Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Complete 2016-17 schedule....

Started by Swinesong1, September 06, 2016, 01:53:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastest40Chica

Hi Everyone!

I am so glad to be able to hang out with you guys and chat HogHoops! Here is my prediction!

12-1 OOC
14-4 SEC Conference

26-5 Overall

#3 Seed (Well that is what we would deserve)

We make the Final4 but lose in the National Championship game. I know that is depressing to make that prediction on losing the title game. I just think there are 3 or 4 teams that can beat us during March Madness. Unless they get knocked off we won't be cutting the nets down in Phoenix. The Hogs are going to have one of the best years ever though in the history of the program. I sincerely believe that :)!

Have a great night!

PS...How do I make my avatar? :) I am new to this! Thanks everyone!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Fastest40Chica on September 14, 2016, 07:26:23 pm
Hi Everyone!

I am so glad to be able to hang out with you guys and chat HogHoops! Here is my prediction!

12-1 OOC
14-4 SEC Conference

26-5 Overall

We make the Final4 but lose in the National Championship game. I know that is depressing to make that prediction on losing the title game. I just think there are 3 or 4 teams that can beat us during March Madness. Unless they get knocked off we won't be cutting the nets down in Phoenix. The Hogs are going to have one of the best years ever though in the history of the program. I sincerely believe that :)!

Have a great night!

Hello sunshine. Come on in and make yourself at home. As to the avatar, I'll let one of the many resident experts help you with that. I know how but I'm on my 4th bourbon and coke and I don't want to blow my buzz.

This is going to be an exciting season. I can just feel it and if we go 12-1 against our OOC schedule, we are in the tourney unless the wheels fall off in conference play. As to seeding and how far we advance, I have no clue but I hope you have a little Hogstradamus in you.  ;)

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 14, 2016, 08:31:29 pm
As to seeding and how far we advance, I have no clue but I hope you have a little Hogstradamus in you.  ;)

A little Hogstradamus indeed!

Welcome to Hogville Fastest40Chica! Always great to have more basketball fans on here.

I just think there are 3 or 4 teams that can beat us during March Madness.

Just wondering, do you have 3 or 4 particular teams in mind that you would see as tough match-ups for us this season?

j-mann

Hi Everyone!

12-1 OOC
14-4 SEC Conference

26-5 Overall

Have a great night!

i hope u are right
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

GuvHog

Quote from: jry04 on September 14, 2016, 04:11:05 pm
You cannot be serious, can you?

Dustin Thomas played in every game as a freshman at Colorado. He was 1 of 5 players to play in all 35 games that season. They went 22-13 that season and made the NCAAT as an 8 seed. They played 9 top 25 teams that season, including #1 Arizona three times, and top 10 Oklahoma State and Kansas. They actually beat Kansas, when Kansas was #6. Dustin played 16 minutes that game. As a sophomore, CU was not very good. They only played in the CBI, but did face 5 top 25 teams that season. I don't think there is any debate that the 2 seasons he played in the PAC-12 that he was playing in a more difficult conference than the SEC. I also do not think anyone would debate that playing in a tougher conference, and in a NCAAT game qualifies as experience. As for your "are they even competitive comment," they have made the NCAAT 4 of the last 5 seasons. The only year that the missed was his sophomore season, which is when they went to the CBI.

Just to be clear, I never gave any expectations for Dustin Thomas. I only argued that the few of you who think he may struggle because he is inexperienced are being foolish. That is the most unrealistic thing being said. The guy has plenty of experience. He averaged over 15 minutes per game for 2 seasons in a tougher league. It isn't unrealistic to think he can come in and be a solid contributor from day one. If he isn't very good, or hasn't developed, it is more because of his lack of talent than his lack of experience.

You would do well to read before you post. I have never at any time said Thomas would struggle. He'll do well but I don't believe he'll be a world beater this year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on September 14, 2016, 08:49:41 pm
Welcome to Hogville Fastest40Chica! Always great to have more basketball fans on here.

Just wondering, do you have 3 or 4 particular teams in mind that you would see as tough match-ups for us this season?

Well, KY Jelly is numero uno for reasons obvious to even the most casual observer.

Then there's Texas who likes to run the floor and press full court which I think may cause some problems for our newcomers as they get acclimated to the pace we like to play. Plus, pressing teams don't like to be pressed according to the old adage.

Auburn beat us at home last year with a shorthanded team and they are bringing in a super recruiting class of high quality athletes who should be right at home in an up and down the court game.

I also think that Miss State will be a tough matchup for us as well. I think they are going to be pretty good under Howland this year, especially on defense. We will have to fight hard for a win at their place.

The Florida game might be a little tougher as well considering the fact that it is played when the students are gone home for xmas and is our 1st conference game. Not sure of the type of crowd we will have for that game but hope the turnout is great and the noise level is high.

redleg

I'll predict 24-7 overall, 13-5 in SEC play.
I see non-conference losses to Texas and Ok St, and SEC losses at Kentucky, at A&M, at LSU, at Auburn, and at Florida.
The Hogs should go undefeated at home!
That should be good enough for a 2nd or 3rd place finish in the conference, and a trip to the Big Dance as a #6 or #7 seed. The seeding might be even higher if the Hogs can find a way to finally win a game or two in the SEC Tournament.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: redleg on September 15, 2016, 10:49:15 am
I see non-conference losses to Texas and Ok St, and SEC losses at Kentucky, at A&M, at LSU, at Auburn, and at Florida.
That should be good enough for a 2nd or 3rd place finish in the conference, and a trip to the Big Dance as a #6 or #7 seed. The seeding might be even higher if the Hogs can find a way to finally win a game or two in the SEC Tournament.

Fair enough, however I think we might lose a game at home (Florida maybe for reason stated prior). Still, this sounds reasonable and if it happens, I will be ecstatic (especially with a couple of wins in the SEC tournament).

hogwood

Quote from: redleg on September 15, 2016, 10:49:15 am

We were 24-7 and got to the SEC title game in 2015 and were a 5 seed.

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 15, 2016, 09:18:53 am
Well, KY Jelly is numero uno for reasons obvious to even the most casual observer.

Then there's Texas who likes to run the floor and press full court which I think may cause some problems for our newcomers as they get acclimated to the pace we like to play. Plus, pressing teams don't like to be pressed according to the old adage.

Auburn beat us at home last year with a shorthanded team and they are bringing in a super recruiting class of high quality athletes who should be right at home in an up and down the court game.

I also think that Miss State will be a tough matchup for us as well. I think they are going to be pretty good under Howland this year, especially on defense. We will have to fight hard for a win at their place.

The Florida game might be a little tougher as well considering the fact that it is played when the students are gone home for xmas and is our 1st conference game. Not sure of the type of crowd we will have for that game but hope the turnout is great and the noise level is high.

I think she meant in the tournament that there would be 3-4 teams to give us trouble rather than on the schedule. I could think of a lot more than 3-4 but I was just wondering which ones she was thinking of.

But I agree all those teams will be tough match-ups for us during the regular season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on September 15, 2016, 11:38:37 am
I think she meant in the tournament that there would be 3-4 teams to give us trouble rather than on the schedule. I could think of a lot more than 3-4 but I was just wondering which ones she was thinking of.

But I agree all those teams will be tough match-ups for us during the regular season.

Ok, I see. Well in that case, North Carolina; Duke; Kansas and you know who. All of the usual suspects plus most of the rest of the top 25.  ;)

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 15, 2016, 01:21:33 pm
Ok, I see. Well in that case, North Carolina; Duke; Kansas and you know who. All of the usual suspects plus most of the rest of the top 25.  ;)

LOL yup.

jry04

Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2016, 08:00:51 am
You would do well to read before you post. I have never at any time said Thomas would struggle. He'll do well but I don't believe he'll be a world beater this year.
You weren't the only one I was referring to. You made an ignorant comment implying that CU isn't any good. That is what I was addressing you about.