Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about this for a quote!

Started by RacinRazorback, April 08, 2015, 07:18:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RacinRazorback

"This is Kentucky. We do whatever we want." This quote coming from an interview when Cal was asked about rebuilding next year. The arrogance and entitlement attitudes of this team and coach amaze me. I guess the NCAA truly does let them do what they want.

latrops

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that there is some context missing.  Don't really care enough to look it up though.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: latrops on April 08, 2015, 08:32:40 am
I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that there is some context missing.  Don't really care enough to look it up though.

It's KY basketball...............they don't care about things such as context. They have a sense of entitlement I think no other team in any sport has except maybe the Yankees.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: latrops on April 08, 2015, 08:32:40 am

They asked him about the no shoes, no shirt, no service rule at Waffle House.

Hoggish1

Quote from: RacinRazorback on April 08, 2015, 07:18:11 am
"This is Kentucky. We do whatever we want." This quote coming from an interview when Cal was asked about rebuilding next year. The arrogance and entitlement attitudes of this team and coach amaze me. I guess the NCAA truly does let them do what they want.

Message to Calimari; keep digging that hole...

MountieDawg

He did say that, what he is saying that kids need to get paid... If they have to recruit 7 new guys, they have proven at Kentucky they can....  IF you look at the recruiting classes they have. None of the kids on that team are really ready for the NBA, but the NBA will pay them and teach them.... Being ready for the NBA went out 15 years ago... Its all about potential and getting paid by the NBA.

The whole quote...

"If a bunch of them get drafted in the first round, maybe early second, that's okay. We're going to be ecstatic. We're going to build a team that's going to come back and I'd told Tyler, 'let's do the same thing.' Why not? 'Well, you can't because you lost'–what?

This is Kentucky. We do whatever we want.

We may go out and have to sign a couple of more people. There are kids in the wings that we're still involved. They're waiting to see how many of these kids leave. I gave them...There's an idea, it's gonna be a lot. And I'm happy about that. I'm happy."
SEC!

phadedhawg

I was struck by Cal's arrogance in the pregame for the Wisconsin game.  Wisc's coach said his team had done a lot of film study to prepare for Kentucky.  Cal said Kentucky just watched their own film and didn't worry about watching Wisc.  What I took away from that is Kentucky thinks they are so good that they can only lose if they beat themselves. 

How did that work out for 'em?

razorhogLR

Quote from: phadedhawg on April 08, 2015, 12:43:06 pm
I was struck by Cal's arrogance in the pregame for the Wisconsin game.  Wisc's coach said his team had done a lot of film study to prepare for Kentucky.  Cal said Kentucky just watched their own film and didn't worry about watching Wisc.  What I took away from that is Kentucky thinks they are so good that they can only lose if they beat themselves. 

How did that work out for 'em?

I believe Mike said the same thing for the Wofford game.

MountieDawg

SEC!

Arazorbackguy1

The part I hate is the degradation of the game and UK's role in that.  I can't imagine being a fan of this system.  These kids could care less about being a wildcat or getting an education.  As a fan, I want the Portis' of the world, the kids that want to be a part of something they love and believe in.  One and done's don't care about any of that and that's why the early 90's basketball was so great.  Kids still cared about being a blue devil, razorback, or Jayhawk.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 08, 2015, 04:51:03 pm
The part I hate is the degradation of the game and UK's role in that.  I can't imagine being a fan of this system.  These kids could care less about being a wildcat or getting an education.  As a fan, I want the Portis' of the world, the kids that want to be a part of something they love and believe in.  One and done's don't care about any of that and that's why the early 90's basketball was so great.  Kids still cared about being a blue devil, razorback, or Jayhawk.

We all struggle with things we aren't sure about. This NCAAT was the highest rated tournament. The game is fine. Those kudos at Kentucky and Duke love their schools, most come back every summer to work out and help the new players. If Portis decides to go pro, that doesn't mean he no longer likes the Hogs. It just means that like all of us we would take a million dollar pay raise to play the game we love. There time to earn that money is limited. I assume if you had a child that loves his family but got a job offer 1,500 miles away to do what he loves and get paid well... You would let him move out of your house???
SEC!