Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyshawn is a Hog!!!!!

Started by snoot hoggy hog, September 16, 2017, 03:08:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

WPS

Welcome aboard. Get ready for a good ride.

The Hogfather

litmachog

Fantastic. Woo pig.  Now 2 more to go.  Congrats on the commit!!

East TN HAWG

cardsNhogs

Hollywood_HOGan45

Best news I've seen since we beat seton hall.

navyhog24

Next up LaBlanc and Chaney please

mhuff

hdturner

rzrbackramsfan

Imagine our next class if perry was still committed ...

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 16, 2017, 05:22:49 pm

But he's not. He is at Miss State now.

This is a great step in replacing that talent. Now we need to land a player at the forward spot and we will be set.

Pigsfeat

"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Dominicanhog

King Kong

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 16, 2017, 03:55:45 pm
Best news I've seen since we beat seton hall.

Better than Barford and Macon's announcement to return?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: King Kong on September 16, 2017, 07:37:59 pm
Better than Barford and Macon's announcement to return?

Outside of that announcement.

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2017, 05:35:36 pm
But he's not. He is at Miss State now.

This is a great step in replacing that talent. Now we need to land a player at the forward spot and we will be set.
It's "we" again?  I need a scorecard with you.

forrest city joe

WPS.what a pick up by Mike Anderson and his staff.basketball recruiting is unreal right now.GO HOGS.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 16, 2017, 09:20:45 pm
WPS.what a pick up by Mike Anderson and his staff.basketball recruiting is unreal right now.GO HOGS.

Heck yeah! The staff hit a homerun with this one.
Hogs up! Covid down!

RealHog

Good to hear! WPS! hopefully has true PG skills and can help us there.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on September 16, 2017, 09:12:09 pm
It's "we" again?  I need a scorecard with you.

7 years and 2 degrees from the University of Arkansas means it will always be a "we" with me.

This is the first time I've seen this staff win a real recruiting battle with an out of state high school recruit. That's a big step for this program and staff.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 09:13:39 am
7 years and 2 degrees from the University of Arkansas means it will always be a "we" with me.

This is the first time I've seen this staff win a real recruiting battle with an out of state high school recruit. That's a big step for this program and staff.

Wow.. you've got  degrees, I would have never guessed.... just goes to show, don't judge a man by his post...

The Hogfather

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 16, 2017, 05:22:49 pm

He's tending to his sick dad in Starkville. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Reggie Chaney 6'8 PF/C is much more likely to comitt than Josh LeBlanc the 6'7 SF at this point.

Keep in mind Jordan Phillips is also 6'7 but can also play & defend the 1-3 and probably has more upside than his higher ranked counterparts.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 17, 2017, 10:32:55 am
Reggie Chaney 6'8 PF/C is much more likely to comitt than Josh LeBlanc the 6'7 SF at this point.

Keep in mind Jordan Phillips is also 6'7 but can also play & defend the 1-3 and probably has more upside than his higher ranked counterparts.

IMO, we'd take Reggie and Jordan and call it a great weekend.... and not wait on Josh, unless of course he's given indications to Mike that he does want to be a Hog...

hogwood

From Dudley's article on Keyshawn's commitment:

Embery is good friends with Baton Rouge, La., Madison Central forward Josh LeBlanc, (6-7, 210) who officially visited Arkansas on Aug. 25-27 and plans to announce his decision Nov. 12.

"I am hoping the chances are good at getting him to come play with me," Embery said. "I am working on it hard."

It would seem Josh would give us at least added consideration since his buddy is joining us - probably thinking over all the reasons why Keyshawn committed all the while hearing all the praise from his buddy himself. If the staff bandwagons off of that then I think we could have a good shot. IMO I think he would have to commit soon though, as I think the staff would take Chaney and/or Phillips in a heartbeat.

Swinesong1

Swinesong1

Those 7 years and 2 degrees matter little to you when the Hogs lose games or recruiting battles.  You've been "done" several times in last three seasons.  Only to claim allegiance when things are looking good. 

MakingPlays

So, if the staff lands an out of state recruit because of a relationship, whether it be through knowing family, friends, acquaintances or whatever it's not winning a real recruiting battle?  In this new world of alternative facts this logic makes all the sense in the world to me. 

I'd just hate for any news to break that the staff may have knew Keyshawn's Dad because they once met at a junior high football game in 2005, then by your logic, they'd be moving back in the wrong direction and this wouldn't count as a real recruiting battle.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on September 17, 2017, 07:12:10 pm
Those 7 years and 2 degrees matter little to you when the Hogs lose games or recruiting battles.  You've been "done" several times in last three seasons.  Only to claim allegiance when things are looking good. 

I was unaware that allegiance to a program required allegiance to a coach.

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 07:26:53 pm
I was unaware that allegiance to a program required allegiance to a coach.
So are you back on board?  Again?  Or are you still "done"?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on September 17, 2017, 07:35:16 pm
So are you back on board?  Again?  Or are you still "done"?

Mike did enough last year to keep him job for awhile. I'm on board with Mike, but that doesn't mean he won't be criticized where he needs to be criticized.