Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dayshawn Watkins

Started by Hawg Red, April 06, 2015, 12:34:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

The_Iceman

Uncle SI

Take as a walk on anyday. Scholie nope.
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Omahabound

Dayshawn can play and is a great kid! Id give him a schollie!

yraciv

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on April 06, 2015, 04:09:20 pm

I'm sure he is a great kid, but he has no jumpshot and shot 28% from the field this season.  Granted he is also undersized, I don't think he is a major conference player.

jry04

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on April 06, 2015, 04:09:20 pm
Being a great kid does not earn you a scholarship when you are tight on scholarships. I would love to have him as a walk on, but he has not shot at a scholarship at Arkansas.

Omahabound

Quote from: jry04 on April 06, 2015, 04:14:17 pm
Being a great kid does not earn you a scholarship when you are tight on scholarships. I would love to have him as a walk on, but he has not shot at a scholarship at Arkansas.
He has a shot at a scholarship....Anderson recruited him hard but never offered because he already had Beard committed..and Dayshwan really wanted to be a hog.

Dayshawn can shoot..he actually shoots it really well. Just hard to get in a rhythm when you only play 8 mpg.

He would be a great pick up. Maybe you don't offer him now, let him walk on and earn it, but hes a player.

bigdaddyhawg

I've got an idea: let's let go of a larger, more talented guard who has three years of eligibility left in the program to get a kid who is less talented, small, and only has one, maybe two years of eligibility left, AFTER that kid has changed programs, which means we won't have him at all next year.

Excellent!! 

/sarcasm off
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Omahabound

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 06, 2015, 04:19:39 pm
I've got an idea: let's let go of a larger, more talented guard who has three years of eligibility left in the program to get a kid who is less talented, small, and only has one, maybe two years of eligibility left, AFTER that kid has changed programs, which means we won't have him at all next year.

Excellent!! 

/sarcasm off
doucher! sarcasm off

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Iceman

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 06, 2015, 04:34:17 pm
Truth hurts, I know, I know.

We can do better than Watkins. We need to do better. I hope he transfers somewhere that fits him, but it won't be here.

Hawg Red

Watkins would have been better suited to the school he originally signed with -- UAB out of C-USA.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 06, 2015, 04:45:06 pm
We can do better than Watkins. We need to do better. I hope he transfers somewhere that fits him, but it won't be here.

Nothing against the kid, but I find your comment encouraging.

jry04

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on April 06, 2015, 04:18:14 pm
He has a shot at a scholarship....Anderson recruited him hard but never offered because he already had Beard committed..and Dayshwan really wanted to be a hog.

Dayshawn can shoot..he actually shoots it really well. Just hard to get in a rhythm when you only play 8 mpg.

He would be a great pick up. Maybe you don't offer him now, let him walk on and earn it, but hes a player.
I can assure you that he does not have a shot at this moment.

GatorHog

Beard, Bell, Manny, Durham, Whitt.

mbgrulz

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas barring a rash of roster turnover is probably not going to add anymore guards to the 2015 class (door only open to KA) focused on SF/PF types.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawg Red

This was posted here because Watkins is an Arkansas kid, not as a suggestion for addition.