Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Banquet Tonight BP/MQ Decision

Started by Thepigdoctor, April 13, 2015, 03:34:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

I believe the teams banquet is tonight, it has been used in the past (BJ Young) as a platform to announce a return to Arkansas.

With the deadlines on declaring intention/returning to school, I'd say there is at least a 75% chance both players make their decisions known.

I still feel very strongly that both will be Hogs tonight.

Does anyone know if there is typically media coverage of the event/what time is banquet, and is anyone here attending?

jry04

There will be media coverage, but probably not any live video. Just clips on the news, etc. Everyone knew BJ would be making his decision at the banquet, so I remember there was a lot of members of the media there live tweeting what was going on.

Otis and Dudley both seem to think they will be announcing tonight. Dudley seems to think they are coming back. Otis said he has talked with 2 sources that would definitely know. One said they are gone, and one insists they are returning. It sounds like nobody has a clue what the decision will be, but the majority think the decisions will be announced sometime today/tonight. I guess we will find out.

Thepigdoctor

Thanks, I didn't figure there would be live coverage, wishful thinking given the timing/potential of decisions being made tonight.

If any HV posters attend, please keep us out of staters posted as to the evenings events.

jry04

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on April 13, 2015, 03:54:44 pm
Thanks, I didn't figure there would be live coverage, wishful thinking given the timing/potential of decisions being made tonight.

If any HV posters attend, please keep us out of staters posted as to the evenings events.
If they announce, there will be plenty of people in attendance that will tweet what is said. It will definitely make its way to Hogville.

Danny J

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 03:56:09 pm
If they announce, there will be plenty of people in attendance that will tweet what is said. It will definitely make its way to Hogville.
Yep....will be online within minutes of the announcement either way.

MB Hog

Part of me wants to think they would only announce at the banquet if they were planning to come back.  It would be a very excited crowd to get that news and start thinking about how good the team will be next year... and it would be a big downer if they announce they aren't coming back.

But then I realize it could also be a chance for the university to give them a big send-off and thank you for helping move the program back in the right direction.

It could also be a little of both with one staying and one leaving.

So I still can't come up with a perfect scenario to make a logical prediction.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: MB Hog on April 13, 2015, 04:21:03 pm
Part of me wants to think they would only announce at the banquet if they were planning to come back.  It would be a very excited crowd to get that news and start thinking about how good the team will be next year... and it would be a big downer if they announce they aren't coming back.

But then I realize it could also be a chance for the university to give them a big send-off and thank you for helping move the program back in the right direction.

It could also be a little of both with one staying and one leaving.

So I still can't come up with a perfect scenario to make a logical prediction.

I think it favors them staying. They could have declared and would still attend the banquet tonight to be sent off. I'd say announcing at the banquet and the knowledge of how special it would make the night, really favors them returning.

Soooie21

Tonight is all about the Razorbacks, not the NBA...I agree with thepigdoctor..

colbs

dsgreen

jry04

Dudley just said he has no reason to believe anything different than what he has been told. He said the feel is still that they return, and likely announce that tonight. We will see.

Scott7703

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 06:02:55 pm
Dudley just said he has no reason to believe anything different than what he has been told. He said the feel is still that they return, and likely announce that tonight. We will see.

Sure hope Dudley is right.

intelligence

jry04

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 13, 2015, 06:52:40 pm
Sure hope Dudley is right.
To be fair he didn't say it is definite, just his opinion. He did say he doesn't think anyone knows for sure one way or another. Bo and Clay Henry both said they are hearing from different people that they are staying, too.

Dropkick

I have it from people on Hogville with solid sources that both players are leaving and staying.

dsgreen

It's 7:17pm.  Why have we not heard of them bursting into the room with confetti and yells of 1 more year?

onebadrubi

Quote from: dsgreen on April 13, 2015, 07:18:26 pm
It's 7:17pm.  Why have we not heard of them bursting into the room with confetti and yells of 1 more year?

THey are conspiring to make Hogville wait until midnight. 

jgphillips3

Quote from: Dropkick on April 13, 2015, 07:01:44 pm
I have it from people on Hogville with solid sources that both players are leaving and staying.

But will they stay the leave or leave the stay?

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 13, 2015, 07:34:29 pm

Returning to leave and leaving to return

TomasPistola

I've heard from 10 - 12 of my sources they are either going to stay or leave. They want to be where they can make the biggers impact.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 13, 2015, 07:37:59 pm
I've heard from 10 - 12 of my sources they are either going to stay or leave.
We might hear both of their decisions in 10-12 minutes.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Dropkick

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 13, 2015, 07:34:29 pm
Yes, but you did not hear it from me

phadedhawg

Will be thankful when it's over no matter the decision

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 13, 2015, 07:38:38 pm
We might hear both of their decisions in 10-12 minutes.

This just keeps getting biggers by the minute.

MB Hog

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 13, 2015, 07:42:01 pm
This just keeps getting biggers by the minute.

The announcement will be a Ray of light from the heavens. 

intelligence

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on April 13, 2015, 07:44:19 pm
The announcement will be a Ray of light from the heavens.

I didn't know Madonna was in the house

Ray Piggers

Quote from: intelligence on April 13, 2015, 07:49:43 pm
I didn't know Madonna was in the house

She gets around. She was just making out with Drake at Coachella last night
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

intelligence

Quote from: Ray Piggers on April 13, 2015, 07:59:38 pm
She gets around. She was just making out with Drake at Coachella last night

So Drake threw up at Coachella? Last i seen madonna she looked like a walking corpse

TOM "tbw1"

It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Woopig69

Any way we can get a game thread for the banquet?
A little play by play.
I cant find it on the radio or television.
:razorback:

dsgreen

Quote from: Woopig69 on April 13, 2015, 08:05:29 pm
Any way we can get a game thread for the banquet?
A little play by play.
I cant find it on the radio or television.
:razorback:

There isn't much.  Two personalities that are there tweeted about the watch, but didn't give any info.  Most I've seen is one pic from some random chick of portis coming in. 
https://instagram.com/p/1b1Qusmzcm/

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on April 13, 2015, 08:04:28 pm
isn't that an egg roll and fortune cookie?

jgphillips3

So...it's a woman then.

hawgjr

White smoke means both are returning
Black smoke means both are leaving
Grey smoke means one is returning and one is leaving
Green smoke means Willie Nelson is the entertainment

Soooie21

I doubt they announce they will be leaving tonight...That would be in bad taste...staying would be great....

dsgreen

Quote from: Soooie21 on April 13, 2015, 08:17:22 pm
I doubt they announce they will be leaving tonight...That would be in bad taste...staying would be great....

They only announce tonight if they both stay.  If one is leaving, it would be real awkward for one to say they are staying while the other just sits there.  If both are leaving, no way they want to may everyone sad, they'll wait til tomorrow if even one is leaving.

onebadrubi

I don't see announcing you are going to put your name in the draft for likely a mid to high 1st round pick being a negative at the banquet, quite the opposite. 

dsgreen

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 13, 2015, 08:27:08 pm
I don't see announcing you are going to put your name in the draft for likely a mid to high 1st round pick being a negative at the banquet, quite the opposite.
They're celebrating the team and the year, saying you won't be back is kind of a downer and typically saved for a press conference after/before.

Soooie21

I'm selfish, I want them both to stay...but being in their shoes the money, in Portis case would be hard to pass up...we'll see...I love them as Razorbacks and young men no matter what..

onebadrubi

Quote from: dsgreen on April 13, 2015, 08:28:35 pm
They're celebrating the team and the year, saying you won't be back is kind of a downer and typically saved for a press conference after/before.

Definitely NOT for Portis.  Portis saying I'm entering in the draft when he would be a top pick is not a downer, but something every one on the team and coaching staff would support him for. 

jry04

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 13, 2015, 08:41:06 pm
Definitely NOT for Portis.  Portis saying I'm entering in the draft when he would be a top pick is not a downer, but something every one on the team and coaching staff would support him for. 
Yes, but not at a team banquet. You announce you are leaving somewhere else. Announce you are staying here to generate excitement about the upcoming season. BJ announced at the banquet he was staying, but elsewhere he was leaving.

elvis26

;D tonight is about the team not portis and qualls!!!!!!!! do I hear a amen brothers?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: elvis26 on April 13, 2015, 08:46:36 pm
;D tonight is about the team not portis and qualls!!!!!!!! do I hear a amen brothers?

If Portis and Qualls wanted to announce they were coming back, I'd have no problem with it being about them and not the team :P.

EastMemphisHog

*crickets*

Just kidding....kinda

Dropkick

Maybe Qualls knows he is coming back but BP is still undecided or vice versa.

code red

That's 2/5's our team
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou