Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Financials of Nascar

Started by 10thPlanet, March 03, 2013, 07:54:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

Interesting article on Nascar and economy. I wonder how International Speedway Corp, can keep attendence from share holders, and expect them to stay on board.
http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-u-economy-more-scary-crashes-threatens-nascar-005919912--finance.html

ImHogginIt

No mention of how so many boring 1,5 mile tracks have helped decrease interest.

RazrRila99

Just goes to show how much society is cutting back on their luxury spending.  The big races (Daytona, Dega, Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville) will most likely continue bringing in their crowds, but the Californias, Kansas', Chicagos will start to show some significant decline.  Heck, last year was the first year Kansas sold individual event tickets.  I see the next couple of years in person attendance at these type of events to be significantly lower than today.  IF it wasnt for blackout regulations at NFL games Id say the same thing. 

Racinray

Like him or hate him, but Kyle Petty tells it like it is.

DeWayne R

The price of tickets and hotels doubling thier rates on nascar weekends is why I stop attending nascar races. Last three year we've been hitting dirt tracks for big races and seen more of the counrty at a third of the cost.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 03, 2013, 08:43:23 am
No mention of how so many boring 1,5 mile tracks have helped decrease interest.

This...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

sooieet

The fact that a large percentage of races are finished under green/white/checkered doesn't help my interest level. Why spend 3 hours watching someone build up a big lead when NASCAR will automatically throw a competition caution (they call them debris cautions) to make sure one of the favorites has a chance to win.

arky870

Quote from: DeWayne R (Deewain32) on March 03, 2013, 11:34:34 am
The price of tickets and hotels doubling thier rates on nascar weekends is why I stop attending nascar races. Last three year we've been hitting dirt tracks for big races and seen more of the counrty at a third of the cost.

seen a lot better racing too

HogScoutMaster

Taking the family to Dega this year I hope...Camping out, IT FREE
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: DewUar88 on March 04, 2013, 04:14:35 pm
Taking the family to Dega this year I hope...Camping out, IT FREE

How'd you score that?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.