Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taco throwing off the mound

Started by bulldog04, September 28, 2015, 06:42:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

How well Taco and McKinney recover and subsequently do between them will have a lot to do with how good we are this year, throw in Zach Jackson, and if they are all in good fashion by conference time, we have a lot to look forward too.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

twoheadedhog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on September 28, 2015, 06:56:00 pm
How well Taco and McKinney recover and subsequently do between them will have a lot to do with how good we are this year, throw in Zach Jackson, and if they are all in good fashion by conference time, we have a lot to look forward too.

James Teague is 100% cleared for throwing this fall and now throwing off the mound.  He threw in relief and started last year.  Big performances in Regionals and Super.  Should be right there in the mix as weekend starter.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: twoheadedhog on September 29, 2015, 12:38:22 pm
James Teague is 100% cleared for throwing this fall and now throwing off the mound.  He threw in relief and started last year.  Big performances in Regionals and Super.  Should be right there in the mix as weekend starter.

you're right of course, I didnt mean to slight anyone.  If James both regains his form and continues to improve, he should be our most valuable mid-week starter, long reliever, spot weekend starter, maybe even closer, depending on how Zach Jackson fares and is used. 1+ (let me be the first) for the effort, especially since you havent posted much, at least under that name.

Big Nasty 34

Next year could be similar to this past year in that we will probably struggle a little early on, but should be rolling late. We will probably have a lot of young guys getting innings as some of our bell cows are healing. As long as our core is healthy for the stretch run we will be fine. Good chance for offense to learn how to carry us until pitching solidifies.

jry04

When all of our pitchers get to full strength we will have a pretty good staff. I am excited about their potential.

PorkRinds

I prefer to eat my tacos at the kitchen table instead of throwing them off the mound... ;)

The_Iceman

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 30, 2015, 08:35:02 am
I prefer to eat my tacos at the kitchen table instead of throwing them off the mound... ;)

When I read the Thread Title, I was really confused. I thought maybe it was a weird ceremonial first pitch gimmick or something.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 30, 2015, 09:49:44 am
When I read the Thread Title, I was really confused. I thought maybe it was a weird ceremonial first pitch gimmick or something.

Yeah, probably happens in winter ball in the Mexican League.