Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First play of 06?

Started by OkieHog, April 03, 2006, 07:48:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksnort

Long, long pass down the right sideline to DW.  TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS ... OH MY !!!!!

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2006, 12:39:06 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 03, 2006, 07:51:50 pm
Whatever the defense gives.
This thread should have ended with that post.
That's exactly what will happen.

well seeing as how last time they gave up a touchdown on a kick off anything could happen =)

MJ2

To give the QB confidence, it will be a quick throw to the right side of the field (intended for Damian Williams) and promptly picked for 6.  All the sudden 48 seconds into the season we're down 7-0 and Felix Jones gets swarmed at the 13 on the ensuing kickoff.

Question, now is..... what will the 2nd play be?  Right.  Hand of to McFadden, gain of 2.  2nd & 8 on our own 15.  Incomplete pass down right sideline.  3rd & 8 from 15.  Sack.  4th & 16 from our 7.  Punting out of our own endzone.

I gotta quit.  I'm getting depressed.

Hogwild07

PA to McFadden, and then Mitch hits Damian on a deep post for 6.

GorillaJMonsoon

Nutt calls a timeout, then we don't get the play off in time and take a delay of game penalty, then we run a draw.

hogsrbad

Bet it is one or the other, doubt we punt.

stan the man

I say a quick slant  pass over the middle to McFadden for big yardage.

kawabiker

Quarterback Sneak from the shotgun!

fire_hog

Come to the line with 3 wideouts, confusion on the LOS, Nutt calls timeout, then a procedure penalty when Nutt sends in RoJo, MM, AND Dick to play QB and they end up in a scrum all trying to get under center at the same time. Then a delay of game when refs find Dale in the fetal position hugging the pileon in the south endzone.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

PorcineSublime

The fact that we are all excited about the first play is an indication that things are different. One can only hope that we are rewarded.

I say it will be a run. Kind of an end of an era kind of thing.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hog caller

i agree with the two who think it will be a run . just a jitters thing.1st 5 plAYS WILL BE SCRIPTED THOUGH I BELIEVE THAT.

razorbackfan502000

I would laugh my damn ass off if Gus fooled everyone by calling a draw play to the right. LOL

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 06, 2006, 06:32:06 pm
I would laugh my damn ass off if Gus fooled everyone by calling a draw play to the right. LOL

I actually think that would be a very good play call.  Everyone would think that everyone would be expecting it, so everyone would think that no way he would call it, so no one would be anticipating it.

whoa...I'm feeling a little dizzy after typing that.
Retired Radio Host

clemensrules01

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2006, 12:39:06 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 03, 2006, 07:51:50 pm
Whatever the defense gives.
This thread should have ended with that post.
That's exactly what will happen.

no it wont. that may be the case as the game goes along, but the first couple of plays will be scripted. duh. even i know that.

Razorback53

I think the first play will be deep Mustain to Williams covering 70 yards for their first TD pass and catch as razorbacks.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: Razorback53 on April 10, 2006, 01:45:04 pm
I think the first play will be deep Mustain to Williams covering 70 yards for their first TD pass and catch as razorbacks.

16+1=6

PorkSoda

McFadden on a draw followed by a screen to Hillis.  you have to bring the defense in before going over the top.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

John Futrall

Quote from: Factual Fiction on April 04, 2006, 03:01:20 pm
take a knee. That usually confuses the defense.

It did for a little while, in "The Waterboy"

SirCHog

Fake to D-Mac and hand off to Hillis off left tackle for 7.