Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're #21 in the AP Poll

Started by Hogfaniam, December 15, 2014, 10:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Nice.... I thought we'd be close on us making it or not.  Hopefully this guys the guys a little added motivation going into Athens.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

PonderinHog

Quote from: -Blu on January 05, 2015, 11:39:43 am
Nice.... I thought we'd be close on us making it or not.  Hopefully this guys the guys a little added motivation going into Athens.
Knowing our luck, it will motivate Georgia.

TomBigBeeHog

Do we take the bait?  :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

-Blu

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 05, 2015, 11:43:21 am

Worked out well for us against SMU.  We had just entered the top 25 when we played them.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawg Red

Hope this time sticks. Tough game tomorrow night but I'm not writing it off as many have.

latrops

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 05, 2015, 11:43:21 am

Maybe it is a good thing.  If attendance is good and there is an energy in the gym, maybe we play well.  Our energy level on the road does sometimes seem tied to the size and enthusiasm of the home crowd.  Georgia fans should show up for the start of conference play against a ranked team.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The_Iceman

poloprince

Recognize we're back  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

hogfan10

Quote from: jbcarol on January 05, 2015, 11:56:36 am
http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball

23. Arkansas

Now we need to string some conference wins together to get further into the Top 25. We really need to solidify ourselves, so that each loss doesn't knock us out, and then leaving us out of the Big Tournament.

Mick Hogger

It helps a lot to see us on that top 25 ticker that's scrolling with scores. Otherwise, we won't get near as much exposure based on who we've been.

Carpe diem.

GO HOGS!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

phadedhawg

Just in time to play a road game...lol

The AP poll is trolling us I tell ya'

jry04

#25 in usa today, and an 8 seed in the latest bracketology.

hog.goblin

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

It starts at 4 pm on the West Coast.  I may leave early to watch it.  Last time I did that, against Iowa State we lost.  I'm very superstitious so I may just record it.

hog.goblin

alaback

bigred223

popcornhog

Quote from: latrops on January 05, 2015, 12:22:11 pm
Maybe it is a good thing.  If attendance is good and there is an energy in the gym, maybe we play well.  Our energy level on the road does sometimes seem tied to the size and enthusiasm of the home crowd.  Georgia fans should show up for the start of conference play against a ranked team.

I was at the game in Ames. ISU fans were mocking this mantra.
WPS

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 24, 2014, 09:22:31 am
Beating these 200+ RPI teams isn't going to get us back into the top 25. The voters don't trust us on the road and neither should you. We're only a top 40 team right now, not top 25.
You promise?

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Hogfaniam

Latest, greatest.

LSU and Bama getting votes. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

jbcarol

http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/ua2/2014

How they voted...

Fletcher Mackel, WDSU-TV, New Orleans threw the Hogs a #13 vote.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

alaback

Quote from: jbcarol on January 12, 2015, 06:34:57 pm

How they voted...

Fletcher Mackel, WDSU-TV, New Orleans threw the Hogs a #13 vote.

I find it amusing that 3 of the 4 voters who didn't put us in their Top 25 all voted for Dayton even though we handled them quite easily.

hog.goblin

Quote from: alaback on January 12, 2015, 07:16:31 pm
I find it amusing that 3 of the 4 voters who didn't put us in their Top 25 all voted for Dayton even though we handled them quite easily.

I can think of a word, but it's not "amusing"

jbcarol

Ron Morris (South Carolina based columnist) threw the Hogs a #19 vote.

Hogfaniam

Hogsmo Kramer

Annnnnd he's down again.....
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

jry04

Boardon Hamsay

We're just having a good bleed right now in between rankings.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

jbcarol

jbcarol

forrest city joe

Being ranked 27th is good. we are one of the top 27 teams in all of college basketball. which mean Mike Anderson is doing an outstanding job. GO HOG and GO MIKE ANDERSON.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Dang it - put your money on us to lose against Tenner tomorrow night. We are ranked 25th in the USA Today standings now. CURSES!
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

forrest city joe

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 26, 2015, 12:30:46 pm
Go make a banner. 

In all seriousness, why don't you make a sig line with this so you don't have to post it repeatedly...
In all seriousness, why don't you make a sig line with this so you don't have to post it repeatedly...
Same reason some of you won't stop bashing Mike Anderson. that's why.

Hoggish1

We're close again.  When we fight our way into the top 25 for the 3rd time, I don't want to leave again...

Mark Martin Fan

The sad thing is, we should be 18-1 and in the top 15.  Hopefully we start playing defense very soon.  If we can't win with the group we have now...well, it could be a long wait. 
But I'm not giving up the faith...but I'm not drinking the kool-aid either. 
GO HOGS!!
Hog Fan for Life!!!!

hog.goblin

Quote from: Mark Martin Fan on January 26, 2015, 01:22:58 pm
The sad thing is, we should be 18-1 and in the top 15.  Hopefully we start playing defense very soon.  If we can't win with the group we have now...well, it could be a long wait. 
GO HOGS!!

A lot of wisdom right here

WarPig88

Quote from: Mark Martin Fan on January 26, 2015, 01:22:58 pm
GO HOGS!!

Since we are doing should haves, we should be 19-0.

If you are going to be a dreamer, go whole hog! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jbcarol

A&M is getting some love from voters doing an early reveal of their ballots.

jbcarol

jbcarol

How they voted:

South Carolina columnist and Ball Coach arch-enemy Ron Morris continues to be the Hogs' top supporter with a 19 vote.  He has A&M at 20.

Among the other 8 who threw Arkansas vote was LSU writer Randy Rosetta.

revolution

A&M'S next five games - on the road against Ole Miss and Missouri, home against GA, Fla and LSU. How many will they win? I say two.

rusvegashog

If we can somehow stay unranked we might win out.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbcarol on February 02, 2015, 11:04:48 am
A&M is getting some love from voters doing an early reveal of their ballots.

They are doing good now, and then adding this class next year:

http://tamu.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Commits

I've heard their $pecial tactic$ in recruiting are paying off.

Danny J

Quote from: revolution on February 02, 2015, 12:43:25 pm
A&M'S next five games - on the road against Ole Miss and Missouri, home against GA, Fla and LSU. How many will they win? I say two.
3 minimum probably 4. They are really really good and now that Jones is back in the lineup they look even better.