Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Bam Adebayo Stop This?

Started by FineAsSwine, August 27, 2016, 04:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/airdrio-bailey-is-a-beast/

Adrio Bailey with a full head of steam is going to be a handful for just about anybody. Gonna be hard to keep this stud on the bench. We are going to see some highlights from him this year.

Hawg Red

So much depth this year.

Just hope the young guys that don't get heavy minutes this season stick it out and stay in the program. Every player on the roster or committed fits a need/role. There's no Dee Wagner/Lorenzo Jenkins kind of players anywhere in sight. All of these guys can definitely play in the SEC. We're in a good spot right now.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 27, 2016, 07:15:45 pm
So much depth this year.

Just hope the young guys that don't get heavy minutes this season stick it out and stay in the program. Every player on the roster or committed fits a need/role. There's no Dee Wagner/Lorenzo Jenkins kind of players anywhere in sight. All of these guys can definitely play in the SEC. We're in a good spot right now.
Come on don't be baggin on my boy Doobie ;D

Hawg Red

Just looked up Doobie and he landed at Colorado State. I'm impressed. Figured he was headed low-major. Good luck to the young man.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 27, 2016, 10:09:26 pm
Just looked up Doobie and he landed at Colorado State. I'm impressed. Figured he was headed low-major. Good luck to the young man.

He helped out as a practice body so, there's that. But he didn't seem to have a frame strong enough to compete in the SEC.  Now Adrio, on the other hand, this kid looks physically ready, he just needs some fine tuning. Once he gets things figured out, he will make an impact. Lot of people comparing his athleticism to Qualls but Qualls didn't have the physique nor the strength that Bailey came waltzing in here with. I'm excited to see him and Jones in clean up action in some of the nonconference games. Will be fun watching Jones and Bailey develop this season.

HardingHog

To answer the heading of this thread: yes. I'm very excited to see what Bailey can do because he's a freak, but to be honest Adebayo is a bigger and even more athletic version of Bailey. Definitely Shawn Kemp-ian watching his highlights. However, we're probably going to have Bailey longer than UK will have Bam  :razorback:

The_Iceman

Quote from: HardingHog on August 28, 2016, 12:02:08 am
To answer the heading of this thread: yes. I'm very excited to see what Bailey can do because he's a freak, but to be honest Adebayo is a bigger and even more athletic version of Bailey. Definitely Shawn Kemp-ian watching his highlights. However, we're probably going to have Bailey longer than UK will have Bam  :razorback:

You are right, the answer is probably yes.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HardingHog on August 28, 2016, 12:02:08 am

Fair enough. Gonna enjoy watching Bailey's development here though. While Bam is bigger and very athletic, he is raw offensively and is likely to remain so as a freshman.

Bailey will be even stronger by his junior year with time to refine his offensive game in college, I think his impact could be biggers. I think that 4 years of Adrio > 1 year of Bam.

rzrbackramsfan

Idk but I can't wait to watch them figure it out

Pig in the Pokey

Still mad we couldn't get Sunday's boy, though.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 28, 2016, 08:51:54 pm
Then you're mad for no reason.  Not his boy.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 28, 2016, 08:51:54 pm

They aren't even related

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 28, 2016, 09:27:34 pm
They aren't even related
yeah I know, man, it was supposed to be funny. You know how many times it's been said on here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 28, 2016, 09:30:11 pm
yeah I know, man, it was supposed to be funny. You know how many times it's been said on here.

My bad didn't catch that you were joking

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 27, 2016, 11:50:33 pm
He helped out as a practice body so, there's that. But he didn't seem to have a frame strong enough to compete in the SEC.  Now Adrio, on the other hand, this kid looks physically ready, he just needs some fine tuning. Once he gets things figured out, he will make an impact. Lot of people comparing his athleticism to Qualls but Qualls didn't have the physique nor the strength that Bailey came waltzing in here with. I'm excited to see him and Jones in clean up action in some of the nonconference games. Will be fun watching Jones and Bailey develop this season.

Bailey has been my favorite in this class since he committed. He's gonna be great.

1hawgballer2

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricolacey on August 31, 2016, 04:59:48 pm

I want to see Hazen develop into a real contributor in a year or two. Think he just needs a little more heft and muscle for the 'neath the rim tussles. Hope he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Guys who stay in the program and gain muscle and stamina before becoming soph and jr season contributors will help us against the Adebayo "raw and unrefined freak of nature" types who go to KY for one year but leave before they figure things out.