Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goff fired

Started by ricepig, May 23, 2017, 07:19:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

I wonder how this will turn out. I am sure they will honor the scholarships but I wouldn't want to play for a coach that just tried to cut me.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

sickboy

Uh, way to destroy your program there. Someone didn't think this one through and me thinks it's the head ball coach.

Have fun coaching those guys you tried to kick to the curb. And have fun recruiting players when everyone knows you once tried to break NCAA policy to get rid of players you weren't happy with, and oh by the way, players you recruited to your program.

Classic.

snf6278

HogFansReunited

Quote from: snf6278 on May 23, 2017, 08:13:38 pm
You think he survives this?

I honestly don't see how he could survive this. Like sickboy said, this will make his current players upset and it gives anyone recruiting against him a lot of ammunition.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 23, 2017, 08:16:01 pm
I honestly don't see how he could survive this. Like sickboy said, this will make his current players upset and it gives anyone recruiting against him a lot of ammunition.
If I'm recruiting the same player he is I'm bringing this up early and often to both player and parents.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PorkRyan

They had a terrible year, but couldn't fire him after one year. Now he just gave Bama a reason to fire him.  I don't see any way he keeps his job.

Birminghog

I sat in front of a Bama player's parents Game 2 in Tuscaloosa. Their kid had been recruited by the former coach and both coach and parents were a bit dubious about the new guy. Bet they're beyond dubious now.

Tony Perkis

Kevin

must not have read the power 5 rules.  he could do that at la tech
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

A post on the situation. Goff is lucky that most Bama fans don't even know they have a baseball team. The problem is that the few that do seem to already be tiring of him from both a personal and performance standpoint.

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/5/23/15679632/editorial-an-open-letter-to-alabama-athletic-director-greg-byrne-greg-goff-has-to-go

woodrow hog call

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 24, 2017, 12:06:16 pm
A post on the situation. Goff is lucky that most Bama fans don't even know they have a baseball team. The problem is that the few that do seem to already be tiring of him from both a personal and performance standpoint.

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/5/23/15679632/editorial-an-open-letter-to-alabama-athletic-director-greg-byrne-greg-goff-has-to-go

His defense should be "but I thought that was school policy, I learned it from watching Nick"
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

jry04

He went about it the wrong way, but what he did is done at just about every school. We do it too, it is why we have so much turnover. The only difference is, we do not flat out say "your scholarship is going to be revoked." Instead, you have to say "you are buried on the depth chart, and we have x amount of players coming in that you will have to compete with in addition to those who are here. I do not see you getting much playing time next year, but I will work with you to find a new home if you choose to transfer because it is probably in your best interest." You cannot just come out and say "you will not have a scholarship anymore here."

Every major sport does it every year.

GeauxHogsGeaux!

They just said on SEC network that it is being reported by that coach Goff has been released.

HogFansReunited

Not surprised after what he did. I really wonder if he just wanted out because he had to know that was against NCAA rules.

Member #3568

Hog-Corleone

I did notice one thing in the write up, he did sweep Auburn this year.  Regardless of record, normally that would be enough to keep your job at Bama, but even that could not overcome this idiocy. 
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

duck slayer

Quote from: woodrow hog call on May 24, 2017, 12:53:51 pm
His defense should be "but I thought that was school policy, I learned it from watching Nick"

^^^^^^^^^^^^This deserves a bump ^^^^^^^^^^^^

rljjr

Quote from: duck slayer on May 25, 2017, 03:04:13 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^This deserves a bump ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Grayshirts for everyone!!!

ucahogfan

Alabama has hired Auburn assistant Brad Bohannon as their new HC.  He is one of the most respected assistants in the country and recruited pretty all of that Kentucky team as well as the new players on Auburn.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/alabama-hires-brad-bohannon-coach/#qViSksJQM6MQGDx5.97

Pork-n-Boots

That was a really good hire for Alabama. My Bama brother in law tells me that Bohannon will bring in former Tennessee head coach Dave Serrano as pitching coach.

dotnet

Quote from: Pork-n-Boots on June 01, 2017, 04:25:27 pm
That was a really good hire for Alabama. My Bama brother in law tells me that Bohannon will bring in former Tennessee head coach Dave Serrano as pitching coach.

wow, that would be a good hire.  he may be over qualified for that job

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Pork-n-Boots on June 01, 2017, 04:25:27 pm

That would be one hell of a hire.

Member #3568

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on June 01, 2017, 04:30:36 pm
wow, that would be a good hire.  he may be over qualified for that job
Yeah, bringing on Serrano would be a great hire.  It would give him a trusted ear in the dugout for a brand new HC too.  I do think Serrano will find another HC job this go round though.