Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feel sorry for David Williams

Started by Wooderson, November 19, 2017, 07:32:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

David Williams should have got half of Whaley's carries.  He would have been a 1000 yard back and the team would have been better for it.  He is by far our best running back.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

TNhawgfan

Him only getting 7 or 8 carries yesterday is inexcusable
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ceegar

Half of Whaleys and all of Hammonds.  Sorry Hammonds lovers but He is not a running back.  Dynamic player in space but not behind the QB
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Why he did not get more touches at SC is still a mystery to me.  He runs hard and has pretty decent hands.  I thought he was our best back also.

micali

I said this while watching that he runs down hill and is a powerback.  BB should have run him into the ground yesterday but he cares for players safety so that must be why he didnt.  He's obviously our best back and should be the work horse.  I guess he promised Whaley's  mom he would split the carries because a blind man saw who the better back was yesterday.

Rzback

Whaley has been a disappointment for me from the get go. Definitely not a power back.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Wooderson

Hammond's needs to be our Percy Garvin
Give me liberty, or give me death!

rusvegashog

Hog Waller

Hammonds has happy feet, could not or would not hit the hole.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Rzback on November 19, 2017, 08:22:29 am
Whaley has been a disappointment for me from the get go. Definitely not a power back.

I'm sure he's been on suicide watch since learning of your disappointment.

You should take up bird watching or some other hobby that doesn't depend on 19 year old kids to provide your happiness.

code red

Still think that he will find a landing spot in the NFL. Scout see enough to know that he's an every-down back.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 19, 2017, 07:47:17 am
Him only getting 7 or 8 carries yesterday is inexcusable
Well you have to understand he was never going to get more than that with all the others being given to T.J. Hammonds. Can't have everyone getting an equal amount you know ??? ::) ;)

Piggfoot

Quote from: ceegar on November 19, 2017, 08:04:46 am
Half of Whaleys and all of Hammonds.  Sorry Hammonds lovers but He is not a running back.  Dynamic player in space but not behind the QB
Bielema/Enos has too many tells. When Hammonds is in he can't block for a pass. Can't run between the tackles. Like Wingo he's gonna try to bounce it outside. Defence s have caught on. I hate this offense.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

N HOG

I have really been impressed with how hard David Williams has played this year.

It's one of the few bright spots of the season.

Hoggish1

Misuse of personnel and weird calls (4-2 on your side of 50, yesterday) have been the hallmark of this coach.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Rzback on November 19, 2017, 08:22:29 am

I think what we're seeing is the impact of a garbage o-line, and how it can ruin the season of a pretty good QB and some pretty good RBs. imo.

DemiHOG

Our running backs are all overrated by most,

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TomasPistola

Well, out O-Line has been pretty much shite the last two years. Not all his fault at all.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

zebradynasty

Williams was pretty decent but no way he or any back that has ever played for the UA rushes for a 1000 yards with this OL! Whaley will be OK Belima's belief that every back must be at least 230 lbs helped in his regression. He was much more explosive and shifty last season. Bulked up and slowed down! Hammonds is NOT a RB at least not full time he should be a slot WR.

PorkRinds

Yep. Poor guy got free college and had to play the sport he loves to get it. Oh the horror.

swineology

Quote from: Wooderson on November 19, 2017, 07:32:31 am
David Williams should have got half of Whaley's carries.  He would have been a 1000 yard back and the team would have been better for it.  He is by far our best running back.

ENOS is an idiot

OhioHog

Quote from: DemiHOG on November 19, 2017, 11:57:51 am
Our running backs are all overrated by most,
It is pretty hard to run when the defenders are hitting you as you are receiving the handoff from the qb!

younghog

exactly.. to small..

However I do not feel for Williams.. He transferred.. Got a free year to finish playing.. He should do alright with whatever degree he has

GO HOGS
GO HOGS