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 03:22:00 pm
*looks at thread title*

Dude it's a bigfoot thread. The notion that an animal, 8 feet tall living undetected in the woods is absurd. Their shelter alone would be easily spotted and investigated. It's absurd, 100%.

Fine, then STFU since you have rendered your opinion.

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on January 26, 2012, 03:33:16 pm
Fine, then STFU since you have rendered your opinion.

It's not an opinion, it's a discussion. You aren't even trying to defend your stance, now you are just swearing.

Where do bigfoots sleep at night? Wouldn't this shelter have to be of considerable size? If the bigfoots are so sneaky, why haven't we found their shelters?

HuntinHog

Poor Hunting and Fishing forum, it had avoided the message board pissing matches for so long...

Hawgon

January 26, 2012, 03:47:36 pm #103 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:49:10 pm by Hawgon
Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 03:38:20 pm
It's not an opinion, it's a discussion. You aren't even trying to defend your stance, now you are just swearing.

Where do bigfoots sleep at night? Wouldn't this shelter have to be of considerable size? If the bigfoots are so sneaky, why haven't we found their shelters?

I don't have a stance.  I asked if anyone had ever had any experiences or known someone who had and I asked specifically, to avoid the kind of ridicule you are bringing.  So, seriously, STFU.  You have registered your opinion and it is duly noted.

By the way, since you are fond of pointing out baseless assumptions, why do you even assume that they sleep?  And if they sleep, why do you assume they need a shelter in which to sleep?  Does a deer build a shelter?

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 03:38:20 pm

Dude, I understand that you are deep into your campaign for biggest D-bag of the year, but its time to let this one go. You don't have to believe in Bigfoot. I don't care if you do or not. But others on this board wish to discuss what are perceived as relevant and plausible opinions and evidence about the subject. So quit hi-jacking the thread strictly for the purposes of showing your shiny behind. Rest assured when voting time comes around I'll mark your name on my ballot. VERGE 2012!!!

If you desire an actual answer to your question(although I'm sure your response will be the equivalent of holding your hands over your ears and shouting LA LA LA LA LA LA!) here it is. There have been several "nests" found that are believed to be made by a bigfoot. These are almost exactly the same as the nests made by gorillas, except these are found in North America. As for your argument about the primate thing that I saw earlier I refer you to Websters Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sasquatch. It is defined as a primate. Oh wait, I know the argument that is about to follow Verge-"It can't be a primate cause it doesn't exist or has never been found blah blah blah" One, if it exist, the evidence overwhelmingly shows that it's a primate. Two, if its a mythical creature it can be whatever we wish. Just like we would assume that a Griffon is a mammal.
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Verge

Quote from: given em the tusk on January 26, 2012, 06:24:32 pm
There have been several "nests" found that are believed to be made by a bigfoot. These are almost exactly the same as the nests made by gorillas, except these are found in North America.

What were they made out of, and why were there no biological samples found in said nests. This should be relatively easy for a creature made of fur.

Are these bigfoot hunters that unprofessional?

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 07:20:26 pm
What were they made out of, and why were there no biological samples found in said nests. This should be relatively easy for a creature made of fur.

Google image it, and i dont know about you but I, as well as many other outdoors men, don't have a science lab to test samples in our back yards, most "Bigfoot hunters" are pretty retarded I'll give you that but these people are responsible for only a small amount of the evidence out there

Duvall Falls Hog

Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 07:20:26 pm

I might have read somewhere that big foots don't shed their hair. I could be wrong though.
Nothing beats a good smoked brisket during the winter.

HuntinHog

Quote from: duvallfallshog on January 26, 2012, 09:25:50 pm
I might have read somewhere that big foots don't shed their hair. I could be wrong though.

Depends on the breed of bigfoots.. The Arkansas variety tend to have thinner coats and don't shed much to the warmer climate.   The Northwestern US variety have a heavy winter coat like a malamute which results in more shedding.

It's a commonly known fact.

Duvall Falls Hog

Quote from: HuntinHog on January 26, 2012, 09:42:59 pm
Depends on the breed of bigfoots.. The Arkansas variety tend to have thinner coats and don't shed much to the warmer climate.   The Northwestern US variety have a heavy winter coat like a malamute which results in more shedding.

It's a commonly known fact.

Thanks for the clarification. My memory isn't what it use to be. It was awhile ago since I read about it but I guess I should have known.   

jkstock04

Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 11:30:16 am
The film resolution is so low, you can't see his fingers or toes, but you can see his titties flopping and muscles ripple?

How do you see muscles underneath 3 inches of dog fur?
I came across this and thought it was pretty cool, LOOKS like a muscle contracting to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5tvXoGQ4UI

I'm not saying this is for sure not a man in a costume, I wasn't there how the hell could I know for sure...but I do have an open mind about it.  I don't see why some are so skeptical about this subject...the idea of a very shy, intelligent, unknown species of ape doesn't seem too farfetched to me. 

People like to act like like it is some mythical, magical creature...but in fact if it does exist it's prob just some species of ape...I have never understood what the big deal about this was. 

Thing about it is...lets make the assumption (yes I said assumption) these things were real....and you were shown a picture or video of a real one...you would automatically say it was fake, regardless if it was real.  Your mind is made up...nothing will convince u.  This is fine...nothing wrong with this stance....but you shouldn't bust peoples' chops who have an open mind about it.  Just my .02 cents.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Verge

Quote from: given em the tusk on January 26, 2012, 08:42:34 pm
Google image it, and i dont know about you but I, as well as many other outdoors men, don't have a science lab to test samples in our back yards, most "Bigfoot hunters" are pretty retarded I'll give you that but these people are responsible for only a small amount of the evidence out there

What evidence? If a den was found where a mammal covered in fur was sleeping, it would have hair fibers all over it. Yet not a single one has ever been found.

100% of America has been explored. This stuff might work in papa new guinea but not the continental USA. Not to mention you can look at other animals with small breeding populations and watch them go extinct. What is the breeding population of bigfoots? 20, ok then their gene pool is ruined. 1500, ok then they would have been found easily.

ArchitectHog

Quote from: Verge on January 26, 2012, 11:38:32 pm

100% of America has been explored.

I find it hard to believe that 100% of America had been explored. You, nor anyone else will convince me that we have explored every square inch of this country. 

Do you just make stuff up as you go along? 
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Albert Einswine

There are places in Arkansas that haven't been completely trod.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Verge

Quote from: ArchitectHog on January 27, 2012, 09:00:16 am
I find it hard to believe that 100% of America had been explored. You, nor anyone else will convince me that we have explored every square inch of this country. 

Caves?

ArchitectHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 27, 2012, 09:04:13 am

Exactly. 

This is kinda like the evolutionary/creationism thread.  You can neither prove nor disprove they exist.  Anything else is just personal belief and opinion.
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Verge

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 27, 2012, 09:04:13 am

Where?

ArchitectHog

Quote from: Verge on January 27, 2012, 09:08:56 am
Caves?

Sure why not.  But not EVERY square inch of terrain in this country has not been covered.  It's practically impossible.  We are not, as humans, physically able to do it,

Albert Einswine

Remote areas in the mountains and swamps.  Do you really believe every square mile of this state, let alone this nation has had human feet on it?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Verge

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 27, 2012, 09:14:47 am
Remote areas in the mountains and swamps.  Do you really believe every square mile of this state, let alone this nation has had human feet on it?

If nobody has stepped foot in remote areas of our mountains, then why are old growth forests no present on them?

Because they were logged... lol.

Verge

Quote from: ArchitectHog on January 27, 2012, 09:14:23 am
We are not, as humans, physically able to do it,

If this was the case, people would be lining up to attempt it.

Every year 15 million people wander around with guns trying to shoot food. Is it really that implausible?

Hawgon

Actually, it is more plausible right now that something could be out there than at anytime in the last 100 years.  There are fewer people living in the Ouachitas and most of the Ozarks than there were in the 1920s.  Most of western Arkansas is more remote and wild than it was 75 years ago.  Where once there were hundreds and thousands of small family subsistence farms, there are thousands and millions of acres of land owned by timber companies.  Every single square inch of the land I hunt, was at one time or another in the last century under cultivation.  None of it is now and it is either in mature hardwood timber or pine plantations.  In the middle of some of those pine plantations, no human has set foot or laid an eye on the area in ten years.  Soon someone will thin it, and then it will be another ten years or more before anyone else ventures in there.

Like I said, I really dont' know if they are real or not.  But assuming that they are, then just like every other game animal in the state of Arkansas (and pretty much everywhere else) I would assume that their populations are rebounding, their numbers are increasing, and they are inhabiting areas they previously hadn't in decades, or even centuries because habitat is better than it has ever been in Arkansas.

ArchitectHog

Quote from: Verge on January 27, 2012, 09:49:15 am

Every year 15 million people wander around with guns trying to shoot food. Is it really that implausible?

Not implausible.  Just not likely.  NOT EVERY SQUARE INCH.

Verge

Quote from: ArchitectHog on January 27, 2012, 10:10:08 am
Not implausible.  Just not likely.  NOT EVERY SQUARE INCH.

You would be surprised. Do you know much about mapmaking? I don't, but i do know we had topographical maps before satellites were capable of producing them for us.

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on January 27, 2012, 10:07:29 am
Like I said, I really dont' know if they are real or not.  But assuming that they are, then just like every other game animal in the state of Arkansas (and pretty much everywhere else) I would assume that their populations are rebounding, their numbers are increasing, and they are inhabiting areas they previously hadn't in decades, or even centuries because habitat is better than it has ever been in Arkansas.

Right, and it's not a bad assumption.

However, when you think about it, if their numbers were rebounding, you assume they had successful populations in the past. Yet, nobody ever shot one when the explorers were rummaging throughout the country, in completely untouched wilderness. This seems very unlikely. The bigfoot myth works great in african and some south american rain forests. 1. You have easy access to water and nutrition. 2. It is very remote and we have extreme difficulty traveling to these destinations. 3. Some of it is completely unexplored. Saying they live in arkansas, is a far stretch. It's a biped that nobody has ever seen using tools, so obviously it's not a meat eater. So what plant life in arkansas is big enough to sustain such a creature. Gorillas live by fermenting plants in their gut, does that video show a similar digestive system?

HuntinHog

If there's a primate smart enough to avoid us this long then it would probably be too smart to have stayed in hiding for this long.  Or something like that.

Hawgon

QuoteHowever, when you think about it, if their numbers were rebounding, you assume they had successful populations in the past. Yet, nobody ever shot one when the explorers were rummaging throughout the country, in completely untouched wilderness. This seems very unlikely. The bigfoot myth works great in african and some south american rain forests. 1. You have easy access to water and nutrition. 2. It is very remote and we have extreme difficulty traveling to these destinations. 3. Some of it is completely unexplored. Saying they live in arkansas, is a far stretch. It's a biped that nobody has ever seen using tools, so obviously it's not a meat eater. So what plant life in arkansas is big enough to sustain such a creature. Gorillas live by fermenting plants in their gut, does that video show a similar digestive system?

Actually, there are quite a few accounts of them from the old days.  As someone noted, there is even an account of one being killed by a party of Spaniards.  Likewise, there are plenty of Indian accounts.  Right here in Arkansas, there are plenty of accounts of "wildmen" from the early 19th century as they were called then because apes were, for the most party unknown to westerners.

Why would you make the assumption that it isn't a meat eater?  Chimps and gorillas are known to eat meat on occasion with chimps even going so far as to organize hunts to capture and kill monkeys and other animals.  If it does exists, all the evidence points to it being like the other well known primate on the continent, an omnivore that will eat practically anything.  As such there is plenty of food all over for it.  The bear is another omnivore of similar and sometimes even bigger size that does quite well in our area and all over North America.

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on January 27, 2012, 02:40:45 pm
Why would you make the assumption that it isn't a meat eater?  Chimps and gorillas are known to eat meat on occasion with chimps even going so far as to organize hunts to capture and kill monkeys and other animals.  If it does exists, all the evidence points to it being like the other well known primate on the continent, an omnivore that will eat practically anything.  As such there is plenty of food all over for it.  The bear is another omnivore of similar and sometimes even bigger size that does quite well in our area and all over North America.

Bears and Chimps can kill things, that thing in the patterson film will have a hard time catching anything in the USA. Turtles and reptiles it could probably catch, and eat. But you almost have to assume it is mainly a plant eater, based on it's proposed physical characteristics alone. Surely there is a netflix documentary or something on bigfood where they cover this. I can't be the only one who thinks it would primarily be a plant eater. Of course, i've never really looked on netflix either.

Hawgon

Quote from: Verge on January 27, 2012, 03:02:38 pm
Bears and Chimps can kill things, that thing in the patterson film will have a hard time catching anything in the USA. Turtles and reptiles it could probably catch, and eat. But you almost have to assume it is mainly a plant eater, based on it's proposed physical characteristics alone. Surely there is a netflix documentary or something on bigfood where they cover this. I can't be the only one who thinks it would primarily be a plant eater. Of course, i've never really looked on netflix either.

Dude, that thing in the Patterson film could make Usain Bolt look like a toddler if it wanted to do so.  And no, they are not considered to be plant eaters.  Those who consider themselves to be experts on such things opine that their primary foodsource is deer.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Verge on January 27, 2012, 12:24:41 pm
...It's a biped that nobody has ever seen using tools, so obviously it's not a meat eater...

I have a cousin that fits this description--and he eats a LOT of meat!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PonderinHog

I think the Indians killed them all in retaliation for us killing all their buffalo.

philobeddoe

Quote from: HuntinHog on January 26, 2012, 03:42:25 pm
Poor Hunting and Fishing forum, it had avoided the message board pissing matches for so long...

One more outburst from anyone and this pissing match is over.

tophawg19

the university of oregon has several hair samples that they can't match to any known animal as does several other state agencies. one group was taken from a car that struck one.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

johnny cash

The Patterson film is hard to explain. Yes you can see the muscles in the thigh area bulge. They didn't have any suits like that in that time period in Hollywood movies. You can see plain as day the breast flopping as it turned and walked away. That is as real as it gets the holy grail of Bigfoot research. I dare to say there is places in our forest that people barely go in. MOst hunters don't get that far from a road to sit their stands. They could exist and I like to think they do.

tophawg19

to much evidence says they do, experts have stated that during that time period expertise to make a costume of that quality wasn't available and even had it been cost would have been astronomical. also if you look one of the leg muslces has a bulge suggesting a torn muscle. that would be impossible to fake.

Ex-Trumpet

None other than President Teddy Roosevelt had an encounter with an unknown bipedal primate.

Was it a squatch?  There's lots of stories that defy the modern, known explanation!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PintailKiller

Quote from: Hawgon on January 24, 2012, 04:44:47 pm
Other than the Pacific Northwest, the hottest area in the country for bigfoot sightings is in the mountains in SE Oklahoma in McCurtain and LeFlore counties.  That is just right there.  All that country is also drained by Little River.  So, hypothetically, a wandering bigfoot could travel down Little River, the Rolling Fork, Cossatot, or Saline from the mountains of Oklahoma and Arkansas be right in the heart of SW Arkansas in a day or so.

If you've ever made the drive up 259 in Oklahoma, you know that if bigfoot is real, then if there is any place in the whole country where they would be, it is that part of the world.  That is the most rugged, wild, and unpopulated country between the Rocky Mountains and the east coast.  And on top of that, SW Arkansas is pretty sparsely populated as well.  The middle of a 600 acre pine plantation may as well be the dark side of the moon when it comes to people seeing it.  And there are millions of acres owned by Weyerhouser and other timber companies in SW Arkansas separate and apart from the Ouachita National forest.

So, I don't know if they are real or not, but there is something going on up there in Oklahoma.  They have tons of sightings every year and finding footprints is almost routine.

Drove that from Ft Smith to Idabell Wednesday - looked squatchy to me.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Ex-Trumpet

In honor of this thread, I decided to jack with our waitress in the Omni Hotel bar in Atlanta last night (it was early in the evening so the memory is quite clear!)...I asked her if she had ever seen a squatch in the wilds of Georgia.

Her eyes got big and she looked shocked.  She said that she hit one with her car a couple years ago and the thing picked up the front of her car and then ran off into the woods.  She also said that she has told very few people about it, least of all, her insurance company (said it did a lot of damage!).

Of course, my reply was an astonished AYSM, to which she replied ISYN!!

WayneHawg

I've got a bigfoot. I call it Sasquatch.

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on January 27, 2012, 03:14:16 pm
Dude, that thing in the Patterson film could make Usain Bolt look like a toddler if it wanted to do so.  And no, they are not considered to be plant eaters.  Those who consider themselves to be experts on such things opine that their primary foodsource is deer.

The only bipeds i'm aware of that can run are Avian. Why do you assume it is so fast? How does something with 16 inch feet catch a deer, try creeping on a deer with snowshoes sometime it's not possible. I would have to say omnivore. Of course all these bigfoot documentaries leave this information out. So maybe they do have theories about it.

ErieHog

Quote from: Verge on January 29, 2012, 10:35:00 am
The only bipeds i'm aware of that can run are Avian. Why do you assume it is so fast? How does something with 16 inch feet catch a deer, try creeping on a deer with snowshoes sometime it's not possible. I would have to say omnivore. Of course all these bigfoot documentaries leave this information out. So maybe they do have theories about it.

Watch some of the ones where they get wrapped up in the scat evidence.  They'd have you thinking those things eat everything short of egg mcmuffins.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

kaiserhog

January 29, 2012, 12:17:36 pm #141 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:25:12 pm by kaiserhog
Reinhard Messner, the great South Tyrolean mountain climber,  wrote about an encounter he had with what he was sure a Yeti in the Himalaya.  It was in the now discontinued National Geographic Adventure Magazine.  He has since said that it must have been a bear.  He wasn't convinced that it was a bear when he wrote that article, though.  Absolutely, chilling account.

Duvall Falls Hog

Quote from: kaiserhog on January 29, 2012, 12:17:36 pm
Reinhard Messner, the great South Tyrolean mountain climber,  wrote about an encounter he had with what he was sure a Yeti in the Himalaya.  It was in the now discontinued National Geographic Adventure Magazine.  He has since said that it must have been a bear.  He wasn't convinced that it was a bear when he wrote that article, though.  Absolutely, chilling account.

I hear it is chilly in the Himalaya's. ;) Not questiong Mr. Messner's report but I wonder if the lack of oxygen in those altitudes had anything to do with him thinking he was seeing something different then what he was.

tophawg19

verge my thoughts are the are likely opportunity eaters like a bear. capable of eating plants and animals while i doubt deer other than road kill for the most part are a major part of their diet. but berries , leaves, small rodents, fish likely make up their diet. i think their diet also might be similar to that of a gorilla as i think that these are similar species

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: Verge on January 29, 2012, 10:35:00 am

perhaps an ambush predator

Verge

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2012, 01:10:58 pm
verge my thoughts are the are likely opportunity eaters like a bear. capable of eating plants and animals while i doubt deer other than road kill for the most part are a major part of their diet. but berries , leaves, small rodents, fish likely make up their diet. i think their diet also might be similar to that of a gorilla as i think that these are similar species

I would agree on being an opportunist. Waiting on evidence to confirm.

tophawg19

the evidence is there. hair samples that can't be matched to any known animal. far to many witnesses over 400 to 500 year period . most with nothing to gain and credibility to lose. i'm not sure i would report 1 if i saw it. even police officers have reported seeing them . at least 2 were caught on dash camera's in police cars. i believe there is something out there but i think it's some type of ape

Verge

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2012, 05:52:40 pm
the evidence is there. hair samples that can't be matched to any known animal. far to many witnesses over 400 to 500 year period . most with nothing to gain and credibility to lose. i'm not sure i would report 1 if i saw it. even police officers have reported seeing them . at least 2 were caught on dash camera's in police cars. i believe there is something out there but i think it's some type of ape

This is true, most of them don't have anything to gain. But if you want to believe things based on numerous eyewitness claims, then you would have to believe in a pretty fantastical world. Right?

tophawg19

not really there is plenty of evidence to support this existance . too many od the witnesses are very credible people. the patterson video is real . too many experts have seen it and stated that it could not have been faked. the footprints have been looked at by foot specialists and many have said they were real . especially the one with 2 broken bones showing' 

Verge

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2012, 07:47:03 pm
the patterson video is real

QuoteKrantz writes that "Patterson had the film developed as soon as possible. At first he thought he had brought in proof of Bigfoot's existence and really expected the scientists to accept it. But only a few scientists were willing to even look at the film, and most of them promptly declared it a fake. It was then incorporated as the centerpiece of the documentary film that Patterson had set out to make in the first place."

Motive.