Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Highlights of the Hogs 124-55 Win in Exhibition Finale in Spain

Started by Jason Carroll, August 14, 2016, 06:23:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

BARCELONA, Spain – The Arkansas men's basketball program exploded offensively Sunday evening in Barcelona and dominated the European Academy 124-55 to cap its 10-day journey in Spain with three consecutive victories.

Seven players finished in double figures, led by 23 points from freshman CJ Jones and 19 from senior Dusty Hannahs. All 13 Razorbacks on the roster recorded a field goal and Arkansas combined to win its final three games by 105 points.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-cruise-to-victory-in-spain-finale

Dominicanhog

This team looks really athletic and deep..... It's easy to get excited about the season.... It appears that Mike has finally assembled a deep squad with long aggressive defensive guards (ala Clint McDaniel), forwards that get out fast and run and rebound (D. Hood), wings that slash and defend(L.Howell) and shooters (Day, Bradley.etc) ...

I'm addicted to kool-aid and hype is a concern, but when you watch CJ, Adrio, Thomas, Cook, Barford, Macon and Hazen, how fluid and talented they look.. even if they aren't as good as they appear, they'll be much better than what we had last year, if only from a depth perspective. ....  with what we have returning, I believe anything less than 22 wins will be disappointing.... I bet it's closer to 25..

One sure thing they've done for me, is .... I'm PUMPED...  :razorback:

Breems

Other team looked awful, short, and unathletic. Glad we dominated.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogwood

Quote from: Breems on August 15, 2016, 07:43:24 am

Yeah did you see that picture they took together (the 2 teams)? It looked like they had only one guy taller than 6'2", and most being around 5'11" to 6'1". They also all looked like junior high players.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Breems on August 15, 2016, 07:43:24 am

I wasn't talking about the competition..... At this point it appears to me, but maybe not you, that our talent level is better, our depth is better, and our size is much better than last year... that might not pan out, but it doesn't change the fact...

azhog10

Quote from: hogwood on August 15, 2016, 08:24:47 am
Yeah did you see that picture they took together (the 2 teams)? It looked like they had only one guy taller than 6'2", and most being around 5'11" to 6'1". They also all looked like junior high players.
According to Dudley who was there, he had said this team was the biggest team we played and actually had a few big men. He said in warmups that this game, he thought, would have been the toughest game. Obviously that's why you play the game.

hogwood

Quote from: azhog10 on August 17, 2016, 09:11:37 am
According to Dudley who was there, he had said this team was the biggest team we played and actually had a few big men. He said in warmups that this game, he thought, would have been the toughest game. Obviously that's why you play the game.

Interesting... Maybe it was a different game in the group picture at the end of the highlights? Take a look. They look very thin, young, and short.

azhog10

Quote from: hogwood on August 17, 2016, 08:52:26 pm
Interesting... Maybe it was a different game in the group picture at the end of the highlights? Take a look. They look very thin, young, and short.
Pictures are hard to tell sometimes. If the angle of the pic is taken a certain way things look different. Are their knees bent, are they hunched over? Just hard to tell. I am just repeating what someone said that was actually there in person. Dudley had also mentioned a team before that game had a guy around 7' tall.