Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any further news on Montaric??

Started by hogz11, July 23, 2017, 09:54:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Last I heard he was set to make fall camp or the start of classes, but that was a week ago.

Anyone know anything more current on him?

tophawg19

I heard he was cleared so i guess all is well. At least i hope so
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig in the Pokey

he's good to go but I think missed the boat on being a factor in year one. I suspect a RS year out of him now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hobhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 23, 2017, 11:22:16 am
he's good to go but I think missed the boat on being a factor in year one. I suspect a RS year out of him now.

Why? If he reports on time what would hold him back?

B501

Quote from: hobhog on July 23, 2017, 01:52:59 pm
Why? If he reports on time what would hold him back?

needs time with herb

parallaxpig

Don't believe he has enrolled yet which means he has not cleared last hurdle.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

younghog

Quote from: b501 on July 23, 2017, 02:02:35 pm
needs time with herb

CBB already stated he expected some True Freshman to contribute... I bet Montaric is one of them..
GO HOGS

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 23, 2017, 10:07:36 am
I heard he was cleared so i guess all is well. At least i hope so
ADG last week said he was still waiting on academic issues. Has that been resolved?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Karma on July 23, 2017, 02:44:45 pm
ADG last week said he was still waiting on academic issues. Has that been resolved?
last I heard he passed the ACT, but that was like a month ago.  I assumed that was the last hurdle to being cleared, but maybe there are more issues?  or maybe he is still waiting on the clearing house
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

tophawg19

i hate that damn clearing house . they move way to slow and effect these kids lives .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 23, 2017, 03:03:48 pm
last I heard he passed the ACT, but that was like a month ago.  I assumed that was the last hurdle to being cleared, but maybe there are more issues?  or maybe he is still waiting on the clearing house

Something was said on the radio about him having to finish with an online class before he can enroll.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

VirginiaHog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 23, 2017, 03:16:12 pm
Something was said on the radio about him having to finish with an online class before he can enroll.
Correct. He has the act passed now so juco is out. He is finishing up online work. Hoping to be enrolled at start of school. With the upper classes at safety, he is a likely redshirt.

jjdlc

Quote from: GuvHog on July 23, 2017, 03:16:12 pm

This is the last I'd heard too.

pork in the whiskers

Buster had to retake the ACT in June because the clearinghouse would not accept the big jump in his passing score... he passed it again. He is waiting on one summer class. The kid was intensely tutored for months before the last 2 tests. While he is waiting...he is working at Burger King, saving money so that he will have some for college. No help from anyone!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on July 23, 2017, 10:24:18 pm
Buster had to retake the ACT in June because the clearinghouse would not accept the big jump in his passing score... he passed it again. He is waiting on one summer class. The kid was intensely tutored for months before the last 2 tests. While he is waiting...he is working at Burger King, saving money so that he will have some for college. No help from anyone!
it's a true success story and one that usually doesnt happen this way. Kudos to the kid, and his counselors/advisors. As far as him contributing, he's gonna need time w/ herb and to learn is the word on the street. You never know which kids will pick it all up the fastest and want it the most out of the freshman, though, so I wouldn't rule out him playing entirely, but, I suspect (90% or so) he'll redshirt.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

FANONTHEHILL

They normally don't install name plates above the lockers until they're 100% sure a player is good to go.  I asked my son last night and Montaric's name plate is up in the locker room.  That's not an official confirmation, but a really good sign.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

zane

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on July 23, 2017, 10:24:18 pm

Good for him. Sounds like a kid with his head on straight.
RIP LSUfan

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogz11 on July 24, 2017, 03:41:44 pm
He won't make the start of fall camp but should make the start of classes.

Seems like a prime redshirt candidate.
thats fine, I think we still have upper classmen at safety, and it never hurts to take a year getting settled into the system before being thrown to the wolves in the SEC.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

31to6

If you are starting a true freshman at Safety in the SEC one of two things is happening:

1) You have recruited a generational talent
      and/or (likely and)
2) You have serious roster problems

PorkSoda

Quote from: 31to6 on July 24, 2017, 03:53:12 pm
If you are starting a true freshman at Safety in the SEC one of two things is happening:

and/or (likely and)

even if he got here in the spring, I doubt he would have "started" but he would have provided valuable depth.  I he may yet still play that role, but I wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts either.

bennyl08

Quote from: 31to6 on July 24, 2017, 03:53:12 pm

and/or (likely and)

Brown and Curl have physical talent beyond anybody else we have on the roster at Safety.

Having said that, we actually have pretty good depth at the position. We have senior, multi-year starters in Coley and Liddell. We have a upperclassman returning starter in Ramirez. We have KR3 as a senior who could start anywhere in the secondary if needed. Beyond that, Micahh Smith was a very exciting prospect out of HS just coming off a redshirt season. Dalton was another player I really liked who has moved around a bit between CB and S so not sure where is slated at the moment. Edwards is also a solid recruit coming off of his redshirt season.

That's 4 upperclassmen (3 seniors) with ample experience and 3 talented underclassmen who have all redshirted (one is a RsSo) all before we even start talking about Curl or Brown.

If either of them play, it isn't because of major roster problems, but instead because they are simply that talented. I would not be shocked if both of them played and I would be quite surprised if both of them end up redshirting. The only thing that would redshirt Brown IMO would be the 6" between his ears getting a later start. I expect to see something similar as we saw from Gunter at TE. He was buried quite deep on the depth chart with a lot of promising talent in front of him. No reason not to redshirt him unless he proved too valuable to keep off the field which Gunter did. Plenty of bodies, talented bodies, and experienced bodies in front of Curl and Brown, but don't be surprised to see them Gunter their way into playing time.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bythelake