Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Side Lines.

Started by Michael_E_Davis, July 19, 2017, 10:38:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

I was watching a re-run of the 2016 LSU and Auburn game,  and they showed the camera view from the LSU side lines,  and I was thinking it must be neat on the side lines,  you know?  Like, it's really big,  and there are fans or heaters, and like benches and medical stuff and drinks... you know?  Anyone been on the side lines?  Is it as neat as it looks?  Sorry, i'm high again.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

factchecker

You can use this interactive panorama to get an idea of what is on the sideline:

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/arkansas/football/20161008/?utm_source=bwsignup&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=arkansas2016

Here is a video taken by the ball boy during the Texas Bowl:

and SW Classic:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: factchecker on July 19, 2017, 10:45:56 pm
You can use this interactive panorama to get an idea of what is on the sideline:

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/arkansas/football/20161008/?utm_source=bwsignup&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=arkansas2016

Here is a video taken by the ball boy during the Texas Bowl:

and SW Classic:

That was awesome!!   How cool.  On the first video,  the catch by Keon Hatcher around 3:25 was incredible.  The side lines indeed.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

factchecker

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 19, 2017, 10:57:19 pm
That was awesome!!   How cool.  On the first video,  the catch by Keon Hatcher around 3:25 was incredible.  The side lines indeed.

A Razorback flag in a sea or burnt orange:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Fumble recovery for TD and the explosion from Razorback fans:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Michael_E_Davis

These are great!  I feel like I am on the side lines.  How cool!  Can a person a price to be on the side lines ever?  Is there like lawn chair seats on the side line with a beer holder?  :D

hogsanity

Quote from: factchecker on July 19, 2017, 11:16:04 pm
Sideline view of game winning PBU vs. Auburn in the 4th overtime:

The greatest sound of all time:

https://twitter.com/dj45williams/status/795031123780923393

Sideline view of student section vs. Ole Miss:

https://twitter.com/ElvisMoyaUA/status/787489485768445952

4th down stop of Chad Kelly:

https://twitter.com/dj45williams/status/787487490277904384

https://twitter.com/SEC_Chad/status/787670983557558274

So much for the myth that DWRRS is just not a very loud crowd.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tusks

Remember Hurts said the loudest place they played was DWRRS.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

goodguytex

Quote from: hogsanity on July 20, 2017, 10:34:37 am
I just got through watching last year's ole Miss game again. That game was a great one, as was the one the year before, which I'm currently watching. But last year's 4th down and 16 play, when Kelley has the ball and the broadcaster for ESPN actually says "we can feel razorback stadium shaking beneath our feet" and then we seal the win when the defensive player for the Hogs hits Kelley's arm as he's trying to run for the 1st down and knocks the ball out. That crowd went bonkers. Truly a great game!

factchecker

Quote from: tusked on July 20, 2017, 10:37:57 am
Remember Hurts said the loudest place they played was DWRRS.

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/814127234428661762

McElroy complimented the crowd as well:

https://twitter.com/Arkansas_Logo/status/784031139501477888

Quote from: goodguytex on July 20, 2017, 10:45:09 am
But last year's 4th down and 16 play, when Kelley has the ball and the broadcaster for ESPN actually says "we can feel razorback stadium shaking beneath our feet" and then we seal the win when the defensive player for the Hogs hits Kelley's arm as he's trying to run for the 1st down and knocks the ball out. That crowd went bonkers. Truly a great game!

Here is the clip:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

woodhog14

Quote from: hogsanity on July 20, 2017, 10:34:37 am

It cracks me up that our fans think that DWRRS is not very loud, when it is. There has been 3 starting QB's from the opposing team all say that DWRRS was the loudest place they have played and all 3 of these QB's started a game at LSU as well. Those QB's are:

Greg McIlroy - Bama QB
Jalen Hurts - Bama QB
Chad Kelly - Ole Miss

LRHog

Quote from: goodguytex on July 20, 2017, 10:45:09 am
I just got through watching last year's ole Miss game again. That game was a great one, as was the one the year before, which I'm currently watching. But last year's 4th down and 16 play, when Kelley has the ball and the broadcaster for ESPN actually says "we can feel razorback stadium shaking beneath our feet" and then we seal the win when the defensive player for the Hogs hits Kelley's arm as he's trying to run for the 1st down and knocks the ball out. That crowd went bonkers. Truly a great game!

Was there for every game last year... The only only game louder was Alabama at kick off... The start of that bama game when everyone thought we had a shot... UNREAL. I mean 5 minutes before kick off... the place was shaking... Like literally SHAKING. Then when the teams walked onto the field.... you couldn't hear yourself scream. It was out of this world cool and an experience I rank up there with the LSU game we had in baton rouge 2 years ago... Because theres just something magical about being in death valley and being able to talk to your friend on the other side of the field.

311Hog

DWRRS is very very loud when things get hyped.  I will say LSU's a way nastier kind of loud if you know what i am saying.

LRHog

Quote from: 311Hog on July 20, 2017, 10:58:09 am
DWRRS is very very loud when things get hyped.  I will say LSU's a way nastier kind of loud if you know what i am saying.

Only been to the game 2 years ago... so NO. I dont know what you're saying... cuz that place was quiet. Dead. Silence.

311Hog

Quote from: LRHog on July 20, 2017, 11:00:53 am
Only been to the game 2 years ago... so NO. I dont know what you're saying... cuz that place was quiet. Dead. Silence.

as in you are highly likely to get a cup of piss thrown on you if you are wearing red, and hear vulgarity unrivaled as far as i am aware if you want me to spell it out for you.

As far as decibel levels sure not the same.

LRHog

Quote from: 311Hog on July 20, 2017, 11:29:17 am
as in you are highly likely to get a cup of piss thrown on you if you are wearing red, and hear vulgarity unrivaled as far as i am aware if you want me to spell it out for you.

As far as decibel levels sure not the same.

Had none of those issues. You ever think maybe you're just pissing people off enough that they want to throw piss at you? :P

311Hog

Quote from: LRHog on July 20, 2017, 11:33:25 am
Had none of those issues. You ever think maybe you're just pissing people off enough that they want to throw piss at you? :P

it wasn't me, and i lived in LA for along time it wouldn't be me.  Fairly accepted that LSU fans are a bread unto themselves.

goodguytex

I got to go to the 2010 Arkansas/ bama game and the 2004 Arkansas/texass game. Those crowds were about as loud as I've ever heard at a razorback game, ever. I can't wait to get to go to a game when the stadium remodel is finished. I look forward to that stadium being the loudest, most intimidating stadium in football.

goodguytex

2 of my favorite wins at RRS we're the 2011 Arkansas/Tennessee game, and the 2010 Arkansas/LSU games. The crowds weren't quite as loud as some others. But the wins were super sweet. It was enjoyable watching that kneel down in victory formation to end the LSU game, after everyone were saying LSU we're so superior to us before the game.

And the Tennessee game... Those cocky Tennessee fans went there so sure they would beat us in 2011, then the Hogs dominated in so convincing a fashion those same arrogant Tennessee fans were leaving the game en masse before the 4th quarter rolled around.

311Hog

i am kinda partial to the win vs LSU in 2014 when fans rushed the field =)

this was pretty close to where the wife and i were sitting. it was so cold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBjDZOkOtfw

LRHog

Quote from: 311Hog on July 20, 2017, 12:44:26 pm
i am kinda partial to the win vs LSU in 2014 when fans rushed the field =)

this was pretty close to where the wife and i were sitting. it was so cold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBjDZOkOtfw

HAHA... Yeah buddy! It was cold as FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  - We were up in the nose bleeds dealing with the wind too. When there was 4 minutes left in the fourth I look over at my girl and im like... "Field?" she says "Woo Pig!" and we hopped on the elevator down and were at the student section right when it started. God what a game. Felt so good to end that SEC losing streak.

spe450

Quote from: goodguytex on July 20, 2017, 12:09:43 pm
2 of my favorite wins at RRS we're the 2011 Arkansas/Tennessee game, and the 2010 Arkansas/LSU games. The crowds weren't quite as loud as some others. But the wins were super sweet. It was enjoyable watching that kneel down in victory formation to end the LSU game, after everyone were saying LSU we're so superior to us before the game.

And the Tennessee game... Those cocky Tennessee fans went there so sure they would beat us in 2011, then the Hogs dominated in so convincing a fashion those same arrogant Tennessee fans were leaving the game en masse before the 4th quarter rolled around.

The 2010 game was in War Memorial