Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas gets a $40.9 million payment for the 2016-17 season

Started by Con el Cerdos, February 01, 2018, 06:02:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

steveaustin69

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 02, 2018, 11:18:08 am
Do you see Wal Mart running from Amazon?   Is Wal-Mart going leave the retail industry and go to cryptocurrency because it EASIER to compete?   If our football team was made up of guys like you that are afraid of competiton, we wouldn't win one game.   

Does Wal-Mart LIKE having Amazon around? In other words, does Wal-Mart WANT more competition?  Answer is no, in case you still didn't get it.

Now that we've cleared up reading comprehension/critical thinking are not your strong suit, I'll address the second part of your post: We don't win too many SEC games as is so what's your point?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:19:22 am
Are we getting top tier players in SEC states now? Your argument makes no sense.

Already answered in last post.

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:18:21 am
Well the point was that we would likely not lose the Louisiana pull we already have; you clearly missed said point.

There is no point as our recruiting situation isn't comparable to A&M's in recruiting Texas or La due to location. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 02, 2018, 11:27:18 am
Already answered in last post.

There is no point as our recruiting situation isn't comparable to A&M's in recruiting Texas or La due to location.

So we're going to suffer because we give up some SEC recruiting grounds, but you acknowledge we don't get any players from said grounds as is.

Checks out.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:30:56 am
So we're going to suffer because we give up some SEC recruiting grounds, but you acknowledge we don't get any players from said grounds as is.

Checks out.

Never posted that. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 02, 2018, 11:33:20 am
Never posted that.

So we're going to suffer because we give up some SEC recruiting grounds, but you acknowledge we rarely get any players from said grounds as is.

Checks out.

Same concept. Sorry hyperbole stunted your ability to comprehend.

ricepig

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:30:56 am

Checks out.

30 players from SEC states that aren't AR, MO or TX.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:36:33 am

So we're going to suffer because we give up some SEC recruiting grounds, but you acknowledge we rarely get any players from said grounds as is.

Checks out.

Same concept. Sorry hyperbole stunted your ability to comprehend.

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:04:27 am
Am I missing something?  Have our recruiting classes been filled with studs from AL, GA, FL year in, year out?

You used a description of studs.  We rarely get what is considered a stud recruit from those states.  Doesn't mean we don't get good recruits who turn out to be good SEC players from those states.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 02, 2018, 11:40:35 am
You used a description of studs.  We rarely get what is considered a stud recruit from those states.  Doesn't mean we don't get good recruits who turn out to be good SEC players from those states.

Studs move the needle. Aren't we talking about moving the needle? 

Are mid tier TX players slower than mid tier GA players? Are they smaller too?

You said we'll get slower and smaller if we moved to the Big 12 with absolutely nothing to back that up

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2018, 08:34:16 am
It's why all schools, especially schools with benefactors like the U of A has, are able to make oversized buyout payments without blinking. U of A playing with monopoly money. Those here, and that would be most of you, who kept saying the U of A would not fire Bielema due to size of the buyout, did not understand at all the magnitude of the money falling out of U of A's pockets. The Bielema buyout is a one time event while the $41 million  + bowl revenue money is a recurring annual event.

The RF is responsible for paying the buyout. They don't get any money from the SEC. Donations to the RF is paying that buyout. However in a roundabout way big buyouts are made possible by having a big enough program to have enough donors and /or big donors to any type of group like the RF which ALL big programs have.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AirWarren

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 02, 2018, 11:18:08 am
Do you see Wal Mart running from Amazon?   Is Wal-Mart going leave the retail industry and go to cryptocurrency because it EASIER to compete?   If our football team was made up of guys like you that are afraid of competiton, we wouldn't win one game.   

I like seeing amazon slap Walmart around.

Walmart can't keep up. Already showing effects by closing that return center up there.

Inhogswetrust

February 02, 2018, 01:49:15 pm #110 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:18:18 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: AP85 on February 02, 2018, 12:44:23 pm
I like seeing amazon slap Walmart around.

Walmart can't keep up. Already showing effects by closing that return center up there.

Why? Walmart is important to the state of Arkansas's economy and the UA. Amazon isn't. Besides Walmart has gotten into the internet game itself. They own Jet and are buying other sites and etailers. Heck they could buy Amazon if they wanted to.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogtimes

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2018, 08:48:10 am
Correct, since we add nothing to their TV deals, we won't be asked to join, you know that.
Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2018, 08:19:19 am
It would be closer to $29m, unless the school we would be partnered with was bringing a large TV audience. $350m split 12 ways instead of 10.

Well to be fair, their distribution is  $40 million more when the  Sugar Bowl is  not  part  of the playoffs.... . approximately $4 million more per team.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 11:26:35 am
Does Wal-Mart LIKE having Amazon around? In other words, does Wal-Mart WANT more competition?  Answer is no, in case you still didn't get it.

Now that we've cleared up reading comprehension/critical thinking are not your strong suit, I'll address the second part of your post: We don't win too many SEC games as is so what's your point?
Are we playing football or selling groceries?  Who said any about MORE competition? Nobody is asking for more, I'm not saying we should go to the NFL. You are just asking for LESS.  Do you want to put your tail between your legs and run? Is Wal-mart running from Amazon like you want to do? 

So if we don't win enough for your liking in the Big 12, where should we go next?  Sun Belt?  AAC? 

Inhogswetrust

Gee I guess Amazon loves having competition then...............no wait it doesn't. It would like to not have it just the same as Walmart doesn't.

Hog-Corleone

Wal-Mart may not like, or may not want the competition, but it does make them better.  It means they have to continuously improve their marketing strategies, they have to continuously improve their overhead positions, etc.  If there were no competition, then the consumer would suffer with a whole lot of fat on Wal-Mart, and prices would rise to keep the pig fed. 

So, if you want to make that comparison you can, but in the end, better competition makes you better.  Check out what happened to OU, when they actually had to step out of the little 12 and play someone that was seasoned with better competition.  You're argument is stuck in a silo at best.  I would say that if we left the SEC, our level of recruiting, as bad as it may or may not have been, would get worse, because kids, unlike yourself, want to play against the best year in and year out. 
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

steveaustin69

February 02, 2018, 02:23:45 pm #115 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:44:35 pm by steveaustin69
Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 02, 2018, 01:57:36 pm
Are we playing football or selling groceries?  Who said any about MORE competition? Nobody is asking for more, I'm not saying we should go to the NFL. You are just asking for LESS.  Do you want to put your tail between your legs and run? Is Wal-mart running from Amazon like you want to do? 

So if we don't win enough for your liking in the Big 12, where should we go next?  Sun Belt?  AAC?

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 02, 2018, 09:43:12 am
Why?   You want to play less competition so you can get more wins, right?   7 wins in the SEC, 8-9 in the Big12, 12 wins in the Sunbelt, 14 wins and a natty in the FCS.   You want more wins, why stop at 8?

Quit telling yourself we don't understand, we do.  You want to move to the Big 12 because the competiton is easier in your mind, that is a p***y move.  If your gonna wear a dress, go all out.  Wear some makeup and heels, shave your legs and get your hair done.

I'd be pretty ok with 8.5 wins a year and winning the conference  (and likely going to the playoff)  on average every five years.  Keep holding onto this faux macho we play the best stuff.  I want what best gives the Razorbacks a chance to win a national championship, and I hate to break it to you that's not in the SEC West. Maybe in the BCS days it was, but with the CFP a one loss P5 conference champ will be in nearly every time.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on February 02, 2018, 02:09:44 pm
Wal-Mart may not like, or may not want the competition, but it does make them better.  It means they have to continuously improve their marketing strategies, they have to continuously improve their overhead positions, etc.  If there were no competition, then the consumer would suffer with a whole lot of fat on Wal-Mart, and prices would rise to keep the pig fed. 

So, if you want to make that comparison you can, but in the end, better competition makes you better.  Check out what happened to OU, when they actually had to step out of the little 12 and play someone that was seasoned with better competition.  You're argument is stuck in a silo at best.  I would say that if we left the SEC, our level of recruiting, as bad as it may or may not have been, would get worse, because kids, unlike yourself, want to play against the best year in and year out.

Are you really trying to say a double overtime loss means you are an inferior team with inferior talent? If Riley just kicks it deep to end the half I doubt UGA wins that game. OU was unstoppable in the first half.

Would you rather be in the top third of your conference in recruiting rankings or the bottom third?  I'd rather be in the top third and have a more talented team than the majority of my competition which likely lead to a conference championship, and a subsequent playoff berth.  Easier to beat TCU, OSU, OU, Bama than it is to beat Auburn, LSU, Bama, UGA, [insert P5 conf champ]

I don't think recruiting would slip much for the reasons discussed above; unless we get a generational head coach we will likely never be a heavy hitter in recruiting.

wildturkey8

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 02:42:01 pm
Are you really trying to say a double overtime loss means you are an inferior team with inferior talent? If Riley just kicks it deep to end the half I doubt UGA wins that game. OU was unstoppable in the first half.

Would you rather be in the top third of your conference in recruiting rankings or the bottom third?  I'd rather be in the top third and have a more talented team than the majority of my competition which likely lead to a conference championship, and a subsequent playoff berth.  Easier to beat TCU, OSU, OU, Bama than it is to beat Auburn, LSU, Bama, UGA, [insert P5 conf champ]

I don't think recruiting would slip much for the reasons discussed above; unless we get a generational head coach we will likely never be a heavy hitter in recruiting.

A Sooner in our mist.

RME

Quote from: wildturkey8 on February 02, 2018, 02:49:51 pm
A Sooner in our mist.

I guess it's hard to see who's standing in our midst with all that mist around.

steveaustin69

A Sooner in our mist.

I'm not surprised that's what you took out of that post considering you don't know the difference between mist and midst.

Busta_Nutt

A Sooner in our mist.

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2018, 02:50:44 pm
I guess it's hard to see who's standing in our midst with all that mist around.

Nah, just a little too much Wild Turkey on this Friday afternoon.

RME

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 02, 2018, 02:52:36 pm

"Midsty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye..."

ricepig

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 02:52:25 pm
I'm not surprised that's what you took out of that post considering you don't know the difference between mist and midst.

I must say that the point was missed.

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2018, 01:49:15 pm
Why? Walmart is important to the state of Arkansas's economy and the UA. Amazon isn't. Besides Walmart has gotten into the internet game itself. They own Jet and are buying other sites and etailers. Heck they could buy Amazon if they wanted to.
Amazon's market cap is more than double the size of Walmart. So, don't think WMT could buy AMZN.

AirWarren

Quote from: Karma on February 02, 2018, 03:13:21 pm
Amazon's market cap is more than double the size of Walmart. So, don't think WMT could buy AMZN.

Correct. It's a foolish assumption to think Wal-Mart will push around amazon long term.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2018, 01:49:15 pm

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

RME

All 14 SEC schools as retailers: Go!

ricepig

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 03:21:57 pm
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

Just your everyday leveraged buyout.....

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 03:21:57 pm

One should look at oneself before one quotes confucius...

Hog-Corleone

No, but if they were battle tested, against better competition, they might not have gotten the brakes beat off of them in the second half.  That was the point. 

And yes, our recruiting would be worse in the BIG 12.  With all due respect, and remember, I'm saying with all due respect, most kids coming out of high school, that aren't going to Alabama or LSU or Auburn, want to play against them.  Not against TCU, or Baylor, or KU, or KSU, or TT, you could even throw OU and Texass in there as well.  And turning a kid from BAMA, or LSU, or Auburn would be much more difficult in the Big 12 than it is in the SEC.  Hell, They would probably even prefer to play at MState, Missouri, or Ole Miss, and play against those other schools, than go to Arkansas and play in the Big12.  Great players want great competition. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 02:52:25 pm

Some day you'll either use bad grammar or misspell a word and get called out it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 02, 2018, 02:52:36 pm

Damn I haven't even started drinking yet! I better get started.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on February 02, 2018, 04:12:14 pm
No, but if they were battle tested, against better competition, they might not have gotten the brakes beat off of them in the second half.  That was the point. 

And yes, our recruiting would be worse in the BIG 12.  With all due respect, and remember, I'm saying with all due respect, most kids coming out of high school, that aren't going to Alabama or LSU or Auburn, want to play against them.  Not against TCU, or Baylor, or KU, or KSU, or TT, you could even throw OU and Texass in there as well.  And turning a kid from BAMA, or LSU, or Auburn would be much more difficult in the Big 12 than it is in the SEC.  Hell, They would probably even prefer to play at MState, Missouri, or Ole Miss, and play against those other schools, than go to Arkansas and play in the Big12.  Great players want great competition.

Georgia was "battle tested" and got the brakes beat off them in the first half.  I don't agree with your recruiting take, we rarely flip a big name from those schools as is so nothing would change.  But, so you don't get blue in the face, we'll pretend that happens. And I'll just refer you to my previous post:

Would you rather be in the top third of your POWER 5 conference in recruiting rankings or the bottom third?  I'd rather be in the top third and have a more talented team than the majority of my competition which likely lead to a conference championship, and a subsequent playoff berth.  Easier to beat TCU, OSU, OU, Bama than it is to beat Auburn, LSU, Bama, UGA, [insert P5 conf champ]

Inhogswetrust

Double? Last time I checked they had surpassed them but it wasn't near doubling. Besides market capitalization has little to do with with it. A LOT of times a company with a less cap can buy one with a higher one. Market cap is solely a stock measure. And there are a LOT lot things that affect stock value. I would suggest you look ta few other numbers before saying that.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on February 02, 2018, 04:04:13 pm
One should look at oneself before one quotes confucius...

If thinking Arkansas has a better chance of winning a national championship in the Big 12 than the SEC makes you a fool, then you betcha I am.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2018, 04:25:11 pm
Double? Last time I checked they had surpassed them but it wasn't near doubling. Besides market capitalization has little to do with with it. A LOT of times a company with a less cap can buy one with a higher one.

689B is more than double 309B. It took me approximately 15 seconds to look that information up; you should try doing that more often. To put it in perspective for you, the time it took to look that up is approximately three to four of your ellipsis strokes you seem to have anytime you're attempting to prove a point.

You're right, market cap often has very little to do with an acquisition. How would any merger ever happen? Hell, Wal-Mart only has $8B in cash on its books. Would you care to explain for the class how Wal-Mart is going to go about this takeover of Amazon? 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 04:30:22 pm
689B is more than double 309B. It took me approximately 15 seconds to look that information up; you should try doing that more often. You're right, market cap often has very little to do with an acquisition. How would any merger ever happen? Hell, Wal-Mart only has $8B in cash on its books. Would you care to explain for the class how Wal-Mart is going to go about this takeover of Amazon? 

I said last time I looked it up. I didn't say that was today. Hell I'm not surprised you would. Did I say they were GOING to take over Amazon. No I didn't. That doesn't mean that couldn't IF they wanted to. As far as the cash goes a LOT of times companies are bought with little cash exchanging hands.

ricepig

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 04:30:22 pm
689B is more than double 309B. It took me approximately 15 seconds to look that information up; you should try doing that more often. To put it in perspective for you, the time it took to look that up is approximately three to four of your ellipsis strokes you seem to have anytime you're attempting to prove a point.

You're right, market cap often has very little to do with an acquisition. How would any merger ever happen? Hell, Wal-Mart only has $8B in cash on its books. Would you care to explain for the class how Wal-Mart is going to go about this takeover of Amazon? 

Is it a takeover, or are they buying them? In either case, it only takes money, it doesn't have to be your own.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 04:25:19 pm
If thinking Arkansas has a better chance of winning a national championship in the Big 12 than the SEC makes you a fool, then you betcha I am.

Probably still gotta beat BAMA, LSU, or GA to do it, so what's the difference between knocking them off early than later.  I think there was a team in the BIG 12 a few years ago that was left out that was undefeated.  Prior to the Playoffs, but 2 teams from the SEC made it this year, and there were several teams wiht the same records, that were left out. 

Doesn't matter, I like travelling to Oxford, and Baton Rouge, and Auburn, and Tuscaloosa, and Knoxville.  Waco, Lubbock, Lawrence, Manhattan, Norman, Stillwater... Not so much... Try selling that to a 5-star outside of TX.  The position you are taking, is "I can't hack it here, so I am going to take my ball and go play in the little 12".  Sorry, dude, my momma didn't raise me like that.  That's why the best coaches are fighting for a chance to coach in the SEC.  and that's why the best players want to play there.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2018, 04:35:26 pm
I said last time I looked it up. I didn't say that was today. Hell I'm not surprised you would. Did I say they were GOING to take over Amazon. No I didn't. That doesn't mean that couldn't IF they wanted to. As far as the cash goes a LOT of times companies are bought with little cash exchanging hands.

Yes, sherlock, that is why I pointed to Wal-Mart's relatively low cash balance. Wal-Mart could not buy Amazon if they wanted to.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on February 02, 2018, 04:38:08 pm
Probably still gotta beat BAMA, LSU, or GA to do it, so what's the difference between knocking them off early than later.  I think there was a team in the BIG 12 a few years ago that was left out that was undefeated. Prior to the Playoffs, but 2 teams from the SEC made it this year, and there were several teams wiht the same records, that were left out. 

Doesn't matter, I like travelling to Oxford, and Baton Rouge, and Auburn, and Tuscaloosa, and Knoxville.  Waco, Lubbock, Lawrence, Manhattan, Norman, Stillwater... Not so much... Try selling that to a 5-star outside of TX.  The position you are taking, is "I can't hack it here, so I am going to take my ball and go play in the little 12".  Sorry, dude, my momma didn't raise me like that.  That's why the best coaches are fighting for a chance to coach in the SEC.  and that's why the best players want to play there.

First Bold: Wrong

Second Bold: Oklahoma made it, too. They play in the ___________.  To come out of the SEC this year we'd have to beat those two aforementioned teams plus the entire SECW (which includes a team that beat both of those teams.)

Third Bold: That's great for you; thanks for sharing.

Fourth Bold: I don't care how your mother raised you, but thanks for sharing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 04:39:09 pm
Yes, sherlock, that is why I pointed to Wal-Mart's relatively low cash balance. Wal-Mart could not buy Amazon if they wanted to.

Sure they can. So could several other companies. You're missing a couple of huge hints in those financials. But I'll not tell you. Figure it out for yourself since you think you're so smart.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2018, 04:45:42 pm
Sure they can. So could several other companies. You're missing a couple of huge hints in those financials. But I'll not tell you.

Please explain for the class.  Forgive me for being skeptical that you are well versed in looking at and understanding 10-Ks.  Might I ask you, if they had the means, why they would not want to acquire Amazon?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 04:48:15 pm
Please explain for the class.  Forgive me for being skeptical that you are well versed in looking at and understanding 10-Ks.  Might I ask you, if they had the means, why they would not want to acquire Amazon?

Might be dumbest thing you may have ever said or asked on here. Just because a company CAN do something doesn't mean they WANT to do it or SHOULD do it.

Besides it might be tough to get past the government bureaucrats.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2018, 04:51:34 pm
Might be dumbest thing you may have ever said or asked on here. Just because a company CAN do something doesn't mean they WANT to do it or SHOULD do it.

Besides it might be tough to get past the government bureaucrats.

Bold seems a little redundant.

Direct competition, strong fundamentals. Seems like a move you'd want to make, doesn't it?

I agree, it would likely run into some legal issues. But aside from Amazon being highly levered can you please explain to me why Wal-Mart would not WANT to do it?

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 04:45:32 pm
First Bold: Wrong - TCU 2010 was Undefeated - Left OUT

Second Bold: Oklahoma made it, too. They play in the ___________.  To come out of the SEC this year we'd have to beat those two aforementioned teams plus the entire SECW (which includes a team that beat both of those teams.) No, Georgia lost to Alabama.

Third Bold: That's great for you; thanks for sharing.  Yes, I have great taste, and don't enjoy the smell of stockyards and meth labs.

Fourth Bold: I don't care how your mother raised you, but thanks for sharing. Just a comment on my personality, I like competition, and want to compete against the best, whether its in sports, or in business.  It gives me a greater feeling of accomplishment win or lose.

So, we can agree to disagree, but i doubt this conversation changes your opinion, my opinion, nor will it sway the opinions of those who ultimately make the decisions.  So, I am pretty much done here...

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on February 02, 2018, 05:01:41 pm
So, we can agree to disagree, but i doubt this conversation changes your opinion, my opinion, nor will it sway the opinions of those who ultimately make the decisions.  So, I am pretty much done here...

TCU was in the Mountain West in 2010. Arkansas plays Alabama and Auburn every year as members of the western division. We would have needed to beat both to get to Atlanta where we would have faced Georgia.

Fact you can't figure that out for yourself means I am done here as well.

ricepig

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 02, 2018, 05:07:43 pm
TCU was in the Mountain West in 2010. Arkansas plays Alabama and Auburn every year as members of the western division. We would have needed to beat both to get to Atlanta where we would have faced Georgia.

Fact you can't figure that out for yourself means I am done here as well.

Not necessarily, we could have beaten only one of them, as long as every other West team has two losses, and we only have one.

urkillnmesmalls

I clicked on this fully expecting to see the same age old argument about us tucking tail and leaving the SEC.  It's like watching a car crash...you know what's coming, but you still don't look away. 

So disappointed in myself.  I know better. 

Aren't you guys a little worried that if we can't beat TCU and Texas Tech in our last two attempts collectively, then it might be tough to get past OU and OSU?  We better forget about that and drop another notch into the Sunbelt.  Probably win there easier.   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hou-Hog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 01, 2018, 09:50:08 pm
Their payout was around $35M a team.  Interested to see how those 5 extra mil are gonna translate to Ws on the field.
the Big 12 payout is not an even distribution meaning that Texas and OU receive a larger share than the rest of the members.  So unless you did a really good job negotiating on your way in you would see a natural divide within the conference.  At least the SEC splits the funds equitably