Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL Red-White Spring Scrimmage

Started by BigoBoys, April 10, 2006, 09:42:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigoBoys

April 10, 2006, 09:42:42 pm Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 01:24:56 pm by WindyCityHog
Does anyone know the format of the Red/White game? Is it #1offense against #1defense, or do they chose up sides and play? 

DOGALUM

Mitch is going to decide who plays and who doesn't.........oh.....sorry......thought this was the "Facts about Mitch Mustain" thread.   :P
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hog caller

ist team offence and 1str team defence against the scrubs and back ups.

how do you connect to EAS Rasorwire?? duh, huh ,how do ya?

mikeirwin

Quote from: hog caller on April 10, 2006, 09:52:23 pm
ist team offence and 1str team defence against the scrubs and back ups.

how do you connect to EAS Rasorwire?? duh, huh ,how do ya?
With the White's getting 7 points a quarter to make it interesting. The Reds will have to score at least 29 points to win.

Factual Fiction

Quote from: BigoBoys on April 10, 2006, 09:42:42 pm
Does anyone know the format of the Red/White game? Is it #1offense against #1defense, or do they chose up sides and play? 
Do you mean like in school when two people picked their team? It would be interesting to see who would be picked last? Mortenson?

Patch

Do they sell programs at the game with player numbers/positions etc.?

Kilgor

Quote from: Patch on April 10, 2006, 10:49:24 pm

Rosters are always handed out for free.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Patch

Quote from: Kilgor on April 10, 2006, 10:59:13 pm
Quote from: Patch on April 10, 2006, 10:49:24 pm

Rosters are always handed out for free.

Awesome. Thanks.

CiriusPorker

I think getting 29 points on the Whites should NOT be a problem..if it is, we'll see some people losing their starting jobs..

Patch

Quote from: CiriusPorker on April 10, 2006, 11:54:17 pm
I think getting 29 points on the Whites should NOT be a problem

As a caucasion, I find this very offensive  :P

..if it is, we'll see some people losing their starting jobs..

I'd love to see that happen. I assume the Head Coach is considered a starter. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Patch on April 11, 2006, 12:41:13 am
I think getting 29 points on the Whites should NOT be a problem

As a caucasion, I find this very offensive  :P

..if it is, we'll see some people losing their starting jobs..

I'd love to see that happen. I assume the Head Coach is considered a starter. 

Not just genius once...but twice.

+karma for you my friend.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

This is for Mike or anyone that seen some practices.

How has Keith Jackson doing?

Any improvement so far?

berg

g.lynn

Mike, in you opinion, what's been the biggest difference this year versus past years under HDN during Spring Football:
  Organization?
  Coaches coaching?
  Discipline?
  Toughness?
  Having O and D Coordinators? 
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

The_Bionic_Pig

April 11, 2006, 10:15:40 am #14 Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:33:40 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Some of the best competition of Arkansas' spring practice is at the right defensive end spot between sophomore Antwain Robinson and senior Anthony Brown. (Click Below)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

But Nutt said he'll give the backup players, as the White team, a bit of help every 15 minutes -- he'll award them seven points for each of the four quarters they play.  Click Below

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Good thing new coordinator Gus Malzahn's offense utilizes running backs as wide receivers, too. Otherwise Marcus Monk would be the only reliable target this spring for the Arkansas offensive coordinator/receivers coach. (Click Below)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pork and mindy

If he is looking to draw in more people, why put on a sham of a contest? I'd rather see the first team offense against the first team defense.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

paraloma

Dallas Washington for Heisman

bigred7987

I really dont understand the logic in letting your 1st teamers roll over 2nd teamers.....1st team offense and 1st team defense should be going up against each other. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: bigred7987 on April 11, 2006, 11:42:11 am
I really dont understand the logic in letting your 1st teamers roll over 2nd teamers.....1st team offense and 1st team defense should be going up against each other. 

Nothing like easier - TD's to get the crowd involved in the game..... kinda see where I am going. ;)  You want that crowd participation because the real battle's will come in August!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bigred7987

I prefer for our team to be ready for what they will see come USC and our SEC schedule....not our Utah State schedule. 

hogwild84

The scrimmage doesn't make any sense. How are we gonna tell how our team is actually performing if they are going up against the scrub team? Just because they get 7 pts/quarter doesn't qualify as game time experience for 1st stringers. I want to see our 1st team offense and defense duel it out. Another idiotic attempt at trying to be creative by HDN.

rzrbaxfan

I have been debating about going there but it doesn't sound like its worth 6 hrs of driving just to see that.  Just my opinion.

King-Tusk

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

mikeirwin

The formula Nutt came up with is a good one. This idea of splitting the team into two equal teams and playing a game would tell the coaches almost nothing. Neither team would resemble the team they'll put on the field this fall. The best idea is to scrimmage ones against ones. They've been doing that until this spring but Nutt has decided to give in to the pressure to play a real game. He should have known it would simply start another round of complaining.

zwhogfan

I love to see competition for positions. Lets the players know that they can't slack and relax b/c if they do, that starting slot is gone. I like the way Herring handles things, no one's spot is safe, they have to go out and earn it every day, which is how it should be.

berg

jforte

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 11, 2006, 12:51:26 pm
The formula Nutt came up with is a good one. This idea of splitting the team into two equal teams and playing a game would tell the coaches almost nothing. Neither team would resemble the team they'll put on the field this fall. The best idea is to scrimmage ones against ones. They've been doing that until this spring but Nutt has decided to give in to the pressure to play a real game. He should have known it would simply start another round of complaining.

starts at 1pm doesn't it?  I agree the revised format is the only way to go if you ask me.  I think the defense will again dominate but not without a couple big plays from Dmac and hillis or Fjones

King-Tusk

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

HOGLUVIN

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: Factual Fiction on April 10, 2006, 10:25:48 pm
Quote from: BigoBoys on April 10, 2006, 09:42:42 pm
Do you mean like in school when two people picked their team? It would be interesting to see who would be picked last? Mortenson?

Yes, Red will have Dick and ROJO  :-X

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: jforte on April 11, 2006, 01:22:31 pm
starts at 1pm doesn't it?  I agree the revised format is the only way to go if you ask me.  I think the defense will again dominate but not without a couple big plays from Dmac and hillis or Fjones
The defense will dominate the 2nd teamers.  The offense will score on the second team D at will.

MBAHog

Quote from: abostian on April 11, 2006, 01:54:40 pm
The defense will dominate the 2nd teamers.  The offense will score on the second team D at will.

This is why I think it's a good idea.  We'll feel good if the first teamers dominate the 2nd team D, and we'll feel good if the 2nd team O can't score on the first team D. 

If anything other than this happens, then we know exactly where the problems are.

If we played 1st team O v. 1st team D, then if the offense can't score, half of the fans will say that our offense isn't improving.  If we score too much, then they'll say our D sucks.  This way,  the 1st teamers will be on the field at all times.  That way we won't get bored with 2nd team offense v. 2nd team defense.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: MBAHog on April 11, 2006, 02:12:49 pm

This is why I think it's a good idea.  We'll feel good if the first teamers dominate the 2nd team D, and we'll feel good if the 2nd team O can't score on the first team D. 

If anything other than this happens, then we know exactly where the problems are.

If we played 1st team O v. 1st team D, then if the offense can't score, half of the fans will say that our offense isn't improving.  If we score too much, then they'll say our D sucks.  This way,  the 1st teamers will be on the field at all times.  That way we won't get bored with 2nd team offense v. 2nd team defense.