Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 01:54:40 am

Lanny - a suggestion please

Started by Seebs, November 08, 2017, 07:53:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Is there a way that when someone uses the words ' if we win out' it instead changes the phrase to 'I am insane'?

It would help with clarity methinks.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

East Clintwood

Could also use another macro that Changes the words "What if . . . " to "I'm a plant here doing the bidding of Jeff Long, Super-Duper Athletic Director Man."
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cinco de Hogo

I got one too!

Please take Hogsanity's energizer bunny batteries away from him, he's driving everyone crazy.

And that kinda goes along with the first request.

Jimbob111

Wouldn't it be easier to just remind Hogville members they can skip posts that have repetitive titles, themes, or statements? If they accidentally click on one, they should be reminded that they can hit the back arrow, the red X in the upper right corner of their browser, or simply close their eyes until they can face the world again. It might make things simpler to remind them.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Cinco de Hogo

Got another suggestion, is there any way to block a thread from showing up in "new replays to your post" after you make the mistake of posting in one you lose interest in?

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 08, 2017, 08:09:56 am
I got one too!

Please take Hogsanity's energizer bunny batteries away from him, he's driving everyone crazy.

And that kinda goes along with the first request.

Or maybe just have him change his name to a more appropriate one like Hoginsanity.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cotton

Please ban the following names from any coaching search thread or forum:

Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Bobby Petrino
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 08:42:21 am
Please ban the following names from any coaching search thread or forum:

Houston Dale Nutt
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Bobby Petrino

Fixed that for you!

Corkscrew Johnson

Also, if someone uses the terms "we are a mid-tier program", "we can't recruit in Arkansas", or "we should join the Big 12", please replace with "I'm a little bitch".

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

26.2Hog

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 08, 2017, 08:47:33 am
Also, if someone uses the terms "we are a mid-tier program", "we can't recruit in Arkansas", or "we should join the Big 12", please replace with "I'm a little bitch".

YES

Steef

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Calling All Hogs

Let him rave on, that men will know him mad.

Hog-Corleone

How about changing

"Oh great, another new thread on...."
to
"I'm the official thread cop.  All new threads must be reviewed and approved by me before posting.  Please PM me for such review and approval.  Thank you for your cooperation."
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Seebs

I am shooting for a maybe. One day .. one day.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 11:33:04 am
I am shooting for a maybe. One day .. one day.

More than a few of us have had that day.

snoblind

Quote from: Lanny on November 08, 2017, 08:37:15 am
No
No
maybe
No
No

Have Doug turn [you] back on after setting up your inbox up to block all PMs.  Turn off your phone and take a couple of days off just to hang with the family.  Everything will be fine.  I promise.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 07:53:38 am
Is there a way that when someone uses the words ' if we win out' it instead changes the phrase to 'I am insane'?

It would help with clarity methinks.
Be very careful. The ACLU has been specially instructed to initiate immediate "cease and desist" orders as well as file numerous lawsuits in the event this were to occur. Those who are less than "mentally balanced" or otherwise lacking full /complete sanity have let these guys know they feel both offended and oppressed by such scurrilous comments and actions. You HAVE been warned!!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 08, 2017, 08:47:33 am
I agree, "mid-tier" is not even close to being true.  we just beat a 1-7 team in its first year of FBS by 1 point.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.