Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spot on article about Ole Miss...

Started by Al Boarland, July 23, 2017, 04:57:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on July 24, 2017, 10:09:21 am
No, it is all about the wins.  College is a good point in life for people to learn that results are what matters.  No, I'm not telling people to cheat.  I'm telling you that in your life, unless you are self employed and really even then, you're not going to agree with your boss on everything.  You may find your coworkers life choices to be objectionable, but results still count.  And a boss who is the nicest guy in the world, but who doesn't meet his numbers, still gets fired.

Learning this is pointless if they blow their opportunity to get an education, which will improve their results all throughout their lives. You think you sound smart, but when you mock education you sound like an idiot.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on July 24, 2017, 11:09:07 am
Learning this is pointless if they blow their opportunity to get an education, which will improve their results all throughout their lives. You think you sound smart, but when you mock education you sound like an idiot.

Pray tell, how have I mocked education?

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 10:24:16 am
Winning is a MASSIVE part of it. A coach can run a clean program, help his players do well in class, and prepare them for a life after football but if he isn't winning, he'll get fired. Winning is the main thing a Head coach is hired to do. There are some on here who don't like that and can't deal with that reality but hat's the way it is in College Football.

Actually, the people struggling to deal with reality are the ones that are upset that CBB hasn't been fired yet. Reality is, so far his bosses approve of what he has done so far. I guess education ranks higher to those that matter than it does to you. Reality sucks sometimes doesn't it :)

gchamblee

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 24, 2017, 11:02:35 am
If we're being honest, It didn't matter who Arkansas hired, half of the fanbase was still going to verbally crucify the new guy (and Jeff Long) because he replaced Bobby Petrino. Anything short of winning the west (which petrino never did) would've been scrutinized and picked apart.

Spot on

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: gchamblee on July 24, 2017, 11:06:48 am
Ill be in favor of a change when I feel that we have hit our ceiling, not when you emotional drama queens want to go find the next bobby petrino.
+1
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogsanity

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 11:41:12 am
Been that way for decades and will stay that way.  Nobody goes to a CFB game to discuss grade points, grad rates, and police blotters.  There are forums for those discussions and a CFB field isn't one of them.

No, from what I see and read, most go to drink, party, lie, brag, shoot the bull, see, be seen, and maybe if there is time, watch some of the game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 24, 2017, 08:15:51 am
Yeah lets sell our souls for wins  :P . Shout out to Louisville for bringing petrino back after he'd already burned them once. Now they have a football coach just as scandalous as pitino.

Speaking of Petrino:  I am currently watching the 2010 Miss State game on Television. I had actually forgotten how good of a team we were then.  It's kind of sad to watch. The offensive was executed in beautiful time and rhythm.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

gchamblee

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 24, 2017, 11:46:11 am
Speaking of Petrino:  I am currently watching the 2010 Miss State game on Television. I had actually forgotten how good of a team we were then.  It's kind of sad to watch.

We were very good. We could score from anywhere on the field. It was exciting to watch.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 10:52:15 am
Great, now define winning. Is it winning more games than you lose? Winning a div title? A conf tile? Playing in a ny6 bowl? winning a ny 6 bowl? making the playoff? Winning a playoff game? winning a nc? Just what is winning? And don't give us some subjective mumbo jumbo about " just winning the games they should win ". Who determines if they should win a game or not?

Thanks for proving my point. You are one that can't accept the reality of the way it is in college football.

If a head coach's team is winning at least 8 regular season games a year, winning bowl games, regularly finishing in the top 25, and occasionally making a serious challenge for the SEC Western division title, He's a winner.

A coach can run a clean program, help his players do well in the classroom, and prepare his players for life after football but if he wins no more than 7 regular season games a year, his tenure will be short. That's the reality of College football.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 11:56:25 am
Wow!  I think everyone on this board would agree 7-6 on a consistent basis is NOT a good or relevant program.  Clean program, dirty program, any program, 7-6 yearly SUC!  If BB lays another 7-6 egg, you will know clearly what expectations for winning isn't.....  I will take 8 wins a year for 2/3 years but what comes with achievement in the real world?  Higher expectations!  After 2-3-4 years of 8 wins, then I expect 9 on a consistent basis.  I think you know where this is going.  I wonder where we would be in this world if people thought the horse and buggy was good enough?  Some of you have the horse and buggy mentality for some reason but fortunate enough for most Americans and Hog Nation, it's time for the gas engine, then jets, then the moon, why not mars?  BB need to get to 8 this season, 9 in 3/4 seasons, then 10 on a consistent basis.  Winning on the national stage brings recruits.  Recruits bring better talent.  Better talent brings MORE winning!  7 wins a year breeds the same recruits and therefore the same results.  Are the same results acceptable at any level in American society?

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 11:58:52 am
Thanks for proving my point. You are one that can't accept the reality of the way it is in college football.

If a head coach's team is winning at least 8 regular season games a year, winning bowl games, regularly finishing in the top 25, and occasionally making a serious challenge for the SEC Western division title, He's a winner.

A coach can run a clean program, help his players do well in the classroom, and prepare his players for life after football but if he wins no more than 7 regular season games a year, his tenure will be short. That's the reality of College football.

So " winning" is doing something that this program has never really done, at least not since joining the sec, and maybe not since college football fully integrated.

By Guv's definition, HDN was a winner ( we know he was a fighter ).

And Colonel still believes that crap about just win and the recruits will come, even though the recruiting did not improve at all after Bp's 10 and 11 win seasons.

You want to know why Ohio State is so good? Canton, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown, Massillon, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus all produce enough players to keep their program stocked deep with talent. Sure, they go out of state for impact players, but their depth is built from the wealth of talent in state. Same for Bama. Same for all the PERENNIAL top programs. Sure teams pop up for a one or 2 year run, but the ones that are ALWAYS near the top do not have to scour the country to keep a talent deep team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 12:04:52 pm
All centered on the spectacle that is CFB!  Do you think it would be what it is if scoreboards weren't there?  This is the South, CFB is KING!  Why is it King?  Because the level of play is unrivaled by any other geographical region.  How did it get that way?  WINNING!  And for the record, 7-6 isn't winning, it's surviving!

It got that way for the same reason Nascar got that way, an excuse to drink beer and party.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 12:07:17 pm
So " winning" is doing something that this program has never really done, at least not since joining the sec, and maybe not since college football fully integrated.

By Guv's definition, HDN was a winner ( we know he was a fighter ).

And Colonel still believes that crap about just win and the recruits will come, even though the recruiting did not improve at all after Bp's 10 and 11 win seasons.

You want to know why Ohio State is so good? Canton, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown, Massillon, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus all produce enough players to keep their program stocked deep with talent. Sure, they go out of state for impact players, but their depth is built from the wealth of talent in state. Same for Bama. Same for all the PERENNIAL top programs. Sure teams pop up for a one or 2 year run, but the ones that are ALWAYS near the top do not have to scour the country to keep a talent deep team.

HDN had some good years, some not so good years, and some bad years at Arkansas but his downfall was his off of the field behavior.

In 2010 and 2011, the Hogs showed what the U of A football program is occasionally capable of when it's run properly. Could the Hogs have continued to maintain winning 10 games a year every year?? Not likely, but they should be able to win at least 8 regular season games a year along with winning a bowl game.

Some on here either seem to forget or just want to ignore the fact that at one time, Arkansas was one of the "Big Dogs" of college football.

I have a feeling this is going to be CBB's best year at Arkansas so far and I sure hope he turns things around.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 11:08:05 am
Here is the best paragraph from that article

"And just because you're not winning national championships doesn't mean you don't matter or can't have fun on Saturdays. It doesn't mean you can't win big games and beat your rivals. It doesn't mean you can't compete for championships. It does mean you can't do that every year. It does mean you can't expect to go up against one of college football's greatest dynasties – Nick Saban's Alabama – and play and recruit against them on an even footing annually."

We finally agree on something.

For many of us, Razorbacks football is not about winning at all.  It's fun when we win.  It's no fun to lose to Toledo or 56-3 to Auburn, but losing is part of the game, too.  It's not about whether we meet someone's standard of "relevance".  Of course we are "relevant".  The Razorbacks have relevance in our lives, and that's all that matters.  Do we care what anyone else thinks?  Why should we? 

In the last three years alone, not particularly good years in the scheme of things by good Arkansas year standards, we have beaten Ole Miss three times, LSU twice, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn and Texas.  I'd throw in TCU and Texas Tech, but those don't feel like that big of a deal to an oldtimer.  Alabama was lucky to escape Fayetteville in 2014, and we played them really tough in Tuscaloosa in 2015.  We have nothing to apologize for.   

In a state like Arkansas, the Razorbacks give Arkansans something to build their lives around.  In the scheme of things, the Hogs aren't as important as faith or family or work.  But they are something that is often built into all three.  Before the Big Shootout in 1969, this appeared on one Fayetteville church marquee:  "Darrel Royal, cast not thy steers before swine." 

My great-grandfather in Blytheville took my six-year old grandfather to his first Razorbacks game, a 16-0 victory over LSU in Memphis during Hugo Bezdek's 1909 undefeated season.  My grandfather in turn took my father and me to our first games before we could walk.  I have no memory of a time when the Razorbacks weren't part of my life.  Even though they've spent their entire lives in Tennessee, my 18-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter are Razorbacks fans.

In some families, and in Arkansas in general, the Razorbacks are simply a tradition that helps us keep our balance while we fiddle on the roof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V2lxFWBqfI       
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 24, 2017, 12:19:12 pm

For many of us, Razorbacks football is not about winning at all.  It's fun when we win.  It's no fun to lose to Toledo or 56-3 to Auburn, but losing is part of the game, too.  It's not about whether we meet someone's standard of "relevance".  Of course we are "relevant".  The Razorbacks have relevance in our lives, and that's all that matters.  Do we care what anyone else thinks?  Why should we? 

In the last three years alone, not particularly good years in the scheme of things by good Arkansas year standards, we have beaten Ole Miss three times, LSU twice, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn and Texas.  I'd throw in TCU and Texas Tech, but those don't feel like that big of a deal to an oldtimer.  Alabama was lucky to escape Fayetteville in 2014, and we played them really tough in Tuscaloosa in 2015.  We have nothing to apologize for.   

In a state like Arkansas, the Razorbacks give Arkansans something to build their lives around.  In the scheme of things, the Hogs aren't as important as faith or family or work.  But they are something that is often built into all three.  Before the Big Shootout in 1969, this appeared on one Fayetteville church marquee:  "Darrel Royal, cast not thy steers before swine." 

My great-grandfather in Blytheville took my six-year old grandfather to his first Razorbacks game, a 16-0 victory over LSU in Memphis during Hugo Bezdek's 1909 undefeated season.  My grandfather in turn took my father and me to our first games before we could walk.  I have no memory of a time when the Razorbacks weren't part of my life.  Even though they've spent their entire lives in Tennessee, my 18-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter are Razorbacks fans.

In some families, and in Arkansas in general, the Razorbacks are simply a tradition that helps us keep our balance while we fiddle on the roof:

That was beautiful.  Are you a writer by profession?   It was refreshing to read an intelligent post,  with proper grammar, spelling, and use of paragraphs. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

hogsanity

And they do not need to cheat to provide that. They do not need to win every game to provide that. They do not need to be the lead on Sportscenter to provide that. They do not need a revolving door in the HC position to provide that. They do not need to reach some specific # of wins to provide that.

Yet, I'd be willing to wager, you will get flamed by someone or someones for just accepting mediocrity blah blah blah.

gchamblee

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 12:04:52 pm
All centered on the spectacle that is CFB!  Do you think it would be what it is if scoreboards weren't there?  This is the South, CFB is KING!  Why is it King?  Because the level of play is unrivaled by any other geographical region.  How did it get that way?  WINNING!  And for the record, 7-6 isn't winning, it's surviving!

You didn't put enough "!" in your post.

ICEman

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on July 23, 2017, 11:05:22 pm
Nice to see  =\= used.  I preferred  =\!=  but it's nice to see it still used when needed
Sometimes you need a little Java in your life!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

theFlyingHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 12:50:25 pm
Guv, you do know that probably 90% of the coaches in the country run a clean program, players do well in the classroom, and they prepare their players for life.  BUT!  They can't go 7-6 consistently and keep their jobs at a Big 5 school.  It's just not acceptable....
Heck, Jeff Long isn't even happy with 7-6! You know it's bad when you don't win enough for Long.

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: hawgon on July 24, 2017, 08:53:51 am
Not nearly as embarrassing as losing is.
Your opinion. I like winning. I like what Petrino did while he was here. But you cant hire your mistress, and keep your job. Period. End of discussion. That, is not an opinion.
WPS!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 01:04:46 pm
Now that was just silly!  Ohio St is so good because of their winning tradition.  Bama is so good because of Saban and the revival of the Bear.  To say "recruits won't come to a perrenial 9-4 program is simply blind to facts to prove a point.  The one aspect past top 25 recruiting classes have had is winning!  Not 7-6 records and not all of them are located in recruiting havens.  Just stop with your agenda, BB LOVE FEST!

So you do not find it the least bit interesting that the perennial winning programs all come from areas chock full of top level recruits.

I didn't not say recruits won't come to a 9-4 team, but they wont be they type players, in sufficient #'s to make it a 11-2 team.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 24, 2017, 11:46:11 am
Speaking of Petrino:  I am currently watching the 2010 Miss State game on Television. I had actually forgotten how good of a team we were then.  It's kind of sad to watch. The offensive was executed in beautiful time and rhythm.

Unfortunately, the coach walking the sidelines had unfairly hired his mistress and lied to his boss. Something that is a no-no in almost every workplace.
Can't have your cake and eat it too. Or we just haven't had the right cake yet.

hogsanity

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on July 24, 2017, 01:07:01 pm
Your opinion. I like winning. I like what Petrino did while he was here. But you cant hire your mistress, and keep your job. Period. End of discussion. That, is not an opinion.

It is funny, the night BP was fired I was at a gathering of about 25-30 people. When the news broke, about 15 of them got really mad, talking about the morality police, blah blah. Oddly enough, that group that was so mad about stuff was part of a group where 8 or 9 either were already divorced or were getting divorced because they had cheated on their spouse. 3 or 4 were getting divorced because they had all been cheating with each others spouses. Shockingly, none of the people who had been cheating thought what BP did was any big deal.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 01:12:00 pm
It is funny, the night BP was fired I was at a gathering of about 25-30 people. When the news broke, about 15 of them got really mad, talking about the morality police, blah blah. Oddly enough, that group that was so mad about stuff was part of a group where 8 or 9 either were already divorced or were getting divorced because they had cheated on their spouse. 3 or 4 were getting divorced because they had all been cheating with each others spouses. Shockingly, none of the people who had been cheating thought what BP did was any big deal.
I'm about to have to wave the BS flag on this one, man.

You go to parties where 20% of the people there had slept with other people's spouses? Why do I always miss the good parties? Those fights had to have been fun to watch.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: golf2day on July 24, 2017, 01:33:13 pm

You go to parties where 20% of the people there had slept with other people's spouses? Why do I always miss the good parties? Those fights had to have been fun to watch.

No doubt! And apparently 20% that admitted it to this guy.  Is he a therapist or something?

hogsanity

Quote from: golf2day on July 24, 2017, 01:33:13 pm

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 24, 2017, 02:09:16 pm

No doubt! And apparently 20% that admitted it to this guy.  Is he a therapist or something?

Call whatever you want. I had known some of them since I was in jrhs. We all have kids about the same age, so they have played sports with or against their kids for years. Even in a city the size of FS, word gets around pretty fast.

I can't imagine how fast word gets around in a smaller place like Greenwood or Van Buren.

Al Boarland

Al Boarland

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 11:56:25 am
Wow!  I think everyone on this board would agree 7-6 on a consistent basis is NOT a good or relevant program.  Clean program, dirty program, any program, 7-6 yearly SUC!  If BB lays another 7-6 egg, you will know clearly what expectations for winning isn't.....  I will take 8 wins a year for 2/3 years but what comes with achievement in the real world?  Higher expectations!  After 2-3-4 years of 8 wins, then I expect 9 on a consistent basis.  I think you know where this is going.  I wonder where we would be in this world if people thought the horse and buggy was good enough?  Some of you have the horse and buggy mentality for some reason but fortunate enough for most Americans and Hog Nation, it's time for the gas engine, then jets, then the moon, why not mars?  BB need to get to 8 this season, 9 in 3/4 seasons, then 10 on a consistent basis.  Winning on the national stage brings recruits.  Recruits bring better talent.  Better talent brings MORE winning!  7 wins a year breeds the same recruits and therefore the same results.  Are the same results acceptable at any level in American society?

A lot of people tried to build engines and failed. Only a few could do it and succeed.

Companies try their hand in a market only to find out they can't compete with the big boys all the time. Those stories out number the underdog climbing to the top a lot to a little.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 11:26:03 am

100%

If a program is irrelevant, what difference does it make how it's run.  NC St., Perdue, Wake Forrest, Iowa St?   All Irrelevant and nobody care how their programs are run!
Their alumni do.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hogsanity

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 24, 2017, 02:27:30 pm
A lot of people tried to build engines and failed. Only a few could do it and succeed.

Companies try their hand in a market only to find out they can't compete with the big boys all the time. Those stories out number the underdog climbing to the top a lot to a little.

OR they are successful on a local or regional level, and decide to try to compete on a national level and get crushed. Our tax practice is just fine, but no way I'd try to compete with H&R block or another national tax prep company.

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 02:46:36 pm
OR they are successful on a local or regional level, and decide to try to compete on a national level and get crushed. Our tax practice is just fine, but no way I'd try to compete with H&R block or another national tax prep company.

Nothing wrong with being "just fine", IMO.

Cinco de Hogo

This thread shows way Arkansas belongs in the same arena as Ole Miss...because ya'll believe we do.  Actually Ole Miss has a better recruiting base so really all they need to be better than Arkansas is a better coach.  Why should we be a solid 3-4 in the west? 
Isn't that really were we believe we belong?  But why?  We are Arkansas and we believe in fighting harder, being committed, we put up the money to be a top 25 program even compared to our SEC brethren and it shows in our facilities and our budget.  It shows in The Razorback Foundation.  Where it hasn't showed in the last 25 years is in the administration.  Really can you argue the comedy of errors?  We've fired our best three coaches and almost lost our current best coach due to administrative miscue. 

Will the current new approach work?  For some it's already worked.  We are who we are!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 24, 2017, 03:06:02 pm
  We are Arkansas and we believe in fighting harder, being committed, we put up the money to be a top 25 program

YEa, cause no on else in the SEC is doing that too.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogz11 on July 24, 2017, 03:52:14 pm
Why does the pro Petrino crowd still try to only focus on the affair and lie? I'd be willing to admit if Petrino just had the affair and just lied about the affair, he'd still be the Arkansas coach.

But he hired the same woman he had an affair with into a university job that I believe over 100 people applied for. You go from dishonesty and adultrey to misappropriation of school funds and a blatant fraudulent hire. That's what surely got him canned. I knew he was fired the second I realized that fact.

If you are going to argue for Petrino, stop saying he got fired for an affair and a lie. Argue the actual facts or keep your piehole shut.

Please check your facts before you post because you are wrong about who hired Bobby's mistress.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 04:15:02 pm
Please check your facts before you post because you are wrong about who hired Bobby's mistress.

i think e already proved you have no idea what you are talking about on this subject. you didnt even know what was in the police report.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Excellent post!  My Dad took me to my first Razorbacks game when I was 4.  I can certainly appreciate your family heritage in following the Hogs!  The 1909 story is just freaking cool!  I believe the Cardinals became the Razorbacks after that game.  Thanks Coach Bezdek!

runninhog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 23, 2017, 06:36:06 pm
Noticed Arkansas is painted with the same brush.

This is not a phenomenon exclusive to the Rebels. Arkansas, Baylor, heck, even schools with histories as robust as Notre Dame and Miami in today's modern game, do not occupy the real estate their fans think they do or should and would be better off listening to this same message.

Right about Arkansas, but wrong about Miami.

LZH

Quote from: go hogues on July 24, 2017, 09:46:02 am
He's spot on in the fact that OM and their fans do not have a grasp on reality - and that extends beyond sports.

I've seen a disproportionate amount of their fans go into immediate debt out of college while buying up huge houses and luxury cars. Somewhere, a notion that they were a wealthy, upscale school began and it carries over. In actuality, they are one of the poorer, less academic schools in the SEC.

Just because you can decorate a tailgating tent nicely doesn't mean you are Harvard.

:)

GuvHog

Quote from: hogz11 on July 24, 2017, 04:47:40 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-dorrell-hire-was-fast-tracked-at-arkansas-2012apr13-story,amp.html

If you want to try and be technical and show everyone you have the weaker argument, then go ahead. Jessica Dorrell isn't even in consideration for that job if not for the "behest" of Petrino to hire her.

The truth is there is no argument. Jessica was recommended for the job by a hiring committee after they interviewed her. Bobby Petrino was a member of that committee who recommended her to Jeff Long and it was Jeff Long who hired her.

LZH

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 24, 2017, 10:03:56 am
Not even close. Its not all about wins. The coach prepares these young men for life after football. Some fans such as yourself only care about wins and only see these boys as football players, but many of us (even here in hogville) are the families of these players and want much more for them than a few successful Saturdays each year. The coach needs to be a man of integrity that we know will not only keep our boys safe but will also teach them life lessons. How to hire your mistress under your bosses nose isn't one of those lessons.

While your last couple of sentences are true, these guys aren't being paid millions to be babysitters. Programs aren't spending hundreds of millions upgrading stadiums and other facilities to sharpen a kid's character.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 06:29:19 pm
The truth is there is no argument. Jessica was recommended for the job by a hiring committee after they interviewed her. Bobby Petrino was a member of that committee who recommended her to Jeff Long and it was Jeff Long who hired her.

Fire Jeff, Bobby was a victim. It is funny to watch you discussing this after you made claims that weren't true and it was proven to you that you were wrong by showing you Jeffs notes and the police report. I said in that thread that it wouldn't be long before you were back to saying the same crap without any regard for the truth, and here you are.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 03:34:32 pm
YEa, cause no on else in the SEC is doing that too.

Then we need to harness the spirit of those 25 fighting Razorbacks and do it better.  With our disadvantages isn't there something we can do to separate ourselves from the crowd that's legal that you would agree with!  For a lot of us CBP was "that thing".  That's over and done, now a lot of you think Bielema's "uncommon" mantra is "that thing".   Either you are buying or your not.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on July 24, 2017, 06:37:19 pm
Fire Jeff, Bobby was a victim. It is funny to watch you discussing this after you made claims that weren't true and it was proven to you that you were wrong by showing you Jeffs notes and the police report. I said in that thread that it wouldn't be long before you were back to saying the same crap without any regard for the truth, and here you are.

Bobby isn't a victim, he made some mistakes and paid a high price for them. Did he have an influence in Jessica's hiring?? Most likely he did, but the fact remains that she was recommended to Long by a committee which included Petrino and Jeff Long hired her. That is not disputable.

bphi11ips

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 10:04:27 pm
What you hit on, the HIGS were winning games that mattered but failed in less significant games which led to 7-6...  let that trend stand and you will be able to get inside the stadium for a Lil of nothing!  7-6 for two more years will sour on the folks that matter stomachs and BB will be gone!  It's this season or BUST!

You couldn't be more wrong.  For every one of you there are 50 of me.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2017, 10:33:49 am
Only if your boss is a bithering idiot.

A sane smart boss would not fire an employee who is making the company money hand over fist even if he has an affair with another company employee and lies about it. He would probably call that employee into his office and read him the riot act but he won't fire the goose that's laying Golden Eggs.
Exactly.  No shortage of morons running around saying otherwise. 

Fire Petrino? Are you kidding?  We should have bought him a new motorcycle.

Enjoy that integrity you all seem to love so much.  Firing Petrino was a amateurish, goof move.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 10:22:54 pm
This is so true but those who lose the desire or ability move to another venture.  UA ain't moving from the SEC so should all the fans just accept mediocrity?  Not how life works my friend.  In my circle, mediocrity is 100% unacceptable.  Just saying, if we accept sub-standard, what is the purpose?  UA isn't Stanford, Harvard, or Yale and is located in the south, the hotbed of relevant programs so it MUST excel to be relevant or it will change directions.  We can rationalize and find as many excuses as we want but if BB don't start getting past 7 wins, a lot of folks on this board are gonna learn how important a "W" is.....

Well,  I guess the point is just enjoyment.  If you are always expecting the hogs to play at the highest level of college football -  you are going to be dissapointed a lot.  If you just expect to enjoy football; whether the hogs play in a BCS bowl or not - then you enjoy it more.

If you are a coach of a football team,  I guess you should have the attitude of always trying to achieve greatness - if you are a spectator -  it makes more sense to just enjoy the season;  whatever it brings. 

Al Boarland

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 24, 2017, 10:22:54 pm
This is so true but those who lose the desire or ability move to another venture.  UA ain't moving from the SEC so should all the fans just accept mediocrity?  Not how life works my friend.  In my circle, mediocrity is 100% unacceptable.  Just saying, if we accept sub-standard, what is the purpose?  UA isn't Stanford, Harvard, or Yale and is located in the south, the hotbed of relevant programs so it MUST excel to be relevant or it will change directions.  We can rationalize and find as many excuses as we want but if BB don't start getting past 7 wins, a lot of folks on this board are gonna learn how important a "W" is.....

Fans can be whatever they want. I know there's disagreement there, but everyone is wired differently. Administrations have to deal in reality.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on July 24, 2017, 11:11:03 pm
Exactly.  No shortage of morons running around saying otherwise. 

Fire Petrino? Are you kidding?  We should have bought him a new motorcycle.

Enjoy that integrity you all seem to love so much.  Firing Petrino was a amateurish, goof move.

If you are that upset over it there is a team in KY that would love to have your fandom and donations.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 24, 2017, 10:43:51 pm
You couldn't be more wrong.  For every one of you there are 50 of me.

That's very likely true at this point, but if the Hogs only manage 7 wins in regular season play this year, those numbers will start to dwindle to the point where you will likely be standing alone in a crowded room. Whether you have the intestinal fortitude to admit it or not, the Hog faithful are growing impatient.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 24, 2017, 06:48:36 pm

Then we need to harness the spirit of those 25 fighting Razorbacks and do it better.

Wow, just wow. Yea, cause Bama doesn't have 25 fighting Tide, LSU doesn't have 25 fighting Tigers, Tn doesn't have 25 fighting vols.

If you are trying to prove the point about delusional fans, you are doing a great job.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on July 25, 2017, 09:44:54 am
Wow, just wow. Yea, cause Bama doesn't have 25 fighting Tide, LSU doesn't have 25 fighting Tigers, Tn doesn't have 25 fighting vols.

If you are trying to prove the point about delusional fans, you are doing a great job.

Look, I know you don't believe Arkansas can ever be anything but an also ran but real fans always hold onto some measure of hope.  Carry on!