Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 10:33:33 am
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 10:29:18 am
Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 10:23:46 am
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 10:20:57 am
Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 10:06:50 am
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 10:01:03 am
Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 09:52:52 am
Quote from: mj4president on April 05, 2006, 12:27:50 am
  Any coach in the world would have seen the play making ability that MJ had.
Lets see what would have happened with MJ not behind center-

Not quite, almost any coach, MJ4P. Nutt never knew who the starting QB would be until they first game started, so he said every spring. Remember the MJ for punt returner?

Maybe he never knew, because he dam well knew that MJ would have been better suited at WR and thats where he wanted to play him BUT none of his other qbs ever produced, and dont give me your Shiite about thats his fault, he recruited and signed many highly touted qbs when matt was on campus and none of them could manage to compete at the level of his converted wr, so he tried and tried to make it happen, then in the end said nope ive gotta go with mj at qb.

Who were those QBs? TJ wasn't recruited by AL, Sorehand wasn't by CA teams, who else?

Every body that knew anything about football, butt nutt, knew MJ would start. Nutt got his feelings hurt when MJ played basketball.

Wrong.  From University of California Webpage (where he originally signed):
http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sorahan_ryan00.html

A rare find at the quarterback position as he has excellent size, a great arm and superior accuracy...became Cal's first recruit of the '99 class when he committed to the Bears last June, following an impressive stint at the Cal summer camp ... was being recruited by Washington, USC and Oregon before he announced his decision to come to Cal ... had a great senior season in which he completed 131-of-209 passes (62.7%) for 2,436 yards and 17 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions ... a PrepStar All-America selection, rating as the No. 6 quarterback prospect in the West ... a member of the SuperPrep All-Far West team as the No. 66 overall prospect ... a member of the Tacoma News-Tribune Western Top 100 list ... earned first team DeAnza League and Central Coast Section honors...as a junior, he passed for 1,871 yards (90-for-139) and 18 touchdowns with only 4 interceptions... an excellent student who was selected as a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete ... plans to major in business at Cal ... parents are Dennis and Carolyn ... born Jan. 8, 1981 in Los Gatos, CA.

Wrong? How many games did he start at CA?

You said he wasn't RECRUITED. He was. Don't get your panties in a wad because you were caught talking out of your ass about someone/something you did not know anything about.  Honestly, I do not think he started any at CA, but he was a second team JUCO all-american and was recruited by Oklahoma, LSU, and Arkansas. We were lucky to get him and allowed him to rot on the bench so that we could watch Matt Jones scramble, never learn how to read a defense, never learn how to hold a football, and never learn to throw a ball out of bounds.

Same deal as TJ. Sorahan was never given an opportunity because we had a local QB that we would rather see play. Sorahan, was never given a shot due to fan pressure.

UM no sir, those guys weren't "rotting on the bench" because MJ was a local kid. They did not earn the pt. Get real, D1 football is big tiime , they don't play games like that, they play the kids that they think will give them the best oppurtunity to win. PERIOD. if TJ would have came out and moved the ball he would have played. If sorahan didnt look like a lost 8th grade GIRL on the practice field he wold have played. RJ wasn't a local kid, guess what he gotta shot, he lost that shot when he proved that he couldn't produce. And don't even come back with HDN doesn't play the players that he feels are giving him the best chance to win, b/c that is bull and u know it.

What 8th Grade Girl is 6'4 240 lbs?

Also, Ryan was on the Bench at Cal behind Kyle Boller. It isn't exactly like he was sitting behind an average QB. 

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 10:41:03 am

Not quite, almost any coach, MJ4P. Nutt never knew who the starting QB would be until they first game started, so he said every spring. Remember the MJ for punt returner?

Maybe he never knew, because he dam well knew that MJ would have been better suited at WR and thats where he wanted to play him BUT none of his other qbs ever produced, and dont give me your Shiite about thats his fault, he recruited and signed many highly touted qbs when matt was on campus and none of them could manage to compete at the level of his converted wr, so he tried and tried to make it happen, then in the end said nope ive gotta go with mj at qb.

Who were those QBs? TJ wasn't recruited by AL, Sorehand wasn't by CA teams, who else?

Every body that knew anything about football, butt nutt, knew MJ would start. Nutt got his feelings hurt when MJ played basketball.

A rare find at the quarterback position as he has excellent size, a great arm and superior accuracy...became Cal's first recruit of the '99 class when he committed to the Bears last June, following an impressive stint at the Cal summer camp ... was being recruited by Washington, USC and Oregon before he announced his decision to come to Cal ... had a great senior season in which he completed 131-of-209 passes (62.7%) for 2,436 yards and 17 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions ... a PrepStar All-America selection, rating as the No. 6 quarterback prospect in the West ... a member of the SuperPrep All-Far West team as the No. 66 overall prospect ... a member of the Tacoma News-Tribune Western Top 100 list ... earned first team DeAnza League and Central Coast Section honors...as a junior, he passed for 1,871 yards (90-for-139) and 18 touchdowns with only 4 interceptions... an excellent student who was selected as a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete ... plans to major in business at Cal ... parents are Dennis and Carolyn ... born Jan. 8, 1981 in Los Gatos, CA.

You said he wasn't RECRUITED. He was. Don't get your panties in a wad because you were caught talking out of your ass about someone/something you did not know anything about.  Honestly, I do not think he started any at CA, but he was a second team JUCO all-american and was recruited by Oklahoma, LSU, and Arkansas. We were lucky to get him and allowed him to rot on the bench so that we could watch Matt Jones scramble, never learn how to read a defense, never learn how to hold a football, and never learn to throw a ball out of bounds.

Same deal as TJ. Sorahan was never given an opportunity because we had a local QB that we would rather see play. Sorahan, was never given a shot due to fan pressure.

UM no sir, those guys weren't "rotting on the bench" because MJ was a local kid. They did not earn the pt. Get real, D1 football is big tiime , they don't play games like that, they play the kids that they think will give them the best oppurtunity to win. PERIOD. if TJ would have came out and moved the ball he would have played. If sorahan didnt look like a lost 8th grade GIRL on the practice field he wold have played. RJ wasn't a local kid, guess what he gotta shot, he lost that shot when he proved that he couldn't produce. And don't even come back with HDN doesn't play the players that he feels are giving him the best chance to win, b/c that is bull and u know it.

Also, Ryan was on the Bench at Cal behind Kyle Boller. It isn't exactly like he was sitting behind an average QB. 

LOL, i didn't mean he looked like an 8th grade girl physically, i meant when i seen practices and he was backthere, he would not stay in the pocket, but he wasn't mobile like matt so he couldnt create like that. he played scared every time i saw him.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 10:44:43 am
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 10:41:03 am

LOL, i didn't mean he looked like an 8th grade girl physically, i meant when i seen practices and he was backthere, he would not stay in the pocket, but he wasn't mobile like matt so he couldnt create like that. he played scared every time i saw him.

You are right, he wasn't as creative. But he was a much better passer.

Buck Ocean

QuoteThanks for posting, Jason Whitlock.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Fresh Legs!!!
Think like a Jedi

jkcrunch

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 04, 2006, 10:48:48 am
Quote from: 12under on April 04, 2006, 10:44:44 am
here we go, more racial issues.  there is no one in their right mind that would think that matt wasnt the best option for us at qb while he was here

That is not what I said. Read it again.

There were a FEW that openly attacked him for his race. However, the real issue was his locality. To ignore either point, however, would not complete the picture.

So are you saying that TJ was as good as MJ?  Because that is how it reads

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: jkcrunch on April 05, 2006, 01:00:58 pm
here we go, more racial issues.  there is no one in their right mind that would think that matt wasnt the best option for us at qb while he was here

There were a FEW that openly attacked him for his race. However, the real issue was his locality. To ignore either point, however, would not complete the picture.

Yeah this whole thread is a bunch of bull, people hunting for straws to complain about now, No one in their right mind could possibly complain about HDN starting MJ at qb.

Salvaboar Dali

Nope. I am saying that TJ was not given an opportunity to really make that evaluation.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 01:15:44 pm

Nope. I am saying that TJ was not given an opportunity to really make that evaluation.

You don't know that. I know you werent at every practice to see what was going on, I know you weren't in Wittkes head, although there was probably plenty of room, so you really don't know what kind of chance he got. I would wager that since they risked a scholly on him, they probably gave him a chance to earn some pt.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 01:19:19 pm

You don't know that. I know you werent at every practice to see what was going on, I know you weren't in Wittkes head, although there was probably plenty of room, so you really don't know what kind of chance he got. I would wager that since they risked a scholly on him, they probably gave him a chance to earn some pt.

Neither were you.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 01:49:40 pm

Neither were you.

Youre right, but dont u think it's likely that since they gave him a scholly they probably gave him the chance to earn some PT?

lyon98

The playing opportunities nutt gave TJ were very poor. If Nutt didn't know MJ was going to start, he was the only one not in his right mind.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 01:52:09 pm

Neither were you.

Youre right, but dont u think it's likely that since they gave him a scholly they probably gave him the chance to earn some PT?

Nope, I do not think it is likely. When Clark and MJ cshared time, it was the Ft Smith v. Fayetteville crowd. Nutt didn't want to piss off either side, so he let them share.

Since that point, no QB was given a "fair" opportunity to compete for the job while MJ was there.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 01:57:07 pm

Neither were you.

Nope, I do not think it is likely. When Clark and MJ cshared time, it was the Ft Smith v. Fayetteville crowd. Nutt didn't want to piss off either side, so he let them share.

Since that point, no QB was given a "fair" opportunity to compete for the job while MJ was there.

Thats so much bull, If you want to say that HDN isn't a good coach, I will debate that with you, as both sides have good arguments, but you are saying that HDN just plays the players he wants to play not the players that he thinks give him the best oppurtunity to win games. I can respect a differing opinion, but you are just flat out making darn up about the guy, if there were any indication that he played who he wanted to play instead of playing players that can win games for him, i can guarantee you that it would have came to FB's attention and he wouldhave either not hired him or would have done something about. I have no respect for people that just make darn up about someone for no other reason than they just dont like the guy, i am done discussing this with you and will no longer repsond to your asinine posts. Grow up and maybe we can discuss some other items in the future.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 02:02:05 pm

Neither were you.

Thats so much bull, If you want to say that HDN isn't a good coach, I will debate that with you, as both sides have good arguments, but you are saying that HDN just plays the players he wants to play not the players that he thinks give him the best oppurtunity to win games. I can respect a differing opinion, but you are just flat out making Shiite up about the guy, if there were any indication that he played who he wanted to play instead of playing players that can win games for him, i can guarantee you that it would have came to FB's attention and he wouldhave either not hired him or would have done something about. I have no respect for people that just make Shiite up about someone for no other reason than they just dont like the guy, i am done discussing this with you and will no longer repsond to your asinine posts. Grow up and maybe we can discuss some other items in the future.

What did I "make-up"?  Did Clark and MJ not share time?

razorbackfan502000

Thats so much bull, If you want to say that HDN isn't a good coach, I will debate that with you, as both sides have good arguments, but you are saying that HDN just plays the players he wants to play not the players that he thinks give him the best oppurtunity to win games.

12under

Neither were you.

Thats so much bull, If you want to say that HDN isn't a good coach, I will debate that with you, as both sides have good arguments, but you are saying that HDN just plays the players he wants to play not the players that he thinks give him the best oppurtunity to win games. I can respect a differing opinion, but you are just flat out making Shiite up about the guy, if there were any indication that he played who he wanted to play instead of playing players that can win games for him, i can guarantee you that it would have came to FB's attention and he wouldhave either not hired him or would have done something about. I have no respect for people that just make Shiite up about someone for no other reason than they just dont like the guy, i am done discussing this with you and will no longer repsond to your asinine posts. Grow up and maybe we can discuss some other items in the future.
there is too much common sense in that post for this board.  btw,  i agree with almost everything you said

razorbackfan502000

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 02:05:02 pm
Thats so much bull, If you want to say that HDN isn't a good coach, I will debate that with you, as both sides have good arguments, but you are saying that HDN just plays the players he wants to play not the players that he thinks give him the best oppurtunity to win games.

So, Nutt coaches in a political vacuum?

Feralhog

April 05, 2006, 02:10:42 pm #68 Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:14:33 pm by Feralhog

I don't know if he's making Shiite up or not, so I'll simply ask this.  How many touches did Felix Jones and Darren McFadden get against Vanderbilt?  One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen from a head coach.  Ranks right up there with the decision of having your fullback return punts.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

razorbackfan502000

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 02:15:50 pm
Quote from: 12under on April 05, 2006, 02:14:13 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 02:06:35 pm
who are u talking to?
u

I thought u sounded like a smart man

I still want to know what I "made-up" and if you believe Nutt coaches in a political vacuum.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Feralhog on April 05, 2006, 02:10:42 pm

I don't know if he's making Shiite up or not, so I'll simply ask this.  How many touches did Felix Jones and Darren McFadden get against Vanderbilt?  One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen from a head coach.  Ranks right up there with the decision of having your fullback return punts.

I will NEVER believe that a D1 coach would not play the players they thoght gave them the best chance to win any given game. Ofcourse in hindsight we see that Mac was the man last season, but obviously he didnt look like it to the coaching staff going into the vandy game. BTW we had a sr back that up until last season looked like he was just waiting for his chance to carry the team. He fizzled last season, but still, he MUST have looked better in practice then Mac b4 that game or else dmac would have gotten the start.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 02:18:41 pm

I will NEVER believe that a D1 coach would not play the players they thoght gave them the best chance to win any given game. Ofcourse in hindsight we see that Mac was the man last season, but obviously he didnt look like it to the coaching staff going into the vandy game. BTW we had a sr back that up until last season looked like he was just waiting for his chance to carry the team. He fizzled last season, but still, he MUST have looked better in practice then Mac b4 that game or else dmac would have gotten the start.

If you want to belev that coch lives and coaches in a poitical vauum, fine, but that is a fantasy. EVERY job has political pressures that keep people from choosing the best alternative. Do you think every Nutt hire was unpolitical? Do you think that the hiriung of Nutt was nonpolitical?  If you do, ylu are a fool. Player personnel is no different. Sometimes political pressures keep coaches from running plays, hiring people, or playing players. They have an interest in playing the best player, but that is not their only interest.

12under

would you do something in your job that you thought would get you fired?  neither would hdn.  his intentions are good

Salvaboar Dali

If you want to beleve that a coach lives and coaches in a poitical vacuum, fine, but that is a fantasy. EVERY job has political pressures that keep people from choosing the best alternative. Do you think every Nutt hire was unpolitical? Do you think that the hiriung of Nutt was nonpolitical?  If you do, ylu are a fool. Player personnel is no different. Sometimes political pressures keep coaches from running plays, hiring people, or playing players. They have an interest in playing the best player, but that is not their only interest.

Feralhog

Maybe not D-Mac so much as Felix Jones because D-Mac didn't get many touches against Mo St, but I'm sorry.  You not recognizing Felix Jones' ability in that game and thinking that not using him against Vanderbilt is hindsight, doesn't speak much about your ability to evaluate talent.  Anyone with a lick of sense recognized two things against Vanderbilt, WHILE THE GAME WAS GOING ON.  1) That Felix Jones rode the pine 2) We needed Felix in the game. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

12under

Quote from: Feralhog on April 05, 2006, 02:49:18 pm

Maybe not D-Mac so much as Felix Jones because D-Mac didn't get many touches against Mo St, but I'm sorry.  You not recognizing Felix Jones' ability in that game and thinking that not using him against Vanderbilt is hindsight, doesn't speak much about your ability to evaluate talent.  Anyone with a lick of sense recognized two things against Vanderbilt, WHILE THE GAME WAS GOING ON.  1) That Felix Jones rode the pine 2) We needed Felix in the game. 
D Howard played great that game, too bad the officials didnt

Feralhog

Quote from: 12under on April 05, 2006, 02:52:36 pm
D Howard played great that game, too bad the officials didnt

The line blew open some big holes in that game.  I wonder what might have been with Felix Jones' and D-Mac's speed?  We'll never know will we.   

hogsrmyfav36

Gentlemen.  TJ had a cannon of an arm but he also had to play behind an offensive line that Markuson coached.  For whatever reason, Markuson just doesn't seem to know how to coach pass blocking, period.  MJ was a better fit at QB because he could dodge 3 defensive linemen, 1 linebacker, and a blitzing safety all on the same play and make something out of nothing.  God willing, Markuson will be forced to keep his BIG mouth shut this year and have NO input on the offensive scheme and will therefore be forced to teach his linemen to pass block or shop for a new job next year.
F&*!NG INTRANET

lyon98

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 02:34:59 pm

If you want to belev that coch lives and coaches in a poitical vauum, fine, but that is a fantasy. EVERY job has political pressures that keep people from choosing the best alternative. Do you think every Nutt hire was unpolitical? Do you think that the hiriung of Nutt was nonpolitical?  If you do, ylu are a fool. Player personnel is no different. Sometimes political pressures keep coaches from running plays, hiring people, or playing players. They have an interest in playing the best player, but that is not their only interest.

Consider Bear Bryant, he was fired at U MD because he didn't start a particular half back that the school president thought should be the starter. Same thing happened at lsu when Huey Long was president. That coach, as Bear, went else where and produced  national champions. Notice the plural.

NOt too often Salaboar is right but this time he is.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Feralhog on April 05, 2006, 02:49:18 pm

HELLO that was against MO State, not an SEC team. Besides Howard was a solid rb, and at that point he deserved to be the starter, and he deserved the carries. Also felix has a bit of fumblitits, thats why he doesnt return punts, MAYBE that had something to do with his limited carries in his SECOND college game????? Lastly, the play at RB did NOT cost us that game. I see noway in hell that you can claim that playing felix or dmac more would have won us that game. Howard had a nice game. RJ cost us that game, quite frankly.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ki285 on April 04, 2006, 11:12:18 pm
this is the worst argument ever. jackson didnt play because he sucked and matt jones was 100 times better.  jones gave us a chance to win any game that we played.  jones pretty much carried the team for four years

Exactly.  I like to argue a point just as much as anyone, but this argument is ridiculous.  TJack couldn't carry Matt Jones' jockstrap on the field for him. 

As for TJack always being inserted when the Hogs were backed up to their goal line...whatever.  He was inserted on the third series of each game regardless of the field position.  He also played almost the entire fourth quarter against Alabama in 2002 and didn't do anything.

The poster who said most of us couldn't have cared less when TJack transferred, however, was wrong.  I cared.  I cared enough to be glad he transferred so our nitwit head coach wouldn't be tempted to try his "two-headed QB", third series idiocy again in 2003.

Check the facts.  The 2002 Hogs were 3-3 when Nutt abandoned the two-headed QB, third series, TJack experiment BS following the Kentucky loss in Fayetteville.  Matt Jones played the rest of the snaps the remainder of the year, and the Hogs won six straight and went to Atlanta.

Well, I should say Matt played ALMOST all the snaps.  Nutt couldn't help himself, and ended up putting Jackson into a still-in-doubt game against La-Lafayette late in the season.  TJack promptly turned the ball over, and that game ended with La-Lafayette throwing passes into the Arkansas end zone with a chance to win it at the end.  Only a Ken Hamlin interception in the end zone saved Nutt from one more of his bonehead QB moves in that game.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 05, 2006, 04:00:12 pm
this is the worst argument ever. jackson didnt play because he sucked and matt jones was 100 times better.  jones gave us a chance to win any game that we played.  jones pretty much carried the team for four years

Exactly.  I like to argue a point just as much as anyone, but this argument is ridiculous.  TJack couldn't carry Matt Jones' jockstrap on the field for him. 

As for TJack always being inserted when the Hogs were backed up to their goal line...whatever.  He was inserted on the third series of each game regardless of the field position.  He also played almost the entire fourth quarter against Alabama in 2002 and didn't do anything.

The poster who said most of us couldn't have cared less when TJack transferred, however, was wrong.  I cared.  I cared enough to be glad he transferred so our nitwit head coach wouldn't be tempted to try his "two-headed QB", third series idiocy again in 2003.

Check the facts.  The 2002 Hogs were 3-3 when Nutt abandoned the two-headed QB, third series, TJack experiment BS following the Kentucky loss in Fayetteville.  Matt Jones played the rest of the snaps the remainder of the year, and the Hogs won six straight and went to Atlanta.

Well, I should say Matt played ALMOST all the snaps.  Nutt couldn't help himself, and ended up putting Jackson into a still-in-doubt game against La-Lafayette late in the season.  TJack promptly turned the ball over, and that game ended with La-Lafayette throwing passes into the Arkansas end zone with a chance to win it at the end.  Only a Ken Hamlin interception in the end zone saved Nutt from one more of his bonehead QB moves in that game.

This thread is just another boneheaded attempt by the darksiders to blame Nutt for something that wasn't even wrong to begin with. Jesus Christ, the fricker has made enough mistakes on his own for people to attack that surely yall don't have to make darn up.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 04:02:52 pm

This thread is just another boneheaded attempt by the darksiders to blame Nutt for something that wasn't even wrong to begin with. Jesus Christ, the fricker has made enough mistakes on his own for people to attack that surely yall don't have to make Shiite up.

What was "made-up"?  I have asked you three times. Are you hoping to repeat yourself enough to make yourself believe something?

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 04:07:58 pm

This thread is just another boneheaded attempt by the darksiders to blame Nutt for something that wasn't even wrong to begin with. Jesus Christ, the fricker has made enough mistakes on his own for people to attack that surely yall don't have to make Shiite up.

What was "made-up"?  I have asked you three times. Are you hoping to repeat yourself enough to make yourself believe something?

I thought i had made this clear to you, but i will try again, using smaller words. You make stuff up, and make claims that aren't possibly true; and i will not discuss this matter further with you. Now if you want to admit that you really have no frickin clue of why TJ didn't get more playing time, i will consider discussing it with you further. To everyone else on this thread; good conversation, good points from both sides of the argument.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 04:11:25 pm

I thought i had made this clear to you, but i will try again, using smaller words. You make stuff up, and make claims that aren't possibly true; and i will not discuss this matter further with you. Now if you want to admit that you really have no frickin clue of why TJ didn't get more playing time, i will consider discussing it with you further. To everyone else on this thread; good conversation, good points from both sides of the argument.

Ok... You have made two claims about me:
#1 I "make stuff up."
Really, name one thing I made-up?

#2: I ""make claims that aren't possibly true"
Like what?

You sir, are A liar, I have done neither of these things or you could tell me one example. The truth is that we are looking at the same evidence and coming away with two different conclusions. Your small brain just can't comprehend two possibilities extending from the same evidence.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 04:22:47 pm

#1 I "make stuff up."

Like what?

You sir, are A liar, I have done neither of these things or you could tell me one example. The truth is that we are looking at the same evidence and coming away with two different conclusions. Your small brain just can't comprehend two possibilities extending from the same evidence.

Anyone reading this thread can see that you are making up claims about how TJ didn't get to play, not b/c he wasn't a better qb, but b/c HDN simply liked MJ better. No one on this board, except for u i guess, possibly thinks that TJ earned the starting qb spot but MJ got it anyway. MJ was CLEARLY better than TJ. You're just another example of people trying to blame darn on Nutt when the blame lies on the player. PERIOD.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 04:36:48 pm
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 04:22:47 pm

#1 I "make stuff up."

Like what?

Anyone reading this thread can see that you are making up claims about how TJ didn't get to play, not b/c he wasn't a better qb, but b/c HDN simply liked MJ better. No one on this board, except for u i guess, possibly thinks that TJ earned the starting qb spot but MJ got it anyway. MJ was CLEARLY better than TJ. You're just another example of people trying to blame Shiite on Nutt when the blame lies on the player. PERIOD.

No. My claim is that local political pressure from the pro-MJ crowd prevented ANY QB (including Sorahan and TJ) from getting a fair shot at the starting job. You may disagree about why, but to say that that political pressure did not read the message boards at the time. My conclusion is based upon that kind of evidence. Nothing was made-up.

Were you born this stupid?

razorbackfan502000

SO, then, your so narrow minded that anyone that doesnt agree with you is stupid? Let me tell you, I have TWO masters degrees, and i'm not exactly worried about your opinion of my intelligence, however, i do NOT appreciate you resorting to the name calling. Oh and when you make claims as you did with NO proof, that is called making stuff up.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 04:51:53 pm
SO, then, your so narrow minded that anyone that doesnt agree with you is stupid? Let me tell you, I have TWO masters degrees, and i'm not exactly worried about your opinion of my intelligence, however, i do NOT appreciate you resorting to the name calling. Oh and when you make claims as you did with NO proof, that is called making stuff up.

Two Masters Degrees? Did the first one not take?

Neither of us can "prove" either of our points. That is why I am calling you stupid.

BTW...
I am finishing my PhD. I have completed my comps and am finishing my dissertation - 3.92 GPA. Lets not compare dick sizes.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 04:55:29 pm

How either of us "prove" either of our points. We can't. That is why you are stupid, in my book.

BTW...
I am finishing my PhD. I have completed my comps and am finishing my dissertation - 3.92 GPA. Lets not compare dick sizes.
You are the one that started making it personal, not the other way around. Also , your'e wrong, i can indeed prove that MJ was a better qb than TJ. Would you like to know how i can prove it? MJ started while TJ sat on the bench, PERIOD end of discussion I WIN.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 04:58:24 pm
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 04:55:29 pm

How either of us "prove" either of our points. We can't. That is why you are stupid, in my book.

BTW...
You are the one that started making it personal, not the other way around. Also , your'e wrong, i can indeed prove that MJ was a better qb than TJ. Would you like to know how i can prove it? MJ started while TJ sat on the bench, PERIOD end of discussion I WIN.

You can not prove anything. We can both identify qualitative and quantitative evidence to support our conclusions, but neither of us can prove crap. If we could, there would be no busts in the NFL draft. Player evaluation is not a perfect or proveable science.

12under

i cant believe you two spent all afternoon arguing if mj was better than tj.  and i cant believe i spent a good part of the afternoon reading it.  mj was, is, and always will be a better player than tarvaris.

dana caldwell

political decisions, after HS, anyway, are few and far between in sports, i believe. mostly think those notions are nonsense, like in the t-jax vs. MJ case.

i will say this, tho: heath played famutimi (son of a friend) a ton when he should not have. and i wonder if mustain will be favored -- it's only natural -- by malzahn, who coached him in HS, if the QB race is at all close.

those aren't really political, by definition, examples, tho.

p.s. BTW, posting degrees, GPAs, female conquests, my dad can whip your dad comments, etc., in an effort to validate a friggin' sports opinion is pretty dorky.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: dana caldwell on April 05, 2006, 05:07:02 pm
p.s. BTW, posting degrees, GPAs, female conquests, my dad can whip your dad comments, etc., in an effort to validate a friggin' sports opinion is pretty dorky.

I agree. I cringed right after I did it

dana caldwell

we've all been there and done that, bro.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: dana caldwell on April 05, 2006, 05:07:02 pm

i will say this, tho: heath played famutimi (son of a friend) a ton when he should not have. and i wonder if mustain will be favored -- it's only natural -- by malzahn, who coached him in HS, if the QB race is at all close.

And this is along what I have been saying to the most degree. I am sure he also heard the moans when he took out MJ and put in TJ or Sorahan and I am confident this had an impact, even if it was passive.

Cure

Quote from: LuvvintheHogs on April 05, 2006, 06:21:08 pm
Quote from: 12under on April 05, 2006, 05:06:43 pm
  mj was, is, and always will be a better player than tarvaris.

Yet, Jones was drafted as a WIDE RECEIVER, and Jackson will be drafted as a QUARTERBACK.

Cogitate on that for a second before returning to your regularly scheduled stupid argument.
Exactly what I was about to post...+1
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

rricha

How long has T Jack been gone