Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outstanding road win by Mike Anderson and the hogs!

Started by forrest city joe, January 23, 2018, 08:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 23, 2018, 09:12:13 pm
We are not well coached but I'm always happy with a win especially on the road!

You should run for political office!

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Always much more fun nights when we win. Great win. Very surprised. I wish we had a little more structure to the offense and get Gaff more involved but its a W and I'll take it and be happy.

Still not playing as well as we were in Nov-Dec but its a top 50 road win. We dont have many of those.

gchamblee

We didn't win this game because of coaching or great offense, because there was none. We won this game because of talent. And I will give CMA credit for having enough talent to go on the road and win with talent alone. It feels good to be able to do that.

WBOBO

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 23, 2018, 09:14:31 pm
on your side Joe..
How many wins has Arkansas won at Florida for all you trivia people?
Answer.  0
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hawgball40

wasn't nothing outstanding about it fcj. We beat a mediocre team coached by one of the worst coaches in our conference by 3 in double overtime. we can do better and we are better than this, and its time for this fanbase to acknowledge and uphold the standard of excellence set by the master, one Mr. Nolan Richardson. This is Nolan's program and the protege has to step it up another notch, or we need to identify the next person who looks like he might can and get him hired as the next coach.

The OTR

elksnort

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2018, 09:32:28 pm
We didn't win this game because of coaching or great offense, because there was none. We won this game because of talent. And I will give CMA credit for having enough talent to go on the road and win with talent alone. It feels good to be able to do that.
well said and very accurate

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Karma on January 23, 2018, 08:12:21 pm
As much as you love the Hogs (which I don't question), you love trolling people on Hogville more.

Celebrating a team's win on the board dedicated to that team is trolling.

Peak Hogville Jumpball right here.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PygmalionEffect2

We won?

Wow, I'll have to watch a replay.

Nice move by Mike to get our hopes up.

You can't crush people's hopes for the seventh year in a row if they've lost hope.

Shrewd.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 23, 2018, 09:36:49 pm
wasn't nothing outstanding about it fcj. We beat a mediocre team coached by one of the worst coaches in our conference by 3 in double overtime. we can do better and we are better than this, and its time for this fanbase to acknowledge and uphold the standard of excellence set by the master, one Mr. Nolan Richardson. This is Nolan's program and the protege has to step it up another notch, or we need to identify the next person who looks like he might can and get him hired as the next coach.

Top 50 RPI team amongst 300 plus D1 schools is not mediocre. On their homecourt, that is considered a hgih quality win at the NCAA tournament vetting table.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

naturalbornpigger

Amen!  Mike Anderson was present - that's about it.  As a team, no execution whatsoever on offense.  Georgia had no answer at all for Macon in 2H.  Hot shooting by Macon and mediocre play by Georgia swung it our way. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 23, 2018, 09:36:49 pm

Might can

razorpimp

This is 100% correct but he also won over the refs....but a good team has to be able to overcome refs on the road

hawgball40

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 23, 2018, 09:40:29 pm
Top 50 RPI team amongst 300 plus D1 schools is not mediocre. On their homecourt, that is considered a hgih quality win at the NCAA tournament vetting table.
the product on the court though is mediocre. no matter how you slice it, its still a darn sandwich. eat up

hawgball40

KlubhouseKonnected

hawgball40

k.c.hawg

I would never consider it coaching when a coach:

Sits down a senior and starts a freshman that has been unproductive to try and get the freshman going. Said freshman scores 7 early and is the only one scoring early. Senior comes in off the bench and scores 8 and plays one of his better games of the year.

Looking for more balanced scoring between bench and starters coach sits senior guard to start......has a scoring drought early but ultimately some points out of traditional bench plaeyers and balances starters to bench at 39 point to 41 points in an 80 point game.

Sits the ever popular but overmatched/overwhelmed freshman center at crunch time for the overweight highly criticized senior who makes 1/2 at the line at a critical point and gets the block with 2 seconds left to preserve the win.

I know none of this is coaching......only x's and o's are coaching. Managing ego's, personalities and confidence has nothing to do with coaching. So no, coaching had nothing to do with it. DA.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

WBOBO

We are on a two game win streak and got Okie Lt. on deck at the Bud.
There is a an old hog saying that needs to be passed again.
HOW BOUT DEM HOGS!!!
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

PonderinHog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 23, 2018, 09:49:17 pm

Sits down a senior and starts a freshman that has been unproductive to try and get the freshman going. Said freshman scores 7 early and is the only one scoring early. Senior comes in off the bench and scores 8 and plays one of his better games of the year.

Looking for more balanced scoring between bench and starters coach sits senior guard to start......has a scoring drought early but ultimately some points out of traditional bench plaeyers and balances starters to bench at 39 point to 41 points in an 80 point game.

Sits the ever popular but overmatched/overwhelmed freshman center at crunch time for the overweight highly criticized senior who makes 1/2 at the line at a critical point and gets the block with 2 seconds left to preserve the win.

I know none of this is coaching......only x's and o's are coaching. Managing ego's, personalities and confidence has nothing to do with coaching. So no, coaching had nothing to do with it. DA.
Sure sounds like coaching to me.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Karma on January 23, 2018, 08:26:56 pm
He wants to fight by asking where are the people who said we would lose. Notice he's absent when we do lose.

In his defence when we lose I don't come on here either I also don't watch any sports news for a few days.   If I do I just get mad

Pigsear

I'm always glad when the Hogs win, but I've said for a while now that the Hogs are going nowhere under Anderson. Nothing has happened so far this season to change my mind. I hope he proves me wrong.

RazorPiggie

Lol I love how you put Mike Anderson before the Hogs. Title should read "Outstanding road win by the Hogs and Mike Anderson." But I know CMA is more important to you than the Hogs.

hamsam

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 23, 2018, 08:11:25 pm
What a huge road win! 80 to 77 hogs baby! What a tough  and gritty road win! (oh, I forgot hogs can,t win on the road) Where are all the folks that said the hogs would lose tonight.Hogs came from 16 points down to win it. I LOVE IT BABY!

can,t??? Gawsh freakin' damn!!

BTW, the PLAYERS won this one Joe!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

gchamblee

Well, I was giving CMA a compliment in recruiting the kind of talent that can win on talent alone. However, since you called me a dumbass Ill respond. You do not offend me if you want to give the coach credit for the win, I really don't care as long as we win. But when your offense for nearly every single SEC game played is pass the ball around the perimeter until there is 10 seconds on the SC and then watch the guy that has the ball play 1v3 and force a shot, even a modicum of coaching would translate to trying something different. When you watch your players absolutely ignore your highly talented Big and use him only for rebounds as a safety net for forced shots under duress and do absolutely nothing about it, you aren't coaching.

There is no excuse for not just underutilizing a quality Big, but ignoring him completely. Most of DG's points come from offensive rebounds. He should get 20 points a game just off of feeds since we have solid 3 point shooters that demand a defense to extend out to cover. Coaching can fix this problem, but nothing will change as long as he chooses to spectate and just tell them things like "they punkin you" and "Show some energy". Hey coach, how about telling them for the next 10 minutes do nothing but feed the ball to DG and force the other team to either foul someone out or foul DG out, but by God feed the man? It would pay off in huge dividends. It obviously isn't practiced or stressed in practice, so might as well practice it in the games.

As I said in my original post, it feels good to win a game on the road with talent alone and CMA gets all the credit for recruiting that talent. Im happy we won and Im sorry I hurt your feelings for crediting the players for the win instead of the coach. Maybe next win the offense will look different or we will feed our Bigs or we will run some set plays and I can give the man the reach around so you aren't offended. However, if we run the exact same run the clock down/drive 1v3 and force a shot offense that we have been doing in every game, win or lose I know what my opinion will be. I'll be happy for the win, I'll be happy for the talent and I'll be happy for the effort, but I will not fabricate solid coaching when it doesn't exist.

And for the record, I love CMA.

WPS

CapitalCityHawg

Quote from: hamsam on January 23, 2018, 10:32:40 pm
can,t??? Gawsh freakin' damn!!

BTW, the PLAYERS won this one Joe!

Who recruited them?

gchamblee

Also, I've never coached a lick of basketball, but I could pick a lineup for our games that would rival the lineups CMA is picking. You act like that is something difficult. Most of the people on Hogville could pick a good lineup from our roster. Picking your starters is easy, telling them what to do is the hard part.

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on January 23, 2018, 09:38:39 pm
well said and very accurate
Pure garbage. you haters may as well give it up.you lost tonight.and Mike is going to be the coach here.stop your whining.it so pisses you haters off when Arkansas wins. I FREAKING LOVE IT!

3kgthog

I don't feel the least bit bad about picking them to lose. I'll do it again before the season is over and it might be Saturday. At least they finally manned up tonight instead of laying down.

Does tonight change my opinion about them being a good team? Nope. It was a battle of NIT quality teams. Nothing I saw tonight convinced me that these Hogs are going to storm their way to the NCAAT and shock the world. But at least I show up after wins. I guarantee you FCJ won't show up after the next ass whipping the Hogs take.

Gonzo

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 23, 2018, 08:15:58 pm
When people slam OUR team and coach sticking it in their face is trolling?

Uh, yeah, purposely poking other folks in the eye is trolling, not really a difficult concept for those who wish to look with objective eyes. Goes on far too much from all sides.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on January 23, 2018, 08:20:42 pm
Any road win is awesome.

With this I wholeheartedly agree. Road wins are great, especially when needed to counter some home losses. The SEC is clearly a tougher crowd than it has been lately.

Go Hogs!

riccoar

Great win, BUT, win the next 3 and we can talk.  The next two road games will require same effort from Macon and Barford PLUS Gafford.  I think he was the only thing not clicking last night.

HogBreath

Quote from: jst01 on January 23, 2018, 08:13:41 pm
I just wanna see Hogs placed before Mike in a sentence. Just once.
FCJ calling the Mikes.

Woo  Mike's.....Mikey.
Woo  Mike's.....Mikey.
Mike is back.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 23, 2018, 09:38:45 pm
Celebrating a team's win on the board dedicated to that team is trolling.

Peak Hogville Jumpball right here.

Celebrating is fine. Calling out other posters in your OP and celebrating "Mike's win" is trolling. It's really old but he is a master. Skandar could learn a thing or two.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ifghog

Glad we won but I see the same deficiencies we all see weekly. Nothing has changed. GA just isn't very good. We are an average team at this point. We can be better but Mike's gotta do a little better.  I love the Hogs and I am pumped about our win! I am a CMA fan but....he has some work to do to get this team to play to their potential. We are underachieving without question. I have hope we can turn it around. 

DeltaBoy

Big win on the Road!  Good Lord there was crying B ing and such most of the evening on Facebook hog can pages!
Have Faith!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hamsam

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on January 23, 2018, 10:37:34 pm
Who recruited them?

Promises of the return of Nolan... not him coming back but parlaying his success.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 24, 2018, 06:57:29 am
Big win on the Road!  Good Lord there was crying B ing and such most of the evening on Facebook hog can pages!
Have Faith!

I have no idea what that says.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

The_Iceman

Outside of recruiting Macon and Barford, Mike Anderson had very little to do with the win at Georgia, especially at the end of the game.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 23, 2018, 08:15:58 pm
When people slam OUR team and coach sticking it in their face is trolling?
his is one of the faces that your shoving it in. He probably hates CMA and predicted a beatdown.
I predicted a Hogs win and I'm on here smiling. 😂 😂 😂
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 24, 2018, 07:15:17 am
his is one of the faces that your shoving it in. He probably hates CMA and predicted a beatdown.
I predicted a Hogs win and I'm on here smiling. 😂 😂 😂

Here's the thing, gloating and shoving it in your face is the same as the fire mike anderson crap. Wanting to start an argument. Thats trolling. But it's pretty much what most people do these days anyway so might as well enjoy it.

Nickle-Pig

This should go a long way toward the rest of our season.
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

The OTR

Have Faith!

Now I understand why most of your posts are just one or two words. 

Albert Einswine

Have Faith!

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 24, 2018, 07:04:30 am
I have no idea what that says.

There was crying and bitching on Razorback facebook fan pages last night, but the Hogs won.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 23, 2018, 08:22:45 pm
The trolls are the ones who come on here after every Hog lost saying fire Mike Anderson. those people can go kick rocks tonight.GREAT WIN HOGS.I LOVE IT!

Fantastic win on the road, despite MA. WTH kind of crap did we run coming out of the last couple of time outs? 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 24, 2018, 07:36:52 am

There was crying and bitching on Razorback facebook fan pages last night, but the Hogs won.

Ahhhhhhh. Thanks. I read that five times. Usually can figure it out but not this time.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 24, 2018, 07:57:37 am
Ahhhhhhh. Thanks. I read that five times. Usually can figure it out but not this time.

I don't speak Delta, but I can translate it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Little Lady Back

We needed this win on the road and got it! The team showed some dog in them by not giving up and clawing back to win the game. I thought that Thompson and Beard had a solid game and played really well. Kudos to Macon for having the hot hand down the stretch, but without Barford, the Hogs would have never been in a position to even win the game. On to the next. Go Hogs! Beat Okla State!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt