Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is Bubba Hog?

Started by Mick Hogger, February 07, 2014, 08:05:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Hogger

He hasn't been to any of the games I've been to this year. Has anyone seen him at one?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

swinetologist1

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

rzrbackramsfan

I wonder of he was torn at all haha

Mick Hogger

Quote from: swinetologist1 on February 07, 2014, 12:10:38 pm
Moved to ATX

Thanks for the info. Hate that he's gone. He really fired the crowd up.
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

thirrdegreetusker

Is this the guy that wore a blue hat and blue plaid shirt to the games? If so, I never "got" his popularity.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Wild Bill Hog

He was a great fan.  Lots of enthusiasm.

jacobp

there was a chick dressed up like him. In the student section at the Mizzou game.

Smokehouse

Quote from: jacobp on February 07, 2014, 09:38:38 pm
there was a chick dressed up like him. In the student section at the Mizzou game.

Did the band play NFL to see if she'd take her shirt off?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hogginbama

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on February 07, 2014, 03:06:31 pm
Is this the guy that wore a blue hat and blue plaid shirt to the games? If so, I never "got" his popularity.

His popularity was due to his all out craziness for the team. Fans took to him because, in this day and age of taking ourselves too seriously, he had fun with being a fan. Can you imagine what games would be like if everyone decided to say to hell with what anyone thinks, I am having fun?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

termite

Quote from: hogginbama on February 08, 2014, 11:59:40 am
His popularity was due to his all out craziness for the team. Fans took to him because, in this day and age of taking ourselves too seriously, he had fun with being a fan. Can you imagine what games would be like if everyone decided to say to hell with what anyone thinks, I am having fun?

Wow, I applaud you.

Wild Bill Hog

rzrbackramsfan

Bubba hog was an iconic figure of idealism and freedom.  Ripping the bars of oppression he fought through criticism to become a legend at Arkansas.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

(notOM)Rebel123

You mean like fans used to do when there wasn't a commercial or "special recognition" during every timeout?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 08, 2014, 04:55:17 pm
You mean like fans used to do when there wasn't a commercial or "special recognition" during every timeout?

^^this
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

PurpleBullHog

Sad to hear that.  My torts professor is really proud of the pictures that she uses on her power points.  I got her to use a picture of him last semester.  We were in law school and reading an Arkansas case about a guy named Bubba, so I figured I'd share a picture of a guy named Bubba who went to law school at Arkansas.  Needless to say all of these Nashville kids loved it. 

slobberinhog

I thought BH might have quit on this team like others have. jk.

SwazyHog

Good riddance, I always found him annoying.
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

hobhog

Great fan but dont miss his representation at all.....

Silence O the Hams

All you snobs can suck it!  He was hilarious and made the games fun and more enthusiastic!  If you are worried he was putting a bad light on AR for people across the nation, you can relax, they already think what they think.

Razorback2010

He was hilarious and a lot fun... Although I do hold him responsible for the student section no longer doing the motions/ hand signs that go with NFL.  When he would do his thing, all the students would turn around and look and the younger generations never learned...

Mick Hogger

We could use more Bubba Hogs and less people that are only there to be seen.

Dr. Starcs

Agreed. Bubba Hog was a whole lot better than the blue hairs that go now and sit and politely clap.

High Octane Hog

pondwater jack

There's a little Bubba in all of us if we will just let iT OUT!

I've had direhha for 36 hours now.  Straight.  Stomach churning and gurgling my gastric jucies around.  about every 15-30 minutes im on the hopper! 

If our COLLECTIVE RAZOBACK SPIRIT was like this, knocking at the door to get out.  That is what Bubba was like.  the Direaha of Bud Walton Arena.  Bustin loose all the time.  Ready to spray the other team down like a rabid skunk with Razorback sprite!  If we all had that same spirit we wouldnt need him.  That is why he left such a void. 

Like when we lost Dan Haggerty that played Grizzly Adams.  What lessons could we have learned from him if he was still with us?!? 

The point to this is when you get a ticket....use it.  And LET IT RIP!  jsut like Bubbahog did.  I hope he comes back one day.

Jack Blasingame, II
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

PonderinHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 09, 2014, 10:23:29 pm
There's a little Bubba in all of us if we will just let iT OUT!

I've had direhha for 36 hours now.  Straight.  Stomach churning and gurgling my gastric jucies around.  about every 15-30 minutes im on the hopper! 

If our COLLECTIVE RAZOBACK SPIRIT was like this, knocking at the door to get out.  That is what Bubba was like.  the Direaha of Bud Walton Arena.  Bustin loose all the time.  Ready to spray the other team down like a rabid skunk with Razorback sprite!  If we all had that same spirit we wouldnt need him.  That is why he left such a void. 

Like when we lost Dan Haggerty that played Grizzly Adams.  What lessons could we have learned from him if he was still with us?!? 

The point to this is when you get a ticket....use it.  And LET IT RIP!  jsut like Bubbahog did.  I hope he comes back one day.

Jack Blasingame, II
When it comes to number 2, Jack, you're number 1!   :razorback:

thirrdegreetusker

..............so, kinda like the "wave"?

I appreciated his enthusiasm, sort of, but when he persisted in wearing blue, I had to believe it was more about attention than it was genuine enthusiasm for the team........

I mean, really, a Hog fanatic who cannot come up with red to wear to the game? 

Mick Hogger

I think it was last season either during the FL or MO game that while he was doing his act, the camera went to a group of boys that had their shirts off imitating him. He got the fans involved more than anyone since Robken.

thirrdegreetusker

I just cannot get over the blue apparel. Imagine this:

Arkansas v Kentucky on national television, close game, two minutes left, Hogs get a breakaway dunk to take the lead, crowd goes wild, KY calls time, and the camera pans up to the UA student section to a guy wearing a BLUE hat, waving a BLUE shirt over his head..........

Announcer: "Uh, uhh, I guess we missed something....."

arkjay19

Quote from: Silence O the Hams on February 09, 2014, 06:35:12 pmAll you snobs can suck it!  He was hilarious and made the games fun and more enthusiastic!  If you are worried he was putting a bad light on AR for people across the nation, you can relax, they already think what they think.

this ^^^

Bubba Hog got his start at the football games right?  When Bubba Hog first came around, the football and basketball teams were pretty good and pretty fun.  I always enjoyed his theatrics.

Silky_Jackson

Bubba Hog was a UofA Law School student too, btw.  So he wasn't some hillbilly like everyone thinks....that's why it's funny

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 07, 2014, 09:27:24 pm
I am fine by his absence

Me also don't need to stereotype the rest of the hog fans bc of this guy

Mick Hogger

That gets taken care of on a daily basis on Hogville. More outsiders see our fan base and wonder what the hell's in the water more than they do worry about a fan having fun.

swinetologist1

Quote from: Silky_Jackson on February 12, 2014, 09:33:44 am
Bubba Hog was a UofA Law School student too, btw.  So he wasn't some hillbilly like everyone thinks....that's why it's funny

well just b/c he went to law school (and graduated and passed the bar btw) doesn't mean he isn't some hillbilly  :)
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

Hoggfan69

Hey y'all just wanted to give you a Hogg update, he is still invigorating the hearts and minds of people but now he is doing it as a stand up comedian in Austin, Tx. I'm a Bubba Hogg super fan so that's how I know all of this, go Razorbacks!

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Hoggfan69 on August 29, 2016, 06:33:04 pm
Hey y'all just wanted to give you a Hogg update, he is still invigorating the hearts and minds of people but now he is doing it as a stand up comedian in Austin, Tx. I'm a Bubba Hogg super fan so that's how I know all of this, go Razorbacks!

I was there when he had his face broken on the rugby pitch.  That was funny til he didn't get up. 

Would not have guessed standup comedian. 

OutlawHawg

Bubba Hog was great, gave us some energy back in a time when Hog ball didn't have much. I know he was from Siloam Springs didn't know he'd gone down to Austin.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Mick Hogger on February 13, 2014, 04:20:02 pm
That gets taken care of on a daily basis on Hogville. More outsiders see our fan base and wonder what the hell's in the water more than they do worry about a fan having fun.

Not true, Arkansas doesn't have the reputation it had fifty years ago.  People always disrespect the next state just like we do but it's no more over the top than it is for any other state. 

And yes I have been in 49 of the 50 states.

I was born and raise as hillbilly as they come but I can go anywhere and have an interesting conversation with people.  Mostly people just want to know about other people.