Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

FYI - Kiper Jr. has his stock rising says early third round

12under

he was awful here, but good luck to him

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: 12under on April 04, 2006, 10:29:03 am

He was coached awfully, by someone who couldn't utilize his strengths.  Big difference
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

12under

Quote from: dubyacee on April 04, 2006, 10:30:10 am

He was coached awfully, by someone who couldn't utilize his strengths.  Big difference

that didnt take long....you're right, he was unbelievable here, nutt just screwed up the next mike vick

12under

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: 12under on April 04, 2006, 10:31:18 am
Quote from: dubyacee on April 04, 2006, 10:30:10 am

that didnt take long....you're right, he was unbelievable here, nutt just screwed up the next mike vick

TJ had no footspeed. He was no Mike Vick on that front.  His biggest problem was that he was a black kid from Alabama that was competing against a local white QB from Van Buren. "Both of these factors influenced different people. T the KY game, I had two college age fans behind me yelling "take out the n****" when he was put-in late in the game. This behavior was rare, but it happened and I witnessed it.

I knew both TJ and Matt and both were great kids. However, TJ received quite a bit of anonymous harassment (not threats, just harassment). Even if both kids were white, TJ was doomed. There was no way people wanted to see an alabama QB when there was an equally (but differently) talented QB from NWA on the team.

Dick, Johnson, Mortenson, and every other QB are similarly doomed. If Mustain reshirts by choice, whoever starts will "suck" because many will feel Mustain would have been just a little better. The year he is eligible, a real pandoras box will open.

All TJ needed was an opportunity. Politics prevented him from getting that opportunity here.

12under

here we go, more racial issues.  there is no one in their right mind that would think that matt wasnt the best option for us at qb while he was here

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: 12under on April 04, 2006, 10:44:44 am
here we go, more racial issues.  there is no one in their right mind that would think that matt wasnt the best option for us at qb while he was here

That is not what I said. Read it again.

There were a FEW that openly attacked him for his race. However, the real issue was his locality. To ignore either point, however, would not complete the picture.

12under

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 04, 2006, 10:48:48 am

There were a FEW that openly attacked him for his race. However, the real issue was his locality. To ignore either point, however, would not complete the picture.
i agree that it probably happened, but by no one who had any influence on his playing time.  i think race or locality played NO role in his playing time.  matt jones played a major role in tj's lack of pt

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: 12under on April 04, 2006, 10:51:53 am

i agree that it probably happened, but by no one who had any influence on his playing time.  i think race or locality played NO role in his playing time.  matt jones played a major role in tj's lack of pt

Nope, but I am sure the boos when TJ lined-up under center influenced those that gave him PT. It also probably distrated and influenced his performance. Not to mention that he was usually put in for a few plays, pinned deep in our own territory, and wthout an opportunity to develop a rhythem or even a chance to settle.

I will tell you, he privately commeneted to me and other players that he hated being told to go into the game every thime we were within our own 15 yard line. I still have no idea why Nutt decided to put him in on those situations.An inexperiences, slow QB has no business being thrown into that oven if not necessary.  They blitzed him every time and it got UGLY.

socalhogcaller

No.  The real issue was that he never moved the team when he had a chance. 

idochog

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 04, 2006, 10:25:17 am
FYI - Kiper Jr. has his stock rising says early third round

Another knock on HDN's ability to develop a QB.
I love Jesus!

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: socalhogcaller on April 04, 2006, 11:33:51 am

No.  The real issue was that he never moved the team when he had a chance. 

His 2003 Game-by game stats:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/players/21483/
Sep. 07 Boise St. W 41 - 14 QB 0 4 0.0 0 0 0 1 6 0 6.0 0 0
Sep. 14 South Florida W 42 - 3 QB 8 11 72.7 78 1 1 4 -12 0 -3.0 0 0
Sep. 28 Alabama L 12 - 30 QB 1 11 9.1 16 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
Oct. 05 Tennessee L 38 - 41 QB 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0.0 0 0
Oct. 12 Auburn W 38 - 17 QB 0 2 0.0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
Oct. 19 Kentucky L 17 - 29 QB 2 4 50.0 12 0 0 4 4 0 1.0 0 0
Nov. 16 Louisiana Lafayette W 24 - 17 QB 2 2 100.0 23 0 0 3 -10 0 -3.3 0 0
Dec. 07 Georgia L 3 - 30 QB 1 4 25.0 14 0 0 1 -4 0 -4.0 0 0
TOTALS 14 39 35.9 143 1 2 14 -16 0 -1.1 0 0

He rarely had more than 4 attempts per game.

BPPig

Well put me in the group that does not have a right mind because I hate that MJ was made a QB here. We won some games we might not of the first couple of years but few of any real significance. We get excited about Marcus Monk at WR and rightfully so, but MJ was was larger, about the same height, and significantly faster. TJ had a cannon and I am sure he could have been taught to hand off well also. Using him at QB showed a real lack of creative thinking in my view. I think using him there helps prove my theory that HDN coaches to keep his job and not much more. Not that I blame him, he does make a lot of money for being mediocre.

pork and mindy

I remember him being useless.

TulsaHogFan

Hmmm Black QB played like darn under Nutt's system, but everywhere else does great.  Are we talking about TJ or RoJo?

Funny how well these QB's do without Nutt in the way.

To the guy who said he did well against DII and not SEC, well you may be right but he is going to get a shot at NFL now.  I would like more future NFL players on our team.

I love it, he is going to get drafted but he would suck in the SEC. Do what?

RAZORBART

Your memory is obviously better than salvaboar's. Wonder how much he would like to wager on TJ playing QB in the NFL ?

TulsaHogFan

Actually your both right.  TJ played like crap cause he was put in at the worst times and in the worst situations.  But he had a cannon of an arm.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 04, 2006, 12:26:30 pm
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 04, 2006, 12:25:04 pm
Actually your both right.  TJ played like crap cause he was put in at the worst times and in the worst situations.  But he had a cannon of an arm.

No doubt.  The problem was he couldn't hit a warehouse with that cannon. 
That's the way I remember it.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

TulsaHogFan

Was it a problem with coaching? LMAO.  Let's see, at Arkansas he is riding the pine. Now he is predicted to go THIRD ROUND.

Of course I could care less when he left. Cause we did less with more.  We did not do more with less that's for sure.  I would have loved if HDN had half a brain and could develop a QB.  I would loved having him throw to a NFL drafted reciever we had on the team for 4 years.

I am not going to say I told you so, but rather, Nutt fricked up and missed on another one.

TulsaHogFan

QuoteNo doubt.  The problem was he couldn't hit a warehouse with that cannon.

Wait are we talking about TJ or Robert Johnson.....  this whole convo takes on a whole new meaning when you sub RoJo's name in for TJ.

TulsaHogFan

Honestly I am not making any assumptions.  I am only saying hey look at the similarities.TJ to RJ.  Look at the outcome. Its interesting.  I believe Lee did a good job with TJ, only we never saw it on the field. Just my opinion.

Feralhog

April 04, 2006, 12:58:58 pm #22 Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 01:00:42 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 04, 2006, 10:41:33 am

TJ had no footspeed. He was no Mike Vick on that front.  His biggest problem was that he was a black kid from Alabama that was competing against a local white QB from Van Buren. "Both of these factors influenced different people. T the KY game, I had two college age fans behind me yelling "take out the n****" when he was put-in late in the game. This behavior was rare, but it happened and I witnessed it.

I knew both TJ and Matt and both were great kids. However, TJ received quite a bit of anonymous harassment (not threats, just harassment). Even if both kids were white, TJ was doomed. There was no way people wanted to see an alabama QB when there was an equally (but differently) talented QB from NWA on the team.

Dick, Johnson, Mortenson, and every other QB are similarly doomed. If Mustain reshirts by choice, whoever starts will "suck" because many will feel Mustain would have been just a little better. The year he is eligible, a real pandoras box will open.

All TJ needed was an opportunity. Politics prevented him from getting that opportunity here.

I don't suppose Tjack's inability to hit the broad side of a moving barn had anything to do with this?  If anyone got hosed in 01, it was Sorehan. 

I attended several of the two a days and Ryan stood head and shoulders above all the other QB's.  He didn't have much zip on the ball but he could a six ft tall 2x4 at 20 yards. 

Of course the following year the coaches changed Sorehan's throwing motion and his arm strength inched a bit closer to Tjacks, unfortunately his accuracy became more like Tjack as well.       
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 04, 2006, 12:25:04 pm

That is just about what I posted.

Also, there is confusion about what I posted. He never got a fair shot because there was so much pressure for MJ to play. He LEFT because of the lack of opportunity and the harassment (some, not the majority) he experienced.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: Feralhog on April 04, 2006, 12:58:58 pm
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 04, 2006, 10:41:33 am

I don't suppose Tjack's inability to hit the broad side of a moving barn had anything to do with this?  If anyone got hosed in 01, it was Sorehan. 

I attended several of the two a days and Ryan stood head and shoulders above all the other QB's.  He didn't have much zip on the ball but he could a six ft tall 2x4 at 20 yards. 

Of course the following year the coaches changed Sorehan's throwing motion and his arm strength inched a bit closer to Tjacks, unfortunately his accuracy became more like Tjack as well.       

I agree with that as well. Same deal, Ryan was from Cali (and turned down LSU to attend the UA) and MJ was from NWA.

It will happen again when Mustain ends his redshirt.

lyon98

TJ got screwed every which way but loose. Every time nutt put him, that I can remember, he was deep in a hole and Joe Montana would have had trouble getting out.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Feralhog

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 04, 2006, 02:48:43 pm
I agree with that as well. Same deal, Ryan was from Cali (and turned down LSU to attend the UA) and MJ was from NWA.

It will happen again when Mustain ends his redshirt.

Maybe having an OC who knows how to utilize his talent will have better results than the stubborn attempts by Matt's OC to fit a square peg in a round hole.  Had Matt played for Texas under Brown, the Horns would probably have more than one Sears Trophy in their trophy case.   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

ki285

this is the worst argument ever. jackson didnt play because he sucked and matt jones was 100 times better.  jones gave us a chance to win any game that we played.  jones pretty much carried the team for four years

HogsRule

Anyone watch the all star game with TJ? He's still awful. You are going on the opinion of MEL KIPER. Remember what he said about Matt when every other analyst said Matt was freak of nature. You know, Mike Cherry left here went and made a name at a small school and then went pro. How's that workin out for him?
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

pork-e-pine

t-jack=Rojo 
Talented enough to be intriguing but not enough to get it done.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

mj4president

Kiper also said MJ was a 5th round pick!!! Please dont put this one on Nutt. I know yall hate him and I have gotten crap for defending him but he was here at the wrong place and time. Any coach in the world would have seen the play making ability that MJ had. In the NFL MJ should be a wide out like he is but the college game is much slower and MJ needed the ball in his hands as much as possible. You guys are fools who say TJ should have been in because all yall do is bitch about Nutt all of the time. If nutt gave yall 1 million dollars you would want another million. Nutt has messed up in some parts but every coach does, he evaluated the talent at the qb spot dead on playing MJ and not TJ.  Wow, what if yall who started this thread were the coaches? MJ would have been the back-up qb and a starting  wide out who might have gotten the ball 5 to 10 times a game at most.

Lets see what would have happened with MJ not behind center- No ole miss win, no lsu win, no kentucky, no auburn or bama wins, no miss state wins,oh yea the Texas game forget that one and wouldnt have been close in the 2nd. Matt nearly beat Texas by himself. If Nick Saban were the coach I promise MJ would have played starting QB and wouldnt yall consider him a pretty good coach???
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

zwhogfan

TJ had skill, no doubt, and a cannon arm. I think it was a similar situation with him and RoJo, tons of talent and potential but never able to bring it out on the field. Also tough for TJ to get pt when Matt Jones was here.

Feralhog

Quote from: mj4president on April 05, 2006, 12:27:50 am
Kiper also said MJ was a 5th round pick!!! Please dont put this one on Nutt. I know yall hate him and I have gotten crap for defending him but he was here at the wrong place and time. Any coach in the world would have seen the play making ability that MJ had. In the NFL MJ should be a wide out like he is but the college game is much slower and MJ needed the ball in his hands as much as possible. You guys are fools who say TJ should have been in because all yall do is bitch about Nutt all of the time. If nutt gave yall 1 million dollars you would want another million. Nutt has messed up in some parts but every coach does, he evaluated the talent at the qb spot dead on playing MJ and not TJ.  Wow, what if yall who started this thread were the coaches? MJ would have been the back-up qb and a starting  wide out who might have gotten the ball 5 to 10 times a game at most.

Lets see what would have happened with MJ not behind center- No ole miss win, no lsu win, no kentucky, no auburn or bama wins, no miss state wins,oh yea the Texas game forget that one and wouldnt have been close in the 2nd. Matt nearly beat Texas by himself. If Nick Saban were the coach I promise MJ would have played starting QB and wouldnt yall consider him a pretty good coach???

Talk about selective memory!  Wasn't Nutt the guy who put TJack in time after time?

dana caldwell

he got pretty good PT, but often in horrible spots: near his own goal-line early in big games for some reason and mop-up duties with second-string linemen/receivers.

he looked great in practice, but got terrified, it seemed, in large settings, which he avoided with the transfer.

still, his arm-strength is intriguing, sort of like longshot MLB prospects who throw in the 90s but have to develop control. or a QB at a combine that runs a 4.37. or mike cherry.

don't see him making it, but he'll get the chance.

razorbackfan502000

I would like to point out Mike Cherry, he sucked here, transferred to a D2 school, had a nice career, was drafted and sits on the bench in NY. He sucked here, who knows why, sometimes players just don't fit a system. Not b/c of bad coaching or whatever, or not even b/c of lack of talent on the players part, sometimes players just dont fit a system. TJ didn't fit ours, that doesn't neccesarily make him a bad player, nor does it make Nutt a bad coach b/c TJ went to a different school and had a good career. I will remind everyone that Troy Aikmen stunk it up at his first college of choice, had a good career at his second stop. WOuld anyone argue that Troy wasn't a good qb? What about the coach that he trasnferred away from???????? Anyone? Anyone?

FTS

Then why cut down the coaches? If Matt was the best as you say, Matt and TJ got the same coaching??

lyon98

Any coach in the world would have seen the play making ability that MJ had.
Lets see what would have happened with MJ not behind center-

Not quite, almost any coach, MJ4P. Nutt never knew who the starting QB would be until they first game started, so he said every spring. Remember the MJ for punt returner?
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 09:52:52 am

Not quite, almost any coach, MJ4P. Nutt never knew who the starting QB would be until they first game started, so he said every spring. Remember the MJ for punt returner?

Maybe he never knew, because he dam well knew that MJ would have been better suited at WR and thats where he wanted to play him BUT none of his other qbs ever produced, and dont give me your darn about thats his fault, he recruited and signed many highly touted qbs when matt was on campus and none of them could manage to compete at the level of his converted wr, so he tried and tried to make it happen, then in the end said nope ive gotta go with mj at qb.

lyon98

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 10:01:03 am

Maybe he never knew, because he dam well knew that MJ would have been better suited at WR and thats where he wanted to play him BUT none of his other qbs ever produced, and dont give me your Shiite about thats his fault, he recruited and signed many highly touted qbs when matt was on campus and none of them could manage to compete at the level of his converted wr, so he tried and tried to make it happen, then in the end said nope ive gotta go with mj at qb.

You don't really believe that do you? Mike Erwin has some land to sell. Who were those QBs? TJ wasn't recruited by AL, Sorehand wasn't by CA teams, who else? Just because the fsu QB that played baseball turned out good was no guarantee.

Every body that knew anything about football, butt nutt, knew MJ would start. Nutt got his feelings hurt when MJ played basketball.
What Is A Veteran?

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 10:06:50 am

Maybe he never knew, because he dam well knew that MJ would have been better suited at WR and thats where he wanted to play him BUT none of his other qbs ever produced, and dont give me your Shiite about thats his fault, he recruited and signed many highly touted qbs when matt was on campus and none of them could manage to compete at the level of his converted wr, so he tried and tried to make it happen, then in the end said nope ive gotta go with mj at qb.

You don't really believe that do you? Mike Erwin has some land to sell. Who were those QBs? TJ wasn't recruited by AL, Sorehand wasn't by CA teams, who else? Just because the fsu QB that played baseball turned out good was no guarantee.

Every body that knew anything about football, butt nutt, knew MJ would start. Nutt got his feelings hurt when MJ played basketball.

You're right, EVERYTHIG is HDN's fault, JEsus Christ you people crack me up.

dana caldwell

nutt did want very much to play jones at WR, but daddy just wouldn't have it. that's one reason he really wanted t-jax to take over at QB. that's one scenario that can't be blamed on nutt, i don't think.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: dana caldwell on April 05, 2006, 10:15:53 am
nutt did want very much to play jones at WR, but daddy just wouldn't have it. that's one reason he really wanted t-jax to take over at QB. that's one scenario that can't be blamed on nutt, i don't think.

EVERYTHING THAT GOES WRONG IS NUTTS FAULT, EVERYTHING THAT GOES RIGHT IS INSPITE OF NUTT, WHAT DON'T YOU GET ABOUT THAT???

sarcasm

Salvaboar Dali

April 05, 2006, 10:20:57 am #42 Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:24:21 am by Salvaboar Dali

Who were those QBs? TJ wasn't recruited by AL, Sorehand wasn't by CA teams, who else?

Wrong.  From University of California Webpage (where he originally signed):
http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sorahan_ryan00.html

A rare find at the quarterback position as he has excellent size, a great arm and superior accuracy...became Cal's first recruit of the '99 class when he committed to the Bears last June, following an impressive stint at the Cal summer camp ... was being recruited by Washington, USC and Oregon before he announced his decision to come to Cal ... had a great senior season in which he completed 131-of-209 passes (62.7%) for 2,436 yards and 17 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions ... a PrepStar All-America selection, rating as the No. 6 quarterback prospect in the West ... a member of the SuperPrep All-Far West team as the No. 66 overall prospect ... a member of the Tacoma News-Tribune Western Top 100 list ... earned first team DeAnza League and Central Coast Section honors...as a junior, he passed for 1,871 yards (90-for-139) and 18 touchdowns with only 4 interceptions... an excellent student who was selected as a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete ... plans to major in business at Cal ... parents are Dennis and Carolyn ... born Jan. 8, 1981 in Los Gatos, CA.

lyon98

Think just how stupid it would have been for nutt to play MJ at WR. MJ could have run a 3 second 40 and still not gotten to the ball TJ threw while he was being coached at Arkansas. Like I said, every one that knew the Hogs played football knew MJ would start and it was stupid for Nutt to say differently. Make that a 2 second 40.

Was it Forrest Gump that stupid is that stupid does? How true.
What Is A Veteran?

lyon98

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 10:20:57 am

Who were those QBs? TJ wasn't recruited by AL, Sorehand wasn't by CA teams, who else?

A rare find at the quarterback position as he has excellent size, a great arm and superior accuracy...became Cal's first recruit of the '99 class when he committed to the Bears last June, following an impressive stint at the Cal summer camp ... was being recruited by Washington, USC and Oregon before he announced his decision to come to Cal ... had a great senior season in which he completed 131-of-209 passes (62.7%) for 2,436 yards and 17 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions ... a PrepStar All-America selection, rating as the No. 6 quarterback prospect in the West ... a member of the SuperPrep All-Far West team as the No. 66 overall prospect ... a member of the Tacoma News-Tribune Western Top 100 list ... earned first team DeAnza League and Central Coast Section honors...as a junior, he passed for 1,871 yards (90-for-139) and 18 touchdowns with only 4 interceptions... an excellent student who was selected as a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete ... plans to major in business at Cal ... parents are Dennis and Carolyn ... born Jan. 8, 1981 in Los Gatos, CA.

Wrong? How many games did he start at CA?
What Is A Veteran?

12under

Quote from: ki285 on April 04, 2006, 11:12:18 pm
this is the worst argument ever. jackson didnt play because he sucked and matt jones was 100 times better.  jones gave us a chance to win any game that we played.  jones pretty much carried the team for four years
why cant everyone see this.  this argument is very simple, mj was MUCH better than tj for us.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 10:22:42 am

Think just how stupid it would have been for nutt to play MJ at WR. MJ could have run a 3 second 40 and still not gotten to the ball TJ threw while he was being coached at Arkansas. Like I said, every one that knew the Hogs played football knew MJ would start and it was stupid for Nutt to say differently. Make that a 2 second 40.

Was it Forrest Gump that stupid is that stupid does? How true.

You could not possibly be mre wrong, If he had no intention of playing him at WR then why in spring practices was he practicing at the WR position? Do you not think that he KNEW that MJ didn't have a strong arm? We all knew that, and i can guarantee you that includes the coaching staff, and he tried and tried and tried other qbs and no one could get the job done as well as MJ, thats why he did not play at the wr spot in college.

12under

Quote from: FTS on April 05, 2006, 09:02:15 am

Then why cut down the coaches? If Matt was the best as you say, Matt and TJ got the same coaching??
i dont know what the confusion is, but you never saw me cutting down the coaches.  go back and read it again.  some of these people are cutting down nutt for not developing tj when he was not even his position coach.  i bet if robert johnson turns out to be good this year, nutt will get no credit, all alex wood.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 10:23:46 am

You said he wasn't RECRUITED. He was. Don't get your panties in a wad because you were caught talking out of your ass about someone/something you did not know anything about.  Honestly, I do not think he started any at CA, but he was a second team JUCO all-american and was recruited by Oklahoma, LSU, and Arkansas. We were lucky to get him and allowed him to rot on the bench so that we could watch Matt Jones scramble, never learn how to read a defense, never learn how to hold a football, and never learn to throw a ball out of bounds.

Same deal as TJ. Sorahan was never given an opportunity because we had a local QB that we would rather see play. Sorahan, was never given a shot due to fan pressure.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 05, 2006, 10:29:18 am
Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2006, 10:23:46 am

You said he wasn't RECRUITED. He was. Don't get your panties in a wad because you were caught talking out of your ass about someone/something you did not know anything about.  Honestly, I do not think he started any at CA, but he was a second team JUCO all-american and was recruited by Oklahoma, LSU, and Arkansas. We were lucky to get him and allowed him to rot on the bench so that we could watch Matt Jones scramble, never learn how to read a defense, never learn how to hold a football, and never learn to throw a ball out of bounds.

Same deal as TJ. Sorahan was never given an opportunity because we had a local QB that we would rather see play. Sorahan, was never given a shot due to fan pressure.

UM no sir, those guys weren't "rotting on the bench" because MJ was a local kid. They did not earn the pt. Get real, D1 football is big tiime , they don't play games like that, they play the kids that they think will give them the best oppurtunity to win. PERIOD. if TJ would have came out and moved the ball he would have played. If sorahan didnt look like a lost 8th grade GIRL on the practice field he wold have played. RJ wasn't a local kid, guess what he gotta shot, he lost that shot when he proved that he couldn't produce. And don't even come back with HDN doesn't play the players that he feels are giving him the best chance to win, b/c that is bull and u know it.