Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When was the Gus plan set in place?

Started by mj4president, November 16, 2017, 10:51:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Over a month? Year?

Who got the ball rolling? Mike, can you help?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Gladstonesmoans

Beaverfever

Around week four this season it became obvious that the Gus/Auburn situation was becoming increasingly toxic.  Around the same time it became obvious that Arkansas was going to be in the market for a new coach at the end of the season.  The timing is definitely right.  Gus saw what happened to Miles at LSU and auburn fans are even more ate up with Bama jealousy. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: Gladstonesmoans on November 16, 2017, 10:53:15 pm
Should have been in 2007!!!
There were a few of us saying this but it was laughed off at the time. 

Hollywood870

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 16, 2017, 11:08:36 pm
I was laughed at.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Yeah but was it based on any inside info or just a lucky guess? You know the thing about the 10000 monkeys with typewriters right?
If you on the other hand know the answer to the OP's question, well that would be another story.

moses_007

From what I understand the BOT has working on all this for several months.  As to when they actually offered the job to Gus, we may never know.  But it is clear now that they have, and that he's coming.  He wants out of Auburn, Arkansas wants him, so he has accepted. 

The tweet a couple days ago by Mitch Mustain should have tipped everyone off that Gus was coming home.  Mitch is moving back to Fayetteville.  I guarantee you Gus has offered him a coaching position on his staff.

Pork Twain

As well you should have been.  It was all too fresh and some years needed to be added on to the program before it was ready for this.  Not unlike Mike being here now, but not when Nolan was canned. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Potosihog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 03:40:22 am
From what I understand the BOT has working on all this for several months.  As to when they actually offered the job to Gus, we may never know.  But it is clear now that they have, and that he's coming.  He wants out of Auburn, Arkansas wants him, so he has accepted. 

The tweet a couple days ago by Mitch Mustain should have tipped everyone off that Gus was coming home.  Mitch is moving back to Fayetteville.  I guarantee you Gus has offered him a coaching position on his staff.

Might want to check out his other tweets from the 15th.  He's trolling.

RebelliousHog

I doubt the BOT leaks info like that.
I doubt they offered a job to Gus without Aubie knowing. That would be so unethical, it would likely get us sanctioned.
I doubt it is "clear" they have. Speculation is not clear. Unless you can show it in black and white (pics or it didn't happen, as they say in the Tavern) it is NOT "clear".
I doubt he has accepted at this point. Even Gus ain't that under-handed.
I may want out of Aubie, but in reality, there are better gigs than Arkansas for him.
Why would we offer a job to MM who has ZERO coaching experience?  And why would we hire a HC who would?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hogfansince79

Quote from: HenduHog on November 17, 2017, 02:06:08 pm
I doubt the BOT leaks info like that.
I doubt they offered a job to Gus without Aubie knowing. That would be so unethical, it would likely get us sanctioned.
I doubt it is "clear" they have. Speculation is not clear. Unless you can show it in black and white (pics or it didn't happen, as they say in the Tavern) it is NOT "clear".
I doubt he has accepted at this point. Even Gus ain't that under-handed.
I may want out of Aubie, but in reality, there are better gigs than Arkansas for him.
Why would we offer a job to MM who has ZERO coaching experience?  And why would we hire a HC who would?

Now... stop bringing common sense to the table... you're ruining the Gus bus people's fantasies.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

East TN HAWG

RebelliousHog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 17, 2017, 05:33:24 pm
Grad asst?

That's not what people are claiming. If they had made that the claim then  MAYBE that's ok.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Rudy Baylor

Lord God have mercy

this is actually why it's not going to happen - people like you

Tusks

Started after TCU, picked up outside steam (Dallas alums) after A/M, at it's peek after USCe and then finalized after Auburn.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

scaldedhog

Quote from: Potosihog on November 17, 2017, 07:43:21 am
Might want to check out his other tweets from the 15th.  He's trolling.
I like to troll.  Drop a minner 15-17 feet and hang on.
Make Arkansas Football great again

RebelliousHog