Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB Presser

Started by TebowHater, September 23, 2017, 03:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DeltaBoy

Winning Football games has become too Uncommon for me!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

greenEGnHAWGS

Honest question, is there anything he could say in this press conference that wouldn't spur all the obligatory "quit whining", "blah blah blah", and "talk is cheap" comments?

Really? What would you realistically expect him to say?

PS: not looking for "I quit" or "I suck" comments.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: 12247 on September 23, 2017, 04:29:29 pm
Lets see.  A&M was down to their 3rd QB, a freshman who along with 9 other freshmen and 1 upperclassman put 43 point on us in regulation.  Just don't see them ever getting bad enough to lose to us.

I agree, We got our butts handed to us by a bunch of freshmen.  Sad.

johnny cash

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 23, 2017, 08:59:55 pm
Honest question, is there anything he could say in this press conference that wouldn't spur all the obligatory "quit whining", "blah blah blah", and "talk is cheap" comments?

i don't know, but if I had a beer for every time he said it's coming, I'd be happy man.

Hawgphish

it is kind of like my junior high school counselor coaching the hogs.  Just way to concerned with emotions and feelings, ugh.

LRHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 23, 2017, 09:05:08 pm
I agree, We got our butts handed to us by a bunch of freshmen.  Sad.

We were sold on the promise of overcoming talent issues/recruiting by developing players into a solid team of vets. where is this developed team in year 5?

RazorbacksFan

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 23, 2017, 04:53:58 pm
He needs to step away for his sake and the teams sake, let someone finish out this season for him that will have no pressure on them ,then we all can move on from this.

If this were to happen, would it be Rhoads or Enos?

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm just tired of the stupid looks on the sidelines when something bad happens and the crying in press conferences.

If you care that much, go fix the issues and let us see it in the wins column.
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: RazorbacksFan on September 23, 2017, 09:16:01 pm
If this were to happen, would it be Rhoads or Enos?

It'd be another coach at the end of the season.

sowmonella

Quote from: longpig on September 23, 2017, 06:33:03 pm
Lots of men cry when they blow their wad.

And you know this how???
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

panhandlepig

Quote from: Porkette on September 23, 2017, 07:36:24 pm
He's going to be rightly judged for his performance on the field, but I'm not going to pick on Coach B for tearing up. It just shows he cares.

I didn't watch the press conference.  Since when was "tearing up" an indication someone cares?  The man is getting his ass beat every time he puts his team on the field. That is unacceptable by any standard or metric anytime or place.   """Tearing up" means nothing.

hoglady

Quote from: panhandlepig on September 23, 2017, 09:22:09 pm

I didn't watch the press conference.  Since when was "tearing up" an indication someone cares?  The man is getting his ass beat every time he puts his team on the field. That is unacceptable by any standard or metric anytime or place.   """Tearing up" means nothing.

From a competitive perspective - I'd much rather see a little fire and brimstone from Bielema after that type loss. Like maybe he was angry we lost.
I'm with you, though - the tears do nothing for me.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HognotinMemphis

No more chip on shoulder. No longer hungry. What is it now? Thirsty? Thirsty for blood of the opponent?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: welchog on September 23, 2017, 04:29:35 pm
Was thinking the same thing.  :)
I know they have won 3 OT games against us but they are 6-0 over last 6 years. That means they consistently have superior talent than Ark. Bielema could stay here another 5 years and he would probably go 0-10.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

panhandlepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 09:26:11 pm
From a competitive perspective - I'd much rather see a little fire and brimstone from Bielema after that type loss. Like maybe he was angry we lost.

It's too late.  There is nothing he can do to salvage this. I hate it for him but it's on him.  If I were to shed tears about it, it would be for the kids out there playing.  They deserve better.

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 09:26:11 pm
He was ass chewing some O lineman in the 3rd quarter late and they played pretty well after that. Time to take off the kid gloves and get into these guys like Petrino used to...

tusksincolorado

CBB deserves better treatment when he is shown the door.  He DOES NOT DESERVE THE HOOTIE NUTTLESS SCUMBAG AZZ RAN OUT OF THE STATE TREATMENT...CBB just cant get it done.  :'(
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 04:46:54 pm
"Nothing out there that's not correctable."
Except the coaching staff, including the head coach.

hoglady

Quote from: panhandlepig on September 23, 2017, 09:35:16 pm
  It's too late.  There is nothing he can do to salvage this. I hate it for him but it's on him.  If I were to shed tears about it, it would be for the kids out there playing.  They deserve better.

With you on that.
Feel terrible for the players.
It would take a lot to convince me to get back on the Bielema bandwagon.
I will continue to support the team no matter what - but I don't think Bielema is the right coach for us.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J on September 23, 2017, 09:37:59 pm
He was ass chewing some O lineman in the 3rd quarter late and they played pretty well after that. Time to take off the kid gloves and get into these guys like Petrino used to...

May be a day late and dollar short on that.
It's not his personality anyway.

doc53

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:20:50 pm
Did he actually cry? Someone said he was crying.
sure sounded like it
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

PossumFan

I was thinking of posting the same thing. He'd get ripped on here no matter what he said.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Danny J on September 23, 2017, 09:37:59 pm

Is too late for ass chewing at this point. The writing is on the wall. It didn't work.

Hoggiedawg

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:20:50 pm
Did he actually cry? Someone said he was crying.

Yes. He was crying.

HoggieStyle

I think people are tired of the catch-phrase coach speak. It's a pretty tired schtick.

pigmania

Quote from: rhames on September 23, 2017, 04:24:36 pm
I feel for him a bit. The wrath is about to be unreal
I felt for him too. I truly believe he likes it here, he likes being a Razorback and wants to win. Problem is that he's not making the winning part happen.

hoglady

How about we begin with not crying. That would be a start.
And quit saying "it's all correctable". He says that after every loss.
They may be, but when are they going to be corrected??
Sometime this year, next year or the next year??

Grunt

Quote from: rhames on September 23, 2017, 04:24:36 pm
I feel for him a bit. The wrath is about to be unreal
Deep water. Nobody comes to get you. This is JL self-righteous Sunday class.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Porkette on September 23, 2017, 07:36:24 pm
He's going to be rightly judged for his performance on the field, but I'm not going to pick on Coach B for tearing up. It just shows he cares.

BS. He's a guy who turns on the tears when it suits his needs. He tears up any time he think it will get him out of trouble.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

It makes me absolutely sick to see Beliema talking about God and being tested. I guess he's shooting for the Freeze/Chizik/Jones angle of getting the fanbase behind him. Someone must have told him Arkansas is in the Bible belt. He's skipped to page 5 in the coaches-in-the-hotseat playbook.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 24, 2017, 03:21:04 am
It makes me absolutely sick to see Beliema talking about God and being tested. I guess he's shooting for the Freeze/Chizik/Jones angle of getting the fanbase behind him. Someone must have told him Arkansas is in the Bible belt. He's skipped to page 5 in the coaches-in-the-hotseat playbook.

He's a players coach...How do you know he is not sincere?

Do the players hate to play for him?
Do the players parents not want their children to be coached by them?
Have the players been successful "off the field" and are becoming productive as "people" in society?
Do you think he is incapable of having emotions because he has let everybody down including himself?

Guess you only judge people by their wins...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

leroyhawg

I think we start seeing a lot more Kelley, it will be a welcome change for me at least!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

hobhog

This. He's under a lot of pressure and can't just throw his hands up and say "we suck" like everyone else can. I feel for him but comes with territory of SEC war.

pigroots

He's passionate....his players play hard for him. I'd rather have a guy who cares about winning so much he has trouble holding his emotions back than the guy who doesn't act like it matters. We're close...We need a couple of playmakers and we'll get over the hump

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: pigroots on September 24, 2017, 10:30:45 am
He's passionate....his players play hard for him. I'd rather have a guy who cares about winning so much he has trouble holding his emotions back than the guy who doesn't act like it matters. We're close...We need a couple of playmakers and we'll get over the hump
Taken 5 years to get to where it is now. By the 2023 season, I bet Bielema is over that hump at Arkansas and we'll be competing for SEC West division with Alabama.

hawgon

Quote from: pigroots on September 24, 2017, 10:30:45 am

Thank you for your input, Mr. Long.

hogcard1964

Quote from: leroyhawg on September 24, 2017, 10:20:01 am
I think we start seeing a lot more Kelley, it will be a welcome change for me at least!

Won't matter.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Cole Kelley will bail Beilema out next season.  Then Kelley will leave for the NFL after a single year of starting as QB.

hogcard1964

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 24, 2017, 12:16:32 pm
Cole Kelley will bail Beilema out next season.  Then Kelley will leave for the NFL after a single year of starting as QB.

No, there's a reason he's not starting now.  Bielema is desperate to win any game.  If Kelley helped him right now, he'd be playing all the time.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 12:20:11 pm
No, there's a reason he's not starting now.  Bielema is desperate to win any game.  If Kelley helped him right now, he'd be playing all the time.

Let's see.  Kelley got 5 plays yesterday.  On three of them Kelley made a critical first down.  On one of them he threw a TD pass, where the defender had to step up and respect the run, leaving the receiver open.  The other one was an incomplete pass.

That was 4 out 5 plays that were successful with Kelley at QB. 

So tell me, just how did Kelley not help Beilema?

BigBrandonAllenFan

September 24, 2017, 01:19:58 pm #142 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:35:41 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 12:20:11 pm

Mond, a true freshman at A&M is helping Sumlin pretty well.  Fromm, a true freshman at Georgia is helping his team pretty well.  I'd say the redshirt freshman Kelley helped the Hogs pretty well yesterday. 

And I guess you missed the part where the team evidently thinks he is pretty darn good, as they had verbally pressed Beilema to give him a role after the TCU loss.

And if Beilema is so desperate to win a game, then why isn't he giving Kelley a start? I mean geez, how many in a row do you have to lose?  Define your meaning of desperate?  You're making no sense with that desperate claim.

RazorPiggie

He looks defeated. I think he's done for.

JackTNHogfan

HeathWimp

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 23, 2017, 09:38:55 pm
CBB deserves better treatment when he is shown the door.  He DOES NOT DESERVE THE HOOTIE NUTTLESS SCUMBAG AZZ RAN OUT OF THE STATE TREATMENT...CBB just cant get it done.  :'(

I agree.  Please remind people of this after next season is over.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

DeltaBoy

When you correct something it is supposed to be fixed. Tired of this coach speak we saw some positive thing a few thing on D need fixed.

The past two years it been the same thing. Your 0-5 vs TAMU!
YOUR new D gave up over 500 to a team with a 3rd string Qb  and 12 kids who were playing HS last fall!.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ICEman

Quote from: TebowHater on September 23, 2017, 03:57:54 pm
"Lot of positives. Gonna make corrections...grow and move forward...found a couple guys who made plays..."

eye roll
Unfortunately the other teams are out correcting our corrections.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hoglady

I just can't believe so many feel sorry for a guy who's getting paid $11,000 dollars a day to fail at his job.
Anyone on here who got hired for a job and failed at it (no matter how hard you worked and tried to succeed) / would be fired. It's the way life works - for everyone.
Can't think of many jobs where failure still guarantees financial security for the rest of your life.

Porkette

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 24, 2017, 03:07:20 am
BS. He's a guy who turns on the tears when it suits his needs. He tears up any time he think it will get him out of trouble.

Maybe, or maybe he's just really emotional.

Either way, I don't really care. His performance on the field will speak for itself. And obviously, that performance isn't what it needs to be right now.
GO HOGS GO!