Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brewer Draft Article Slams Stan Heath

Started by Smithian, April 09, 2006, 03:40:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

April 09, 2006, 03:40:06 pm Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 03:41:49 pm by Smithian
I'm not a Heath fan, but this made me cringe as a Razorback fan. Click "Weaknesses" and the read the last paragraph.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=64#

Porkahontas

Ok, maybe my blindness if flaring up again, but I'm failing to see where the article is "slamming" Stan Heath.

In fact, I didn't see Heath's name mentioned in the article.

Is this one of those things where if you stare at it long enough, you see a sailboat or something obvious and I'm just not seeing it?

Tater Salad

Quote from: Porkahontas on April 09, 2006, 03:46:01 pm
Ok, maybe my blindness if flaring up again, but I'm failing to see where the article is "slamming" Stan Heath.

In fact, I didn't see Heath's name mentioned in the article.

Is this one of those things where if you stare at it long enough, you see a sailboat or something obvious and I'm just not seeing it?

I was thinking the same thing, but then Smithian edited the post. See above

clemensrules01

it said we didnt make the NCAA tournament in any of brewer's three seasons. i guess that means we lost to bucknell in the NIT. damn, we should have done better in the NIT than that.

Tusks

That's a pretty good slam if you ask me.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Smithian

Yeah, Tater, I thought the URL changed for "weaknesses" but it doesn't. You have to click on it.

bulldog04

Quote from: clemensrules01 on April 09, 2006, 03:52:02 pm
it said we didnt make the NCAA tournament in any of brewer's three seasons. i guess that means we lost to bucknell in the NIT. damn, we should have done better in the NIT than that.
Look at the date of the article.  It was written Feb. 2, 06.

Smithian

Reading the forum, they talk about not updating for awhile and the writer is under the impression we stunk.

HognotinMemphis

If you read all the articles by clicking on all the tabs, this stuff was written well before the end of the season. My guess is it was written around the time the Hogs were 5-6 in SEC play. Thus, they assumed the Hogs would not go on a 5 game win streak and get to the NCAAT.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pignominious

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 09, 2006, 04:02:17 pm
If you read all the articles by clicking on all the tabs, this stuff was written well before the end of the season. My guess is it was written around the time the Hogs were 5-6 in SEC play. Thus, they assumed the Hogs would not go on a 5 game win streak and get to the NCAAT.

Yes I remember reading his stuff saying that it was a shame Brewer would never get to play in the tourney.  So much for that.  Although he tends to be pretty well on base for most of that stuff.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Pignominious

Quote from: HogZ28 on April 09, 2006, 04:58:23 pm
yeah well its the truth.........the team played much better when brewer had the ball and setup everyone else........jefferson picked his dribble up at half court and ferguson just dribbled around

We'll be better when we get some point guards like Beverly or Smith.

yraciv

I don't believe the SEC beat us with relative ease thnis year.

HogHillbilly

Did everybody not read the last paragraph under  -WEAKNESS-  It sounded like some pretty good slams on Heath if you ask me............I mean, saying he is completely incapable of capitalizing on the talent he has...............OUCH !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Smithian

Sadly, it is all true. We have lots of talent, but don't use it.

Pignominious

Quote from: Smithian on April 09, 2006, 05:50:49 pm
Sadly, it is all true. We have lots of talent, but don't use it.

I don't think we had as much talent as everybody said.  Brewer was good, Townes is talented, Charles is good, Modica and Ferg were very streaky.

Pig Pumper

Quote from: HogZ28 on April 09, 2006, 05:44:57 pm
yeah we will be better next year with ervin and if we can get smith and/or beverly

Ervin is a turnover machine.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Pig Pumper on April 09, 2006, 05:57:20 pm
Quote from: HogZ28 on April 09, 2006, 05:44:57 pm
yeah we will be better next year with ervin and if we can get smith and/or beverly

Ervin is a turnover machine.
he came to arkansas for a fresh start. lets give him that. let him play in an actual game before you tag him as one thing or another.

Swino

Has any media person cared to look at whether Ronnie has been attending classes since Bucknell???

I'll give everybody one guess as what the answer is, and it doesn't end is "s".

labb

It has been reported on other boards that Ronnie is in fact attending class and working out.  Does anyone have substantiated info that this is not true? Also there is some thought that Ronnie may be coming back next season due to the fact that he has not announced yet.

TorsinAHog

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=64#

scroll down and read. it is a slam on S. Heath.  I tried to cut and paste but it wouldnt let me select it.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: labb on April 09, 2006, 06:19:23 pm
It has been reported on other boards that Ronnie is in fact attending class and working out.  Does anyone have substantiated info that this is not true? Also there is some thought that Ronnie may be coming back next season due to the fact that he has not announced yet.

Article in the Dem Gaz quotes Heath as saying Ronnie has been going to class and working out. Heath said he was clueless as to what Ronnie would do. Heath being clueless is, of course, not news.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Swino on April 09, 2006, 06:07:22 pm
Has any media person cared to look at whether Ronnie has been attending classes since Bucknell???

No mas?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

So he's as good as gone?

I don't blame him one bit.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

You have to click at the top on "weaknesses"

I have to admit...it is kind of a slam.

Retired Radio Host

qakhed

Ronnie is going to classes. That doesn't mean that he is going or not though. Education is VERY important to him and his family.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

excoach

The article sure didn't speak well of Heath.

Ross U (HDHF)

I know someone that has class with him and she says he doesn't come to class any less that he did before or during the season. 

Lando Calrissian

The basketball team was on the road A LOT the last month or so of the season.

The "he's not going to class anymore" rumor probably started because of that, and the guy who started it probably didn't take into account that it's 100% impossible to show up for class in Fayetteville when you're in Nashville (or wherever) for 5 days.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.