Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big win for the Hogs.i love it Hogs 97 Olre Miss 93

Started by forrest city joe, January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Congrats to our players and coaches on a good win today.Ole Miss is a good team.and the Hogs found a way to get the job done.happy and proud of our team.and congrats to the fans on another sellout.Mike Anderson and the Hogs are selling out Bud Walton again.i love it. GO HOGS.

Mr. Porkleone

Great crowd. Loud crowd. Nice to hit 28/35 from the FT line.

3kgthog

In what world would anyone consider Ole Miss good?

Atlhogfan1

Only 1200 no shows. Not bad.  1000 vs Mizzou.  4000 vs LSU.  Big improvement over last couple of seasons.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jvanhorn

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 20, 2018, 05:04:14 pm

LOL, this.  Kennedy is a good coach though, but he doesn't have a good team this year.

forrest city joe

They beat Florida for a reason.and their backcourt is really good.sorry but you haters must get over it when the Hogs win. stop crying and enjoy every win.GO HOGS.

hdturner

A win against any SEC team is good. You can never take a win for granted. Ask  the Pittsburgh Steelers

maxhog5

C'mon man.  Ole Miss is one game over .500, haven't won a road game all year and we held them to 93 points.  Of course they're good.

forrest city joe

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 20, 2018, 05:13:52 pm

C'mon man.  Ole Miss is one game over .500, haven't won a road game all year and we held them to 93 points.  Of course they're good.
And we won. the Hogs won. and i know that pisses you Mike Anderson haters off. get over it!

26.2Hog

Ole Miss is 10-9, has a losing conference record, and was 98 in RPI before their loss today.  They probably won't make the NIT.

They are not a good team.  They are an average, or worse, team that can have a good game and beat a good team at home.

Nevertheless, I hate Ole Miss and am very happy the hogs won today.

The OTR

HogBreath

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:22:15 pm
And we won. the Hogs won. and i know that pisses you Mike Anderson haters off. get over it!
Exactly right Joe...great win, Rebs are not too bad a squad.

Fast forty rollercoaster going up.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HogsonHicks

Ole Miss is average at best, but the Hogs took care of business. Our defensive strategy remains a mystery, but the more defensive-minded starting lineup and offensive adjustments stood out.

I was happy to see a greater effort to get the ball into the paint and in Gafford's hands.

maxhog5

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:22:15 pm

In Joe's world the truth makes you a Mike Anderson hater.  It was a win.  All wins are good.  Ole Miss is not a good team however.

elksnort

Olre Miss made the game closer than it should have been.

razored

A 4 point win against a crappy ole piss team at home is nothing to CROW about
But alas some people relish wallowing in mediocrity

PharmacistHog

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 20, 2018, 05:34:24 pm
In Joe's world the truth makes you a Mike Anderson hater.  It was a win.  All wins are good.  Ole Miss is not a good team however.

And by the same token many posters will criticize mike no matter what. Its all ridiculous.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Dirty

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 20, 2018, 05:23:07 pm
Ole Miss is 10-9, has a losing conference record, and was 98 in RPI before their loss today.  They probably won't make the NIT.

They are not a good team.  They are an average, or worse, team that can have a good game and beat a good team at home.

Florida is bad to because they lost to OM

26.2Hog

Quote from: Dirty on January 20, 2018, 05:37:00 pm
Florida is bad to because they lost to OM

No.  I said Ole Miss is capable of having a good game and beating a good team at home.  That's what happened when they played Florida.

A lot of mediocre teams do that.

bkjbearcat

Ole Miss is a bad team. A win is still a win. STILL want MA fired at season's end. And yes, I don't care if he's a good mentor. Still want him fired.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

PharmacistHog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 20, 2018, 05:47:03 pm
Ole Miss is a bad team. A win is still a win. STILL want MA fired at season's end. And yes, I don't care if he's a good mentor. Still want him fired.

That's ridiculous. What if he makes a run then makes a good tournament run?
Millennials suck...

alohawg

Arkansas took a blowout win against, at best an average team, and turned it into a nail biting win, at home, yipee.
NIT NIT NIT....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

razorpimp

Oh FCJoe Anderson again you come on here raving About mediocre Mike and this team after a win and either don't show or tell everyone to calm down after a loss...

You can call me a hater all you want but I praised Your boy Anderson for raising the intensity of the team in the first 10-15 min of the game and said he must have got in their butts....he kept Macon and Barford separated some which I think this teams need....

That horrible, ineffective full court press allowed Ole Miss to get back in the game and made it interesting.  And the offense was a complete mirage, when they make all of those jacked up threes it looks good, but if they aren't falling wow they stink....

The defense was still way sub par and not good enough to allow this team to make some noise...

They beat an average Ole Miss team at home by 4, the same team that hasn't won away from Oxford

LumberBacks

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 05:49:06 pm
Not sure making a "run" in the NIT is that impressive

bkjbearcat

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 05:49:06 pm

Ya, Ya, Ya. I can also ask what if I win the lottery, discover oil in my back yard Beverly Hillbillies style. Be about as blind pie in the sky faith as a MA tournament run.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

cardsNhogs

This team is playing bad basketball. We don't play any defense giving up 90+ to ole miss in our building! This team is in trouble. Next 3 on the road they best get it together.

TushCrush

And how about Darius Hall? Good minutes from the kid.

Dropkick

Glad we got the win. Mike should be judged at the end of the year, a lot of things can change btw now and then.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 20, 2018, 06:04:13 pm

Ya, Ya, Ya. I can also ask what if I win the lottery, discover oil in my back yard Beverly Hillbillies style. Be about as blind pie in the sky faith as a MA tournament run.

Its ridiculous to call for the coach's head in the middle of the season.
Millennials suck...

3of5-2

bkjbearcat

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 06:12:08 pm

I had 6 and a half seasons to make up my mind. Yes, I would like for him to be fired at season't end.

The OTR

January 20, 2018, 06:18:39 pm #32 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:33:09 pm by Skandar Jackson
Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 06:12:08 pm

Might be the only thing you and I have ever agreed on.

TNhawgfan

Glad we won, but still very discouraged by what i saw. We had to make a ton of 3s to win because our D is so bad. The 3s won't always fall, as we've already seen, and when we don't score 90 we are in trouble. This game doesn't make me feel any better about the next 3 road games
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Sivad

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

cardsNhogs

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 20, 2018, 06:19:16 pm
Glad we won, but still very discouraged by what i saw. We had to make a ton of 3s to win because our D is so bad. The 3s won't always fall, as we've already seen, and when we don't score 90 we are in trouble. This game doesn't make me feel any better about the next 3 road games
Correct

Mr. Porkleone

Ole miss was good today. For the year not so great. It was a good home win but we barely survived. 2 NCAA's in year 7 not good enough. If we fail to make it this year, MA needs to be shown the door. Plain and simple. Now go back to bashing FCJ for his love of hogs and MA. 

ArkansasI

Seems to me our Hogs don't trust each other on offense, and our defensive scheme is flawed. These problems can be fixed, but not by Mike. Wash, rinse, repeat

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 20, 2018, 05:07:13 pm
LOL, this.  Kennedy is a good coach though, but he doesn't have a good team this year.
would like to see what Kennedy could do with Ark's talent. I have always thought Andy is a really good coach.  His teams play hard and don't give up plus they usually play with an edge-- especially the big men.  Usually he has "men" down low that punish our front court.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 20, 2018, 05:23:07 pm
Ole Miss is k10-9, has a losing conference record, and was 98 in RPI before their loss today.  They probably won't make the NIT.

this puts it in perspective and let's all be honest.  If there had been a couple more mins in the game today, the Rebs may have caught and passed us.  They were draining 3s and we were giving them wide open looks.  Thank goodness we hit our FTs today for the most part

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm
Congrats to our players and coaches on a good win today.Ole Miss is a good team.and the Hogs found a way to get the job done.happy and proud of our team.and congrats to the fans on another sellout.Mike Anderson and the Hogs are selling out Bud Walton again.i love it. GO HOGS.

Yes congrats, but not good enough in 2nd half.  I'm sure you would agree, would you not, Joe?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 20, 2018, 06:45:17 pm
this puts it in perspective and let's all be honest.  If there had been a couple more mins in the game today, the Rebs may have caught and passed us.  They were draining 3s and we were giving them wide open looks.  Thank goodness we hit our FTs today for the most part

If the three's don't fall for us we will lose every time.
Millennials suck...

elksnort

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 06:47:22 pm
If the three's don't fall for us we will lose every time.
completely agree.  Anton Beard was jacking up prayers and he made some and we won at home by 4.   Fools gold

hamsam

Lol. Joe says Olre Miss is a "good team".

What a joke. I only click on Joe's threads because I'm trying to get disability for stupidity. I figure reading his drivel may help.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

26.2Hog

Quote from: hamsam on January 20, 2018, 07:14:16 pm

What a joke. I only click on Joe's threads because I'm trying to get disability for stupidity. I figure reading his drivel may help.

Lol, blew snot all over my screen.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: hamsam on January 20, 2018, 07:14:16 pm

That signature line on FCJ is the best ever.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 05:31:16 pm
I agree. I hate olre miss.

You would be remiss to not hate olre miss. We must hate them. Always.
Hogs up! Covid down!

forrest city joe

Quote from: razorpimp on January 20, 2018, 05:55:49 pm
Oh FCJoe Anderson again you come on here raving About mediocre Mike and this team after a win and either don't show or tell everyone to calm down after a loss...

You can call me a hater all you want but I praised Your boy Anderson for raising the intensity of the team in the first 10-15 min of the game and said he must have got in their butts....he kept Macon and Barford separated some which I think this teams need....

That horrible, ineffective full court press allowed Ole Miss to get back in the game and made it interesting.  And the offense was a complete mirage, when they make all of those jacked up threes it looks good, but if they aren't falling wow they stink....

The defense was still way sub par and not good enough to allow this team to make some noise...

They beat an average Ole Miss team at home by 4, the same team that hasn't won away from Oxford

Stop your whining and Anderson hating and just enjoy the win. you are just pissed off that the Hogs won.get over it