Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's BASEBALL SEASON in Northwest Arkansas Region! Come Play! 18+, 28+, 38+

Started by RazorDrummer, April 04, 2006, 12:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorDrummer

The Northwest Arkansas Men's Senior/Adult Baseball League will be holding its first round of tryouts on Sunday, April 9th at 2:00pm CST at Veterans Park in Rogers, Arkansas.  Sessions are for 18+, 28+, and 38+ divisions.  The NWAMSBL is the nation's largest amateur adult baseball league with over 50,000 members nationwide.  We play Major League rules baseball and our membership includes former professionals to current collegiate players, and from former Little Leaguers to those who have never played ball, but love the game.  Town Teams will be forming for Northwest Arkansas, Fort Smith River Valley, Southwest Missouri, Northeast Oklahoma and Southeast Kansas areas.  If interested, players should pre-register on-line at our website, www.nwamsbl.com and can also access information about our league there.  Or, just show up at Veterans Park on Sunday, April 9th at 2:00pm CST with a glove and spikes and be ready to play.  If you have questions, please contact League President, Stephen Boudreaux at sboudreaux@arkansas.net or by calling 479-236-4220. 

Thanks and I hope to see more Hogvillians out there!
RazorDrummer

www.nwamsbl.com
www.oreoblue.com (My Band)
www.theuncrownedkings.com (My other band)
www.honeyjackband.com (the new band 2016)
www.nwamsbl.com (Play Baseball in NWArkansas)
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

TuckFexas

Weather is supposed to be perfect for the tryouts, 70 degrees and sunny.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

yeti

Lets go folks! I'm fat, slow, and bald but I still play ball.

You can to.

Gets your butts out there!
Evil: Oh, Benson... Dear Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence.
Benson: Oh, you say such nice things, Master.
Evil: Yes I know, I'm sorry!

WindyCityHog

I could never hit a breaking ball...

Now I couldn't hit a 50 mph "fastball" :-[

RazorDrummer

www.nwasox.com (My Team)

RazorDrummer

www.nwasox.com (My Team)

RazorDrummer

www.nwasox.com (My Team)

bdutt

I'm too fat and slow to play hardball anymore. I'll just stick to some slowpitch softball.
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

yeti

Quote from: bdutt78 on April 05, 2006, 11:27:16 am
I'm too fat and slow to play hardball anymore. I'll just stick to some slowpitch softball.

Heretic
Evil: Oh, Benson... Dear Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence.

razorhead69

What is this the White Sox network? Cant beat Andy!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!! LOL

RazorDrummer

You may be right, AC...but one day you will get old and that sure arm of yours will get tired.  You might as well just come on over to the White Sox while you still have some juice left in that arm of yours...you journeyman, you.
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

qakhed

I plan on being there. I'm looking forward to it. trying to talk hogluvin into going to.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

yeti

Is this the southpaw Andy?

He would look MUCH better in an Old Style Cubs Uniform.

bdutt

"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

RazorDrummer

The NWAMSBL carries both Liability and Medical Insurance for all of its members.  We will cover injuries as well as broken windshields from foul balls.  Our insurance carrier is national and well respected covering over 60,000 members.

Regarding your abilities, I am 37 and still play in the 18+ division.  You might find that you can compete in any of our divisions if you are skilled.  If you "feel" slow, then 28+ or 38+ would do fine.  Someday, we will have a 48+ division and beyond.  Our national organization supports even a 65+ division...  Not sure about that as a division, but we have two gentlemen in our local league over 60.

Come out and play ball!
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

hog4lifetime1979

Woo hooo I will be there, it will be fun and I really need some kind of exercise.

qakhed

I'm looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't yet.

TuckFexas

Quote from: qakhed on April 07, 2006, 08:40:45 am
I'm looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't yet.

I'll be the short, fat red headed guy wearing the white-sox cap.
Famous quote.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

qakhed

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

RazorDrummer

Just to respond to a number of PMs (thank you) that I have received on this league...
*We play MLB-style baseball
*Exceptions:  Aluminum Bats allowed (-3) and Unlimited Substitutions
*Our league is covered completely by National Liability and Medical Insurance unlike other independent organizations
*The NWAMSBL plays games in Rogers, Bentonville, Fayetteville, Siloam Springs, Alma, Van Buren, Tahlequah OK, etc.
*Metal spikes are allowed
*The NWAMSBL has strict conduct rules to limit confrontation, but more importantly encourages family and fan involvement.
*The NWAMSBL partners with the Baseball Umpires of NWA (BUNWA) as its officiating body in our local area.
*Teams generally wear MLB-style uniforms.
*Cost per player is appx $135.00.  This is the best value in the country for our level of baseball.  This per-player fee covers baseballs, liability and medical insurance, umpires (our biggest expense), field rentals and maintenance, a subscription to Hardball Magazine (quarterly), and national dues that include many other benefits.
*Number of games is appx 18 regular-season and playoff games
*The NWAMSBL puts on a tournament each year called the Arklahoma Shootout inviting teams from Arkansas and Oklahoma (sometimes others) that is designed to raise money for Champions for Kids Charity.
*The baseball we use is of MLB specs with a raised seam.
*Season starts third week of May and concludes first week of September.
*Games are played mostly on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.  There will be some sporadic weeknight games.
*The MSBL National organization was founded in 1986 and is the largest, most respected adult amateur baseball league in the nation.  Our local league was founded in 1991.
*The MSBL National puts on national tournaments in Phoenix (World Series) that brings in 300+ teams and in Orlando (Fall Classic) and many others that are open to league member teams and individuals.
*The NWAMSBL is competitive, but is designed as a recreational league.  It is meant to be fun.  We don't play to "win at all costs."  Our membership is made up of all sorts of working folks that need to be back at work the next day.  Nobody needs to get hurt.  This is real baseball, but we have certain rules such as a "no collision" rule that helps protect players from injury.
*New teams are welcome to join our league.  At last count, we will have 6 new teams joining our league in 2006.  Teams should have 15 players on a roster.  If you don't have 15, you can pick up the balance at our open draft on Sunday or in our "blind draft" later.

That about covers it...

Best Regards,
RazorDrummer

p.s. I will bring the tickets, Tuck...
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

razorhead69

Quote from: RazorDrummer on April 06, 2006, 09:41:38 am
You may be right, AC...but one day you will get old and that sure arm of yours will get tired.  You might as well just come on over to the White Sox while you still have some juice left in that arm of yours...you journeyman, you.
Aah yes Drummer the arm is already tired and I am farting dust as we speak. I can probably find a few more games in it though!! I thought about playing with you guys or the Tigers. E-mailed Robert with the Tigs but he hasnt got back to me in about 3 weeks. Holla

TuckFexas

Quote from: razorhead69 on April 07, 2006, 04:38:48 pm
Quote from: RazorDrummer on April 06, 2006, 09:41:38 am
Aah yes Drummer the arm is already tired and I am farting dust as we speak. I can probably find a few more games in it though!! I thought about playing with you guys or the Tigers. E-mailed Robert with the Tigs but he hasnt got back to me in about 3 weeks. Holla

I'm hollerin', get your arse out to our practices!
Famous quote.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: RazorDrummer on April 04, 2006, 12:25:46 pm
The Northwest Arkansas Men's Senior/Adult Baseball League will be holding its first round of tryouts on Sunday, April 9th at 2:00pm CST at Veterans Park in Rogers, Arkansas.  Sessions are for 18+, 28+, and 38+ divisions.  The NWAMSBL is the nation's largest amateur adult baseball league with over 50,000 members nationwide.  We play Major League rules baseball and our membership includes former professionals to current collegiate players, and from former Little Leaguers to those who have never played ball, but love the game.  Town Teams will be forming for Northwest Arkansas, Fort Smith River Valley, Southwest Missouri, Northeast Oklahoma and Southeast Kansas areas.  If interested, players should pre-register on-line at our website, www.nwamsbl.com and can also access information about our league there.  Or, just show up at Veterans Park on Sunday, April 9th at 2:00pm CST with a glove and spikes and be ready to play.  If you have questions, please contact League President, Stephen Boudreaux at sboudreaux@arkansas.net or by calling 479-236-4220. 

Thanks and I hope to see more Hogvillians out there!
RazorDrummer

www.nwamsbl.com

I'll be out next year..recovering from a pinched nerve in my neck...and about 60 pounds around my waist.

yeti

Hey you guys that I drafted.  One of your guys email bounced back afer sending out some info on the team.

Quackheads worked and M.B.'s worked. I think it was Hogmania or Hogluvin? I'm bad about remembering names right away. Sorry about that. But if anybody knows who I'm talking about please send me their addy ASAP.

thanks

Lando Calrissian

Over/under:  How many groin pulls on the opening night of the season?

Lets start with 5.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

RazorDrummer

I would like to personally thank all of the Hogvillians for coming out to the 2006 Draft.  It was a great success and the talent level was better than it has been in years.  It is never to late to register and come play baseball so if you are just now seeing this, please come join us.

Best Regards,

RazorDrummer.
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

qakhed

I sent you an email yetti. It was nice meeting you. That workout was like a small Hogville gathering. There were several of us out there. See you all at the tailgate Saturday.

TuckFexas

Tuck is burnt to a crisp on forearms and neck/face. Wore out yesterday.
Famous quote.

qakhed

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

qakhed

that's the story of my life.  "you should been here an hour ago..."

hog4lifetime1979

hog4lifetime1979

RazorDrummer

RazorDrummer was the guy running things and telling everyone where to go.  Kind of an aging guy a little out of shape with the White Sox hat on... Hmmm...well that might not narrow it down much, but hint...my photo is above.

Are you looking for someone in particular from the Pirates?  I can hunt them down for you as I have the database.

Thanks for coming to our draft day and I assure you will have a great time in the NWAMSBL.

Maybe I can put up a thread in the General Sports this year to track our league's progress...scores, stats, photos, etc., to benefit our Hogvillian members in the league.

Whoohoo!
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

hog4lifetime1979

Ahhh, I see thats who I thought you were but didnt want to seem like a dumbass and be like you were so and so out there.

No need to hunt them down, I was just wondering if any of them were on here.