Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Auburn support staffers placed on leave.

Started by rhog1, November 13, 2017, 03:19:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-basketball-bruce-pearl-frankie-sullivan-jordan-verhulst

Auburn announced Jordan VerHulst and Frankie Sullivan will be on administrative leave "until further notice." The Tigers are already down two players, sophomores Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy, due to eligibility concerns stemming from the investigation.

Part of the Investigation into the FBI scandal.  That's two players, an assistant coach and two staff members so far. Wonder how deep the cheating goes there. How does Bruce pearl still have a job?

HF#1

Pearl is expected to be relieved of his duties today.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rhog1

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 03:23:59 pm
Trey Schaap‏ @trey1037TheBuzz
27m27 minutes ago

I said last week Bruce Pearl will not coach the entire season at Auburn, looks like the end is coming today. Expected to be relieved of his duties soon.

I found this on twitter. You may be right.

Fan701

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 03:23:59 pm
Probably should have been a month ago.  I'll believe it when I see it.

rhog1

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/11/13/auburn-staff-members-administrative-leave-ncaa-fbi-investigation?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si
Additionally, Schlabach reports coach Bruce Pearl is refusing to cooperate with the investigation and his status going forward is still uncertain. Pearl has been with Auburn for four years since leaving ESPN where he served as a college basketball analyst following his six years as the coach at Tennessee. Pearl was fired from that job in 2011 after lying to the NCAA during an investigation about recruiting violations. A decision on Pearl's future should come within the week, according to Schlabach.

Looks like pearl is giving Auburn the finger and daring them to fire him.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rhog1 on November 13, 2017, 03:41:17 pm
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/11/13/auburn-staff-members-administrative-leave-ncaa-fbi-investigation?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si
Additionally, Schlabach reports coach Bruce Pearl is refusing to cooperate with the investigation and his status going forward is still uncertain. Pearl has been with Auburn for four years since leaving ESPN where he served as a college basketball analyst following his six years as the coach at Tennessee. Pearl was fired from that job in 2011 after lying to the NCAA during an investigation about recruiting violations. A decision on Pearl's future should come within the week, according to Schlabach.

Bye Bye Bruce...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

The_Iceman

No surprise. The bigger surprise is he didn't win there even while cheating.

HF#1

This will be the end of his career in coaching.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rhog1

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 04:01:51 pm
This will be the end of his career in coaching.
Yeah he better hope he can get back in at ESPN. No way he gets another NCAA job after this.

Paul

[/quote] 
His way of pleading the Fifth.  If he talks & lies, perjury;  if he tells the truth, he's franked anyway.  Remember this is the FBI

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 13, 2017, 03:53:11 pm
Bye Bye Bruce...
yep, Finebaum said it today, so if a firing is about to happen in the state of Alabama, Finebaum is all ears (literally) and mouth....in other words, he knows...Brucey going "bye bye"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HogFansReunited

I have always kind of liked Coach Pearl and respected him..... looks like I was wrong.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Iwastherein1969

November 13, 2017, 07:42:57 pm #12 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:30:47 am by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 13, 2017, 07:06:43 pm
I have always kind of liked Coach Pearl and respected him..... looks like I was wrong.
He is a character, perhaps that's what you liked in him. I thought he was a good coach but the biggest camera whore in the all of COACHDOM. I've never seen a coach in any other sport seek out the camera like Bruce Pearl. He'd find it and by God, more times than not he'd either get his mug on the screen or if he got lucky, he even got an interview. I'll never forget the night at Knoxville when the classy ladies coach, Pat Summit was gunning to win her 1,000th game and ESPN was televising the game nationally. All of the attention should have been on Coach Summit, it was her night. Yet there Pearl was, shirt off, chest painted orange on the front row (naturally) with the male student section jumping up and down like a loon. Now most people would say, "aw you are just kill-joy, Pearl was having fun", maybe, but he was doing his dead level best to get an interview. And finally the ESPN court reporter went over and interviewed Bruce. Well, after getting his mug on the tube and getting an interview his night was done. Pearl had successfully taken away about 20 minutes from the attention of one of the top 5 coaches in college basketball of all time, Ms. Pat Summit. There's no justice in this world.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.