Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which is the most impressive program/team?

Started by clemensrules01, April 11, 2006, 10:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

UCLA Basketball
Dallas Cowboys
New York Yankees
Boston Celtics
Notre Dame football
North Carolina women's soccer
Iowa Wrestling
Arkansas Track

clemensrules01

i would say the celtics had the most impressive run with their one time run of 11 championships in 13 years. but, now they arent a powerhouse. UCLA basketball has went to at least two NC's (that i know of) in the past 11 years and won one, continuing the wooden tradition.

why North carolina women's soccer? Maybe because they won 15 national championships from 1979 to 1999. Iowa wrestling? 15 NC's from 1978-1997.

i think we all know about Arkansas Track.

my vote will go to Arkansas because im biased. Looking from an unbiased point of view, however, one almost has to go with the Yankees. no one can match their tradition or winning. yankees should get the vote, but ill be voting for arkansas because it is my duty as a razorback fan.

The_Bionic_Pig

If you want a unbiased vote (especially from me) your going to have to remove the Arkansas track program from that list of options.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

clemensrules01

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 11, 2006, 10:23:07 pm
If you want a unbiased vote (especially from me) your going to have to remove the Arkansas track program from that list of options.
yeah same here. but then this thread would be full of complaints as to why they arent on here. oh well, we have to win something.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Cooper on April 11, 2006, 10:25:09 pm
Why are the Cowboys on there?
they hold the record for most Super Bowl appearances (7 i think) and are tied for most super bowl wins (4). i had to put an nfl team in there since it is the most watched sport of any.

zwhogfan

Easy, Arkansas track, no one has ever dominated like the track team. I try to go to all of the meets when I can.

Richard_white

Quote from: clemensrules01 on April 11, 2006, 10:27:19 pm
they hold the record for most Super Bowl appearances (7 i think) and are tied for most super bowl wins (4). i had to put an nfl team in there since it is the most watched sport of any.

They are first in appearances and tied in wins with Steelers

Broken Trigger

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 11, 2006, 10:57:30 pm

They are first in appearances and tied in wins with Steelers

Yeah, most total appearances.  Tied in wins with the Steelers(my team) and the 49'ers with 5 wins instead of 4. 

VoR

My vote has to be track, since I moved here in '84 I can't recall a finish below 3rd, and the fact they manage to do it 3 times a year with differing variations on the sport makes it all the more remarkable.
I would have probably used either USC or Okla on college FB though, not that either would have changed my vote.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Richard_white

You know I would be bias if I said Arkansas Track but (MOP)

New York Yankees or Boston Celtics

SAUhogfan

Wait a minute, where are the Houston Astros?

msudawgs64

as a college baseball fan, I will add the 12 championships won by USC and the 5 straight from 1970 to 1974.  Impressive..

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

OklaU

Not that an un-biased vote would hurt someones feelings, I am sure your not going to get someone to disagree and become offended.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

pigfeet

I know they have struggled with winning world series but the Atlanta Braves 14 straight division titles is very impressive

msudawgs64

Quote from: pigfeet on April 11, 2006, 11:51:45 pm
I know they have struggled with winning world series but the Atlanta Braves 14 straight division titles is very impressive

it is..it is one of those things now though that I had actually lost count of how many they had won, it has become automatic, like the sun rising in the east, we know it happens so we don't think much about it. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

VoR

Quote from: pigfeet on April 11, 2006, 11:51:45 pm
I thought about mentioning them as well, and as impressive as that feet is/was, it's kinda like that ugly chick we all know that's best friends with all the good looking girls, always the bridesmaid, but somehow can't get the ring. After awhile even if you don't really like them, or even dislike them you begin to feel sorry for them.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

gumby013

I wanted to vote for the Globetrotters.  However, the Celtics will have to do.

hogfan064

I'd say Arkansas Track.  The other teams mentioned don't have the amount of competetion Arkansas Track has.  I'm no track expert, but doesn't every school have a track program?  There's got to be at least 200 track programs out there I'd imagine.  The Celtics run was impressive, but they only competed against 20 other teams.

bigyellowdog

I'll go with Arkansas track.  The other programs all have much more money and a fanbase that are much larger than the hogs track program. 

pfrg999

super bowl wins..... 5 .... 49ers and the Steelers also have 5
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

aristotle

Atlanta Braves. Going for number 15 in a row. That is very impressive.

UCLA's dominance under John Wooden

Arkansas Track of course.

King-Tusk

49ers have the best win percentage.  5 out of 5

God I hate Dallas

I tried to teach my little girl how to give the bird to the Cowboys store in the mall.

My wife smacked me and told me not to embarass her.  LOL

Oh yeah...Arkansas track

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hogfan064

As much as I hate to say it Texas Baseball is very dominant.  They've been to 30+ CWS.  Others to consider

Tennessee Women's Basketball

Oklahoma State Wrestling

Mount Union Div III football team