Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just a Thought on Buyout Money....

Started by BR, November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 am Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:34:10 am by BR
Razorbacks on the Hook so far for.........
Long 4 Million Plus, Bielema 5-6 Mil depends on how you read Contract

So now we are 10 Mil Plus deep in Buy-Outs, You think we are going another 5 Mil to Buy out another Coaches Contract?

Just a Question, it is something to consider..

This is based on start on 2017 Season, IF THEY get Terminated  (PLEASE READ IT)   http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Got this off of another posters page
Buyout if the coach chooses to leave (not get fired):
Gus: Contracts for any assist coaches not coming with him or staying at aub.
Norvell: $500k
Campbell: $6.4 million
Brohm: $5.9-4.9 million
Petrino: $4.25 million
Frost: $3 million
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

BR

hog1984

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 am

So now we are 10 Mil Plus deep in Buy-Outs, You think we are going another 5 Mil to Buy out another Coaches Contract?

Malzahn could be free if Auburn fires him. Maybe we pay him $1 per year while he rides the Auburn buyout?

BR

November 19, 2017, 07:02:25 am #4 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:33:29 am by BR
NM

parallaxpig

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 06:54:21 am

This is based on start on 2016 https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/10/26/college-football-coach-salary-database-contract-buyout-language/92712348/

Bielema is 10-12 Mil...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

BR

JaketheSnake

BB may leave on his own for a job.  JL's firing may have convinced Bb to move on and the BOT saved money getting rid of JL if it encourages B.B. to move on.

BR

November 19, 2017, 07:13:17 am #8 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:32:55 am by BR
NM

BR

November 19, 2017, 07:22:16 am #9 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:33:09 am by BR
NM

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 07:13:17 am
Mike Gundy's  13.8 mil  WOW
Sumlin's  $10.4
Jimbow's  $39 Mil
Matt Campbell $9 Mil
Mike Norvell $4.9 Mil
Gus $6.8
PJ Fleck $9.8
Mike Leach $4.9
Scott Frost $4.1

Those are the number if they get fired. There are different number if they leave on their own.

For example Jimbo would be around 10-15 mil
https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2016/12/19/14013468/jimbo-fisher-contract-salary-extension-fsu-florida-state

BR

A lot of these Coaches OWE current schools Loan's, that Bought out Previous Contracts..  That MUST be repaid if they leave own their own free will... 

BR

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 19, 2017, 07:23:30 am
Those are the number if they get fired. There are different number if they leave on their own.

THANK YOU..... You are correct..      For most of them yes, some it is the same ..   Plus a lot of them have some Big Ass loans they have to repay..

ur

It looks like Leach's buyout, if he leaves, is either $1.35 million or $900k. A little difficult to understand. I think it is 1.35 through December.
https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars-football/2015/9/5/9267249/fire-mike-leach-contract-washington-state

3kgthog

Quote from: ur on November 19, 2017, 11:36:20 am
It looks like Leach's buyout, if he leaves, is either $1.35 million or $900k. A little difficult to understand. I think it is 1.35 through December.
https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars-football/2015/9/5/9267249/fire-mike-leach-contract-washington-state

Good. Let some other school pay it. I hope we don't. He'd be terrible here as would Kiffin.

davehog

I suspect there is some leverage at play with CBB's buyout.

I wouldn't worry much about whatever $ figure is out there in the public realm.

BR

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 19, 2017, 11:43:46 am
Good. Let some other school pay it. I hope we don't. He'd be terrible here as would Kiffin.
Your opinion .... Others differ

East Clintwood

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 07:06:40 am
No it is $5.7 Million.

The contract with the university is 5.7.

However, it's also been recently discussed that he has another buyout in place with the Razorback foundation of approximately 5 to 6 million.  We can't see that contract (private foundation).

There's also about 2 mil in buyouts for the assistants.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

BR

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 19, 2017, 12:11:54 pm

The contract with the university is 5.7.

However, it's also been recently discussed that he has another buyout in place with the Razorback foundation of approximately 5 to 6 million.  We can't see that contract (private foundation).

There's also about 2 mil in buyouts for the assistants.
a buyout to the foundation, that the school would have to pay??   if the foundation has to pay it , it's a private matter that doesn't apply here. 

ricepig

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 12:18:24 pm
a buyout to the foundation, that the school would have to pay??   if the foundation has to pay it , it's a private matter that doesn't apply here. 

The RF is paying off what his contract entails, they are the third party guarantee for the contract. Everyone says there is another contract with the RF, but the only amount in his contract not paid by them is the amount allowed by the state maximum amount allowed.

BR

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 12:32:41 pm
The RF is paying off what his contract entails, they are the third party guarantee for the contract. Everyone says there is another contract with the RF, but the only amount in his contract not paid by them is the amount allowed by the state maximum amount allowed.
Thank you

ipigsooie

You are contractually obligated to pay for gus assistants whether they come or not. They make an estimated 3 mill per year. Plus the 5 plus we pay Gus. Kevin Steele alone makes 1.3 million and I doubt he comes. We get to pay that salary for him to stay at auburn. It's widely known that he wants to stay in alabama

ricepig

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 12:39:19 pm
You are contractually obligated to pay for gus assistants whether they come or not. They make an estimated 3 mill per year. Plus the 5 plus we pay Gus. Kevin Steele alone makes 1.3 million and I doubt he comes. We get to pay that salary for him to stay at auburn. It's widely known that he wants to stay in alabama

If the new coach at Auburn retains anyone on the current staff, you don't have to pay their salary.

ipigsooie

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 12:41:19 pm
If the new coach at Auburn retains anyone on the current staff, you don't have to pay their salary.
Gotcha. I thought it read that he was liable for any coaches salary that he leaves behind.

East Clintwood

East Clintwood

It most certainly does apply here.

The Razorback Foundation exists for one reason - to support the UofA athletic department and teams.  Every dollar that they pay out for whatever reason is one less dollar that they could be using to build facilities or hire coaches.

Hogwild

QuoteCampbell: $6.4 million

That's off by $3 million

QuoteIf Campbell does leave for another job, there is a 100-percent buyout, meaning if he terminates the contract at any point before Dec. 31, 2021, Iowa State will not owe him another penny. There is not a contract termination fee but the school is owed the entirety of the remaining contract amount if he leaves, which would be $9.4 million after this season.

ur

RockyMtnHog

The U of A has boosters with very deep pockets. A total of $40 million is pocket change for some boosters and they will donate whatever it takes to right the ship.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

parallaxpig

It's part of his buy out so it does apply.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,