Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officially not renewing season tickets

Started by counsellorhog, April 10, 2006, 04:11:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

counsellorhog

April 10, 2006, 04:11:30 pm Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:16:10 pm by counsellorhog
I have finally made the decision to not renew my season tickets for football.  I got a bill for over $900 for two tickets to all the Fayetteville games, and that did it.  I used to justify spending money on tickets because it was good entertainment.  But, when I think about the last couple of years, all I did was plunk down $$$, go to games, get irate, and ruin several days of my life.  I wish I had the time back and the money in my pocket.  I could have bought a couple of nice relaxing vacations for what I spent on the Razorbacks in the last few years.  I thought I would feel bad about doing this, but I kind of feel liberated.

Every year the athletic administration is good at getting enough interest built back up by season ticket renewal time to get those of us on the fence to go ahead and renew, lest we miss out on the "national championship under construction." (Last year Herring hired; this year Malzahn hired & the Springdale kids recruited.)  I just can't keep falling for this.  The Hogs won't win a national championship next year, and though they certainly have an opportunity to be much more competitive in the next three or four years, I doubt they will win one in my lifetime.  I guess I'm taking a risk, but I look at it this way...if the Hogs get good enough, I'll have no trouble finding their games on television.  I won't have to walk a mile and a half uphill to get from the parking lot to my seat, drop $2 or $3 for one cup of Coke or $2 or $3 for one half-warm hot dog, and I won't have to watch draw plays on 3rd and 20, missed close field goals, misused timeouts, or the male flag line personnel.  Now if we lose, I won't be out a thing.  If we win, I'll gladly watch games on TV from the comfort of my own home.  I can buy two or three 2-liter cokes for what the stadium charges for one cup, and I can grill my own hot dogs, which I guarantee will taste a heck of a lot better than the ones at the concession stand.  Plus, no parking nightmares.

You can only sell me something without results for so long before I realize that its all sales pitch and no substance.  Sorry, but I'm out.

blueshog2001

RAZORBART

liberation is such a slendid thing ?????

Now what ??? Do yard work ???? up yours !!!!!!!!

batmanfan

"...if the Hogs get good enough, I'll have no trouble finding their games on television.  I won't have to nearly pass out walking a mile and a half uphill to get from the parking lot to my seat, "

Exactly what the dude above said...thats sad considering I could run that without even breaking a sweat.

Seriously man, put down the cokes and hot dogs and go get on a nice diet with exercise.  The forum "The Gym" is great for beginners if you have questions.  Good luck.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Landonhog

Can I have your tickets???  Where are they?

qakhed

that sounds high, where are your seats?
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

RazorCaddy

If you are displeased as you say than I applaud you for talking with your wallet instead of complaining on this board constantly and not doing jack about it.

TheMayorOfHogtown

Quote from: RazorCaddy on April 10, 2006, 04:25:19 pm
If you are displeased as you say than I applaud you for talking with your wallet instead of complaining on this board constantly and not doing jack about it.

How do we know he's for real?  This guy might not even have season tickets.  In fact, he is doing exactly what you say he's not:  Complaining on this board. 

qakhed

qakhed

have you noticed that for the most part everyone is really testy today?

TheMayorOfHogtown

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: qakhed on April 10, 2006, 04:30:46 pm
have you noticed that for the most part everyone is really testy today?
You said testy..

qakhed

another pissing match for no reason. Fun to read though, so carry on...

HoggyWood

Quote from: counsellorhog on April 10, 2006, 04:11:30 pm
I have finally made the decision to not renew my season tickets for football.  I got a bill for over $900 for two tickets to all the Fayetteville games, and that did it.  I used to justify spending money on tickets because it was good entertainment.  But, when I think about the last couple of years, all I did was plunk down $$$, go to games, get irate, and ruin several days of my life.  I wish I had the time back and the money in my pocket.  I could have bought a couple of nice relaxing vacations for what I spent on the Razorbacks in the last few years.  I thought I would feel bad about doing this, but I kind of feel liberated.

Every year the athletic administration is good at getting enough interest built back up by season ticket renewal time to get those of us on the fence to go ahead and renew, lest we miss out on the "national championship under construction." (Last year Herring hired; this year Malzahn hired & the Springdale kids recruited.)  I just can't keep falling for this.  The Hogs won't win a national championship next year, and though they certainly have an opportunity to be much more competitive in the next three or four years, I doubt they will win one in my lifetime.  I guess I'm taking a risk, but I look at it this way...if the Hogs get good enough, I'll have no trouble finding their games on television.  I won't have to walk a mile and a half uphill to get from the parking lot to my seat, drop $2 or $3 for one cup of Coke or $2 or $3 for one half-warm hot dog, and I won't have to watch draw plays on 3rd and 20, missed close field goals, misused timeouts, or the male flag line personnel.  Now if we lose, I won't be out a thing.  If we win, I'll gladly watch games on TV from the comfort of my own home.  I can buy two or three 2-liter cokes for what the stadium charges for one cup, and I can grill my own hot dogs, which I guarantee will taste a heck of a lot better than the ones at the concession stand.  Plus, no parking nightmares.

You can only sell me something without results for so long before I realize that its all sales pitch and no substance.  Sorry, but I'm out.

Bye Bye!! :razorback: :'( :razorback:

TheMayorOfHogtown

Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 10, 2006, 04:31:03 pm
Quote from: TheMayorOfHogtown on April 10, 2006, 04:27:41 pm

How do we know he's for real?  This guy might not even have season tickets.  In fact, he is doing exactly what you say he's not:  Complaining on this board. 

Good grief.  Take it at face value and move on.  If you don't have proof he doesn't have season tickets, then assume he does. 

Do you have proof that I don't have proof?  The point is, I've seen this post before, and these guys act like the are taking some huge stand.  The moral:  NO ONE CARES.  Then, if we happen to win some games, these will be the same people comlaining that we can't fill the stands.

qakhed

TheMayorOfHogtown

Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 10, 2006, 04:36:06 pm
Quote from: TheMayorOfHogtown on April 10, 2006, 04:33:49 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 10, 2006, 04:31:03 pm
Quote from: TheMayorOfHogtown on April 10, 2006, 04:27:41 pm

Good grief.  Take it at face value and move on.  If you don't have proof he doesn't have season tickets, then assume he does. 

Do you have proof that I don't have proof?  The point is, I've seen this post before, and these guys act like the are taking some huge stand.  The moral:  NO ONE CARES.  Then, if we happen to win some games, these will be the same people comlaining that we can't fill the stands.

Be a jerk.  I don't care.  Some of you folks need to use some common courtesy on the board.  You sir are not exercising that.

Ah, name calling, very courtious indeed....
Will this work better:

Hey counsellorhog, great post!!!!  I hate going to games too, especailly if we lose.  LOL!!!!  And you know what really makes me mad?  All those people who would love to have the chance to go to Razorback games, but can't afford it.  Screw them!!  Maybe we should tear our tickets up in front of them, that would be funny, huh!!  ;)

Really, I'm looking for a team that never has any down spells, so I can support them year in and year out, without having to worry about losing seasons or all that other stuff.  I heard the Sooners are good.  Wanna go to their board with me????  No, actually, they weren't as good last year.  How bout USC???

In any case, I agree with you.  How dare those 18, 19, and 20 year old kids we center our lives around for 4 months out of the year drop some home games?  Ungrateful turds, I'll be darned if I go support them!!!!  I mean, I really going to show them how I feel.  By not doing anything.

Signed,
Lil' whinny girl.

qakhed

ElRopo

Spend your money at Oaklawn. Everyone is having a good time. The food is awesome, beer is cold, the fans are going nuts.  And best of all there is always a winner. $900.00 would be two fun filled weekends without the depression that almost always follows a Razorback game. Give yourself a break and give Frank , Jim, and Houston the big high hard one.

qakhed

King-Tusk

Hey mayor,   how long has our downspell been.

I have heard it said many times that the only way to get through to those who are in charge of the program is through the wallet.  I doubt that one fan will make a difference, but you never know.  
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

pfrg999

Oh well.... would never let them go... But I live 300 Miles away... I still go to at least 1 FB and 2 or 3 BB games per year
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

TheMayorOfHogtown

Beavis and Butthead?  'Testies, Testies, one, two, ...... Three?'
Never heard that one, huh?  Kind of sad, but probably not as sad as me making a Beavis and Butthead reference...

TheMayorOfHogtown

Quote from: King-Tusk on April 10, 2006, 04:55:17 pm
Hey mayor,   how long has our downspell been.

I have heard it said many times that the only way to get through to those who are in charge of the program is through the wallet.  I doubt that one fan will make a difference, but you never know.  

Too long.  Still, inaction doesn't usually breed results.  If anything, a half empty stadium is just another excuse for us to lose, right????  Sounds crazy, but these guys will do anything before they take responsibility for the state of our program.

qakhed

oh, I have heard that. I get it. I do the same thing sometimes, some things just lose it in translation from my brain to the screen

TheMayorOfHogtown

like saying 'sofa king we todd did' out loud.  Doesn't look funny here, but say it to your wife...

SiriusHog™

wow.. $900 for two season tickets.. i'm in sect. 113 about half-way up and i'm only paying like.. $200 or something..... nanner nanner naaaanner..  :P

qakhed

qakhed

Quote from: TheMayorOfHogtown on April 10, 2006, 05:02:57 pm
like saying 'sofa king we todd did' out loud.  Doesn't look funny here, but say it to your wife...

Perfect example

qakhed

idochog

Honestly until the product gets better, there is no reason to buy club seats.  You can get good seats and club seats to every game often below face value.

I used to have 2 outdoor club seats and 2 regular seats and gave up the $125 per game club seats  b/c  I could always find those seats for 50.00 or less every game.

I am keeping my 50 yd line seats, b/c it took me years to get there but I have reduced my donation to the minimum required to keep them.  I told them my donation would not rise and I would not increase the # of season tickets i had until the committment to winning was there.
I love Jesus!

TheMayorOfHogtown

Quote from: qakhed on April 10, 2006, 05:14:53 pm
I'm still chuckling, +1 for ya

Going against the grain, aren't ya?  I prefer smites...

rzrbaxfan

Well, I was about to get all testy, but after looking at Qakhed's avatar, I'm feeling quite perky.

LB15QB

Your seats will be filled, quickly. Glad you are gone.
Win, Lose or Draw, I am for Arkansas.

fire_hog

I completely agree with you counsellor. Although I've just now reached the point in my life where I would be ready to fork over some semi-big money for season tickets, that has been put on hold until the administration decides to put a better product on the hill. My 3 or 4 weekends will be free this fall, to be replaced with seeing a good coach and good football at Estes stadium.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Richard_white

April 10, 2006, 09:10:05 pm #37 Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 09:28:17 pm by razorbacks4life27

But isn't that the point, if you support the University with your wallet you have all right to voice your displeasure?

Like not being a register voter and not voting and criticise elected politicians.

Calling All Hogs

Some of this posting sounds like people trying to satisfy themselves in a dark theater!  ;D

EastexHawg

Counsellor, I made the same decision before the end of last season.  I'll be back when I can see that the administration really cares about putting the best football program...with the BEST head coach possible...on the field instead of settling for "good enough" to keep the cash register cha-chinging.

As long as people keep buying the current product, it appears there is no incentive or desire among those who run the show to do anything other than sit back and stack up all the money that keeps rolling in.  Winning has become a secondary goal. 

BTW, I don't care whether or not anyone will "miss me."  And feel free to buy my tickets, as well as all the tickets you want.  The only question I have is...if all the fans who are giving up their seats are so easily replaced, why are there always so many tickets for sale outside the stadium every game day?  And why is it I've seen the stadium completely full maybe a total of three times since the expansion in 2001?

What have all the great Razorback fans...who are now so eager to snap up all the tickets let go by the "slackers"...been waiting on all this time?  Why hasn't every game been a hard sellout before now?

Boss Hogg

Sweet!  I'm that much closer to the 50!  Woo hoo

Have fun watching US tear the goal posts down after the USC game...

Richard_white

Quote from: Boss Hogg on April 10, 2006, 09:41:10 pm
Sweet!  I'm that much closer to the 50!  Woo hoo

Have fun watching US tear the goal posts down after the USC game...

LOL

Hog Gumbo

Quote from: wingfoothog on April 10, 2006, 05:07:35 pm
wow.. $900 for two season tickets.. i'm in sect. 113 about half-way up and i'm only paying like.. $200 or something..... nanner nanner naaaanner..  :P
[/quote

Quote from: wingfoothog on April 10, 2006, 05:07:35 pm

Four tixs in 113 for six games is $848 that includes the 8buck handling fee. Its seems higher due to the fact that theres 6 games in Fayetteville.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

I hear you, counsellor, I haven't been to a razorback game since the end of 2003.

Not one ticket, one hot dog, any hog paraphernalia or one dime contributed to the UofA until Numb Nutts, Senile Frank and Lindsey & Assholciates are gone. I refuse to contribute to this immense boondoggle on the Hill.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

codeHog

I do like it that Houston Nutt and Frank Broyles have so much power to make some of you so unhappy. It is a gift I suppose

mikeirwin

I remember hearing a similiar story from a basketball fan back in '76. The next year the Hogs went 26-2. In '78 they went to the Final 4. I saw the guy again in the early 80's. He was still trying to get back to the top of the Barnhill waiting list. Bad timing on his part.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

I agree with councellor too.  Pocket the $900.

If you just cannot stand it and HAVE TO GO to the game, there will be tickets available 99% of the time thanks to the current state of the program.

wildhogman

well, I wont be renweing my tickets this year either. But its not for the same reason. I was forced into a change of jobs and will be working alot of weekends or else i would be there in the upper deck yelling my fool head off praying for miracles and cursing when we dont get them. Dang I hate new jobs >:( :P

Richard_white

I wonder if Stan is getting recruiting advice from the Nutt.