Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATE: Lawson Brothers Transferring to Kansas.

Started by The_Iceman, April 05, 2017, 11:45:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFoo

It would be great to get these guys just for the fact there are 2 younger brothers that have tons of talent behind them coming up.  I really wish that Todd Day could be added as a coach or director of shoelace enforcement.  Anything really.  Haha. Even if its a "nonrecruiting" position..   It would help having him on staff somewhere with the incidental meetings while a recruit was on a visit from Memphis or if Mike was on a speaker phone when Todd happened to be walking by and happened to say hello to a Memphis recruit.  Hahaha.  All kinds of ways to have another recruiter.  Haha.  I guarantee all those coaches over at bama under saban do more than just video reviews.   

But yeah, it'd be nice to get these two with potential to get the other brothers and opening the door in Memphis once again.  That'd be very nice.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hogwood

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 07, 2017, 09:28:10 am
For fun of speculation, someone supposedly a member of the Lawson family posted this

Someone put them in an Arkansas jersey ASAP! Lol.

Tusks

You can't COUNT on the younger guys coming to the hill if the older guys do transfer in.

Remember if they end up McDee's AA there's always that 'business' decision out there.

Having said that maybe it will work out for one or both of them to be a hog.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

King Kong

Quote from: tusked on April 07, 2017, 12:56:42 pm
You can't COUNT on the younger guys coming to the hill if the older guys do transfer in.

Remember if they end up McDee's AA there's always that 'business' decision out there.

Having said that maybe it will work out for one or both of them to be a hog.

I disagree. I think adding these kids would have zero impact on Hog 4 committed for 2018.

You are talking at most 2 years of overlap. Most likely only one as Dedric is a NBA prospect

Hawg Red

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Dedric, or even both brothers, declared for the draft and went pro. I know they aren't viewed as exception draft prospects, but K.J. has already redshirted (medical) and they just don't seem like the type to want to sit out.

HogCzar1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 07, 2017, 02:13:21 pm
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Dedric, or even both brothers, declared for the draft and went pro. I know they aren't viewed as exception draft prospects, but K.J. has already redshirted (medical) and they just don't seem like the type to want to sit out.

You might think that, but, again, that is not what Memphis radio is saying according to those who have talked with the Lawsons.

Tusks

Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2017, 02:01:03 pm
I disagree. I think adding these kids would have zero impact on Hog 4 committed for 2018.

You are talking at most 2 years of overlap. Most likely only one as Dedric is a NBA prospect

I was talking about the younger Lawson's and the cousin.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

scorekeeper

Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2017, 02:01:03 pm

I think he meant the younger brothers and cousin(s) aren't locks for the hogs if we indeed get their older brothers. I was somewhat confused to but the second line cleared it up..."Remember if they end up McDee's AA there's always that 'business' decision out there." Seems like a Monk reference.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

King Kong

Inhogswetrust

Everyone talking about talent should instead be talking about attitude.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 07, 2017, 04:34:20 pm
Everyone talking about talent should instead be talking about attitude.

Tubby left their dad in a Hotel in Philly after the Temple game. I would have a bad attitude to that as well

grayhawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 07, 2017, 05:49:20 pm
Tubby left their dad in a Hotel in Philly after the Temple game. I would have a bad attitude to that as well
Maybe he had it coming.

King Kong

hogfreak

Anyone know if there was any talk on Memphis radio today about destination.

grayhawg

Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2017, 06:33:27 pm
Calm down Houston
I'm a person not a town in Texas, and that person really despises HDN.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogfreak on April 07, 2017, 06:52:17 pm
Anyone know if there was any talk on Memphis radio today about destination.
Alabama or Ole Miss.

HogCzar1

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 07, 2017, 07:58:07 pm
Alabama or Ole Miss.

If that indeed happens, you can pencil 4 top 100, and likely 2 top 30 players to compete against us in our own division, plus dramatic inroads into Memphis area recruiting. I'm not sure how that would be in our interest.

hogwood

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 07, 2017, 08:37:29 pm
If that indeed happens, you can pencil 4 top 100, and likely 2 top 30 players to compete against us in our own division, plus dramatic inroads into Memphis area recruiting. I'm not sure how that would be in our interest.

Definitely would not be in our interest...

Hawg Red

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 07, 2017, 08:37:29 pm

There are no divisions in SEC basketball. Maybe you meant conference instead.

HogCzar1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 07, 2017, 10:35:58 pm
There are no divisions in SEC basketball. Maybe you meant conference instead.

Yes, my mistake.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: grayhawg on April 07, 2017, 05:51:06 pm
Maybe he had it coming.

I could think of a million legitimate reasons that someone could get left behind in a hotel.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

April 08, 2017, 05:36:57 am #121 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:40:33 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 07, 2017, 05:49:20 pm

Then maybe he should have done what Tubby wanted or maybe his attitude was bad before Tubby left him in Philly. Either way you're forgetting Tubby was his boss.

zuko

Names names name, don't mean a thing. Performance is what we are looking for. Kudos to Frank Martin for representing the SEC so well. A good coach who was right on time with his rebuild and he produced. Took Mike Anderson 7 years for two appearances, sure he went further this year, but I'm betting against him next year.

niels_boar

Quote from: zuko on April 08, 2017, 10:11:16 pm
Names names name, don't mean a thing. Performance is what we are looking for. Kudos to Frank Martin for representing the SEC so well. A good coach who was right on time with his rebuild and he produced. Took Mike Anderson 7 years for two appearances, sure he went further this year, but I'm betting against him next year.

Since you have posted it twice, you apparently don't even know that CMA has been here six years, not seven.  I'm guessing that is not all that you don't know.  It also took CMA one less year to get his program to the NCAAT than Martin. 
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

King Kong

Quote from: zuko on April 08, 2017, 10:11:16 pm

Math is fundamental

HogCzar1

Kansas and Bill Self making big impact in Memphis recruiting.

azhog10

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 10, 2017, 12:11:02 pm
Kansas and Bill Self making big impact in Memphis recruiting.
They already had some success there when they got Tarik Black when he transfered from Memphis to Kansas.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 07, 2017, 08:49:46 am
Ole Miss is closer in distance but not exposure. We should have a leg up there.

Old Misses gets a LOT more exposure from the media in Memphis than the Hogs.

forrest city joe

Good. not going to any SEC school.love it.good luck to them at KU. so happy that Tiger High is now a dumpster fire now.can't stand them.GO HOGS.

1hawgballer2

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 07, 2017, 08:49:46 am
Ole Miss is closer in distance but not exposure. We should have a leg up there.

Response: I received a text this morning Lawson committed to Kansas

Hawg Red

Quote from: ricolacey on April 10, 2017, 12:45:32 pm
Response: I received a text this morning Lawson committed to Kansas

Okay?

I obviously know they've committed to Kansas. What does that have to do with the post of mine you quoted?

The_Iceman

KJ Lawson posted a video saying "F--- Tubby!"

Wonder what will happen...

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Bad look from K.J. Stuff like this is why I was not really keen on going down that road. I just didn't want Ole Miss to get them.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 13, 2017, 01:56:56 pm
Bad look from K.J. Stuff like this is why I was not really keen on going down that road. I just didn't want Ole Miss to get them.

I'm sure Self will keep him (Twitter link above is a fake account, my bad). He's kept guys that have done a lot worse.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 13, 2017, 01:58:02 pm
I'm sure Self will keep him (Twitter link above is a fake account, my bad). He's kept guys that have done a lot worse.

If he kept LaGerald Vick, might as well keep K.J.

Hogimus Prime

logic

Quote from: scorekeeper on April 05, 2017, 12:40:09 pm
Looking at their numbers seems like they are capable rebounders. Wouldn't they have to sit out for the 2017-2018 season?
They might sit out for a year getting more experience and then leave to go pro. How would that be to our benefit?

UofMemphis

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 13, 2017, 01:52:23 pm
KJ Lawson posted a video saying "F--- Tubby!"

Wonder what will happen...

yeah, that's a toxic situation and I'm glad Tubby is cleaning house. Tubby won't tolerate a father trying to pimp out his kids and demand coaching positions...he won't put up with undisciplined kids who run off at the mouth.

with Tubby Smith I can honestly say Memphis will win the right way, no shady stuff.

I like his incoming class, too.
memphistigers.org <--- memphis message board.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: UofMemphis on April 16, 2017, 10:13:39 am
yeah, that's a toxic situation and I'm glad Tubby is cleaning house. Tubby won't tolerate a father trying to pimp out his kids and demand coaching positions...he won't put up with undisciplined kids who run off at the mouth.

with Tubby Smith I can honestly say Memphis will win the right way, no shady stuff.

I like his incoming class, too.

Whatever makes your feel better. But I don't believe there is any chance Tubby makes to year 5.