Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First play of 06?

Started by OkieHog, April 03, 2006, 07:48:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieHog

Will the Hogs first play from the line of scrimmage be a pass or run?  Anybody care to take a shot in the dark?
FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

zwhogfan

I am betting the deep ball also, like last year. Just a thought but do any of you think throwing that INT on his first deep ball last season shattered RoJo's confidence?

mtownhog

The first play will be HDN's favorite -draw

FLKeysGuy

Whatever the defense gives.

The_Bionic_Pig

Depends on if we win the toss or not and how successful the Defense is at holding USC on their first possession.  3 and out then Gus may go for the throat.  Now if we recieve the ball first it would be smart to test out their Defensive Line -vs- Our Offensive line with Hillis & Jones Line up (That's Power)

I will reserve judgment until after the coin toss.  Then again Felix is now assigned to Kickoff & Punt returns so he may just burn The Men of Troy like he did last year in Los Angeles.  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Pulse

Two years ago i think Nutt had a superstition about running a passing play to start every game. I knew it was comming. But I have no idea if there was anything like that with Springdale. But i'm gonna say it's a pass.

zwhogfan

Hopefully Jones or D-Mac will take it to the house on a kick return. Both of those guys can break a game open at any second. Personally, I think opposing teams would be smart to kick the ball out of bounds for an illegal procedure penalty than kick it to either of those two.

Salvaboar Dali

Albert Einswine

April 03, 2006, 08:19:03 pm #8 Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:23:18 pm by alberteinswine
With Gus Mal a zhan, having been bound, gagged and stuffed in a broom closet in the Broyles Complex.  A befuddled, and fingernail chewing Dale reaches into his legendary bag of tricks and pulls out....... SMOKE DRAW!!! ;D :D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

afhogfan1980

Quote from: alberteinswine on April 03, 2006, 08:19:03 pm
With Gus Mal a zhan, having been bound and gagged and stuffed in a broom closet in the Broyles Center.  A befuddled, and fingernail chewing Dale reaches into his legendary bag of tricks and pulls out....... SMOKE DRAW!!! ;D :D
lmfao +1 to you albert
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

TulsaHogFan

5 WR set with nobody in the backfield.  Recievers will be in this order starting from the opposite side.

Peyton
Monk
Logan

Line

Dmac
Felix

Carroll will imediatly call a timeout.

Don't give me credit, someone else gave me the idea.

Would be funny as hell if it happened though.

HoggusMaximus

off tackle right to D-mac

imahoggie

i think they might expect 5 wides on some level.
a good way to get them to call a time out would be to line up in the wishbone with two tight ends. set up 5 wide on the next play.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

The Pulse

I just ran a simulated first play on NCAA '06. It was a sweep toss right to the FB, Peyton Hillis. picked up 4 yrds.

OkieHog

Quote from: pulsation of being on April 03, 2006, 09:20:37 pm
I just ran a simulated first play on NCAA '06. It was a sweep toss right to the FB, Peyton Hillis. picked up 4 yrds.

lol did you create Casey Dick or use RoJo?

The Pulse

April 03, 2006, 09:38:01 pm #15 Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 09:39:35 pm by pulsation of being
Quote from: OkieHog on April 03, 2006, 09:22:01 pm

I Created Casey Dick. It even chose to give it to the FB (Hillis) in the oneback slot intead of the RB (McFadden) I had to wait until we got a six and out cuz USC won the toss. and Jones got a decent return. 

OkieHog

Quote from: pulsation of being on April 03, 2006, 09:38:01 pm
Quote from: OkieHog on April 03, 2006, 09:22:01 pm

I Created Casey Dick. It even chose to give it to the FB (Hillis) in the oneback slot intead of the RB (McFadden) I had to wait until we got a six and out cuz USC won the toss. and Jones got a decent return. 

Felix Jones isnt on 06 is he?

The Pulse

He's HB #2 (that's what his number was in Highschool)

El Dog Hog

Quote from: pulsation of being on April 03, 2006, 09:46:23 pm

He's HB #30 I think. I know for sure he's not number 2 b/c that was Poole.

O yeah and I think it'll be a little trips left tight A screen at 8. (HB screen to the right. Sorry it had been a while since I got to say something like that.)

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: usarmyhogfan on April 03, 2006, 07:49:16 pm
I am thinking we will pass..Gus is going to come out swinging for the fence's.
I agree

CiriusPorker

i'm fairly confident that it'll be a run play.  with all the hype about a new passing offense, we'll run first..

The Pulse

Quote from: El Dog Hog on April 03, 2006, 09:57:58 pm
Quote from: pulsation of being on April 03, 2006, 09:46:23 pm

He's HB #30 I think. I know for sure he's not number 2 b/c that was Poole.

O yeah and I think it'll be a little trips left tight A screen at 8. (HB screen to the right. Sorry it had been a while since I got to say something like that.)

Poole is HB #1 (which was also his jersey number with the razorbacks)

Broken Trigger

I bet we pass.  2nd down- hand off to DMac. 

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Come on guys... can't we all agree?  How about a screen pass in the flat.  :P

CheerioHog

i think The Mad Nutter will knock Gus out using those crazy chicken signals (someone mentioned them in another post) that he calls plays with make the qb  down the ball till we have like 3-15 and  then run it up the middle!!!!

Randall baumgartne

Ugly Uncle

I bet the defense will be read at the line by Gus...then a signal into Mitch...and we will take what the defense gives us on that play.
Retired Radio Host

afhogfan1980

end around to damien 60 yards touchdown one of many in his career
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

HoggusMaximus

qb scrammble by jones.... oh wait nevermind.

Factual Fiction

take a knee. That usually confuses the defense.

LA HAWG

Deep pass followed by ten straight runs off tackle.

HoopS

What if we did run a "Smoke Draw" and D-Mac took it to the house?

They say that M-16 has a good sense of humor, I would Lmao if he is the starter and checked off to that. 

Hmmmm... in all seriousness, I see a quick hitch to Cedric Washington. 

I also agree that the field position and situation will dictate it. 

rzrbaxfan

Quotetake a knee. That usually confuses the defense.
Quoteqb scrammble by jones.... oh wait nevermind.

+1 for each of you!

I'm going to say it will be one of those new fangled forward passes that we haven't seen executed by Arkansas for a long time.  Houston will lose a nail while watching.

hogsNbeer

The first 5 or 6 plays will be scripted... Meaning, they will run them no matter what....... and the first play will be Off Tackle McFadden...... I have to agree with the other poster.......It will be a run...

Salvaboar Dali

Isn't it obvious?

Kickoff.

RealSmartGuy

Some sort of quick hitting, high percentage screen to pick up +yardage, Gus almost always opens up games with something quick to get in the flow.

excoach

idochog

HDN may be so nervous about Gus calling plays, he might just send in the punt unit on 1st down.
I love Jesus!

go hogues

The real question is, who calls the first play, Malzahn or Nutt?  that will dictate the play.  I remember the first play of Nutt's career against SMU in the Rock (I think we basically hired anyone who could beat SMU at that point) we threw a screen pass in the flat to Anthony Lucas and he ran it 80 yards for a touchdown.  It seems like we have used that play on our first down O' the year ever since.  SO I predict the screen pass in the flat for a gain of 3 right off the bat.  BECAUSE, I think Nutt will somehow override and call the first play.  That's just how he is.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

GOHOGS08

I think Malazhan will go Spread Right with the receivers in this order left to right. Williams, Hillis, Monk, Washington/Logan and D-Mac in the backfield. Mustain throws the tunnel screen to Williams and were off. Malazhan did this a lot but with Pongonis instead of Hillis. Slight upgrade there. Although Pongonis did lay some people out this year.

secthumper

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on April 03, 2006, 08:49:30 pm
5 WR set with nobody in the backfield.  Recievers will be in this order starting from the opposite side.

Peyton
Monk
Logan

Line

Dmac
Felix

Carroll will imediatly call a timeout.

Don't give me credit, someone else gave me the idea.

Would be funny as hell if it happened though.

Kudos!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

Salvaboar Dali

the donger

PIGINAPOKE

Draw too Mc Fadden, Get that special play out there,Bounce around, And if it goes 80 yrds..I called it brother..If it does not work, Run it 50 friggin times again till it does!!
I for one will not fall for the Gus hype..Not yet .I will when he is the Coach..

This fast changeover is a patch.Like the Helecopter? It should not fly on a blueprint..

Do not bet all your horses in just one race,

Hug as you will..  Gus will have some plays..And it will have flashes, But..

The problem to this whole cause of this mess is still in charge. It is a mess ..7-5 tops
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

mikeirwin

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 03, 2006, 07:51:50 pm
Whatever the defense gives.
This thread should have ended with that post.
That's exactly what will happen.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

With Gus Mal a zhan, having been bound, gagged and stuffed in a broom closet in the Broyles Complex.  A befuddled, and fingernail chewing Dale reaches into his legendary bag of tricks and pulls out....... SMOKE DRAW!!! ;D :D

No, no, no. Numb Nutts saves that smoke draw to "fake 'em out" on 3rd and long. What will REALLY fake out USC is this: DMac, off tackle LEFT!!! That get's 'em every time!
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

AFWarrior83

I'm about 90% sure we will run it not only the first play, but probably the second play also, to get the clock going... I know Gus likes to jump out, but college will be harder...
Hogville member since 2005.

Rhyno_Hawg

Power off right tackle with the LG pulling. (the same one he broke vs UGA last year)

15 yards on D-dogs first run. 8)

A-Town Hog Fan

D-Mac off of right tackle for 15 yards and another ARKANSAS RAZORBACK FIRST DOWN   :razorback:  WPS
Lord help us all!