Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Vanderbilt go to another bowl game?

Started by Chappeee, August 26, 2009, 09:11:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

They play Western Carolina, Rice, Army and Ga Tech for Non-Conf games...

Yes and they win
10 (58.8%)
Yes but do not win
2 (11.8%)
Not this year
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Chappeee

Hope they do, unless they steal Arkansas's spot...

rebelbruiser

I sure hope not.  I can't stand those people.  I hope they go 2-10.

The Hogfather

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 26, 2009, 09:29:17 am

Why?

I hope they go to a bowl game.

How can anyone, anywhere hate Vandy?

rebelbruiser

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2009, 09:46:25 am
Why?

I hope they go to a bowl game.

How can anyone, anywhere hate Vandy?

How can anyone not hate Vandy is my question?  You don't know them that well yet because you don't have a lot of experience with them.

If you're too good to care about athletics, as they like to claim, then why field a team?  If they want to pretend they are above the passion that surrounds SEC football, then I think they deserve to lose every game they play in the SEC.  They don't care enough to deserve a decent team.

I was pulling hard for them to finish last season on an 0-7 skid to miss out on the bowl picture, but Kentucky let them get by for their 6th win.

I'd say I hope they go 0-12, but I'm feeling nice today, so I'll only pull for them to go 2-10.  If you want to pretend you don't care, you deserve to be the doormat.

The Hogfather

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 26, 2009, 10:09:49 am
How can anyone not hate Vandy is my question?  You don't know them that well yet because you don't have a lot of experience with them.

If you're too good to care about athletics, as they like to claim, then why field a team?  If they want to pretend they are above the passion that surrounds SEC football, then I think they deserve to lose every game they play in the SEC.  They don't care enough to deserve a decent team.

I was pulling hard for them to finish last season on an 0-7 skid to miss out on the bowl picture, but Kentucky let them get by for their 6th win.

I'd say I hope they go 0-12, but I'm feeling nice today, so I'll only pull for them to go 2-10.  If you want to pretend you don't care, you deserve to be the doormat.

I know plenty about them and have plenty of experience with their fans.  The ones I know aren't like what you describe at all.  It is kind of hard to get TOO pumped up about a football team there, as they finish last or second-to-last nearly every year in the East.  What do you expect?

As far as I've seen, they don't act like that when it comes to basketball.

I just don't get how you can hate Vandy.  They're so insignificant most years (although your coach made them quite significant when we played them) in football.

85AHog

I dont hate the team, however I do view VU very differently now. My work has been heavily linked to them for the past two years and man they make life a crapper for me sometimes.

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 26, 2009, 10:17:51 am
I know plenty about them and have plenty of experience with their fans.  The ones I know aren't like what you describe at all.  It is kind of hard to get TOO pumped up about a football team there, as they finish last or second-to-last nearly every year in the East.  What do you expect?

As far as I've seen, they don't act like that when it comes to basketball.

I just don't get how you can hate Vandy.  They're so insignificant most years (although your coach made them quite significant when we played them) in football.

Burt B.

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 26, 2009, 10:09:49 am

Lets not give Kentucky all the credit. Ole piss made their contribution to getting them bowl eligible. Your loss counted just as much. Just because they have high academic standereds, you hate them? A player has to truly be a student athlete to play for them. Just more useless drivel from you.   

rebelbruiser

Quote from: Snuff on August 26, 2009, 12:05:37 pm
Lets not give Kentucky all the credit. Ole piss made their contribution to getting them bowl eligible. Your loss counted just as much. Just because they have high academic standereds, you hate them? A player has to truly be a student athlete to play for them. Just more useless drivel from you.

Believe me, I know.  It still kills me to know that my team contributed to that.  It's not that they have high academic standards.  It's the fact that their fans and administration like to pretend they are above athletics and they are above the passion that other SEC fanbases have for their athletic programs.  It's a "look at those crazy rednecks and how much they care about their football" type attitude.

You can like them all you want, but I reserve the right to pull for them to finish dead last every year.  The only reason most people want to pull for Vandy is the same reason they want to pull for a disabled kid.  Only Vanderbilt isn't disabled.  They just don't care enough.  If they want to be in the SEC and receive the benefits of being in the SEC, then I don't want to hear about how they don't want to support a football program.

I also hate Kentucky fans because they think basketball is more important than football.  College football is king in the SEC, and if you don't put your football program first, I don't respect your fans or athletic department.

Chappeee

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 26, 2009, 09:29:17 am

Whom do you hope they beat?

Tripod1

I will be pulling for them.  I respect their stance and their school.  Helps bring the GPA for the SEC up!!!

rebelbruiser

Quote from: Chappeee on August 26, 2009, 01:33:20 pm
Whom do you hope they beat?

Had to look at their schedule, but I'll give them Western Carolina and hope they beat MSU for the other one.  I just don't want them in a bowl game again.

Burt B.

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 26, 2009, 02:46:57 pm
Had to look at their schedule, but I'll give them Western Carolina and hope they beat MSU for the other one.  I just don't want them in a bowl game again.

Your coach better buckle both chinstraps because his record against Vandy isn't stellar.

LeArrEssSea

I almost went to Vandy but could hardly afford it.  While I hate them when we play them, I'm fine with Vanderbilt.

vandybuff

Wow, I have most certainly learned a lot about Vandy in this thread.  :)
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

DeltaBoy

They should and if they had Ole Pisses schedule they would be a lock for a bowl game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

31to6

Yes.

After watching USCE last night and given the questions at TN and (to a much lesser extent) at GA the 2-6 spots in the SEC-E are wide open and Johnson is a really good coach.

vandybuff

As we say here in the SEC east, most teams have more talent represented in a monday morning arraignment than we have on our entire team, but the only way to know who wins is by playing the games.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!