Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MM passes the buck again.

Started by excoach, April 10, 2006, 02:35:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

excoach

The scrimmage Saturday was a win by the defense. The article in the ardemgaz talked about how Casey Dick got hit so hard by a blitzing Sam O. When asked about the blocking MM was able to use the pass the buck to someone else theory by saying everyone did a terrible job. Was he referring to the backs, and receivers? Everyone to me is the QB, Backs, Receivers and Oline. Isn't he the line coach ( coordinator)? Was it the receivers who let the LB thru? Is it the backs job to protect the QB? Sounds to me like he doesn't want to take any responsibility for his offensive line not protecting the QB.
What's everyone else's thoughts?
Quote:
Casey Dick didn't get to see his first completed pass in Saturday's scrimmage. By the time Marcus Monk caught Dick's slant pass for a 17-yard gain, Arkansas' first-team quarterback was lying on his back and struggling to catch his breath.

FLKeysGuy

Markuson should be Malzahnousted.  Struebag him!!!

mikeirwin

My thoughts are that some of you act like the world is reinvented new every year.
Every spring that I have covered this team we have the offense winning a scrimmage, then the defense puts in a blitz package and the defense wins. It's back and forth. They do that so one or the other doesn't get too down.
What most of you didn't see was the offense torching the defense in Thursday's practice in the Walker Indoor.
Don't read too much into last Saturday's scrimmage (that comes straight from Reggie Herring).

excoach

I understand what your saying Mike, but why won't MM just admit the line isnt getting it done instead of passing the buck. He should be the one taking the heat, don't you agree?

mikeirwin

April 10, 2006, 02:59:54 pm #5 Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:14:32 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: excoach on April 10, 2006, 02:50:38 pm
I understand what your saying Mike, but why won't MM just admit the line isnt getting it done instead of passing the buck. He should be the one taking the heat, don't you agree?
They had one bad scrimmage. The recievers were all banged up. Their top RB sat out the scrimmage. Robert Johnson was looking good but he got his bell rung and didn't play anymore.
Reggie said it. If the offense had all of it's weapons it would have probably been different.
I don't think the results of one spring scrimmage means much at all. I see those guys every day in practice. The O-Line is doing fine.

HoopS

If he would have pointed out our tackles, someone would have been on here accusing him of blaming players instead of taking the blame for not preparing his guys. 

What was he supposed to say?  "we were great today?"  maybe he could have said "I called that block, brotha!"   

I don't know, it just seems like you are just trying to find something to be upset about.   I'm sure he was disgusted with their effort when the quote was taken. 

12under

Quote from: hoophogs on April 10, 2006, 03:06:30 pm
If he would have pointed out our tackles, someone would have been on here accusing him of blaming players instead of taking the blame for not preparing his guys. 

What was he supposed to say?  "we were great today?"  maybe he could have said "I called that block, brotha!"   

I don't know, it just seems like you are just trying to find something to be upset about.   I'm sure he was disgusted with their effort when the quote was taken. 
amen

excoach

I'm not looking to be upset at anything. However, if Gus makes a statement that we all did bad, that's fine because he responsible for the entire offense. MM is the line coach, his primary responsibilty is coaching the line. If the line does terrible he should say we had a really bad day,we made some mistakes, and were going to fix it, not to say everyone did bad, that's Gus's job.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 12under on April 10, 2006, 03:11:53 pm
Quote from: hoophogs on April 10, 2006, 03:06:30 pm

I don't know, it just seems like you are just trying to find something to be upset about.   I'm sure he was disgusted with their effort when the quote was taken. 
amen

WOW

I have never seen eye to eye with 12under.  There is a first for everything I guess.  Now that being said I still think MM is a Pee Wee football coach(at best), but I don't think this quote really says anything.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

HoopS

Isn't he "Running Game Coordinator"?

BloodRedHog

The reality is we won't know the truth until September. All we can do now is speculate.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

tulsahog36

You are so blinded by hate for MM and HDN that you overlooked the razorbacks were basically going with their 2nd team offense vs the first team defense, and the defense was throwing in a lot of blitz looks they hadn't down in other scrimages.   Stop hating so much and start paying attention to what is going on. 

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: tulsahog36 on April 10, 2006, 03:40:16 pm

You are so blinded by hate for MM and HDN that you overlooked the razorbacks were basically going with their 2nd team offense vs the first team defense, and the defense was throwing in a lot of blitz looks they hadn't down in other scrimages.   Stop hating so much and start paying attention to what is going on. 

E A S Y now,  it was the starting OL except for one I believe.  and it was the starting qb.  I realize what you are saying about the second team wr and rbs but there has still got to be some blame.  I STILL don't think there is all that much wrong with the comment though.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

RoBoHawg04

For some on here it's like a constant case of PMS, and they aren't going to be happy about anything in the program, it just never ends.  before I began reading the boards, I was quick to inform anyone that "Razorback fans" were the greatest in the land, I'm not so quick to voice my opinion now, for me it has become an embarrassment.  Thankfully, there are still some that still act with pride and diginity where "our HOGS" are concerned, others take on a persona that is and should be considered an embarrassement.  This isn't a personel attack on anyone involved in this thread, just an observation of what i've been reading on this and other boards, get it together people, we are Razorback fans, not T sippers
" Be sure that your right, then go ahead " DC

pork and mindy

How many times does Herring say that the entire defense is terrible? It's a motivational tool, if anything.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: pork and mindy on April 10, 2006, 04:21:59 pm
How many times does Herring say that the entire defense is terrible? It's a motivational tool, if anything.

I think Herring saying, "I killed a man, once..." would be motivation enough for me!!!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: RoBoHawg04 on April 10, 2006, 04:14:55 pm
          For some on here it's like a constant case of PMS, and they aren't going to be happy about anything in the program, it just never ends.  before I began reading the boards, I was quick to inform anyone that "Razorback fans" were the greatest in the land, I'm not so quick to voice my opinion now, for me it has become an embarrassment.  Thankfully, there are still some that still act with pride and diginity where "our HOGS" are concerned, others take on a persona that is and should be considered an embarrassement.  This isn't a personel attack on anyone involved in this thread, just an observation of what i've been reading on this and other boards, get it together people, we are Razorback fans, not T sippers

What you are describing as an embarrassment is the fan's be reactionary.  What is embarrassing is the actions and words of many of the coaches up on the hill.  The fans REACT to what our program is becoming...a TRUE embarrassment.  Our program is very near "that embarrassment" that you talk about BECAUSE of the coaches...HOW CAN YOU NOT EXPECT FANS TO REACT TO THAT? 

I think there is a lot of nit picking going on right now...but when you have been burned over and over again...it doesn't take another fire to hurt you...but just someone touching the wound.  Well, that is what many of us fans are right now...open, bleeding, oozing wounds...(Thanks to HDN and the crew)  It doesn't take much to aggravate those wounds now.  Don't blame the fans for being hurt and upset...blame the "embarrassment" (HDN) for making so many fans like this.
Retired Radio Host

RoBoHawg04

You make many valid points Uncle, and I can appreciate them, (I am reminded of how I felt that day in LR and trailing LSU, before the come back) and I understand the need to vent the anger and frustration.
       I believe that you too can observe the individuals that beat a "dead horse"  with constant deluges of fire this coach, and fire that coach, I even notice one concerning DVH, we are so very fortunate to have this man coaching our team, as for the rest of the coaches, they will stand or fall on their own merits, or lack there of, and all the posts will have no bearing, I think we can all agree that time has to be getting away from HD, and the need for positive results soon.   Oh btw, I do enjoy reading many of your insites UU Bottom line, We, are "hog fans", and I wouldn't behave in a fashion that would cause the U of A to be cast in a bad light, and like it or not, we all represent the school, when we wear the cardinal and white, need proof?, just look at the majority opinion of Texas fans on any fan board in the big 12, or any Razorback fan site.    Thank you UU for your input  RoBoHawg
" Be sure that your right, then go ahead " DC

lunchbox72703

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 10, 2006, 04:23:29 pm
I think Herring saying, "I killed a man, once..." would be motivation enough for me!!!

forget motivation....Thats a confession, brotha!! BOOK EM DANNO!!!!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: RoBoHawg04 on April 10, 2006, 05:39:33 pm
       You make many valid points Uncle, and I can appreciate them, (I am reminded of how I felt that day in LR and trailing LSU, before the come back) and I understand the need to vent the anger and frustration.
       I believe that you too can observe the individuals that beat a "dead horse"  with constant deluges of fire this coach, and fire that coach, I even notice one concerning DVH, we are so very fortunate to have this man coaching our team, as for the rest of the coaches, they will stand or fall on their own merits, or lack there of, and all the posts will have no bearing, I think we can all agree that time has to be getting away from HD, and the need for positive results soon.   Oh btw, I do enjoy reading many of your insites UU Bottom line, We, are "hog fans", and I wouldn't behave in a fashion that would cause the U of A to be cast in a bad light, and like it or not, we all represent the school, when we wear the cardinal and white, need proof?, just look at the majority opinion of Texas fans on any fan board in the big 12, or any Razorback fan site.    Thank you UU for your input  RoBoHawg

Robo,

I agree with you 100%.  I am probably one of the most put out with Nutt...but I do try to only point out and/or complain about the "real" issues.  Van Horn is great...and I think we are on our way to some really great days with him.  Nutt has pushed me over the edge, but I do think that we can become too petty.  I want to be careful with that...because pointing out...or making a big deal out of EVERYTHING only decreases our credibility when (not if) he does something else silly. 

However, I do understand the attitude toward Nutt and his bunch.  He is the one that created this atmosphere...not the fans.  But the fans need to be careful not to just get crazy with it, because the Nutt "camp" will start saying, "you guys are just being petty."  Well, we are a little bit.  The guy gives us enough ammunition...we don't need to manufacture it.
Retired Radio Host

krack1925

Look... every year we all get excited.  I think this year we have some reasons to be excited....  9 wins?  I don't know.  Gus will have an ajustment pierod and that had better be short against USC.  The fans are so ready to tear HDN head off.  I mean the guy basicly single handly got us reamed a few times last year.....  most of us feel like "hey pay me $50,000 and I can call crappy plays".  I think we just all want to be competative.  I want to know that we can clean ANYBODYS clock on the right day and I did not feel like that last year.  I want to win the west, OUTRIGHT, and I want to have a team that shows up for the SEC chamionship game.  I want to go to bowls.... I want to win one every now and then....  I think I pay enough so that this is not asking too much....

El Dog Hog

Quote from: excoach on April 10, 2006, 02:35:21 pm
Is it the backs job to protect the QB? Sounds to me like he doesn't want to take any responsibility for his offensive line not protecting the QB.

Thats kinda funny and I didnt want to point anything out, but I feel that I have to. If a RB doesnt flare out to catch a pas.... then he indeed does block. Thats what it takes to be a NFL back. Not only the speed but you have to be able to block some too. On long pass plays down field, the RB's will have to learn to block, as well as the lineman. Also, you have to take in account going from a zone blockig scheme to a man to man type scheme. Isnt this why we have spring games and such? So that stuff like this doesnt happen the week before the season opener with So Cal.

But instead lets just fire the coachs. Screw a whole new scheme. Its not like some of these guys are having to re-learn a whole new system. Its not like are best RB played and our best lineman is coming off a surgical repaired ankle. AHHHHHHHHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING WE PLAY SO CAL IN 4 MONTHS AND WE HAVENT EVEN LEARNED OUR NEW PLAYBOOK IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can hire Butch Davis to coach our OL, I bet if he were the oline coach they could learn everything in 2 weeks!