Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Timing

Started by jacklambert, April 10, 2006, 08:42:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jacklambert

Why put the spring scrimmage on this weekend? easter makes it difficult for people in central and southern arkansas to make the trip (gonna do it anyway), but should be planned where more fans can make it.

jacklambert

does dale like Jesus?  it's easter weekend!

The Pulse

It's just a day trip for most people anyway isn't it. I don't know, but man this is gonna be fun to watch. I think that the starters are gonna beat the 28 points that they are being spotted easily.

jacklambert

i hope they show a lot, doubt if it will happen but who knows

jacklambert

we're driving from hot springs, 3.5 to 4 hours.....thats dedication(plus we have friends to stay with) no hotel

RebelHawg

The reason for that is because the U of A goes on spring break then that gives the team 3 weeks or 15 practices to fit in before the coaches recuiting period opens. It happens to fall on Easter weekend. It is a bad idea to have a week between pracitces so this just the way things fell.

stronguard

I'm OK with it.  Just remember that this weekend marks the ressurection of a lot more than just Razorback football. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jacklambert on April 10, 2006, 08:42:25 pm
Why put the spring scrimmage on this weekend? easter makes it difficult for people in central and southern arkansas to make the trip (gonna do it anyway), but should be planned where more fans can make it.

Nutt's not letting the team go to church this weekend either. He's taking them to Vegas on Sunday morning.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Calling All Hogs

It is appropriate to have it on Easter weekend since fans crucify Dale but he seems to keep raising from the dead.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: CallMeHog on April 11, 2006, 12:32:09 am
It is appropriate to have it on Easter weekend since fans crucify Dale but he seems to keep raising from the dead.

HDN was going to have the red/white game this past weekend.  But since it was PASSover weekend he rescheduled for next weekend.  HDN doesn't like anything with the word "pass" in it.  Especially if it might insinuate "over the middle"

"Passover" is just really negative for HDN.
Retired Radio Host

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Numb Nutts is the anti-Christ -- call him Beelzebubba..
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 11, 2006, 01:31:06 am

HDN was going to have the red/white game this past weekend.  But since it was PASSover weekend he rescheduled for next weekend.  HDN doesn't like anything with the word "pass" in it.  Especially if it might insinuate "over the middle"

"Passover" is just really negative for HDN.

LOL +1

the donger

Once again, the rest of the state needs catered to.

pigture perfect

This just sets the tone. Scrimmage on Easter, bowl game on Christmas.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

lyon98

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 11, 2006, 06:40:30 am
This just sets the tone. Scrimmage on Easter, bowl game on Christmas.

Do you mean some of the players will be playing in the north-south game?
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.