Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do we do when we face Egbunu?

Started by FineAsSwine, September 01, 2016, 11:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

That guy gave Moses fits in the post last year. Do we have anyone who can bang with this beast? I recommend getting in touch with Jeff Gillooly. We need someone to kneecap this guy.

This year, he is going to probably going to be able to use both hands. I scare.

Hawg Red

Hopefully Moses will be ready to buck up on him this year. Trey, too.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 01, 2016, 11:40:57 am
Hopefully Moses will be ready to buck up on him this year. Trey, too.

Trey needs to step up and help Moses by being a physical enforcer down low. 2 or 3 hard, physical fouls a game and at least one that sends a guy sprawling. Earn that rep early just so teams know we aren't soft.

FineAsSwine

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 01, 2016, 12:04:03 pm
I would like to see more of this from Trey. This is what we need against the Egbunus of the world.

Love watching the bench reaction as Trey clears out Simmons. They are so pumped for him even before the shot goes in. It is like they are finally seeing him do what he does in practice and are stoked for him. Definitely hope to see more of that.

Hawg Red

Trey burying that shoulder into Simmons' chest was probably the highlight of the season for me.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 22, 2016, 10:17:12 am
Just beat him. Next question.

Yes, this sounds so easy except that I watched both games we played against the Florida Haters last year and this guy was a serious problem.

I'm a homer and I do want us to not only "just beat him", but also just beat the crap out of him. However, this guy is built as solidly as a brick sheethouse. He will be a formidable task for our interior guys and I hope that our physicality has improved to the point that SOMEONE on our team (Trey I'm looking at you) will vigorously mix it up with this bully in the paint.

NoogaHog

So, what you are saying is we need Roosevelt "five fouls to give" Wallace. Sounds good. Does he have any eligibility left? I liked that guy.
Trey could be that guy if he wanted to.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 23, 2016, 10:58:52 am
So, what you are saying is we need Roosevelt "five fouls to give" Wallace. Sounds good. Does he have any eligibility left? I liked that guy.
Trey could be that guy if he wanted to.

Roosevelt would have been perfect, as would Andrew Lang.

NoogaHog

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 23, 2016, 11:20:28 am
Do we have a "banger" now or coming?

Trey is the only one right now, if he has developed the temperament for it. Victor Enoh could be an enforcer, which is why I think he (or someone like him) should be a priority. Some say that Dustin Thomas is a basketball tough guy with the mean streak needed when the going gets tough down low. Doesn't seem big enough to bang with Egbunu types though. Hope he proves me wrong.

AWHAWG

FineAsSwine

Quote from: AWHAWG on October 08, 2016, 01:21:56 am
We

The Razorbacks. You can't really be that obtuse, right? Everyone that posts here is on the team.

RealHog

October 09, 2016, 06:40:25 pm #14 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:56:56 pm by RealHog
Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 23, 2016, 11:46:16 am
Trey is the only one right now, if he has developed the temperament for it. Victor Enoh could be an enforcer, which is why I think he (or someone like him) should be a priority. Some say that Dustin Thomas is a basketball tough guy with the mean streak needed when the going gets tough down low. Doesn't seem big enough to bang with Egbunu types though. Hope he proves me wrong.

Exactly why I think losing Enoh hurts us. This is exactly my thinking when people say we have guys like Thomas and Bailey for the post. Good players but a bit small against some teams in a P5 conference. I'm sure CMA has somebody lined up though.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RealHog on October 09, 2016, 06:40:25 pm
Exactly why I think losing Enoh hurts us. This is exactly my thinking when people say we have guys like Thomas and Bailey for the post. Good players but a bit small against some teams in a P5 conference. I'm sure CMA has somebody lined up though.

Looking like  spring before we use that 2017 scholarship.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 01, 2016, 11:28:43 am
That guy gave Moses fits in the post last year. Do we have anyone who can bang with this beast? I recommend getting in touch with Jeff Gillooly. We need someone to kneecap this guy.

This year, he is going to probably going to be able to use both hands. I scare.

NoogaHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 23, 2016, 11:46:16 am

That now seems to be incredibly accurate. Thompson is big but maybe a little soft. Thomas seems to be fearless without quite enough backside.

Letsroll1200

Egbunu is a grown man and he plays to his strengths. Moses is still trying to figure out what he is as a basketball player. Moses has to be more aggressive on the offensive end of the court around the rim.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 27, 2016, 10:31:45 am
Egbunu is a grown man and he plays to his strengths. Moses is still trying to figure out what he is as a basketball player. Moses has to be more aggressive on the offensive end of the court around the rim.

He out manned Moses last year with one hand so I think this is going to be a key individual matchup. Moses has not been hitting on all cylinders this year so it may be best to get into the transition game. Moses has an advantage there.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 27, 2016, 10:51:51 am
He out manned Moses last year with one hand so I think this is going to be a key individual matchup. Moses has not been hitting on all cylinders this year so it may be best to get into the transition game. Moses has an advantage there.

That's why I was surprised when Moses was selected as Player of the Year in the SEC.

rzrbackramsfan

This year Moses will have more back up.  Dustin Thomas was made for situations like these.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 27, 2016, 12:48:18 pm
This year Moses will have more back up.  Dustin Thomas was made for situations like these.

Have you seen Egbunu? I get the whole "it ain't the size of the hog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the hog" but Thomas better bring his lunch bucket if he intends to bang in the blocks with Egbunu.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 27, 2016, 12:56:36 pm
Have you seen Egbunu? I get the whole "it ain't the size of the hog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the hog" but Thomas better bring his lunch bucket if he intends to bang in the blocks with Egbunu.

Well it always helps to have a buddy down low to hit the boards with and control the paint and Moses will have one this year, where he didn't last year.

I know egbunu is a beast but hope for a different story this year since MK will have help.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 27, 2016, 01:04:39 pm
Well it always helps to have a buddy down low to hit the boards with and control the paint and Moses will have one this year, where he didn't last year.

I know egbunu is a beast but hope for a different story this year since MK will have help.

I just hate to see a bully picking on someone close to me or that I like. I once jumped into a fight to help my dog fight a pit bull. We whipped his ass.

That's what I want to see out of the Hogs. Somebody to help Moses down low, he can't do it all by himself.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 27, 2016, 01:13:49 pm
I just hate to see a bully picking on someone close to me or that I like. I once jumped into a fight to help my dog fight a pit bull. We whipped his ass.

That's what I want to see out of the Hogs. Somebody to help Moses down low, he can't do it all by himself.

Exactly.  I feel good about this game with Macon, I know he's gonna bring it.  I doubt Macon likes how kevaughn handles the recruiting process.

TexArkHogFan

Play him like Nolan did with Oliver Miller against Shaq.  We beat him. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 27, 2016, 02:20:37 pm
Play him like Nolan did with Oliver Miller against Shaq.  We beat him.

I don't want to give Egbunu too much credit and say we need a strategy to beat him. I think it's just mental with Kingsley and this guy. The Hogs need to box out strong and keep him off of the offensive glass and when they have a chance our bigs need to really run the court and score in transition.

Ham Sandwich

You sound like an animal abuser to me personally.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on December 27, 2016, 04:16:38 pm
You sound like an animal abuser to me personally.

Haha, the pit was the aggressor. He back off once he got blitzed. Only used enough force to repel the attack. Don't tell me you would have stood there and watched your best friend get mauled. Smh, you must have been kidding.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 27, 2016, 04:22:32 pm
Haha, the pit was the aggressor. He back off once he got blitzed. Only used enough force to repel the attack. Don't tell me you would have stood there and watched your best friend get mauled. Smh, you must have been kidding.

Haha. What kind of dog do you have?

FineAsSwine

tophawg19

did you get some good bites in too
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

FineAsSwine

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 27, 2016, 08:01:17 pm
did you get some good bites in too

Haha, man bites dog. Now that would be news!