Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

Started by snoot hoggy hog, November 08, 2017, 04:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Would Arkansas consider bringing back Bobby P?
Could Arkansas bring back Bobby P?
Should Arkansas bring back BobbyP?

Hogcore

harrisburghog

I'd take him back in a heartbeat!!!!!!

code red

But but but what about his recruiting lol.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mike_e

That boat sailed, sunk and is now an attraction down in Orlando.

Johnny Depp he ain't.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Porkchop#1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 08, 2017, 04:02:46 am

1.  Too proud to recognize or admit we crapped in our nest by a Long shot.
2.  For sure
3.  No doubt

But really, at this point, it's probably best to just move on.  Still stunned 6 years down the road though at the lack of vision shown by our PTB's. 

Top 5 to bottom 5....hate that for the team and our fans.

M L (bassplayer)

clew

I loved watching the Hogs when he was captain of the boat, but this is stoopid.
Pure as the dawn

hotdog hog

The guy we should bring back won the West 3 times, gave us Matt Jones, Dmac, and all those other studs. Beat National Champion LSU at home, beat the teams he was supposed to beat. And even in his worst years, was competitive. My favorite years as a Hog fan! So before you haters blow me up, he loves that Helmet! Lmao

jgphillips3

No.  We shouldn't have fired him, but neither should we bring him back.  We need the "next" guy.

Hog-Corleone

Long will never bring him back.  Only way is with a new AD.  It's more likely our next coach will be facing him at another SEC school real soon.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Pork Twain

I am sure Louisville would appreciate it.  I only want Bobby back if we can ensure he has an amazing in-state group his first year here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Athog

Someone needing to stir up the small mass on Hogville. He is not ever coming back. Also he has just won one more game than Arkansas this year! Louisville is 5-4. So if we are going to change let us reach higher!

East Clintwood

No.

He shouldn't have been fired but that time has passed.  Too many fans still blame the whole mess on BP and will not ever forgive him for it.  There's no reason to try to start another head coach off with so many of the fans already against him.

Same reason Gus shouldn't be considered either.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

cjack

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 08, 2017, 07:35:12 am
No.

He shouldn't have been fired but that time has passed.  Too many fans still blame the whole mess on BP and will not ever forgive him for it.  There's no reason to try to start another head coach off with so many of the fans already against him.

My thoughts also
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Cinco de Hogo

No!
No!
No!

Ain't happening on any level except that part of my brain that still yearns for the best offensive coach Arkansas has ever had.  Those answers may surprise folks who remember my many post on Hogville but at the end of the day I'm a realist and I know that ship sailed off into the sunset as I was settin on the dock of the bay hating Jeff Long.

MJ2

Cotton

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 08, 2017, 05:47:26 am
1.  Too proud to recognize or admit we crapped in our nest by a Long shot.
Quote from: M L (bassplayer) on November 08, 2017, 06:46:06 am
No, he crapped in his nest.
Actually he got caught crapping outside his nest. 
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Razorbackers

Nope
Nope
Hell nope

hogsanity

Why would we want a guy who is 5-7 in is last 12 games with the reigning Heisman winner at QB and who's team is giving up over 30ppg ( not quite but almost as bad as the Hogs D ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Gonzo

Quote from: hotdog hog on November 08, 2017, 07:05:58 am
The guy we should bring back won the West 3 times, gave us Matt Jones, Dmac, and all those other studs. Beat National Champion LSU at home, beat the teams he was supposed to beat. And even in his worst years, was competitive. My favorite years as a Hog fan! So before you haters blow me up, he loves that Helmet! Lmao

If only he didn't love himself more. I will always wonder how good he could have been if he hadn't let his ego and insecurity get in his way.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 08, 2017, 07:12:28 am
No.  We shouldn’t have fired him, but neither should we bring him back.  We need the “next” guy.
Quote from: East Clintwood on November 08, 2017, 07:35:12 am
No.

I concur. That time was fun, but it is gone. Too much divisiveness to be workable.

Go Hogs!

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

TM Hog

There is absolutely 0% chance of that happening.

Kneph13

We do need a fresh start.  Organic and Fresh.
There is no Political Correctness in war

nationwish

The thing that bothers me are the people who say that he shouldn't have been fired in the first place. He would have been fired from any major corporation if that became public knowledge. Probably every major college would have fired him as well, with very minimal exceptions. Keeping the leader of the organization after something like that happens destroys any credibility you have, and everyone feels like everything goes. The people ranting that we should fire the AD for making that decision have done nothing but continue to divide the fan base and harm the program. We get it. He had a good two years, but he is the only person to blame for being fired.

Gonzo

Quote from: nationwish on November 08, 2017, 08:42:41 am
The thing that bothers me are the people who say that he shouldn't have been fired in the first place. He would have been fired from any major corporation if that became public knowledge. Probably every major college would have fired him as well, with very minimal exceptions. Keeping the leader of the organization after something like that happens destroys any credibility you have, and everyone feels like everything goes. The people ranting that we should fire the AD for making that decision have done nothing but continue to divide the fan base and harm the program. We get it. He had a good two years, but he is the only person to blame for being fired.

Just days before this incident transpired, in a more publicized story, Sean Payton was suspended for a year without pay for bountygate. which he both knew about and about which he lied to the NFL, in essence his boss. So much for every company/team would react the same way.

Firing BP was absolutely a reasonable option. However, it wasn't the only reasonable option.

Go Hogs!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 08, 2017, 08:38:39 am
We do need a fresh start.  Organic and Fresh.

There is only one name that needs to be considered, Mike Norvelle. Until he says no,there needs to be no further discussion on the matter. The next Frank Broyles, and maybe even the next Bear Bryant. Jeffie can redeem his legacy forever with this one hire, as much as I hate to say it. Would no longer be a yankee carpetbagger, and could go from the outhouse to the penthouse with one fell swoop.

hogsanity

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 08, 2017, 10:05:17 am

There is only one name that needs to be considered, Mike Norvelle. Until he says no,there needs to be no further discussion on the matter. The next Frank Broyles, and maybe even the next Bear Bryant. Jeffie can redeem his legacy forever with this one hire, as much as I hate to say it. Would no longer be a yankee carpetbagger, and could go from the outhouse to the penthouse with one fell swoop.

Or he could be the next Butch Jones.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Actually I do believe bring Bobby back is a possibility but only if the U of A's top choices say no.

To put it bluntly: If it came down to either Bobby or Gus, I'd take Bobby in a heartbeat. Why? Because in 3 out of Bobby's 4 years at Arkansas, the Hogs beat the team Gus was with.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2017, 07:30:21 am
We need a fresh start.
Yep. i was one of Bobby's biggest fans.but that part of Razorback football is history. need a fresh start with new people.from the A.D. on down.

Tusks

29-10, the best 3 year stretch for the Hogs since joining the SEC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 10:13:47 am
Actually I do believe bring Bobby back is a possibility but only if the U of A's top choices say no.

To put it bluntly: If it came down to either Bobby or Gus, I'd take Bobby in a heartbeat. Why? Because in 3 out of Bobby's 4 years at Arkansas, the Hogs beat the team Gus was with.

So you want a guy who is SEVENTH in the ACC, with the reiging Heisman winner at QB, to come back here?

GuvHog

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 10:18:21 am
29-10, the best 3 year stretch for the Hogs since joining the SEC.

That's extremely hard to ague with but yet some on here will.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 08, 2017, 10:20:32 am
So you want a guy who is SEVENTH in the ACC, with the reiging Heisman winner at QB, to come back here?

Yep, I'd take him back if the top targets said no because of what he accomplished here. I couldn't care less what he's done at Louisville.

Tusks

So you know BP is having a rough season with the Heisman winner.  I find this fricking hilarious because you know, the hogs have had so many Heisman winners.

I mean there going to have to make space in the new museum for all the Heisman trophies

texas tush hog

GuvHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 08, 2017, 10:05:17 am

Norvell is a very good coach and would be a very good hire but concentrating on one coach is what got LSU stuck with Orgeron. It's best to have multiple options in case their top choice says no.

HoggyCat

He's washed up. Used to be he couldn't win the big one. Now he can't the mediocre matchups.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hotdog hog

Quote from: Gonzo on November 08, 2017, 08:29:52 am
If only he didn't love himself more. I will always wonder how good he could have been if he hadn't let his ego and insecurity get in his way.

Go Hogs!
The one thing I did like about Houston Dale, he was a players coach that won. CBB is a players coach, but seems to have problems coaching period. I liked Ken Hatfield too. Still very approachable. Friends with a couple of guys that played for HDN and they can get you fired up with the stories about how Houston could make you believe they were going to win a ballgame. They loved the guy.

Vantage 8 dude

However one feels about the whole issue and the specific questions, like the discussion of bringing back Nutt the whole thing is totally irrelevant 'cause it AIN'T gonna happen.

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Lady Razorback

It's been hard for me to get over this break up but I finally have.  Don't go bringing up his name now.  I think Norvell is a younger, better version.  Do NOT go crushing my hopes on this one.  Please.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 08, 2017, 05:21:01 pm
It's been hard for me to get over this break up but I finally have.  Don't go bringing up his name now.  I think Norvell is a younger, better version.  Do NOT go crushing my hopes on this one.  Please.

Don't worry, nobody on here will crush your hopes on Norvell. Jeff Long will do it.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

rude1

No way to undo what was done. If you were going to keep him, then you should have kept him then, even if it meant letting the AD go.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Tusks